[spoiler=Retrained Cards]
Gravity Blaster
Spell/Equip
Equip only to a LIGHT Machine-Type monster. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You can have the equipped monster gain 400 ATK. If the equipped monster battles, the effect(s) of the opponent's monster is negated.

Space Gate
Trap/Counter
If you control a face-up "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster when your opponent activates a Trap Card: Negate that activation and destroy that card.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=New Effect Monsters]
Prototype Explorer
LIGHT/Machine/Tuner/Level 3/600 ATK/300 DEF
When this monster is Normal Summoned: You may add 1 Level 5 or higher Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. This monster cannot be used as an Xyz Material, except for the Xyz Summon of a "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster.

Antimatter Booster
DARK/Machine/Level 6/900 ATK/300 DEF
During your Main Phase, if you control a Machine-Type Tuner monster with 1000 or less ATK: You may Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can only activate the effect of an "Antimatter Booster" once per turn. When this monster is used as an Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster, or as a Synchro Material Monster for the Synchro Summon of a LIGHT Machine-Type Synchro Monster: You may target 1 card on the field; Banish that target.

Ramjet Scoopship
FIRE/Machine/Level 9/0 ATK/0 DEF
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by controlling no cards, or by its own effect, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. You cannot activate any other cards or effects, or Summon any other monsters during the turn you Special Summon this card from your hand. When this monster battles a Level 4 or higher monster, or an Xyz Monster: Destroy that monster at the start of the Damage Step (without damage calculation). If you use this effect; Banish this monster during the End Step. During your Standby Phase, if this card has been banished by its own effect: Special Summon this monster in face-up Attack Position.

Nanooze
WATER/Machine/Level 1/0 ATK/0 DEF
If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). While this card is face-up on the field, it cannot be Tributed, except for the Tribute Summon of a Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK, and cannot be used as an Xyz Material or a Synchro Material Monster.

Spaceplane
WIND/Machine/Level 4/1000 ATK/1200 DEF
During the turn this card is Normal Summoned, if you control another face-up Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK, you can Normal Summon a Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK in addition to your Normal Summon or Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.) This card can be treated as 2 Tributes for the Tribute Summon of a Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK.

Island Three
LIGHT/Machine/Level 9/500 ATK/3000 DEF
When this monster is Tribute Summoned using 3 Tributes: Add 1 card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. When this monster is used as an Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of a "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster: Draw 1 card.

Bernal Sphere
LIGHT/Machine/Level 9/1000 ATK/1000 DEF
Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. When the only monsters in your Graveyard are a Machine-Type monster(s), and you take damage from a card your opponent controls: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in face-up Attack Position. When this monster is Special Summoned this way: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the amount of damage you took

Generation Ship
LIGHT/Machine/Level 3/1000 ATK/2000 DEF
When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Generation Ship" from your hand or Deck in face-up Defense Position. Increase the DEF of this monster by 500 and the Level of this monster by 3 for each "Generation Ship" in your Graveyard. You can only control 1 face-up "Generation Ship". This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=New Extra Deck Monsters]
Alcubierre Warpship
LIGHT/Machine/Synchro/Level 9/2000 ATK/2500 DEF
1 Machine-Type Tuner with 1000 or less ATK + 1 Machine-Type non-Tuner with 1000 or less ATK
Must be Synchro Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You may target 1 Level 8 or higher Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK in your Deck or Graveyard; Special Summon that target.

Canopy Star - Alderson Disk
LIGHT/Machine/Xyz/Rank 9/3600 ATK/3400 DEF
3 Level 9 monsters
While this card has Xyz Material, halve the ATK and DEF of all face-up monsters with a Level. When this monster is changed into Defense Position while it has no Xyz Material: Target 3 monsters in your Graveyard; attach those targets to this card as Xyz Materials. Once per turn, during your Main Phase: You may detach any number of Xyz Materials from this card; This card gains the following effects based on the number of Xyz Materials detached by this card's effect, until the End Phase:
● 1+: If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.
● 2+: Double the Battle Damage this monster inflicts to your opponent.
● 3+: When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, it can attack once again, but this monster cannot attack your opponent's Life Points directly.

