(Umi) Water Support Cards [FINISHED....LOCK....plz?]

Alpakha

Well, for aqua sphere, my opinions are the same. For the monster, it's effect is horribly amazing now....oped actually >.< To be honest these cards would get a lower score (as the monster is now oped). I won't change your score, nice try though.

Picture: Amazing 5/5

OCG/Grammar: Good enough 5/5 (p.s. field isn't capitalized xP)

Effect: Both effects are balanced and helpful 5/5

Usefulness: The monster is situational, since you only need it if you get a level 5-6 in your hand, but the spell is awesome. 4/5

Creativity/Originality: The monster is kinda like "Cost down", but less variable. The spell, well it's like "Core Transplant Unit" (very helpful though). 4/5

Total: 23/25

Remember, you can still convince me to raise ur score (you only get 1 post to).

You don't quite comprehend the power of Ocean Drake. It doesn't just make level 5-6 free summons, but when combined with a Legendary Ocean, allows the Normal Summon or level 7 as well. It can also allow you to manipulate card levels for synchro summons or XYZ, especially when combined with Forgotten Capital Lemuria, if for example their are too many levels on the field for an adequate synchro summon or if you're aiming for a particular XYZ.

For example:

- Summon Deep Sea Diva; Special Summon Atlantean Armsman.

- Summon some level 2 WATER monster. Use Capital Lemuria eff (All go to level 5)

Option 1: Go to rank 5 XYZ.

Option 2: Discard Ocean Drake and lower all levels to 4 for rank 4 XYZ or synchro 8 OR lower all levels by 2 (to 3) for rank 3 XYZ or synchro 6 or 9.

(In addition, if you don't use summon another level 2 WATER monster using Armsman effect, you can always use Lemuria eff [Go to level 4 both] then discard Ocean Drake and lower by 1 [both level 3] and you can XYZ rank 3 or synchro 6.)

Another example is if you did it by summoning "Lost Blue Breaker" instead of Armsman, you can gain 2 levels by Lemuria, then discard Ocean Drake and lower both their levels by 1 (Turning them to level 3 and 4) and go into synchro 7 instead of having levels 4 and 5 (no synchro) or having to stick with synchro 5.

Point is Ocean Drake has a bunch of shenanigans with Lemuria and it combos well with ALO for free summons.

Like i said earlier, it's still situational (u would need umi on the field, a level 5-7 monster in hand, and Ocean Drake). As for the lemuria thing, this contest is about Umi support and an umi deck that runs lemuria isn't really true to the name (as it's more like Water Xyz). I might raise ur score a bit, but i'm not very convinced =P

- Lemuria is treated as "Umi", same as "A Legendary Ocean"

- Lemuria manipulates levels, same as "A Legendary Ocean"

- Lemuria strictly benefits only WATER monsters, same as "A Legendary Ocean"

Seems like Lemuria is pretty Umi WATER, it just permits WATER monsters to access Synchros and XYZ better, but it still plays as Umi supporting WATER as much as ALO does.

/EndspostcausethisisnotadebateastowhatistheUmiWATERplaystyle

- Lemuria is treated as "Umi", same as "A Legendary Ocean"

- Lemuria manipulates levels, same as "A Legendary Ocean"

- Lemuria strictly benefits only WATER monsters, same as "A Legendary Ocean"

Seems like Lemuria is pretty Umi WATER, it just permits WATER monsters to access Synchros and XYZ better, but it still plays as Umi supporting WATER as much as ALO does.

/EndspostcausethisisnotadebateastowhatistheUmiWATERplaystyle

o.0 i know that (also you only get 1 post to convince me... and i wasn't). Look, i'm srry but i'm not convinced. Also, ALO and Lemuria both manipulate levels, but ALO for summoning things like Daedalus and Lemuria for things like Gaioabyss. Your cards would be fine in an Umi Beatdown, but Ocean Drake would still be situational.

[spoiler=Seattleite's Entry]

Sounds like fun.

lcZfZ.jpg

w3ZaX.jpg

Picture: Amazing 5/5

Ocg/Grammar: Good, but needs fine tuning (Example: hand isn't capitalized and level is) 4/5

Effect: Balanced and has an Anti Meta feel 5/5

Usefulness: The monster has an awesome effect, but slow in today's format (as i always see people with 3 or less cards in their hand, and with 3 mst + Heavy storm, Umi wouldn't survive long). The Spell, great effect + it get's by Stardust. 4/5

Creativity/Originality: 5/5

Total: 24/25....

So 1 post to convince you? Mkay.

I agree the OCG was a little off.

The monster has an awesome effect, but slow in today's format (as i always see people with 3 or less cards in their hand, and with 3 mst + Heavy storm, Umi wouldn't survive long).

Aqueous Shielder's effect includes "Umi cannot be destroyed".

[spoiler=Seattleite's Post]

So 1 post to convince you? Mkay.

I agree the OCG was a little off.

Aqueous Shielder's effect includes "Umi cannot be destroyed".

Did not see that o.0... maybe cuz i'm azn ^^, but did not convince me enough. Umi can't be destroyed, HUGE plus for Umi beatdown but the monster protection effect i still slow. =P Besides, you still have highest score -__-...so far

Archived