Frozen Time - Well look who's stuck...

thekazu4u

Inspired by Deja Vu from the manga.
The hardest thing about making a card that plays with time is deciding what it does not change. If it reverted [i] everything [/i] to the state of the turn before, then that would just be boring. It needs to revert some things, but not others. Since reusing spells seems to be pretty much banned, I decided to only let it affect monsters. Oh, and hands :)
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/42453.jpg[/img]
[quote Card Text]Place this card on top of your opponent's Deck; Return any monster(s) Summoned from the hand this turn to their owner's hand and return to the field any monster(s) destroyed this turn to the field.
[/quote]
Like the position you are in? Want to keep it that way for another turn? Use this card. But your opponent will be able to do the same to you :)

Where's the card, if its not an error then this should be in Written Cards section.

Anyways, the name of the card should Back In Time. More likely eh?

I mean, you're not freezing time, you're basically returning everything to where they were before this card was played. Nice card but I have one queustion, do you just put this card into your opponent's deck or you have to activate it first? Is this a trap card? I cannot judge since I don't see the card. Anyways. Nice

Get rid of your opponent's stuff by non-destruction ways (banish, shuffle into Deck, return to hand, etc). Use effects that give you advantages from getting destroyed (most likely "Scrap" mosters). = Enjoy this card giving you extra stuff without recovering your opponent's.

Other than Scraps, I cannot really think of another Deck that would use this card.
Also, as said above, if you don't have a card image, it shouldn't be in this section of the forum.

Sorry about the picture guys, for some reason the editor is being uber stupid to me again. I realized I cannot even log onto YCM using internet exporer, and when I click edit post and paste in the picture, it shows the picture when editing but when I click submit it automatically disappears. Idk why.

As for the card, it is really useful in any deck assuming you can get the situation in a good place for you and want it to stay the same. Also I suppose if you wanted monsters to constantly be returning to your hand for some reason - haven't exactly worked that part out yet.

Edit: for some reason the image has begun to display now. How weird. -.-

[quote name='thekazu4u' timestamp='1333831619' post='5905410']
Sorry about the picture guys, for some reason the editor is being uber stupid to me again. I realized I cannot even log onto YCM using internet exporer, and when I click edit post and paste in the picture, it shows the picture when editing but when I click submit it automatically disappears. Idk why.

As for the card, it is really useful in any deck assuming you can get the situation in a good place for you and want it to stay the same. Also I suppose if you wanted monsters to constantly be returning to your hand for some reason - haven't exactly worked that part out yet.

Edit: for some reason the image has begun to display now. How weird. -.-
[/quote]

No well, "return to the hand" or "shuffle into Deck" would result in conflict with rulings.
I guess from "destruction" is ok, too.

Now I can see the image, which makes me think easier on how to use the card (I'm a visual type reviewer like that).

It's overall ok. If your opponent does Torrental, you merely undo it, which is of great help considering it's generic.

My main complain would be, your opponent being able to use it in the furute, which I'm not completely sure how bad it'd turn out for you.
I like it.

The thing about letting the opponent being able to use it in the future will just mean he will give it back to you... thus frozen time :) I dont exactly think that is a downside, more of just a "static" factor that just lets more complex strategies be based around the card. Oh, and returning to the deck is a cost if you look carefully. So it gets stuck there even if they solemn it or bribe it. You could use it almost like a time seal, eh?

[quote name='thekazu4u' timestamp='1333849718' post='5905764']
The thing about letting the opponent being able to use it in the future will just mean he will give it back to you... thus frozen time :) I dont exactly think that is a downside, more of just a "static" factor that just lets more complex strategies be based around the card. Oh, and returning to the deck is a cost if you look carefully. So it gets stuck there even if they solemn it or bribe it. You could use it almost like a time seal, eh?
[/quote]

I see what you did there (regarding "frozen" time).
As for the cost, I'm not an expert on this kind of mechanic, but indeed I've heard that that is the case for when a "Gladiator Beast" gets negated, and this card must share those same rulings.

Not exactly like "Time Seal". Your opponent is still drawing something, and this card is generic enough so, odds are that your opponent will be able to use it. Though there can't be many chances of abuse in this card.
If the player uses Dark Hole, this card would simply undo it for both players. So there is no possible one-sided nuke there.
If the player gets Torrental Tributed, that is an intelligent use sinse it undoes it for both, but you still have an advantage being in the middle of your turn.
If the player comboes it with Black Rose Dragon, that's another intelligent use, since it at least guarantees Spell/Trap clearance (even though S/T hate is a bit unneeded this format, it's still an amusing idea).
Then it can't return monsters solemned after Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Ritual/ Summoned for the first time.

hmmm the more I think about amusing uses, the more I like this card.

[quote] Then it can't return monsters solemned after Fusion/Synchro/Xyz/Ritual/ Summoned for the first time. [/quote]
The fusion/ritual would never be sent to the graveyard in the first place.

Also I realized something really weird. Say they DDV'd you. You can then use this and get back those monsters... even if some were in your hand, to the field. weird amirite?

[quote name='thekazu4u' timestamp='1333904383' post='5906355']
The fusion/xyz would never be sent to the graveyard in the first place.
[color=blue]Why would that be? Extra Deck cards cannot exist in the Main Deck or hand, but they can certainly exist in the Graveyard. And if a Ritual/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Monster's Ritual/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Summoned is negated, then it wasn't properly Summoned in the first place,so this card wouldn't return it to the field (it never touched the field to begin with)... or what do you mean by that?[/color]

Also I realized something really weird. Say they DDV'd you. You can then use this and get back those monsters... even if some were in your hand, to the field. weird amirite?
[color=blue]What's DDV? Oh wait, after a few minutes... I'm gonna assume [b]D[/b]eck [b]D[/b]evastation [b]V[/b]iruz. Well, that'd get weird rulings. This card says "return" so it doesn't really "Summon", and my common sense tells me that for something to "return" it must have been in the place it wants to "return" to to begin with. The closest to an example from the actual game would be "Destiny Mirage" but I think it only applies to "Destiny HERO" monsters that were on the field to begin with, so it's really unpressedented.

