(Umi) Water Support Cards [FINISHED....LOCK....plz?]

Alpakha

You will need to create 1 monster and 1 spell card that supports the umi water theme. This will end August 1rst 2012. You will be rated on picture, OCG/Grammar, Effect, Usefulness, and creativity/originality. Each of these will out of 5 points and a possible score of 25/25.

Requirements

1. The monster has to be an effect monster, water, and playable

2. The spell can be any type of spell, as long as it supports the theme

3. If the text is small and hard to read, you must post the lore under the card otherwise the entry will not count.

Rules

1. Plz no spams or trolls :P

2. Entries after July 20th will not count

3. HAVE FUN..... This is strictly enforced

4. You can have up to 2 entries (1 entry would be a spell and monster)

Example:

B1Zv7.jpg

Hmf14.jpg

Plz have fun and try ur best ^^

Also, you can explain to me the usefulness of ur card, though it will not give extra points.

Prized: me reviewing and Liking (if reasonable) 1 of your threads and a donation of 50 points (small prize cuz no entry fee 0____0). Prize split if tie.

Guest newhat

I think I will enter with:

[spoiler=Brinehymn]KMjzS.jpg

[spoiler=Lore:]While this card is banished, its name becomes "Umi". This card is used to Ritual Summon "Blue Dragon". You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand with combined Levels greater than or equal to its Level. You can discard 1 card and banish this card from your Graveyard; activate 1 "Umi" from your Banished Zone.

[spoiler=Blue Dragon]UjwtI.jpg

[spoiler=Lore:]Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Ritual Summoned with "Brinehymn". This card gains ATK equal to the combined ATK of all WATER monsters you control except "Blue Dragon". When a card or effect is activated: You can banish 1 "Umi" from your field, Deck or Graveyard; negate the activation and Set that card, and it cannot be flipped face-up this turn. If this card destroys a monster by battle: You can return 1 banished "Umi" to your hand.

Searchable by Atlantean Seahorsemen.

i like it ^^, but blue dragon looks a little too realistic :P and for brinehymn i don't get what you mean by "activate 1 umi from your banished zone". Can you plz eexplain to me that effect, though overall you did really good.

Picture: 3/5 (pictures aren't bad just not great)

OCG: 5/5

Effect: 5/5

Usefulness: 3/5 (cuz rituals are slow and Atlantean Seahorse kinda hard to use unless Atlantean Deck) edit: 4/5

Creativity/Originality: 5/5

Overall: 21/25 (you did well, good job) edit: 22/25

Guest newhat

for brinehymn i don't get what you mean by "activate 1 umi from your banished zone". Can you plz eexplain to me that effect

Here's how it works: If you have an "Umi", "A Legendary Ocean" or "Forgotten Capital Lemuria" removed from play while Brinehymn's in your Graveyard, you can use its effect to put that "Umi", "Ocean" or "Capital" face-up on the field, as if you'd played it from your hand.

Since its name is "Umi" while it's banished, you can also use it to flush out another copy of itself and Ritual Summon.

If the art is too realistic, I feel ya. The arty pictures of the Blue Dragon Sea Slug didn't do it proper justice. C'est la vie.

Alright, my cards are finished:

[spoiler=Shark Chimera]

SharkChimeraSmall.png

Lore: 3 Level 4 monsters

If this card is successfully Xyz Summoned while "Umi" is on the field: This card gains 600 ATK until the End Phase. If this card successfully destroys an opponent’s monster in battle: Attach it to this card as an Xyz Material. Once per turn: You can activate 1 of the following effects:

• Detach 2 Xyz Materials from this card: Target 1 WATER monster you control; it can attack twice during this turn’s Battle Phase. If you activated this effect: This card cannot declare an attack this turn.

• Detach 3 Xyz Materials from this card: Target 1 "Umi" in your deck or Graveyard; add it to your hand.

[spoiler=Barrier of the Umiverse]

BarrieroftheUmiverseSmall.png

Lore: As long as this card is face-up on the field: "Umi" and all Field Spell Cards treated as "Umi" cannot be destroyed by the activation of a Field Spell Card or by card effects. During your Main Phase: You can discard this card to target 1 "Umi" or 1 Field Spell Card whose effect(s) treats it as "Umi" from your deck; add it to your hand.

