Movie Reviewers and Fans Club, join and get free popcorn, pop and candy bar!!

NeoDemonX

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I've hardly ever seen any of the members in this club.

But I've also been working at a Theatre for 3 years so I may as well join.

Now allow me to go through a list of movies that are running through theatres atm and tell you my opinion of them:

[b]The Dictator:[/b] It was funnier than I'd expect it, plus there's a line nearing the end of the movie that just puts the whole thing in perspective and made me laugh harder than I've ever laughed before. The best part about the line was that it wasn't even a stupid joke or slapstick humor, it was serious, it was truthful, and it was the funniest thing I've ever heard from a movie this year.
[b]Snow White: [/b]There've been movies like this before, honestly, it's not worth your time to go see if you're not into this sort of crap.
[b]Battleship: [/b]Terrible.
[b]Crooked Arrows: [/b]The acting wasn't all that amazing, but the meaning behind the story, and even taking in historical context if you're one of those types made it bearable to watch. Not the best movie, and I wouldn't really suggest it, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant me telling people not to go see it. It's a sports movie with a little social meaning behind it.
[b]MIB3:[/b] The ending was probably the best I've seen in a MIB movie. I'm not a big fan of time travel in any medium, but it was fine. I enjoyed the movie, and did like the cameo of Bill Hader as Andy Warhol (not really a spoiler).
[b]Avengers: [/b]The Hulk stole the show. In all honesty, you may as well have called it Iron Man 3, it was written and directed the same way and Stark was basically the main character. There were some amazing jokes and stuff and the final "Shawarma scene" was the best "secret" scene I've ever seen. If you take the amazing jokes out, however, I actually think that it's just another action movie, another super hero movie, which is a disappointment in my mind. Really all that The Avengers brings is all the characters in one film. That's the only reason anyone went to see it.
[b]Madagascar 3: [/b]NA NA NANA NANA NA NA CIRCUS NA NA NANA NANA NA NA AFRO CIRCUS AFRO CIRCUS AFRO POLKADOT POLKADOT POLKADOT AFRO... somebody kill me now. Yeah, the movie was about as okay as the other 2, but that song was too damn catchy and too damn annoying. (if you haven't seen the movie then you don't really know what I mean, but it was bad)
[b]The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel:[/b] A unique concept plus some of the best actors of the past 50 years plus an amazing script = gold. I wouldn't be surprised if this film ends up at the Oscars. It was that good. It's mainly directed at people in their later years, and those are the types of people you'll see if you go to this film... well, that an Indian teens whose mothers have dragged along. But even with all that, I found it quite entertaining, it's really one of the best films put out this year, maybe the last few.
[b]Prometheus: [/b]<THIS SECTION HAS BEEN REMOVED BECAUSE RIDLEY SCOTT HAS A SNIPER AT AGRO'S HEAD AS WE SPEAK> Yeah, basically, it's the prequel to Alien. I haven't seen it yet, but the majority of people that have seen it have enjoyed it.
[b]What to Expect When You're Expecting: [/b]Spoiler: I'm not going to go see this movie, that is a fact. Sorry, boys.

So yeah, I see a lot of movies. 8'D

Wow. You went ahead to reviewing all of the new movies out there. I'm impressed. The one movie I'd rather not watch though, is Madagascar 3. Why? Because the story ended in the last movie (I think), there is confusion as to how the hell the story could even continue from where it was. And the song was just annoying. True it was catchy, but every time I heard it I just wanted to bash my own head in. In one way or another, I'd rather listen to the first movie's attempt at the song "Move It". At least that song made you want to dance, sort of.

And sorry for not posting in a while. Almost forgot about this club. I might review John Carter though. Give me about a few hours and I'll get it up.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1339564598' post='5956248']
I've hardly ever seen any of the members in this club.

But I've also been working at a Theatre for 3 years so I may as well join.