The only thing I can think of to clear that, is going to the "Ruling Questions" thread at "TCG section" and ask it as an hypothetical question...[/color]
[/quote]

[quote] Why would that be? Extra Deck cards cannot exist in the Main Deck or hand, but they can certainly exist in the Graveyard. And if a Ritual/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Monster's Ritual/Fusion/Synchro/Xyz Summoned is negated, then it wasn't properly Summoned in the first place,so this card wouldn't return it to the field (it never touched the field to begin with)... or what do you mean by that [/quote]
I was referring to Fusions and rituals. I suppose certain fusions could find there way to the graveyard by being Solemn'd, but as far as I am aware there is no way of getting a ritual monster in the graveyard through either Solemn without it having been summoned properly first. (Ugh, unless there is some weird way with Ritual Forgone or Book of Moon that I am not thinking of).

If a Synchro/Xyz was destroyed by Solemn Judgment or warning it COULD be brought back with this card because we are not Special Summoning the monsters to the field, we are RETURNING them to the field. Probably would end up having the same ruling as Interdimensional Matter Transporter.

DDV means Deck Devistation Virus. The cards are DESTROYED, and the keyword RETURN is still valid. A feather of the phoenix still works even if the targeted card never existed at the top of your deck, brionac still works if the card never existed in the hand. Generally, in terms of rulings, the word "return" generally means "place" or "put," not "return to whence it came." And the ruling with Destiny Mirage is, if I were to summon "Destiny Hero - Dasher", and you solemn it, then I special summon "destiny hero - malicious" and you activate "torrential tribute", the Malicious would be destroyed. I can then activate "destiny mirage" and return both the Destiny Hero - Dasher AND the Destiny Hero - Malicious, even though the destiny hero dasher never existed on the field. So I am 100% sure that this card could bring back cards from DDV even if they never existed on the field.

[quote name='thekazu4u' timestamp='1333914526' post='5906597']
I was referring to Fusions and rituals. I suppose certain fusions could find there way to the graveyard by being Solemn'd, but as far as I am aware there is no way of getting a ritual monster in the graveyard through either Solemn without it having been summoned properly first. (Ugh, unless there is some weird way with Ritual Forgone or Book of Moon that I am not thinking of).

If a Synchro/Xyz was destroyed by Solemn Judgment or warning it COULD be brought back with this card because we are not Special Summoning the monsters to the field, we are RETURNING them to the field. Probably would end up having the same ruling as Interdimensional Matter Transporter.

DDV means Deck Devistation Virus. The cards are DESTROYED, and the keyword RETURN is still valid. A feather of the phoenix still works even if the targeted card never existed at the top of your deck, brionac still works if the card never existed in the hand. Generally, in terms of rulings, the word "return" generally means "place" or "put," not "return to whence it came." And the ruling with Destiny Mirage is, if I were to summon "Destiny Hero - Dasher", and you solemn it, then I special summon "destiny hero - malicious" and you activate "torrential tribute", the Malicious would be destroyed. I can then activate "destiny mirage" and return both the Destiny Hero - Dasher AND the Destiny Hero - Malicious, even though the destiny hero dasher never existed on the field. So I am 100% sure that this card could bring back cards from DDV even if they never existed on the field.
[/quote]

Oh sorry, was too lazy to go check the actual card on google. Looking at it right now.
I guess you could.

True about Destiny Mirage, after actually going to read the card, yes you can. As long as you activate it in response to a Destiny Hero destroyed and sent from the field to the Graveyard, the Trap doesn't really care where the other Destiny Heroes were destroyed from during the turn.

Which means, your card has a few extra uses it seems. Even though solemning a Summon and returning the solemned monster with this card will still prevent it from being revived in the future (should the returned monster ever leave the field), it's still a fairly good option.

It's looking better in my eyes after knowing that info.

Especially since you can cause cards like Instant Fusion to "miss" by using the card, then using something like Scrap Dragon, preferably killing their spell so they won't get it back, then using this to get back the fusion. What is better is if I am not mistaken the fusion will not be destroyed again during the end phase because Instant Fusion "forgot" because it was removed from the field and returned once. The same could be said for Ritual Foregone, my other card "crazed scientist" etc...

Wow... you helped me think up more uses for this card than I thought there would ever be! When I first thought it up I was planning to make an anti-torrential with a time-seal aspect. Now it seems there are many combos that are far more interesting! Thanks, but do you now think the card is a bit OP'd?

[quote name='thekazu4u' timestamp='1333922576' post='5906778']
Especially since you can cause cards like Instant Fusion to "miss" by using the card, then using something like Scrap Dragon, preferably killing their spell so they won't get it back, then using this to get back the fusion. What is better is if I am not mistaken the fusion will not be destroyed again during the end phase because Instant Fusion "forgot" because it was removed from the field and returned once. The same could be said for Ritual Foregone, my other card "crazed scientist" etc...

Wow... you helped me think up more uses for this card than I thought there would ever be! When I first thought it up I was planning to make an anti-torrential with a time-seal aspect. Now it seems there are many combos that are far more interesting! Thanks, but do you now think the card is a bit OP'd?
[/quote]

No, not really. I think it's balanced.
Even if there was a card that self-"destroyed" all monsters in your hand for the sake of this card's effect, I'd still think it's balanced.

Archived