Magical Instructor, Cisty

[center][img]http://ygo-news.com/Sets/ABYR/023.jpg[/img][/center]

[center][IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2uqhx95.png[/IMG][/center]

[center]I'm... not 100% clear on End Phase timing, but I think it can dodge Veiler. Would someone like to tell me?[/center]

[quote name='Neo Galaxy' timestamp='1340075444' post='5959027']
Wouldn't it work the same way as Zenmaines? I'm not really sure, just the wording seems to be somewhat similar.

I have 0 Magical experience, but it looks amazing.
[/quote]
It's an optional Trigger as opposed to a mandatory trigger. Only trigger needed is that it happened in the turn and that it's the EP, unlike the mandatory Zenmaines, but still unsure. You can wait out Veiler with this, if I'm thinking right.

[quote name='werewolfjedi' timestamp='1340387974' post='5961013']
it's a more powerful darksoul that also happens to be neutered so we can't spam abuse it.. very nicely done.
[/quote]
A more accurate comparison is Card Car D and you're mad if you think something that searches exactly what you want in exchange for a Normal Summon is good design.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1340075201' post='5959024']
I'm... not 100% clear on End Phase timing, but I think it can dodge Veiler. Would someone like to tell me?[/quote]

The timing is During the End Phase. In similar situations to other Veiler + End Phase effects (such as Lightsworns and Spirits), Effect Veiler will be negating the monster until the opponent chooses to end it during the End Phase.

Unlike Lightsworns and Spirits, Cisty's effect is optional. Since Veiler is mandatory while Cisty is optional, you are not forced to activate Cisty while negated by Veiler. If you have no mandatory effects to activate and you pass priority, then the opponent will be forced to resolve Veiler and end the negation. When that happens, you can then choose to activate Cisty without any issues.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1340389266' post='5961027']
A more accurate comparison is Card Car D and you're mad if you think something that searches exactly what you want in exchange for a Normal Summon is good design.
[/quote]
your assuming I normal summoned this, and outside of the archtype they have signifigant tribal special, and the set has a few of it's own as well. I won't ever have to pay my normal for this.

[quote name='darkwolf777' timestamp='1340401564' post='5961111']
The timing is During the End Phase. In similar situations to other Veiler + End Phase effects (such as Lightsworns and Spirits), Effect Veiler will be negating the monster until the opponent chooses to end it during the End Phase.

Unlike Lightsworns and Spirits, Cisty's effect is optional. Since Veiler is mandatory while Cisty is optional, you are not forced to activate Cisty while negated by Veiler. If you have no mandatory effects to activate and you pass priority, then the opponent will be forced to resolve Veiler and end the negation. When that happens, you can then choose to activate Cisty without any issues.
[/quote]
Thank you very much.

[quote name='werewolfjedi' timestamp='1340437618' post='5961326']
your assuming I normal summoned this, and outside of the archtype they have signifigant tribal special, and the set has a few of it's own as well. I won't ever have to pay my normal for this.
[/quote]
So you're going to compare a +1 that works like a less restricted but less generic Card Car thing to an Arcehtype-only Sangan/Witch knockoff thing... Simply because Card Car requires a Normal Summon and can't be SSd. 11/10 logic.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1340439682' post='5961342']
Thank you very much.

So you're going to compare a +1 that works like a less restricted but less generic Card Car thing to an Arcehtype-only Sangan/Witch knockoff thing... Simply because Card Car requires a Normal Summon and can't be SSd. 11/10 logic.
[/quote]
hence why I sighted darksoul, not card car D

Archived