Official One Piece Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen much of the anime or the manga. However I have looked through this entire arch so far and I've gotta say that this whole chapter meant nothing. Luffy infiltrates the greatest prison in the entire one peice universe nearly dies from poison gets his life reduced just so he can save Ace and ace winds up dieing. That's like a punch to the right ball for someone who made their left one impervious to every single known ball hitting technique out there.

This'll probably be of significance though. I can see Luffy getting more expirience in haki or a new technique because of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen much of the anime or the manga. However I have looked through this entire arch so far and I've gotta say that this whole chapter meant nothing. Luffy infiltrates the greatest prison in the entire one peice universe nearly dies from poison gets his life reduced just so he can save Ace and ace winds up dieing. That's like a punch to the right ball for someone who made their left one impervious to every single known ball hitting technique out there.

This'll probably be of significance though. I can see Luffy getting more expirience in haki or a new technique because of it.

The events serve as a MAJOR plot twist. Not only that but it sets up a lot of the major characters and sets BB as THE main villan. This is the most important arc in terms of how the series will end, and I've loved every page of it.

[spoiler=]These chapters are chaos' date=' everything is chaos, he see about 3 deaths that are important to the plot in the past 4 chapters. Plus we see a monster and the return of characters.

[/quote']

I can't tell if what your saying is good or bad. I think things are set up well and that it's going at a good rate.

[spoiler=]These chapters are chaos' date=' everything is chaos, he see about 3 deaths that are important to the plot in the past 4 chapters. Plus we see a monster and the return of characters.

[/quote']

I can't tell if what your saying is good or bad. I think things are set up well and that it's going at a good rate.

I am saying it is good it beating Bleach and Naruto in plot development

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea why this came to my head now and not months ago... and I don't think I'm the only one to have an idea about the past "secret" between Crocodile and Ivankov... what if Crocodile was a woman before meeting him ? XD

Crocodile was an Okama. Ivankov is the King Of Okama Kingdom or something like that, so Crocodile might have lived in that kingdom as an Okama.

Definitely my favourite part of this arc was the surprise appearance by Shanks.

I wonder how long Blackbeard has been plotting to get the power he has now. If he joined Whitebeard's crew just to get the Yami Yami no Mi, thats 20 years of plannig!! If he were to get a Logia ability, he would likely be invincible

Definitely my favourite part of this arc was the surprise appearance by Shanks.

I wonder how long Blackbeard has been plotting to get the power he has now. If he joined Whitebeard's crew just to get the Yami Yami no Mi' date=' thats 20 years of plannig!! If he were to get a Logia ability, he would likely be invincible

[/quote']

He already has a Logia and since his power makes it so he is hit having a extra logia won't make him invincible.

New chapter out soon. Can't wait to see what happens.

I love One Piece but I have to get caught up with the story. I'm currently watching the Thriller Bark arc.

You have a ways to go.

Also if you want you can watch most of what comes after that on funimation. They have Sabaody all the way to the eps that just came out in Japan.

So I've been readin a lot of One Piece today. I just finished 37. It's amazing how strong Luffy gets between then and the end of the CP 9 arc.

• 1 month later...

It really makes me sad on how Bleach and Naruto get so much attention when One Piece gets next none when it's just as good (IMO better since every week it's chapters have been great).

Last few chapters have been great. We are finally learning Luffy's past and that he wasn't always the powerful person is is now. It's also nice to see Ace's past.

So I've been rereading OP. Just finished 30 and damn' date=' skypeia is a great arc. Oda is a great writer and the SBS is great. I love how their was a question on why the women have such large breasts. That made me lol. Also

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/279/16/

BEST PAGE EVER!!!

I love how much people seem to over look it.

[/quote']

I didn't. xD I remember laughing at that page for about 5 minutes. Such a great expression.

• 2 weeks later...

i've just started the one piece manga last month. I read them from the library. i'm still in the east blue when he faces Arlong (Due to lack of books.) but i've been reading the monthly shonen jump so i know about some saboty baroque works and impel down. Boa Handcock is smexy. I think her love love fruit powers are getting to me.

It really makes me sad on how Bleach and Naruto get so much attention when One Piece gets next none when it's just as good (IMO better since every week it's chapters have been great).

Last few chapters have been great. We are finally learning Luffy's past and that he wasn't always the powerful person is is now. It's also nice to see Ace's past.

Bleach is not THAT great. One Piece is more superior in term of drama, plot, chars development, jokes, etc etc than Bleach. One Piece is the 3rd best manga in my taste.

Archived