Now allow me to go through a list of movies that are running through theatres atm and tell you my opinion of them:

[b]The Dictator:[/b] It was funnier than I'd expect it, plus there's a line nearing the end of the movie that just puts the whole thing in perspective and made me laugh harder than I've ever laughed before. The best part about the line was that it wasn't even a stupid joke or slapstick humor, it was serious, it was truthful, and it was the funniest thing I've ever heard from a movie this year.
[b]Snow White: [/b]There've been movies like this before, honestly, it's not worth your time to go see if you're not into this sort of crap.
[b]Battleship: [/b]Terrible.
[b]Crooked Arrows: [/b]The acting wasn't all that amazing, but the meaning behind the story, and even taking in historical context if you're one of those types made it bearable to watch. Not the best movie, and I wouldn't really suggest it, but it wasn't bad enough to warrant me telling people not to go see it. It's a sports movie with a little social meaning behind it.
[b]MIB3:[/b] The ending was probably the best I've seen in a MIB movie. I'm not a big fan of time travel in any medium, but it was fine. I enjoyed the movie, and did like the cameo of Bill Hader as Andy Warhol (not really a spoiler).
[b]Avengers: [/b]The Hulk stole the show. In all honesty, you may as well have called it Iron Man 3, it was written and directed the same way and Stark was basically the main character. There were some amazing jokes and stuff and the final "Shawarma scene" was the best "secret" scene I've ever seen. If you take the amazing jokes out, however, I actually think that it's just another action movie, another super hero movie, which is a disappointment in my mind. Really all that The Avengers brings is all the characters in one film. That's the only reason anyone went to see it.
[b]Madagascar 3: [/b]NA NA NANA NANA NA NA CIRCUS NA NA NANA NANA NA NA AFRO CIRCUS AFRO CIRCUS AFRO POLKADOT POLKADOT POLKADOT AFRO... somebody kill me now. Yeah, the movie was about as okay as the other 2, but that song was too damn catchy and too damn annoying. (if you haven't seen the movie then you don't really know what I mean, but it was bad)
[b]The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel:[/b] A unique concept plus some of the best actors of the past 50 years plus an amazing script = gold. I wouldn't be surprised if this film ends up at the Oscars. It was that good. It's mainly directed at people in their later years, and those are the types of people you'll see if you go to this film... well, that an Indian teens whose mothers have dragged along. But even with all that, I found it quite entertaining, it's really one of the best films put out this year, maybe the last few.
[b]Prometheus: [/b]<THIS SECTION HAS BEEN REMOVED BECAUSE RIDLEY SCOTT HAS A SNIPER AT AGRO'S HEAD AS WE SPEAK> Yeah, basically, it's the prequel to Alien. I haven't seen it yet, but the majority of people that have seen it have enjoyed it.
[b]What to Expect When You're Expecting: [/b]Spoiler: I'm not going to go see this movie, that is a fact. Sorry, boys.

So yeah, I see a lot of movies. 8'D[/quote]
Cool man your like me and go to the movies every weekendand you are in man.

[quote name='Double C4' timestamp='1339583093' post='5956299']
Wow. You went ahead to reviewing all of the new movies out there. I'm impressed. The one movie I'd rather not watch though, is Madagascar 3. Why? Because the story ended in the last movie (I think), there is confusion as to how the hell the story could even continue from where it was. And the song was just annoying. True it was catchy, but every time I heard it I just wanted to bash my own head in. In one way or another, I'd rather listen to the first movie's attempt at the song "Move It". At least that song made you want to dance, sort of.
[/quote]
I agree with you about Madagascar 3.

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1340166830' post='5959688']
No, I just work at a theatre. There's a difference.
[/quote]
How many times did you see the Avengers and also do 20 rates and you go up a rank.
[quote name='James Bond - 007' timestamp='1340333198' post='5960725']
I wish to join in this club!
Also I would like to apologize because I started a topic in Movies and TV Shows which was based on reviewing movies. Lo and behold I didn't know about this...
[/quote]
Thank you for joining.

