Rubix:The Terror In The Sky!

tyler14isnexus

This is my first Synchro type monster (besides the one I made of a pop culture character) so please tell me what you think! Any suggestions are appreciated.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/zE2nn.jpg[/img]

Lore:1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters.
As long as this card is face-up on the field neither duelist can activate Spell or Trap cards.This card can only be destroyed by an Light attribute monster.

I guess it's balanced, but I can't help feeling like it's just bad card design in general.

I mean, it's nearly impossible to run over with 3100 ATK, not to mention only LIGHT monsters can take it out. How many LIGHT monsters can even get to the field and pose a threat to this thing without the use of Spell Cards? (I'm looking at you, Miracle Fusion.)

It's game over once you get this out, and Zombies don't exactly have much of a problem spamming the field.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1342127899' post='5975821']
This card is still incredibly powerful, but it's beatable. I'd say if you added "Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned in other ways", it would be enough.
[/quote]

That's possible, too. As is it's pretty much a challenge to bring out. At Level 8, you'd need Plaguespreader Zombie or Pain Painter (the only Zombie Tuners, I believe), and either 2 Level 3's, or a Level 2 and a Level 4. That's not very easy to get, even in Zombies, without having to run bad cards in the process. It's just a giant beatstick restricts some plays, but with proper set-up it's pretty easy to get around.

Archived