Canopy Star - Klemperer Rosette
LIGHT/Machine/Xyz/Rank 9/3300 ATK/2500 DEF
2 Level 9 monsters
If this card attacks or is attacked with Xyz Material, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the end of the Damage Step. When a Spell/Trap Card is activated by your opponent: You can activate one of the following effects:
● Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and destroy that card.
● If this monster has no Xyz Material: Target 2 monsters in your Graveyard; attach those targets to this card as Xyz Materials.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=New Spell Cards]
Final Frontier
Spell/Field
Non-Machine-Type monsters on the field cannot attack during the same turn that they are Summoned. Once per turn, during either player's turn, if your opponent activates the effect of a Spell/Trap/Monster card effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from a "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster you control; Negate the activation and banish the card.

Kardashev Scale
Spell/Normal
Activate only if you control a "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster; Draw 2 cards.

Von Neumann Probes
Spell/Normal
Discard 1 Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK from your hand; Special Summon 3 "Von Neumann Tokens" (Machine-Type/LIGHT/Level 2/1000 ATK/500 DEF) onto your side of the field. "Von Neumann Tokens" cannot be Tributed except for the Tribute Summon of a Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK, and cannot be used as Synchro Material Monsters.

Orbital Elevator
Spell/Normal
Send 2 Machine-Type monsters with 1000 or less ATK from your Deck to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK with the same name as one of the sent monsters from your Deck, but it cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, and it is banished during the End Phase.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=New Trap Cards]
High Count
Trap/Continuous
Target 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls; As long as this card is face-up on the field; The target's ATK is treated as 3000, has its effects negated, must attack each turn, if able, and you choose the target of its attacks.

Linear Accelerator
Trap/Continuous
After activation, Special Summon this card onto either player's field; it is treated as an Effect Monster Card (Machine-Type/DARK/Level 9/ATK 3000/DEF 1000). (This card is still treated as a Trap Card.) If your opponent controls a "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster, this card cannot attack, change battle positions, or be destroyed by card effects.

Utility Arm
Trap/Normal
Activate one of the following effects:
● Target 1 Machine-Type monster with 1000 or less ATK in your Graveyard; Special Summon the target.
● If you control a "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster: Target 1 monster in either player's Graveyard; Attach it to a "Canopy Star" Xyz Monster you control as an Xyz Material.
[/spoiler]

More coming soon!
Discuss.

Well, I'm commenting.

First of all, I like that you've made them all different attiributes.

Pro Explorer and Antimatter Booster I was thinking god above to start before I did the maths. A searcher is key but making it a tuner.

Ramjet = Top deck shenanigans. Great name too. :D

Spaceplane seems to me to be having it a bit both ways. It needs you to already control a machine to gain the normal summon of a third monster, but then that kinda defies the point of it having the two tribute effect if you've already got two monsters.

Island Three.... any card? Any at all? That's how bad tributing has become. Now I see why for Spaceplane (you just about worded the effect so it works). Makes up for minuses for tributes, more than so.

But seriously... any?

Extra Deck: Hmm, not usually a fan of archtypes that use 3+ methods of summoning bosses such as this (Advance, Synchro, Xyz). At least you weren't a total noob and give it Rituals and Fusions too. :lol: But since its not an archtype and they all work well together, I'll make an exception. Synchro makes me think of potential Gustav fuel for some reason.

Alderton for that much effort I'd have liked a 'stops traps like Mirror Force for the turn' style effect.

Great names for these cards btw.

Spells and Traps: Final Frontier, great name. Warriors should immediately be killed if summoned due to being unable to breath (Yuma...)

Orbital needs a level restriction really. Traps be trolling :)

[quote name='Verz Bahamut' timestamp='1338216412' post='5948217']
Well, I'm commenting.

First of all, I like that you've made them all different attiributes.

Pro Explorer and Antimatter Booster I was thinking god above to start before I did the maths. A searcher is key but making it a tuner.

Ramjet = Top deck shenanigans. Great name too. :D

Spaceplane seems to me to be having it a bit both ways. It needs you to already control a machine to gain the normal summon of a third monster, but then that kinda defies the point of it having the two tribute effect if you've already got two monsters.

Island Three.... any card? Any at all? That's how bad tributing has become. Now I see why for Spaceplane (you just about worded the effect so it works). Makes up for minuses for tributes, more than so.

But seriously... any?

Extra Deck: Hmm, not usually a fan of archtypes that use 3+ methods of summoning bosses such as this (Advance, Synchro, Xyz). At least you weren't a total noob and give it Rituals and Fusions too. :lol: But since its not an archtype and they all work well together, I'll make an exception. Synchro makes me think of potential Gustav fuel for some reason.