My fingers are itching for reviewing!
Past week of movie watching.
[spoiler=Fright Night]
Year: 2011
Director: Craig Gillespie
Rating: 5 Stars
Review-
What goes bump in the night? Maybe the hunk next door? Thats what takes place in this 2011 adaptation of the famous movie Fright Night. CGI and Scenery were no doubt the highlight of the movie but what caught my eye were the performances of Colin Farrell and David Tennant who pulled off stunning acts in their respective roles. Great supporting cast and a sweet plot to go along with some trick or treating (or death). The movie itself is a masterpiece and a good addition to the Fright Night family.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V for Vendetta]
Year: 2006
Director: James McTeigue
Review-
Give me liberty or give me death! Something that flows within the astounding plot of V for Vendetta. With its amazing scenery and cinematography and great performances from Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving. I hated in the comic book how it practically shoved anarchism down your throat in the whole thing. However in this movie it appears that V has no political alias which I can live with combining the fact that James McTeigue worked tirelessly to adapt V for Vendetta to modern life. It is a true masterpiece.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=The Patriot]
Year: 2000
Director: Roland Emmerich
Rating: 4 Stars
Review-
I think we can all agree that in The Patriot, Mel Gibson shows what it means to fight for liberty with his breathtaking acting along with a myriad of brilliant support characters and a sheer heart pounding plot by Robert Rodat. Although its historical accuracy is in question I can know doubt say it is a real masterpiece. Aside from the occasional messups in certain antagonist acting preferebly Jason Isaacs who honestly seems to prefer drolling around with a mindless face no matter what scene it is and call it "Acting". A truly recommended movie in my eyes.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Constantine]
Year: 2005
Director: Francis Lawrence
Review-
With a nice support cast, Keanu Reeves is able to act without acting. The plot twists and turns into a gigantic collection of the occult and religious iconography that will enthrall certain nerdy occultists. Director Francis Lawrence keeps it straight to the comic book but with a few minor changes I can live with. Fairly good but Reeves acting tends to ruin the mood.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Legion]
Year: 2010
Director: Scottt Stewart
Review-
Terminator meets the Bible in this mix and mashup movie. Paul Bettany doesn't let us down with the religious roles as he plays the Archangel Michael coming down to save humanity in this apocalyptic thriller. A good cast combined with sharp directing and good emotional buildup can land you anywhere and Scott Stewart knows where to hit the mark on the coffin. No pun intended.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=The Big Boss]
Year: 1971
Director: Lo Wei
Rating: 3 Stars
Review-
You won't expect much from another one of Lo Wei's mediocre movies and this one starring Bruce Lee. This may be the movie that launched Lee's career but not the best of Lee's career thats for sure. The plot is a good idea yet it is hampered by some convoluted elements and really bad death scenes and fight scenes. Bruce Lee's acting is however a shining hope this movie won't be all terrible and he gives a good performance despite Lo Wei's bad directing.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Enter the Dragon]
Year: 1973
Director: Robert Clousse
Review-
What do you get when you mix awesome cinematography, good choreography, a good director and Bruce Lee? You get one hell of a movie! This movie is unmatched in all of Bruce Lee's career and a true way to go out. No pun intended. Great scenery and good supporting cast. And with Jim Kelly sporting that afro how can you go wrong with this movie?[/spoiler]

[quote name='NeoDemonX' timestamp='1340333694' post='5960738']
How many times did you see the Avengers and also do 20 rates and you go up a rank.

Thank you for joining.
[/quote]I saw the Avengers once.

Rock of Ages: The "musical into a movie" thing has been done better, this one's really more of a "buy a DVD" type of film.
That's My Boy: At least it's not Jack and Jill.

