Official One Piece Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

[spoiler=919]Wow, I don't know how I didn't see this coming. There's been plenty of hints, too, now that I think about it. Like Momonosuke talking about meeting Roger. I wonder if Oden's wife is the one who caused it with her "curse."

And while time travel can normally be very iffy, if they've only been sent forward and there's no back-and-forth then it's a bit easier to deal with, at that point it's almost the same as them faking their own deaths and being put in stasis for 20 years. I'm sure Oda-sensei will manage to make it work well regardless.

But man, One Piece has done so much crazy stuff that I sometimes forget all the other different kinds of elements (like time travel) that can make things even crazier.

I think I'll have to reread Zou to see all the foreshadowing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Chapter 921]

Kaido being an eastern dragon mythical Zoan actually surprised me, but makes sense if we consider the Japan theme of Wano and the arc. I could foresee he would be a Zoan fruit user, but the idea of him being actually a dragon never crossed my mind. In my defense, he could have been anything, most of Kaido henchmen were mammal Zoan or SMILE users plus his title of beast as well as his horn misled me towards thinking of a mammoth-like animal like Jack, and I guess Momonozuke being a pseudo-dragon kind of made me discard another dragon user as an option. Not to mention he also could have been an actual oni.

Yeah, I wouldn't say Jack's a total jobber yet, but it was hilarious seeing the fat samurai (who seems to be one of the old allies they're looking for) get one on him like that.

Yea, he has not looked good at any point. Like, he WAS fighting cat and dog in a continuous fight while they were getting time to reset, but the flip at the very start of that fight doesn't really have that defense. Its just really interesting seeing how Oda is treating him vs. the other 1 billion man. Watch Zoro fight him and he continues to be a jobber. Seriously, Zoro has not has a serious fight since the time skip since his fight vs. Pika was super one sided.

I don't know if you've ever watched Tom and Jerry, but err...it doesn't end well for those cats

I watched YEARS ago. It is going to be interesting to see how they do ultimately defeat Kaido since Luffy is likely the strongest one there and is nowhere near Big Mom's, and by extension Kaido's, level.

My guess is it will involved a LOT of Super Novas. As it stands 8 of them are there and 5 are actively fighting him. Hawkins is also live to join given his run in with Law.

[spoiler=922]Luffy's had a lot of Leeroy Jenkins moments, but I think this one takes the cake (aside from probably his charge on the Admirals/Garp/Sengoku at Marineford). Holy sheet. I got a huge kick out of Kaido being drunk, but holy sheet this turned real quick. I'm reeling. 2 chapters in a row Oda (and the whole time travel revelation was only 3 chapters ago as well), why you gotta do me like this. This arc's amazing.

Also, Shutenmaru being Ashura Douji is even more confirmed.

I swear to god, if Oda trolls us by cutting back to Reverie next week...

[spoiler=welp]Lmao, of course Kaido is drunk. He's never this cheerful.

But holy sheet, that reveal last chapter. I would've believed Kaido was a Yonkou just cause he's impossible even for the World Government to sentence to death, but this is way cooler. Then again, the fact that his subordinates are all animal types, I should've expected something like this, but still.

Archived