Alderton for that much effort I'd have liked a 'stops traps like Mirror Force for the turn' style effect.

Great names for these cards btw.

Spells and Traps: Final Frontier, great name. Warriors should immediately be killed if summoned due to being unable to breath (Yuma...)

Orbital needs a level restriction really. Traps be trolling :)
[/quote]
Thanks so much for commenting!

Nanooze and Spaceplane are supposed to work together to get out Island Three, who then pulls Machine Dupe and clones himself to get out any of the Canopy Stars. And yes, Tributing has gotten that bad. Mainly because no one really uses it anymore. I honestly think 3 Tributes for a 500 ATK monster is worth the ability to pull any card you want from your Deck or Graveyard.

I like to think of Ramjet as a cousin of Rocket Arrow Express. Only my Scoopship can actually be used for something, and it doesn't prevent you from setting things.

Alcubierre Warpship (the aforementioned Synchro) isn't really a boss. He is supposed to be an alternative to Tannhauser Gate if you have Prototype Explorer. Synchro him, then bring out, say, Island Three, for Canopy Star pulling. And if you (obviously) used Antimatter Booster, then that's one less minus for you.

For the Canopy Stars, I thought of the idea that each one specializes in a different type of control. Dyson Sphere locks down attacks, but bypasses your opponent's monsters, Alderson Disk deals a metric crapload of damage in an en masse attack, and Klemperer Rosette stops your opponent's Spells and Traps. I mean, if you're going for a Rank 9, you might as well get something worth the minuses, right?

Final Frontier, if it was in the anime, would be set on the outside of a space station orbiting Earth. The duelists would have astronaut suits, and all of the monsters would be summoned with special breathing apparati (except the Machines), armor pieces, and thruster units, similar to how Dream Pitch turned all of the monsters into soccer players. However, the Machines would be able to adapt to their new environment better than the other monsters, which is why all non-Machines get summoning sickness: They are struggling to figure out how to battle in space, and use their new gear. So, in fact, Warriors would be able to breathe. Sorry, dude.

Looking back, I think you're right. Orbital Elevator is mainly there to support Generation Ship anyways. I'll downgrade it to a Normal Spell and make it so you have to send Machine-Types with 1000 or less ATK.

Also, going back to the retrained cards, Pathfinder is supposed to replicate the Cosmic Frontier effect, while Gravity Blaster can be used for much more than Dyson Sphere, such as being equipped to the Gradius spaceships, and Space Gate can now be used for any Canopy Star, so your Mirror Force problem with Alderson is somewhat fixed.

Finally, for the names, they're all based on sci-fi concepts, soft or hard (the soft sci-fi ideas taken from popular sci-fi franchises). Dyson Sphere made me excited when it first was announced, because I love megastructures in science fiction, with the Dyson Sphere being my favorite. And it turned out to be a pretty awesome card, so I was compelled to express my love for the majesty of space and the wonder of space exploration with these cards.

Besides, you have to admit that Dyson Sphere honestly needs the support.

Anyways, I do have some more cards planned, including 2 additional Canopy Stars. I'll put them up in a couple of days.

As someone with an RP with you I should say something right lol?

Well I love the set in general seems great.
I too am skeptical about Zexal archetypes being able to synchro. It seems almost out of place almost going against the grain kind of.
The different attribute is fine but I don't know if they needed Gozen Match to be considered a weakness lol.

Individually:

Nanooze: Why does it need such a dense restriction to follow up on a beautiful cyber dragon ability that could be layered with so many overlay shenanigans. I mean can't be used as synchro material is good because who needs to make formula an easier target but I rather like the whole concept of being able to Xyz or tribute for a monarch maybe.

Island Three: I understand your feeling that adding any card to the hand is not extreme, my real concern is lets say you summoned him what can you add to your hand that would make it easier to get another level 9 on the field. Other than Monster reborn I guess.

Warship: It reads like a two sac monster. With the requiring to monsters to summon it and it really only having an effect that allows you to grab something to overlay with it. Which I kind of think is interesting because the level 3 and 6 you have could do the same thing with Tauhaser (yeah pretty sure I spelled that wrong lol) gate. And that way there are less spaces for countering.

Rosette: I takes dumps on Laggia all day. Yeah it can't negate summoning but who cares when a hand full of monster cards (that can kill it with a monster effect because its pretty hard to get over 3300) can even get this off the field and its perpetual so yeah it think its pretty unbalanced.