[spoiler=Hanna]
Director: Joe Wright
Review-
Saorise Ronan puts the SS in bad*ss when she plays Hanna in this action packed thriller dedicated to the core classics of CIA related films. A truly amazing film by Joe Wright that includes stunning choreography, cinematography, and a plot that just makes me more than happy to see. Filled with action, suspense and thrill, join Hanna as she searches for her father while being hunted down by the CIA as she discovers things about her past she didn't know. A truly mesmerising film were it not for the fact that many supporting characters felt as if giving their all wasn't their job and not to mention a few messups and plot holes. However nothing that will ruin the great taste of a movie that is Hanna.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Punisher: War Zone]
Year: 2008
Director: Lexi Alexander
Rating: 2 Stars
Review-
It's hard to explain why I was able to stand those horrible hours of watching this movie. A grotesque atrocity filled with a "Dine and Dash" plot and mitigated by unappealing gimmicky characters too obvious to be anything memorable. Lexi Alexander tarnishes the good name of the Punisher left by Thomas Jane in the 2004 version. I will credit Alexander however that his stunning choreography kept me glued to the screen despite the movies bland, boring, and rushed plotline and bad acting from many characters. The movie was a bust but it will appeal only to hardcore Punisher fans.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=The Rum Diary]
Director: Bruce Robinson
Review-
Bruce Robinson is back and with a cast no short of memorable in this movie based on the novel by Hunter S. Thompson. A great cast filled with exuberant scenery and detail paid to the culture of Puerto Rico in the fifties. Johnny Depp and Aaron Eckhart were the stars of the show however, giving a performance so great I was left speechless. Although the comedy can be a bit stale at times, it does have its funny moments.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel]
Year: 2012
Director: John Madden
Review-
I never thought I would see the day when Judi Dench and Bill Nighy were in the same movie and I was wrong. This enthralling cast of chracters brings true acting to the table and it is helped to soar with Madden's emotional plot. Emotion is the commotion in this timeless comedy/drama of epic proportions. Honestly there are many things I could say about this movie but one thing that does stand above all is its landscape and imagery which I find virtually stunning. With a breathtaking cast of Penelope Wilton, Maggie Smith, and Tom Wilkinson, nothing can go and has gone wrong in this movie.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=The Big Lebowsky]
Year: 1998
Director(s): Joel and Ethan Coen
Review-
Nothing is short of idiocy and weak will in this glorious adaptation of Raymond Chandlers novel The Big Sleep. Jeff Bridges gives another noteworthy act for the Coen's and doesn't let his audience down with help from John Goodman who is, frankly, amazing in all aspects as he plays a wannabe jewish vietnam war veteran who gets mad at every single mishap in his life. Sam Elliott plays a good narrator whether we want to admit it or not, and the ensemble cast contribute to this mashup of screwups and misunderstandings that lead to Jeff "The Dude" Lebowski being in the sort of trouble he's in. A very good movie in its own right but its comedy falls short of memorable.[/spoiler]

Please Sign Me Up! Here are my reviews of the best movies I've ever seen:

10. [i]Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol[/i]- This is the only spy movie I have ever seen, and I loved it! This was also the first Tom Cruise movie I've seen. Anyway, the director of this movie deserves an Oscar in my opinion because he made an excellent movie. Even though it was full of action, thrills, and some comedy, it had a very touching ending to it. My overall rating is a 9/10.
9. [i]Terminator 2: Judgment Day[/i]- One word: Astounding. This was the first rated-R movie I've ever seen [I'm 13 right now.]. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it, and here it is, one of my favorite movies of all time! Terminator 2 blew my mind with its dazzling special effects, non-stop action, and great acting. Even now, I am still shocked that a movie made in 1991 could have special effects that were comparable to newer movies like [i]Avatar. [/i]My overall rating is a 9.5/10.
8. [i]Tron: Legacy[/i]- Yet another great science fiction film that was and still is underrated. I love Sci-Fi, but this movie just surprised me. I saw the original [i]Tron[/i] two weeks before seeing [i]Tron: Legacy. [/i]There was a big difference between the two films. The newer one, in my opinion, had a better plot, more action, and better visual effects [Of Coarse!]. My overall rating is a 9.5/10.
7. [i]The Hunger Games[/i]- I only read the first 60 pages of the book, and it was very uninteresting. So, I went to see the movie with my family, and loved it. Though, my family gave it an okay rating. I almost cried when poor Rue got spear through her chest. But, I'm starting to get into those dramatic-like movies. [i]The Hunger Games [/i]was an instant classic in my eyes, even though it came out in March. I loved it because it had satisfying actors and acting, action, and enough drama to consider it a drama movie. My overall rating is a 9.5/10.
6. [i]War Horse[/i]- Automatically, this movie gave me new opinions on movies I have already seen. Although, I agree this movie was very predictable and unrealistic, it was the first movie to make me cry. That's one big reason why this movie deserved the six Oscars it was nominated for. Also, the other main reason why I loved this movie is because it was great with scenery and action. My overall rating is a 9.5/10
5.[i]The Avengers[/i]- The action blockbuster that started the summer, this movie was great. It was the only good movie with the Hulk in it. [i]The Avengers [/i]was action-packed and hilarious, following a great plot. I politely disagree with what others have said about this movie. People did not just see it because Hulk and the others were in it, they saw it because everyone knew it would be full of action. My overall rating is a 9.5/10.
4. I[i], Robot[/i]- This is one of the only Will Smith movies I have seen. Alot of people I know say this is Will Smith's worst movie, and it's still great. I thought this was a touching and action-packed movie filled with Will Smith's great acting. I will always treasure this film. My overall rating is a 9.5/10.

