Yu-Gi-Oh! Hearts of Darkness *Reboot* [OOC/PG-13/Started/Not Accepting]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1334455735' post='5914052']
Evilfusion over on the TCG forum used to be a damned good RPer back in the day.
And I can name more names. Hydra of Clocks got his modding gig because of how good he is.
What I am saying is yes, I am good, and I've been around this forum for almost 3 years, so I know how it works.
[/quote]

Why is that in past tense? Recently, I've just had the unfortunate tendency to join RPs that have no chance of long-term survival.

Actually, I'm just awkwardly aware that I stopped playing in the old version of this RP because it looked like it was going to die, when it actually survived about a week or two longer. Whether it went anywhere, I have no idea.

Any chance I can "return"?

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1334460271' post='5914155']
Actually, I'm just awkwardly aware that I stopped playing in the old version of this RP because it looked like it was going to die, when it actually survived about a week or two longer. Whether it went anywhere, I have no idea.
[/quote]

It didn't actually go too far. AtaksukiPride! ended up placing the proverbial straw that broke the back of the proverbial camel. Although I [i]personally[/i] still reckon that was an understatement. It was more like he slammed the proverbial kendo stick into the back of the proverbial camel and [i]that[/i] made it break. But anyway, it [i]seems[/i] as though he's learnt from that mistake at least =/

I breathed some new life into it with my character "V." (no relation to V of the Tron Family), and it looked like we were actually about to start the WDC...until Shade showed up and, [i]pardon mon Francais[/i], f**ked up everything.
No offense, Pride.
You've learned your lesson...right?

@Stalfos: I'm still putting a lot of the problem on Dharc for abandoning the RP, which allowed for that character to start causing issues. Shade really just brought all of the other issues it had by that point into the light and amplified them. And then kind of gave the middle finger to reason so I kind of see your point...

I, for one, am glad that this will be starting where the old one should have. Three days of WDC Prelims are enough for shenanigans without having anything happen beforehand.

Also, for when Kohaku gets back on, I'm assuming the "Numbers Clause" is implied for all Numbers similarly to the last version?

Yes, I've learned. Also, I've ran E-heroes IRL for the past couple years without going into too much detail, and they've worked like dream. These guys' decks are really gonna be more of just mass-fusion summoning multiple monsters and boosting ATK. I'm also gonna use a few customs.

@Nexus: Taio reference? Thanks. I see what you did there.

[quote name='Alex_S.' timestamp='1334462116' post='5914190']
@Stalfos: I'm still putting a lot of the problem on Dharc for abandoning the RP, which allowed for that character to start causing issues. Shade really just brought all of the other issues it had by that point into the light and amplified them. And then kind of gave the middle finger to reason so I kind of see your point...

I, for one, am glad that this will be starting where the old one should have. Three days of WDC Prelims are enough for shenanigans without having anything happen beforehand.

Also, for when Kohaku gets back on, I'm assuming the "Numbers Clause" is implied for all Numbers similarly to the last version?
[/quote]

Yes. and agreed. ^^

[quote name='TheFinalFan' timestamp='1334465014' post='5914216']
So...am I your co-host?
And who among the villains wants to help with the Key of Solomon sub-plot of my characters?
[/quote]

Yes. I don't see why that would be a problem. You seem to have taken care of things while I was away. ^^ Thanks for volunteering TFF.
Also, Characters Accepted. Really like the background behind Chris. ^^

@ Merciful Idiot
Sure, just let us know asap what changes are made to the effects. So me and TFF can review it.

[b]Name:[/b] Aivea Kaiba
[b]Gender:[/b] Female
[left][b]Age[/b]: 18[/left]
[left][b]Allegiance:[/b] Good[/left]
[left][b]Duelist Type[/b]: Number Holder[/left]
[left][spoiler=Appearance:][img]http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/105/5/8/mmd_take_ia__s_hand_____by_ayaka98-d4w95go.jpg[/img][/left]
[left]^Image Credit goes to ayaka98[/spoiler][/left]
[left][b]Personality[/b]: Just like her father Seto, Aivea is an immensely talented and respected duelist. What separates the two of them though is that, rather giving those around her a bootful of ego all the time like Seto, Aivea will hide just about anything and everything, making it [i]that[/i] much harder to decide whether one has done the right move against her. To her though, Duel Monsters is just a game, and it'll never be more than that, not even if her life or anyone else's is somehow in danger. It's safe to say that Seto taught Aivea not to believe in "such [i]fairy[/i] tales" quite well. However, despite this idealism, Aivea will still try to have fun with each duel, and dueling a worthy opponent seems to help her cause in the matter. Still, Seto's cold and spiteful indifference has obviously rubbed off [i]onto[/i] Aivea to some extent, and it'll show in her mannerisms. Back in her mind though, she feels as though she misses her father, and would give an arm and a leg just to see him again. The same can't be said for her mother Kisara though, as Kisara had mysteriously disappeared about 12 years before Aivea came across this new dimension.[/left]
[left][b]Background[/b]: Unlike Atsuko Fudo, who claims to be Yusei Fudo's grandfather, Aivea Kaiba IS Seto's Kaiba's daughter in the real universe. The thing that's not quite right is that Aivea has gotten a hold of all 3 of Seto's Blue-Eyes White Dragons, a feat that would be impossible in the real universe due to the fact that only 4 Blue-Eyes White Dragons were ever produced, one of which was torn in half. According to Aivea's [i]actual[/i] timeline, Blue-Eyes White Dragons were mass produced a long time ago, and although they didn't come out in such colossal numbers that they were never exclusive, even any commoner could get his or her hands on a Blue-Eyes White Dragon with the right amount of luck. Seto was still the only one that ever seemed to have more than one of such exclusive cards, and he still has 3 of them. But eventually, as Aivea started to get the hang of Duel Monsters, she [i]too[/i] had 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons of her own, which she had gotten because its popularity had died down in favour of Synchro Monsters and Xyz Monsters. At the age of 7, Aivea had learnt enough that she become the youngest ever Duel Monsters Champion.[/left]

