Field Spells......?

n8thegr8

I was bored and made these, and I was just looking at them, and I'm actually kind of pleased with them. Sorry oif there's still some old OCG... haven't really gotten used to the new one.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/cr7eC.jpg[/img]

Once during each player's turn, each player selects one monster they control. Only the selected monsters can battle until the End Phase of the turn. When a monster is destroyed by battle: Both players select one monster they control and switch control of the selected monsters. The monsters must then battle. If a player does not control a monster, inflict damage to the player equal to the other player's selected monster's ATK and end the Battle Phase.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/BKDbF.jpg[/img]

All WATER monstes gain ATK equal to the total number of face-up WATER monsters on the field X200. Once per turn, you can place one Sea Counter on one WATER monster you control. A monster with a Sea Counter cannot be destroyed by opponent's card effects. When this card is destroyed and sent from the field to the Graveyard, destroy all Sea Counters on the field and inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the total number of Sea Counters destroyed X400.

Love the concept for the first one, with two monsters rotating to fight until one side prevails, kind of like an actual arena or colosseum battle that keeps pouring in new fighters.

Still, I can't help but get the feeling that the second is a bit too OP-ed.
The "can't be destroyed by card effects" part, coupled with the offensive boost and burn, is a bit much.
Maybe the field spell can link up with the upcoming "Atlantean" archetype in some way, instead, helping to fill the field with level 3 or lower WATER monsters. You have the "Town" name, so it fits nicely.

Also, when you word a card to clear counters from the field, choose "remove" instead of "destroy."

Looks alright otherwise, though. Good show.

I love the first card I wish it were real and in my possession.

The second card however is broken only because granting WATER creatures immunity now is totally overpowering. They are getting so much support it is ridiculous and it doesn't say when you have to put the sea counter on so you can go synchro crazy and then give your brio immunity for ever. That in itself is broken maybe if the counters stopped them from being targeted I could see that being a slightly better choice.

Archived