Welcome aboard. Anyway, onto my review. [size=1]I really got to stop making promises on when I'm gonna post this.[/size]

[spoiler=John Carter]Now, when I first watched this movie, I was wondering as to how the hell this could even be considered a Disney movie. And then I remembered questioning the Pirates of the Carribean movies as well, and I thought I should just deal that Disney made this or I'm gonna end up having a never-ending grudge towards it (Prince of Persia, however, is unacceptable as a Disney movie in my eyes). Regardless, this was a great movie nonetheless, showing how well Disney chooses its directors, writers, producers and actors with the right ideas that can mix harmoniously into a masterpiece (At least 95% of it that is). I haven't looked at who directed this movie, or who the writers are, or even any of the staff, but I know they pulled everything together nicely to go all out with this amazing flick.

The story itself is pretty unique in the sense of a Disney flick. The speculation about what life was like on Mars has always had astronomists and scientists alike question what used to be out there. The concept about the 1880s (I forgot the exact year) being the time of which Mars still had vast life all over the planet brought a lot of interesting things into the story. James Franco as John Carter was a bit hard to grasp (As I don't like seeing certain actors and actresses appear in other movies I would even consider good without them), but he pulled off the character very well. The personality is the only thing I can't really seem to grasp. The only thing I got out of him was that he was a somewhat silent marauder who can get what he wants through physical force, at least in the beginning of the movie.

The movie itself was directed very well, and the writing was near, I repeat, NEAR perfect. There were some moments that I was a bit confused on, but the cast was a lovely bunch especially for this action-packed flick, which had a decent amount. If you find this movie, I guarantee it, as anyone who loves action and amazing acting by James Franco (Also known as Harry from the Spider-Man films before the reboot) will enjoy what is something greatly unexpected by going above and beyond the standards of the movie industry, which has been deteriorating in some movies. Either way, I recommend buying the DVD. It's a great movie that also makes you ask, did John Carter truly return to Mars and live his new life in royalty once more? That'll be up to our imagination, unless they foolishly decide to make a sequel, which I'd say would be a bad idea.

Overall Verdict: [b]9-9.5/10[/b][/spoiler]

I'll also be reviewing some other movies eventually, so look out for that.

