one piece luffy

• Please log in to reply
2672 replies to this topic

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,834 posts
O yea, Zoro has had a shockingly easy time with his recent fights. One of the things I remember seeing brought up a LONG time ago is that when Zoro would fight he would often have some kind of handicap and he hasn't had any during his post-timeskip fights. Though him being this strong makes sense. He is aiming to beat Mihawk and seeing as how Mihawk would go out and look to fight Shanks, one of the strongest characters in the series, Mihawk is likely near Yonko level.

And I can see Zoro getting a fair bit of focus when they finally arrive at Wano. It would make a lot of sense at least. This is furthered by him having Ryuma's sword.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

FC: 0989-1906-1912

sept_p10_02_4jkg1.jpgvqhz4l.jpg
charizard-megay.gifNw_Easter_Event9.png006-m.png

Shradow

Shradow

Hope will never die!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,113 posts
  • Alias:Shradow

I just had to go rewatch it since I brought it up.

Like, holy fucking shit Zoro's insane. So damn badass, incredibly impressive.

oKaMkbq.gif

3DS FC: 0748-6486-2145

NNID: Shradow

PSN: Ragaror

Fusion

Fusion

HEART LINKING

• Springtime Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,254 posts
  • Alias:Fusion

Yeah, some shichibukai were stronger than others. Mingo hammered that point in pretty hard but I'd make a safe bet and say Mihawk is the strongest of the group.

It won't ever happen, but the idea of Luffy and Zoro facing Shanks and Mihawk in a tag-team battle sent chills up my spine.

OznEVsH.png

Tentacruel

Tentacruel

So Sorry

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,572 posts
  • Alias:Tentacruel
  • Spouse:Falling Pizza

It's worth bringing up how pointless bounties are to compare power levels.

Cracker was more than double Mingo's bounty but I don't think he was that much stronger, if at all.

Also take Boa Hancock, her bounty is/was 79 Million I believe, fairly low, but she's OP as fuck.

Basically I don't think Katakuri will be impossible for them to take down.

ADHDguitar banner

Shradow

Shradow

Hope will never die!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,113 posts

Cracker's bounty is almost certainly influenced by his being a higher up of Big Mom's group. It's not just telling of his strength as an individual, it's also partially about the danger level of who he's got at his back. Bounties have always been less about power levels and more about danger to the WG (not to say a fair amount aren't mostly if solely based on their power), like Robin's initial bounty of 79 million despite being only a kid, just because she could read Poneglyphs and that the information she could share could endanger the WG.

And Shichibukai bounties are frozen upon them joining up, so they're not always up-to-date. Hancock got her 80 million bounty after a single campaign and then joined the Shichibukai somewhat soon after, so it didn't really get a chance to increase.

oKaMkbq.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,834 posts
Another good example of the bounty thing is Kid's bounty being higher than Luffy's. It isn't that he is stronger, rather the number of civilian casualties he would cause.

Anyway, I was watching some anime episodes. Dear lord the pacing is still terrible. 20%-25% of the episode is just nothing, and another decent percentage is just air. I'd so much rather more filler than 1 chapter per episode.
If anyone is willing to trade me a HA Cranidos, HA Snover, HA Burmy and/or Shaymin in Gen 6 I'd be your best friend forever.

Shradow

Shradow

Hope will never die!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,113 posts

Well since Luffy's got bumped up to 500 million, Kid is behind by 30 million with only 470 million.

Though "God" Usopp's is the absolute perfect example of bounties not matching power levels, since his got changed to 200 million. And speaking of Usopp, I hope we get some development of his Haki after this arc.

oKaMkbq.gif

Tentacruel

Tentacruel

So Sorry

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,572 posts
  • Alias:Tentacruel
  • Spouse:Falling Pizza

I am wondering if they're gonna do another bounty increase after this arc.   It feels too soon, but fighting a Yonko seems like it would have to drive bounties up.

Maybe after the Kaido arc.