[left]Aivea and Seto had flown over to Egypt in the Blue-Eyes White Dragon Jet a week or so after the former's 18 birthday, as Aivea had always wanted to know what happened to Kisara, her mother, as she was supposed to be back 12 years before. The both of them wound up inside a pyramid that had been around since ancient times. Eventually, Aivea managed to find some cards on a pedestal. They were the Hieratic cards. However, the minute she picked them up, the entire pyramid started to crumble, and a rift had opened up beneath the Kaibas' feet, trying as it might to suck the both of them inside. Seto managed to make it out of the pyramid alive, but he didn't have any time to see if Aivea was any less fortunate. She was; she fell right into the epicentre of the rift before she could move a muscle, and now she ended up, ironically, right into the place she could prove herself to the world... the WDC grounds. But first, she set her focus on gathering up all the cards she had that were sent strewn across the ground, unaware that amongst them was a mysterious Number Card... Number 17: Leviathan Dragon.[/left]
[left][b]Deck Type(s)[/b]: Aivea's deck mainly consists of Hieratic cards, but there are other Dragon cards that she uses as well, chief among which are the coveted Blue-Eyes White Dragons and her Number Card.[/left]
[left][b]Number(s) in Your Possession[/b]: Number 17: Leviathan Dragon[/left]

[b]Name[/b]: Rai
[b]Gender[/b]: Male
[b]Age[/b]: 19
[b]Allegiance: [/b]Bad
[b]Duelist Type[/b]: Number Holder
[b]Appearance[/b]: Rai has weird yellow and red standing hair and wears some kind of superhero costume, along with a cloak and armor-like boots, incorporating a lightning theme. In fact this 'costume' is simply a coverup for his mostly-cybernetic body underneath, and it's waterproof too. Water is extremely dangerous to these cybernetic parts when exposed. He has light skin and martin brown eyes too. The sections of his body that are still organic are his entire head, half of his neck, chest section where the heart is, and small portions across the rest of his body, mostly inside, mostly vital organs. Excluding his right arm, which had been completely incinerated by the lightning, and so had to be replaced with an entire robotic arm.
[spoiler=Picture]
[img]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120303203213/yugioh/images/thumb/3/35/Thunder_Spark.jpg/300px-Thunder_Spark.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]
[b]Personality[/b]: Before he was struck by lightning, he had a friendly, cool personality, but afterwards he became impatient and always fastmoving. He never likes to stay around in the same spot and always moves around, like electricity. He also talks very quickly. He's somewhat bitter about his cybernetic implants, but brags about them when he can. He likes to boast and brag a lot to his opponents, and always prefers showing off with flashy cards rather than use an effective card for the situation. He's also obsessed with his Number Card. Yet, when he summons his Number, his personality - strangely enough - becomes[i]saner.[/i] He becomes more cool and collected, patient even, and tends to calculate his opponent's moves. Yet at the same time, he becomes even more overprotective of his Thunder Spark Dragon, and probably would never risk an attack with it if his opponent has a facedown.
[b]Background[/b]: Rai was an ordinary human, leading a normal life, until he was struck by lightning. Of course, instead of giving him magical super powers as in the movies, it burned him. It almost destroyed him. He was rushed to the hospital not far away and given an emergency operation. The operation was a success, but the majority of his body was a crisp. It's a miracle he even survived. He also got a lot of plastic surgery and cybernetic implants in order to bring him back to 'normal' again and be part of the normal community. He no longer resembled his previous self, and sadly enough his brain was also partially damaged.

Before he left the hospital, one of the doctors gave him a blank card, and then voices began to talk to him, asking him to surrender. He did, and the card transformed into an Xyz Monster, a nearly impossible card to summon called Number 91: Thunder Spark Dragon. But it corrupted him, and he became obsessed with it, and he created a deck able to summon it. He formulated strategies around it, he ran about bragging to his opponents about it. Yet, every time he summoned it, instead of becoming more brutal and heartless like others, he became cool and collected, and also kinder in a way. It didn't stop him from electrifying his opponents with the Thunder Spark Dragon however.

When the WDC was announced, he knew he had to join. He always knew that Number 91 couldn't be the only one, since it was a 'Number' afterall. And there was more than one number, there always was. He hopes that he can obtain more Numbers, and possibly with it increase his Thunder Spark Dragon's power.
[b]Deck Type(s)[/b]: Aggro Gadgets
[b]Number(s) in Your Possession[/b]:
[spoiler=Number 91: Thunderspark Dragon (Revamped)]
LIGHT/Thunder/Xyz/Effect/ATK 3400/DEF 3000
5 Level 4 Monsters
Once per turn, you can either detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to destroy 1 card on the field and inflict 500 damage to your opponent, or detach 3 Xyz Materials to destroy all other monsters on the field. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to negate its destruction. While there is no Xyz Material on this card, it can declare an attack twice during the same Battle Phase. When this card is removed from the field, inflict 1000 damage to both players.
[/spoiler]

Is the revamped effect okay? I mean, it does require five Materials after all, so naturally it should have a godlike effect. I wish I could give Thunder Spark a Chaos form but I think Thunder Spark by itself is enough of a powerful force for them. I could make a different character with a CNumber.

Archived