Four more reviews hot and ready.
[spoiler=Fahrenheit 911]
Year: 2004
Director: Michael Moore
Review-
How many George W. Bush's does it take to screw in a light bulb? Well you're going to have to start a war over the issue. Michael Moore takes a brilliantly big jab straight into the Bush Administration at the height of the Iraq War and shows that not everything is as simple as the media plays it. His short-fire directing and astounding patience among the wholemovie make it one for the money. However one must take 10% of all facts given at a grain of salt. To conspiracy theorist haters who say conspiracies never have evidence, well here ya go![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Dr. No]
Year: 1962
Director: Terence Young
Rating: 3 Stars
Review-
The first film in the EON-007 movie series, Sean Connery stars as James Bond in this slightly thrilling action movie. It's safe to say that Terence Young can put out the characterization but flops when it comes to noteworthy dialogue and a steady plot. The acting should be hailed at a time when speed-lining was still popular albeit failing. Not just that but Sean Connery plays a Bond that is completely different than the Bond in Ian Fleming's books. Nevertheless this new character is nonetheless great in his own individual way.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rush Hour]
Year: 1998
Director: Brett Ratner
Review-
The first film in the Rush Hour series follows one of the oddest pairings of the 90's movie era, Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. However this pairing turns out to be fruitful as Brett Ratner combines two very different worlds and makes them go to war with each other. Never mind the thrilling stunts all performed by the great Jackie Chan as always, lets take a look at the almost hilarious dialogue and tremendous acting given by Chris Tucker and a funny yet simple plot given by Brett Ratner. Although it can be predictable at times, it never fails to make me smile.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Real Steel]
Director: Shawn Levy
Review-
You don't get anything better with Director Shawn Levy who directed excellent films like the NIght at the Museum series and the Pink Panther 1. And not to mention astounding acting from Hugh Jackman, Dakota Goyo, and Evangeline Lilly. I should also give credit to an great plot with an amazing supporting cast of Anthony Mackie, Kevin Durand, and Karl Yunde. This movie not only thrills but it gives one hell of an emotional buildup.[/spoiler]

[color=#ff0000][b]Awesome! So, first review of mine [/b][/color]

[spoiler='Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter ']
[color=#ff0000][b]Year: 2012[/b][/color]
[color=#ff0000][b]Directed by Timur Bekmambetov(Wanted, The Darkest Hour)[/b][/color]
[color=#ff0000][b]Produced by Timur Bekmambetov, Tim Burton, Jim Lemley[/b][/color]
[color=#ff0000][b]Screenplay by Seth Grahame-Smith[/b][/color]
[color=#ff0000][b]Starring: Benjamin Walker, Dominic Cooper, Anthony Mackie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead[/b][/color]

[color=#ff0000][b]Anyone expecting a straightforward and grounded take on the life of Honest Abe should pass on the film (and look to Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln starring Daniel Day-Lewis), as Vampire Hunter is full of one-note characters, sometimes laughable attempts at tying the supernatural plot to real life events, and several over-the-top set pieces. That said, the mashup film is exactly what viewers should have expected from a Bekmambetov film about an axe-wielding President who fights to free America from slavery and undead bloodsuckers, alike. [/b][/color]

[color=#ff0000][b]For anyone unfamiliar with the alternate historical account depicted in Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, the film (and source material novel) are centered around Abe’s secret diary, which includes the account of both his political – as well as supernatural – encounters, starting with the death of his mother at the hands of Jack Barts (Marton Csokas), a local businessman/vampire. After years of patiently waiting, Lincoln (Benjamin Walker) sets out to avenge his mother and encounters Henry Sturgess (Dominic Cooper) – who trains Abe in the art of vampire hunting and impressively choreographed axe wielding. Despite Henry’s instruction to avoid making friends or starting a family, Lincoln befriends a local shopkeep, Joshua Speed (Jimmi Simpson), courts Mary Todd (Mary Elizabeth Winstead), and reconnects with childhood friend/free African-American, William Johnson (Anthony Mackie). Though, when vampire chief Adam (Rufus Sewell) forms an alliance with confederate separatists, Lincoln’s loved ones (as well as the country itself) are threatened – forcing the 16th President to take action in and outside of the political arena. [/b][/color]

[color=#ff0000][b]As mentioned, the basic plot of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter can be pretty convoluted – especially in its attempts to marry historical events and real-life personalities with supernatural elements. At times, history and fiction are stitched together in a way that makes both sides of the mashup more interesting, such as Lincoln’s time spent running a general store and a flatboat trip to New Orleans; unfortunately, other moments are too on-the-nose – relying on thin (and overly convenient) supernatural explanations for real events. Similarly, characters are exceptionally one-dimensional – which is, by far, the biggest missed opportunity in the entire film (considering the story utilizes a number of historical figures within a supernatural conspiracy plot). [/b][/color]

