Sea Demon Soldier [Single]

Galkin

[img]http://i.imgur.com/ud53e.jpg[/img]
[quote]When this card is Normal Summoned: Target 1 WATER monster in your Graveyard; equip it to this card and treat it as an Equip Spell Card. While there is an Equip Spell Card equipped to this card, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. While there is a face-up Equip Spell Card on your side of the field: negate the effect(s) of other Effect Monsters that target this card and destroy it, then send 1 Equip Spell Card you control to the Graveyard.[/quote]

For the last card of today, I've decided that I would make something a bit more serious (As in I put some real though into this instead of being a little happy-go-lucky). To clear any doubts with this card, here is a brief explanation:

- No effects here miss timing.
- Battle destruction immunity is a continuous effect applied so long he is equipped with an Equip Spell.
- Negation effect is [b]FORCED[/b], is a quick-effect (Obviously) and applies so long you control any Equip Spell on the field (not necessarily equipped to him). The effect applies to all target effect(s), including your own.
- The term "...other Effect Monsters..." is used to prevent it from negating his own targeting and destroying himself.
- The ",then..." clause is used so this card does NOT cause Poison Draw Frog or Dupe Frog from missing timing. Among othe present or future WATER monsters.

Card was made to assist Sea Lancer and Frognarch Decks, offering defenses to both decks, making advantage, as well as promote the use of Equip Spell Cards. Another thing to note is that this card possess the rare combination of WATER Fiend (Only 8 real Yu-Gi-OH cards have this combination). Now I hope I have not spoken too much and none of you feel like commenting. So I'll end here and leave you to...commenting.

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]The only problem I'm seeing is that it seems to be more worthwhile to go into Caius or Raiza than it would this. It's definitely a good card, but it's outclassed because Frognarchs should be running about 6-10 Tribute Monsters; you don't want to run too many more and trying to include this in a build that uses the Monarchs, Light and Darkness Dragon, Sea Lancer, [i]and[/i] this would just be way too cloggy.

My suggestion? Decrease the ATK by 600, make it Level 4, and make it so it can equip upon Normal Summon.[/font]

But, under that suggestion you have a 1850/1900 monster that can grant itself battle immunity and negate&destroy effect on Effect Monsters, which I think is a bit too much for something with that good stats and easily summonable.

[quote name='Galkin' timestamp='1342562937' post='5981296']
But, under that suggestion you have a 1850/1900 monster that can grant itself battle immunity and negate&destroy effect on Effect Monsters, which I think is a bit too much for something with that good stats and easily summonable.
[/quote]

It is not, and allow me to explain why. First of all, it only stops effects that target, meaning the only things this is really viable against are Ryko and Snowman Eater. Second of all, the battle immunity only comes with the equip, so if they manage to remove the equip, it's virtually useless. Since it only has 1850 ATK, it can be run over by things like Thunder King, etc., so it's not the most powerful monster out there while also being able to hold its own.

It's easily summonable, but it only negates effects that target it specifically, the likes of which are few and far between.

Archived