Support for the weakest Fusion Monster, Fusionist.

TrueQuartz

Fusionist is the weakest Fusion Monster in the dueling world. He doesn't live up to his name. So I created cards to support his fantasy fusion ability.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/XsgHl.jpg[/img]

"Blue-Eyes White Dragon"+"Fusionist"
A Fusion Summon of this card can only be done with the above Fusion Material Monsters.This card is unaffected against Trap Cards. You can pay 2000 life points to destroy all monsters on the field except this card. If this card is sent from the field to the graveyard, you can special summon 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" or "Fusionist" from the graveyard.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jubnA.jpg[/img]

"Dark Magician"+"Fusionist"
A Fusion Summon of this card can only be done with the above Fusion Material Monsters.This card is unaffected against Monster Effects. Once per turn, you can pay 2000 life points to Special Summon 1 Fusion Monster from the Extra Deck. It is destroyed during End Phase. When this is sent from the field to the graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 "Dark Magician" or "Fusionist" from the graveyard.

So, Night Dragon is a Demise and Magician of Fusion is a Magical Scientist. To go along with that, they have huge stats and point blank immunity to certain card types AND if they are gotten rid of, you most likely will get the chance to summon a beatstick, putting half of the materials back required to fusion summon another one.

Of course, they are *perfectly* balanced due to the fact that Fusionist is extremely difficult to get out. I mean there is absolutely NO WAY to summon him in 1 turn with a low cost making these no where near as broken as the Envoys. *Cough Instant Fusion *Cough* Oh sorry, I have a bad cough.

But in all seriousness, these are broken beyond belief.

These don't help Fusionist become more playable at all, and you would need a "A [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Summon"]Fusion Summon[/url] of this card can only be done with the above [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fusion_Material_Monster"]Fusion Material Monsters[/url]." for both of them for them to even use Fusionist rather than Goddess of the Third Eye, Versago the Destroyer, or King of the Swamp. You could also add an effect that makes them only Summonable if Fusionist was Fusion Summoned by Polymerization to prevent Instant Fusion from making these too easy to bring out.

As for the cards themselves:

The Blue-Eyes one: The built-in Dark Hole-except-for-himself is nice and probably rewarding of getting Fusionist on the field, though it would be broken if you let the Fusion Substitutes take place of Fusionist. On paper (term for "theoretically" pretty much), this looks broken for the 3900 direct attacking, but this thing is hard to get out. Well, there's that LIGHT Hex-Sealed Fusion guy, but then you would need Blue Eyes on the field.

The Dark Magician one: A much lesser monster than the other, but more broken too. Namely, you would use this to bring out "Cyber Twin Dragon" and "Naturia Exterio." A bigger breaking factor is that you can activate this as much as you want, provided you have space on the field. Even if he's hard to get out, mass-spamming Cyber Twin and Exterio is just... broken beyond belief. Even if you made it a once-per-turn effect, it would still be horribly broken.

[b]Name[/b]: It's certainly not unique; it honestly sounds like you just took bits and pieces from the two names and changed it to an evil-looking creature for whatever reason, despite the lack of relevance there. Not very inspired at all.

[b]0.2/0.5[/b]

[b]Image[/b]: Not only is this an image I've seen several times before on several different cards, I fail to understand how a LIGHT Dragon and a Beast make a creature that looks like this. I'm much bigger on images than some people, because I feel like they really make the card come together as a whole, and this one is not doing it for me.

[b]0.1/0.5[/b]

[b]Creativity[/b]: Effect wise, I'm not seeing much that looks as though you took much time trying to come up with something unique. I mean, it's a Judgment Dragon with a higher Life Point cost but easier summoning conditions. There's nothing original about the effect as its just a large beatstick.

[b]0.6/1.0[/b]

[b]Balance[/b]: This is where we have a major issue. It's so far from balanced it's not even funny. First of all, it's a joke to Summon. Literally, Instant Fusion + Light-Hex Sealed Fusion makes this with ease. Once it's out, there's no way to slow it down with Traps, and you can clear the field as many times as you like. Not to mention, with 3900 ATK on top of that, it's nearly impossible to get over.

[b]0.3/1.5[/b]

[b]Overall[/b]: While I can appreciate the effort to design support for an older card(s), this was a very poor job at doing so. You haven't made any practical use for it, and if it were released, it would be far too abuse-able, thus terrible card design. The problem with cards like this is you either get a useless monster, because it requires you to use Fusionist and thus isn't worth investing the effort into, or something extremely broken as a means to "justify" what you have to do to bring it out.

[b]Overall: 0.6/1.5[/b]

Total: 1.8/5 = 36%

Definitely going to need to make significant changes, perhaps even an entire card overhaul to make this even remotely good design.

[quote name='- Neo -' timestamp='1342623827' post='5981855']
[b]Balance[/b]: This is where we have a major issue. It's so far from balanced it's not even funny. First of all, it's a joke to Summon. Literally, Instant Fusion + Light-Hex Sealed Fusion makes this with ease. Once it's out, there's no way to slow it down with Traps, and you can clear the field as many times as you like. Not to mention, with 3900 ATK on top of that, it's nearly impossible to get over.
[/quote]

Except you can't use Fusion Substitute monsters to Summon Fusion monsters with the [i]A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters [/i]clause.

[quote name='Zanda Panda' timestamp='1342627109' post='5981892']
Except you can't use Fusion Substitute monsters to Summon Fusion monsters with the [i]A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters [/i]clause.
[/quote]

You can, because Hex Sealed Tributes to Special Summon; this says nothing about being unable to be Special Summoned.

Archived