Elevator: A controlled double mill with an additional special summoning from the deck. That's over the top even if you are going for small big machines I mean it give you a free card trooper.

Accelerator: Is "Sky Canopy" different from "Canopy Star"?

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1338698005' post='5951355']
As someone with an RP with you I should say something right lol?

Well I love the set in general seems great.
I too am skeptical about Zexal archetypes being able to synchro. It seems almost out of place almost going against the grain kind of.
The different attribute is fine but I don't know if they needed Gozen Match to be considered a weakness lol.

Individually:

Nanooze: Why does it need such a dense restriction to follow up on a beautiful cyber dragon ability that could be layered with so many overlay shenanigans. I mean can't be used as synchro material is good because who needs to make formula an easier target but I rather like the whole concept of being able to Xyz or tribute for a monarch maybe.

Island Three: I understand your feeling that adding any card to the hand is not extreme, my real concern is lets say you summoned him what can you add to your hand that would make it easier to get another level 9 on the field. Other than Monster reborn I guess.

Warship: It reads like a two sac monster. With the requiring to monsters to summon it and it really only having an effect that allows you to grab something to overlay with it. Which I kind of think is interesting because the level 3 and 6 you have could do the same thing with Tauhaser (yeah pretty sure I spelled that wrong lol) gate. And that way there are less spaces for countering.

Rosette: I takes dumps on Laggia all day. Yeah it can't negate summoning but who cares when a hand full of monster cards (that can kill it with a monster effect because its pretty hard to get over 3300) can even get this off the field and its perpetual so yeah it think its pretty unbalanced.

Elevator: A controlled double mill with an additional special summoning from the deck. That's over the top even if you are going for small big machines I mean it give you a free card trooper.

Accelerator: Is "Sky Canopy" different from "Canopy Star"?
[/quote]
TwT
You have NO idea how happy I am to have you comment!
Thank you so much!
Anyways, onto your comments.
For Nanooze, he's supposed to be a quick Tribute card. I guess I need to give him some more cards for him to work with.
The perfect card for use with Island Three is Machine Duplication. He has 500 ATK, so he fits the bill. Just add a Machine Dupe to your hand to get out 2 more so yo can spam with Alderson Disk.
A slight correction. It's actually "Warpship". But semantics aside, Warpship is an alternative to Tannhauser Gate, just in case you don't have one to use on Prototype Explorer and Antimatter Booster. And you still get the +1 from Booster anyways.
I have been toying with the idea of a Summoning counterpart for Klemperer Rosette, and your reaction has solidified those plans! ^.^ Thanks!
For Orbital Elevator, I do admit I am a fan of Lavals, and a HUGE fan of controlled milling. I mainly designed it for Generation Ship shenanigans, but I guess I need to figure out how to modify it. Any ideas?
And finally, thanks for the text save on Linear Accelerator! Just edited it to fix that little error.
I will be adding a few new cards very soon, including the aforementioned super-Laggia and a Gorz equivalent.
And, again, that meant a lot to me. Thanks a lot.

Upon further reading I realize with sets like this you actually get cards like Machine dup and Inferno Reckless Summon on the banned list lol

Elevator: If you want to it to be for you generation ship shenanigans then you can have a requirement that two monsters sent to the graveyard have to have the same name and you get two special summon a weak machine with the same attribute and level. That way you don't mill two generation ships and get a card trooper.

Rosette is super laggia in my opinion lol I mean its almost as easy to get out but can stay on the field a lot longer lol Is stares at the line of brokenness and laughs (if giant sun eating space colonies laugh that is lol)

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1338833680' post='5951979']
Upon further reading I realize with sets like this you actually get cards like Machine dup and Inferno Reckless Summon on the banned list lol

Elevator: If you want to it to be for you generation ship shenanigans then you can have a requirement that two monsters sent to the graveyard have to have the same name and you get two special summon a weak machine with the same attribute and level. That way you don't mill two generation ships and get a card trooper.

Rosette is super laggia in my opinion lol I mean its almost as easy to get out but can stay on the field a lot longer lol Is stares at the line of brokenness and laughs (if giant sun eating space colonies laugh that is lol)
[/quote]
I'll take those ideas into consideration.
Anything else you want to add?
Also, I edited Orbital Elevator and added a new monster, Bernal Sphere.

Archived