Picture: 5/5 (coincidentally I used both of those pics b4 :P)

OCG/Grammar: Perfect 5/5

Effect: Creative and balanced 5/5

Usefulness: 1rst card Kinda slow in Codarus/Daedalus deck, but seems fine in an Umi beat or Umi stall. Though it is pretty hard to summon, as most umi decks run ALO, this would mean you need 3 lvl 5 monsters. 2nd card first effect is nice but a bit slow for codar/daedal but fine for Stall/beat. 2nd card's second effect is great in all Umi decks. So 3/5 (as the spell is great but monster hard to summon).

Creativity/Originality: Very creative, but the "find an Umi" is kinda redundant (still useful though). 4/5

Total: 22/25 (tied with newhat xP)

Remember, you can always argue how great your card is (you only get 1 post too) and scores can still change (once only though).

I don't really know what to argue so I'll keep the score as is for now until I can find something to say about my cards. Although I do have a suggestion. Waiting until August 1st is really a long time and considering the activity of YCM recently, I think you may want to shorten the end date.

Guest newhat

Your Xyz is stunningly crisp. How'd you make it?

I think just being able to search "Umi" is fine for Umiverse. There's a BKSS ruling listed for Warrior of Atlantis that says: "Even though 'A Legendary Ocean' is treated as 'Umi' in the Deck, 'Warrior of Atlantis' can still add it to your hand". What happens if the opponent plays a Field Spell while Umiverse is out?

Oh I see, thank you for the info. For my Xyz I used a template by Zextra, it's in my sig. As for the card question, Umiverse protects Umi and etc. from being destroyed by other field spells. So basically your opponent will have to waste a card effect on destroying Umiverse first.

Guest newhat

So...would any new Field Spell be blocked? Or would it be activated and then destroyed after it bounces off your invincible Umi?

Also...I blocked Signatures long ago. Ask Xi-3 why.

Can u guys plz use the pm for non contest related conversations : P. I don't want to be an @ss, but ur kinda spamming up the place. Sorry is i sound rude, but this does count is reportable (i won't report but plz keep this is mind).

Might as well enter:

[spoiler=Ocean Drake]3LTJT.jpg

If "Umi" is face-up on the Field: you can discard this card; decrease the level of all WATER monsters in your hand and side of the Field by 1 or 2.

[spoiler=Tomb of Usladead]o4O4D.jpg

Once per turn, you can tribute 1 WATER monster you control; add 1 "Umi" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If this face-up card is sent from the Field to the Graveyard by an opponent's card: you can Banish 1 WATER monster from your Deck. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this card has been sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon the Banished WATER monster.

[spoiler=Galkin's Entry]

Might as well enter:

[spoiler=Ocean Drake]3LTJT.jpg

If "Umi" is face-up on the Field: you can discard this card; decrease the level of all WATER monsters in your hand and side of the Field by 1 or 2.

[spoiler=Tomb of Usladead]o4O4D.jpg

Once per turn, you can tribute 1 WATER monster you control; add 1 "Umi" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If this face-up card is sent from the Field to the Graveyard by an opponent's card: you can Banish 1 WATER monster from your Deck. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this card has been sent to the Graveyard: Special Summon the Banished WATER monster.

Picture: Amazing 5/5

OCG/Grammar: Good enough 5/5 (p.s. field isn't capitalized xP)

Effect: Both effects are balanced and helpful 5/5

Usefulness: The monster is situational, since you only need it if you get a level 5-6 in your hand, but the spell is awesome. 4/5

Creativity/Originality: The monster is kinda like "Cost down", but less variable. The spell, well it's like "Core Transplant Unit" (very helpful though). 4/5

Total: 23/25

Remember, you can still convince me to raise ur score (you only get 1 post to).

[spoiler=R34p3r_666's Entry]

Here's my entry

qHJGq.jpg6kfoO.jpg

Pictures: Great, really fits name 5/5

OCG/Grammar: not too bad (considering ur new ^^) 4/5

Effect: balanced 5/5

Usefulness: The spell, useful for Umi beatdown but basically useless in Daedalus/Codarus Method (also, i don't see why u needed to put Lemuria in effect; why not just say umi xP). The monster, well it has a nice search effect but it won't survive to use second effect and summon daedalus (i see the combo there ^^). 3/5

Creativity/Originality: The spell is too much like field barrier for me to distinguish it, and seems like the monster's effect is simple and oringal (though similar to Galkin's entry =P). 4/5

Total:21/15 (you can still change ur score)

Archived