An XYZ, Gloom Knight

Reirai

I made this card to fight LIGHT monsters and get a powerup off of them.

[spoiler=Older Versions]
V.1
[img]http://i.imgur.com/d3xRC.jpg[/img]

V.2
[img]http://i.imgur.com/Ld8yg.jpg[/img]

V.3
[img]http://i.imgur.com/SkFLh.jpg[/img]

V.4
[img]http://i.imgur.com/3OD0q.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

V.5
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/UHXPZ.jpg[/IMG]

Your thoughts?

Did it hurt you to make it generic or something? Cause at the moment, it's a situational, non-generic waste of Extra Deck space. Heck, it being non-generic isn't all that bad, but come on, 3 Level 7 DARK monsters? Getting 2 Level 7 DARKs out is hard enough as it is, as nobody really runs Level 7 DARK monsters, other than Gagaga Magician, but why would you use Gagaga Magician to Summon this in the first place?

Really, make it 2 Level 7 monsters (preferably without the DARK monsters requirement) . At least then it has a chance to be Summoned.

[quote name='Zanda Panda' timestamp='1333654790' post='5902800']
Did it hurt you to make it generic or something? Cause at the moment, it's a situational, non-generic waste of Extra Deck space. Heck, it being non-generic isn't all that bad, but come on, 3 Level 7 DARK monsters? Getting 2 Level 7 DARKs out is hard enough as it is, as nobody really runs Level 7 DARK monsters, other than Gagaga Magician, but why would you use Gagaga Magician to Summon this in the first place?

Really, make it 2 Level 7 monsters (preferably without the DARK monsters requirement) . At least then it has a chance to be Summoned.
[/quote]I really agree... okay effect but alittle OP'ed

[quote name='sasder47' timestamp='1333675666' post='5903241']
I really agree... okay effect but alittle OP'ed
[/quote]
lolwat

This card is beyond terrible. It is, simply put, toilet paper.

Keep in mind the existance of Number 11: Big Eye, a Rank 7 that has a better eff than the (Forbidden) Change of Heart, AND a 2600 bulk. Sure, this is better than Number 7: Lucky Strike, but still.

Also, as Zanda said, no one uses Level 7 DARK monsters except Gagaga Magician (which basically says "Use me for Big Eye or Volca or whatever"). So this is bad in two ways - both summoning conditions and effect.

Make it 2x Level 7 Monsters, raise its ATK to 3000, and neg the "LIGHT" condition. Then we'd talk.

I held back on the ability and ATK because I didn't want Gloom Knight to be too overpowered, and besides, my original intent was to make a card that fought LIGHT Monsters and got stronger every time it beat one. So with that in mind, I've updated the card.

[quote name='Herman The German' timestamp='1333850981' post='5905779']
you copy the name and pic off of my topic
[/quote]
Doesn't show up on searching tools.

And well, sad to say, but the very idea of a card that kills just a single attribute is overall a bad concept. The only AOJ people use is Catastor, which is in fact not an Anti-LIGHT card, but an Anti-Everything-Except-DARKs-card.

This is strictly harder to summon than Catastor, and also has an inferior effect. If I want to kill LIGHTs I'd rather go for him, thank you.

V1 cannot be seen by me, but that doesn't matter sinse the card is updated.

Let me see if I got it right. People complained (rightfully) that x3 Level 7 is too expensive, so you made it x3 Level 6 instead?
That doesn't make it any easier to Summon.

-Reduce it to "x2" with the Level of your choice, but do not make them anything less than generic.
Also, the effect is meh. You could make it gain the full ATK or DEF of what it's destroying, and it still wouldn't be overpowered. Especially if it's Rank is something higher than 5 and it's effect only anti-LIGHT. I actually think it'd need a bit more of something.

Looks a bit better. Though I still think it could get away with either:

a) gaining the total ATK/DEF that he is supposed to gain rather than just half of it.
B) gaining the amount before the battle actually ends.
c) all the above.

Though that's just me.

[quote name='Berry Punch~' timestamp='1333917383' post='5906672']
Looks a bit better. Though I still think it could get away with either:

a) gaining the total ATK/DEF that he is supposed to gain rather than just half of it.
B) gaining the amount before the battle actually ends.
c) all the above.

Though that's just me.
[/quote]

What do you mean by gaining the amount before the battle actually ends?

[quote name='Reirai' timestamp='1333918414' post='5906690']
What do you mean by gaining the amount before the battle actually ends?
[/quote]

During Damage Step or Damage Calculation when it battles. Yours waits for the battle to end and for the monster to be destroyed, leave the field, and for Battle Damage to be inflicted before it can claim the boost.

[quote name='Reirai' timestamp='1333922407' post='5906771']
You mean like this?
[/quote]

Not exactly.
During the Damage Step, the monster hasn't been destroyed yet, so it cannot be "when it destroys a monster".

EDIT:
ninja'd )=

Archived