.:Blu:.

I don't really have much to say about this card except the process I went through in making it was different from how I usually would make cards. Anyways, I usually start with a picture before I make a card but this time around, I thought of an effect, that I believe would be (somewhat at the least) useful, first before finding a picture. The first time I saw this picture in Jazin Kay's photobucket, I immediately decided it should be an Xyz monster. And since I typed up this effect beforehand, I decided to slap both onto a blank Xyz card. As for the card itself, I don't think there is too many LVL 7 Xyzs out so I think I showed LVL 7s some love. Also, I'm pretty sure I have some major OCG errors here, though the last time I said that I was actually wrong. I'll be looking forward to any type of criticism I can get, both good and bad ^^

[center][IMG]http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz46/wirespy/DEEPDragonSmall.png[/IMG]

[b][i]Lore: 2 Level 7 monsters
When this card attacks a monster whose ATK is higher than this card: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; destroy the monster immediately with this card’s effect without applying damage calculation. Then inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference in ATK of this card and the monster destroyed by this card’s effect.[/i][/b][/center]

It's interesting, it's a Dimension Wall and Sakuretsu Armor put together when it attacks. Its DEF doesn't matter too much since it can't get in Defense Position after attacking, though there's always switching it to Attack Position then attacking.

Changing "attacks" to "battles" would help, since getting a Rank 7 is easier said than done and it would just suck to have this guy killed in battle (having your opponent waste their resources to kill it with an effect is much better).

Now the main problem is that once this guy is out of Xyz Materials, he's a Vanilla sitting duck with only 1000 ATK, making him quite vulnerable. Seeing as his DEF is mediocre, I suppose there could be an effect to switch his ATK/DEF once he loses his Materials. He won't be killed by an underling, but he can still be killed by bosses. But that's just me suggesting things.

I agree that changing it to battle is the best thing to do, but as for giving him an affect like that after he runs out of Xyz, I don't think I should do that. That's the major weakness of a lot, if not all, Xyzs is that when the ran out of Xyz materials, that's basically it for them.

I know, however, most of them have a reliable amount of ATK for it to take some effort to kill them in battle once their materials are gone, and as it is, this is inferior to Big Eye (which takes the card completely). While the ATK boost keeps it inferior, it's just a nice addition. But if you don't want to, then don't. It's your card.

It's just that I thought that it should have something more for it since it's a Rank 7, and they are much harder to get out than the Rank 3s and 4s.

I'm going to say the effect is a little underpowered for a rank 7 that is because rank 7's are such and odd chore to make they tend to have great effects. I mean Big Eye is a permanent steal, Hiero is some kind of cross between heavy and MST, Gaio just shuts things down, Thunderclap is pretty much a rank 6, and Lucky straight is high garbage so it doesn't count.

It really seems like a cross between the first and second stages of yubel so I would advise enhancing the effect maybe to just full on killing a monster and dealing damage equal to a stat of some kind and I agree the card should say whenever it "battles" that way it won't die on your opponents turn so easily.

Well, when creating Rank 7s, you've gotta put the existance of Number 11: Big Eye in your mind. Big Eye (no, not the Level 4 one) is hilariously broken - if you can summon it, that is. It's got a better eff than the forever-Forbidden Change of Heart, but even then it's considered casual because the only deck that can consistently summon it is Gagagas.

As far as heavy Xyz go, it's worthless if it's strictly (or at least, overall) inferior to something that already exists. Take a look at Adreus, then at Volca. Get it?

Now, back to this card.

TBH, this is damn underpowered. It needs to be something that would be broken to the point of being bannable if it could be summoned easily. In the case with Rank 7s, it's fine even if it's that broken because it's damn hard to get out. I mentioned Big Eye for a reason, you know.

One example is this:
Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; If a monster(s) your opponent controls is not in face-up Attack Position, change it to face-up attack Position (FLIP effects are not activated at this time) and the ATK of all monsters your opponent controls becomes 0. Then, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of monsters your opponent controls x1000. You can activate this effect during either player's turn.

Really, this needs to be as broken as THAT to work.

Archived