ADHDguitar banner

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,834 posts
I feel like this arc might be a bit too soon, but I could see it happening. After Wano it will almost certainly happen though. Not gonna lie, it kind of bugs me that Usopp has a higher bounty than Sanji.

Shradow

Shradow

Hope will never die!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,113 posts

Not gonna lie, it kind of bugs me that Usopp has a higher bounty than Sanji.

But it's funny.

If there's one guy I'd want to have a bigger bounty, it's Franky. Dude's got access to Vegapunk tech and could have the plans for Pluton memorized (fully or only partially, I feel like some of what went into Sunny could've come from the Pluton plans) or has a spare copy hidden away for all we know.

Though for now I like Chopper's bounty being inconsequential, it keeps him under the radar. I'm hoping it'll result in him having a Big Damn Hero moment somewhere down the line, sort of how Brook is the MVP of this arc.

EDIT: I'm not sure how I never realized this before, but I think those lines on Franky's arms are supposed to emulate his old arm hair.

oKaMkbq.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,834 posts

But it's funny.

If there's one guy I'd want to have a bigger bounty, it's Franky. Dude's got access to Vegapunk tech and could have the plans for Pluton memorized (fully or only partially, I feel like some of what went into Sunny could've come from the Pluton plans) or has a spare copy hidden away for all we know.

Though for now I like Chopper's bounty being inconsequential, it keeps him under the radar. I'm hoping it'll result in him having a Big Damn Hero moment somewhere down the line, sort of how Brook is the MVP of this arc.

Franky is certainly one of the primary fighters of the crew. ATM I'd say the strength of the crew breaks down something like this
Luffy
Zoro
Sanji
Brook/Frankie
Robin
Chopper
Nami
Usopp

I'm pretty sure Oda has said that Usopp will always be the weakest member of the crew.

Yea, I was recently thinking about Pluton actually. I'm curious if/when the 3 weapons will come up and play a roll in the story. On that note, I'm also curious what dirt Mingo had on the World Nobles. My memory is vague on it, but I remember something along those line.

Also, gotta give Chopper his due. Him beating Brûlée was HUGE for the Straw Hats this arc.

Shradow

Shradow

Hope will never die!

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,113 posts

One could argue her powers made things too convenient, but I just find it too funny, her just getting dragged all over the place against her will the entire time. Like how Caesar was during Dressrosa.

As for Doflamingo, all we know is that he blackmailed the WG with his knowledge of their "national treasure" that, if shared, would "shake the world to its very core." And that it can be used in conjunction with Law's DF to control the world. We don't know any details yet, though.

EDIT: Found the panels about it. Note that whatever power the fruit has when used with the treasure, it's something separate from its ability to grant eternal life.

DFf7et3.png

rcwP2nm.png

The "treasure" could be whatever Uranus is, since it's the one Ancient Weapon we know nothing about.

oKaMkbq.gif

Flame Dragon

Flame Dragon

Ancient YCMer

• Super Moderators
  • 22,834 posts

One could argue her powers made things too convenient, but I just find it too funny, her just getting dragged all over the place against her will the entire time. Like how Caesar was during Dressrosa.

As for Doflamingo, all we know is that he blackmailed the WG with his knowledge of their "national treasure" that, if shared, would "shake the world to its very core." And that it can be used in conjunction with Law's DF to control the world. We don't know any details yet, though.

EDIT: Found the panels about it. Note that whatever power the fruit has when used with the treasure, it's something separate from its ability to grant eternal life.
DFf7et3.png
rcwP2nm.png

The "treasure" could be whatever Uranus is, since it's the one Ancient Weapon we know nothing about.

Her powers have been super convenient but I don't mind it too much. It started in the hands of the enemy and they beat her in order to use it. For this type of thing I think thats a good way to earn it.

Yea, thats what I was thinking of. Oda isn't one to leave an introduced concept hanging. I'm certain what ever it is will come into play at some point.

On that note, I'm calling Reiju saving Big Mom from the poison.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users