Cullinary Amazingness (Now with recipe list!!)

Zimiri of the Muse

I love to cook, as one of my main passtimes and hobbies . I pose a few questions. Do you like to cook? What do you like to cook? Will you share any recipes?
[spoiler= Recipe List]
[spoiler= baking]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler= entree]
[spoiler= taco salad with cold chicken]
Lettuce (favorite is romain and butter)
Grilled chicken (or already cooked rotissary chicken from a local store)
Hardboiled eggs (however many)
Bacon
A block of cheddar cheest, cut into cubes.
Tortillas. (Take the remaining bacon grease and keep it hot. Cut three tortillas into several pieces, chip sized. Drop them a few at a time into the greese and let them fry. Dont let them touch)
Assemble in bowl, add tortillas last.
Total prep time: 30 minutes [/spoiler]

[spoiler= Herman's Stew]
make mash potatoes

make your gravy (white cournty or brown i perfer brown and would suggest brown for this but do what you want)

when both mash potatoes and gravy are done then combine them then add 1 cup of cheese (you can pick you own cheese i went with american i suggest american but again BE BOLD)

1/3 gravy 1/3 mash potatoes 1/3 cheese

while that cooking or in the procees of making

2 cups of tomato sauce (ragu / prego works as a sub)

1/2 lb of stew meat and 1/2 lb of stew veg add these 3 in a pot cook well when done combine with the cheesy and mashy potatoes that was combine with gravy cook for like 3 more mins add your seasoning
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler= sides]
[spoiler= melon bowl]
cantelope
assorted fruit
*Cut the cantelope in half, then hollow the seeds out. Use a melon baller and scoop the melon into a bowl, leaving about 1/4 of an inch of melon left. then fill the empty space with balled catelope and other fruit. I use balled watermelon, strawberries, grapes, and pineapples* [/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[quote name='Toot.' timestamp='1340505636' post='5961679']
I don't really cook, but I love to bake. Baking is my passion. I go to school for it. I love making Carrot Cake from scratch... its my specialty and it always turns out delicious. :3
[/quote]
:DDDD I love carrot cake, and from scrach is best. Just got done baking a 9x13 inch dark chocolate cake, and three giant cupcakes with it. My dad hates chocolate and had two slices of cake.
[quote name='James Bond - 007' timestamp='1340506021' post='5961680']
I have the culinary ability of Aki from Aki no Sora.
Anything I make is a weapon of the US Government or should be.
[/quote] never seen Aki no Sora

[quote name='Zimiri of the Muse' timestamp='1340508049' post='5961693']
:DDDD I love carrot cake, and from scrach is best. Just got done baking a 9x13 inch dark chocolate cake, and three giant cupcakes with it. My dad hates chocolate and had two slices of cake.
never seen Aki no Sora
[/quote]
NEVER.
WATCH IT.

[quote name='Toot.' timestamp='1340505636' post='5961679']
I don't really cook, but I love to bake. Baking is my passion. I WANT TO go to school for it. I love making BREAD from scratch... its my specialty and it always turns out delicious. :3
[/quote]

Living on my own and having to manage a budget, I have to cook mostly on the basis of "make as many meals as you can for the lowest cost". But I do it very well, and because I can eat most things and find most food tasty, I get on well with it.

Mostly do various chillis, spag bols, currys, sausage casseroles, etc using a basic method and can freeze portions for the week, which is handy if I have to cook eat and run.

My lasagne is the absolute best though.

I am addicted to cooking. Like literally.

My staple dish is always tempura. Whenever I have to cook for my friends or something weird, always tempura. Much better than from restaurants, since they never seem to season it. Yay for carbonated and iced water.

[quote name='Majestic Star Bahamut' timestamp='1340552606' post='5961858']
Living on my own and having to manage a budget, I have to cook mostly on the basis of "make as many meals as you can for the lowest cost". But I do it very well, and because I can eat most things and find most food tasty, I get on well with it.

Mostly do various chillis, spag bols, currys, sausage casseroles, etc using a basic method and can freeze portions for the week, which is handy if I have to cook eat and run.

My lasagne is the absolute best though.
[/quote] Coming from a mainly italian and mexican family lasagna's and chili's galore

make mash potatoes

make your gravy (white cournty or brown i perfer brown and would suggest brown for this but do what you want)

when both mash potatoes and gravy are done then combine them then add 1 cup of cheese (you can pick you own cheese i went with american i suggest american but again BE BOLD)

1/2 lb of stew meat and 1/2 lb of stew veg add these 3 in a pot cook well when done combine with the cheesy and mashy potatoes that was combine with gravy cook for like 3 more mins add your seasoning

for awesome stew that everyone will talk about

IMPRESS YOUR D*<K HEAD OF A BOSS *ahem i mean nice and great* he/she would be astound of the taste the robust fire roasted tomatoes wait there cheesy potatoes in here too with the very tender meat and heartyvegs as well

YOUR BOSS WILL BE OVER EVERY NIGHT WANTING MORE OF YOUR FINE COOKING

[quote name='Herman The German' timestamp='1340707192' post='5962619']
make mash potatoes

for awesome stew that everyone will talk about

IMPRESS YOUR D*<K HEAD OF A BOSS *ahem i mean nice and great* he/she would be astound of the taste the robust fire roasted tomatoes wait there cheesy potatoes in here too with the very tender meat and heartyvegs as well

YOUR BOSS WILL BE OVER EVERY NIGHT WANTING MORE OF YOUR FINE COOKING
[/quote] that sounds really good,

Archived