[color=#ff0000][b]While audiences may be surprised to find that one of history’s most iconic leaders (who, in this case, also happens to fight vampires at night) isn’t all that interesting, it’s hardly the fault of actor Benjamin Walker – who manages to keep what could have otherwise been a goofy portrayal of the 16th President (both old and young) grounded and believable during even the most outrageous monster slaying escapades. Both Mary Elizabeth Winstead’s Mary Todd and Anthony Mackie’s William Johnson are equally competent but underutilized – mostly reacting to increasingly crazy revelations without room to actually flesh out their characters as anything more than Lincoln’s loved ones. However, the biggest character misfire is the flat-out boring implementation of the primary vampires – the aforementioned Adam, and his lady Vadoma (Erin Wasson), who are nothing more than soulless faces in a convoluted attempt by Grahame-Smith to marry a vampire rebellion with anti-abolitionist confederates. [/b][/color]

[color=#ff0000][b]T[/b][/color][b]hose expecting a gritty “Lincoln kills vampires” character drama will likely be disappointed by Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter; although, as a tongue-in-cheek action mashup, Grahame-Smith and Bekmambetov have, for the most part, delivered an entertaining (albeit campy) historical retelling. The film doesn’t quite deliver a fully-formed combination of history and supernatural horror (if that’s even possible), but for anyone who can accept the experience on its own terms, there are plenty of entertaining moments of vampire hunting to keep your appetite for blood a fun time at the theater sated. [/b]

[color=#ff0000][b]2.5/5[/b][/color][/spoiler]

Here are my top 3 Movies:

3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2- This movie just blew my mind with its spectacular action sequences, drama, and the best ending to any of the eight films. I've got to hand it to director David Yates for making this brilliant masterpiece. Great actors and actresses such as Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson were great in the Harry Potter franchise. I really am going to miss this series... My overall rating is a 10/10.

2. Inception- This was the first Leonardo DiCaprio movie I've seen, and Inception gives me proof that he is a great actor in all aspects. Not just acting, but brilliant visual effects and a not-so-confusing plot makes this movie off-the-charts. I loved it when the buildings tilted, and the ending was great. In all due respects, this movie's plot was not that complicated. Everyone that I know that saw this film said it was very confusing, adults and teens. My overall rating is a 10/10.

1. Forrest Gump- "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what ya gonna get." That is my favorite movie line of all time. Everyone at my school hates Tom Hanks. I strongly disagree. He is a great actor in this film. I almost cried because this movie was so good. I love how this movie messed with historical events. I believe there is nothing else to say, this is my favorite film of all time. My overall rating is a 10/10.

5 new reviews!
[spoiler=Sicko]
Year: 2007
Director: Michael Moore
Review-
It's obvious that one of the greatest things about Michael Moore is that he is able to present such emotion in his movies without doing very much. Sicko is one of the greatest insights into the declining American Health Care System. As Michael Moore delves into why America's Health Care system sucks, he has people tell their horror stories to the world.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=From Russia With Love]
Year: 1963
Director: Terence Young
Review-
Although Dr. No was not one of Young's greatest, this movie sure is! From Russia With Love brings drama and thrills to the forefront as we follow James Bond in one of his most deadly adventures yet. Emotion spills onto the big screen as violence is another passing in this thrilling tale from one of Ian Flemings most famous novels.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=In Time]
Director: Andrew Miccol
Review-
In Time has got to be one of the most thought provoking movies yet. In an area where time is the currency, people must survive in ghettos to keep the rich popular. Justin Timberlake and Amanda Seyfried make one of hollywoods greatest movie couples. This thrilling and adventurous tale is only helped by extremely excellent directing and pace. Not to mention Justin Timberlake's almost mezmerising acting.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rush Hour 2]
Year: 2001
Review-
Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker return in Rush Hour 2 which once again pits great stuntwork and action with cheap gags and outdated humor. Its hard to tell whos acting is better when it is all excellent. However the cream of the crop is the storyline which truly captures my attention, that and the great directing by Ratner.[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rush Hour 3]
Year: 2007
Review-
It never gets old does it? Brett Ratner adds another film to the Rush Hour series. What I like about this movie over the other's is its sheer emotional content and great storyline. However it is hurt by lackluster CGI and scenery effects which fail to capture the atmosphere of Paris. All in All, a worthy sequel.[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived