Spellbooks/Magicals

apparently, the Magical monsters are gonna be Prophecy monsters in TCG
[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120628042140/yugioh/images/7/7e/TemperanceofProphecy-REDU-EN-OP.jpg[/img]
and the Spellbook Rota is gonna be an Ultra:
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120628042139/yugioh/images/b/bf/SpellbookofSecrets-REDU-EN-OP.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1340868339' post='5963346']
And then we get renames:
Breaker the Prophecy Warrior/Breaker(,) the Warrior of Prophecy
Defender the Prophecy Knight/Defender(,) the Knight of Prophecy

Sounds kinda cool.
[/quote]

I think Konami want to purposely separate those monsters from Prophecy by changing the name of Magical for whatever the f*** is the reason. but that would mean in OCG they can use them and in TCG we can't? WTF?

[quote name='~Poker Face~' timestamp='1340874581' post='5963368']
I think Konami want to purposely separate those monsters from Prophecy by changing the name of Magical for whatever the f*** is the reason. but that would mean in OCG they can use them and in TCG we can't? WTF?
[/quote]
If they can use it in the OCG, we can use it in the TCG
just like they changed wattkid they can change the magicals the already exist to prophecy.
OT: I kinda like the new name, and I noticed they do make alot of advantge.

IIRC, the only card that specifically mentions "Prophecy" monsters by name searches a Level 3 "Prophecy" monster from your deck to your hand; everything else searches Spellcasters. until that changes or a card is printed that changes Levels of monsters in decks, the only monsters that would need to be changed are Level 3 monsters.

[quote name='Mysty' timestamp='1340902045' post='5963474']
IIRC, the only card that specifically mentions "Prophecy" monsters by name searches a Level 3 "Prophecy" monster from your deck to your hand; everything else searches Spellcasters. until that changes or a card is printed that changes Levels of monsters in decks, the only monsters that would need to be changed are Level 3 monsters.
[/quote]
Thing is, Konami implied TCG support for "Prophecy" monsters. They could do another level specific, but... yeah.

[quote name='werewolfjedi' timestamp='1341084696' post='5964446']
but the deck is cramped tons as it is, tcg exclusives won't be all that useful.
[/quote]
That's an incredibly ignorant outlook.

One of the TCG exclusives could be amazingly broken. As long as support is coming, it's damn stupid to write it off before you see it.

Da Best Spellbook

Normal Spell

Tribute 1 Spellcaster-Type monster you control; Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your deck and send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. During the End Phase of this turn, if this card is in your Graveyard: Banish this card; Special Summon the monster Tributed to activate this card.

I should work for Konami, goddamn.

[quote name='Yuzuru Otonashi' timestamp='1341085706' post='5964453']
That's an incredibly ignorant outlook.

One of the TCG exclusives could be amazingly broken. As long as support is coming, it's damn stupid to write it off before you see it.
[/quote]

right that's what you guys always fuckin want. broken cards.
why can't you just play the game for the fun of it anymore, its a fine archtype that is great all by itself in terms of doing what it plans to do already, it doesn't need it, and to play this game wanting every archtype to be broken and over powered is just, stupid.

games are meant to be enjoyed by all players. not just the one winning.

[quote name='werewolfjedi' timestamp='1341089482' post='5964470']
why can't you just play the game for the fun of it anymore, its a fine archtype that is great all by itself in terms of doing what it plans to do already, it doesn't need it, and to play this game wanting every archtype to be broken and over powered is just, stupid.

[/quote]
Are you kidding? Have you even READ my posts?

I'm the guy that always goes on about bad card design and how broken stuff doesn't even need to exist. I'm the guy that rants about stuff like Gaia Dragon, Brionac, Gustaph, the ones that a lot of people here tend to think aren't "too bad".

Yes, the deck can function without broken cards, but if more stuff exists, there is literally NO reason not to run it. Should you not run Wind-up Rabbit, Wind-up Shark, or Wind-up Carrier Zenmaity in Wind-ups? Or, alternately, you shouldn't run Hunter because it allows a broken combo, despite not being broken itself?

To not run a card that improves the deck just because you hate broken cards isn't doing it in the name of fun. It's just being an idiot. I don't want it to be broken, but to write off that TCG support for this archetype before it's released is the mark of a fool.

[quote name='werewolfjedi' timestamp='1341089482' post='5964470']
[/quote]

He never even said he wanted a broken card. He only said that the TCG exclusives have the potential to be really good and the idea of writing them off already would be absolutely terrible (especially given with how bad Spellbook of Power is). You're acting needlessly hostile and it's people like you that we need less of in the game, not those that see it as a competitive game. And news flash: People find fun in competition. Get of your f***ing high horse, you're not cool for playing for fun. Just because you're bad at a game doesn't mean you need to try to take shots at those that know their s***.

[quote name='Chris' timestamp='1341087501' post='5964464']
Da Best Spellbook
Normal Spell
Tribute 1 Spellcaster-Type monster you control; Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your deck and send 1 random card from your opponent's hand to the Graveyard. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's activation. During the End Phase of this turn, if this card is in your Graveyard: Banish this card; Special Summon the monster Tributed to activate this card.
I should work for Konami, goddamn.
[/quote]
This is how I see it:
Tribute Fleur for another Fleur, SS a boss monster from your opp grave (lolxyz if you want)
Boss/xyz goes apeshit and pwns.
end turn, lolSS the other Fleur and play another boss monster.

Unfortunately, Temper would prevent most of this epicness :(

[quote name='DJVD' timestamp='1341112772' post='5964643']
This is how I see it:
Tribute Fleur for another Fleur, SS a boss monster from your opp grave (lolxyz if you want)
Boss/xyz goes apeshit and pwns.
end turn, lolSS the other Fleur and play another boss monster.
Unfortunately, Temper would prevent most of this epicness :(
[/quote]

lol running more than 1 Fleur.

[quote name='evilfusion' timestamp='1341159613' post='5964865']
Question about the name change: Does "Magical" in those names actualy match the name on Breaker/etc? Meaning, are they actualy PART of the archetype?
[/quote]

They do because their Katakana all say Mago, which translates to "Magical"

Archived