Official One Piece Anime & Manga Discussion Thread

Yeah. If it would've been longer I would've liked it more. But at least we got to see Whitebeard in action. Finally!

What will Akainu's power be do you think? I say a lava logia type.

I'm going to agree. Even if it isn't Lava (it may be to much like Ace's power) it will likely be logia and also likely have something to do with the color red.

Also' date=' what do you think Marco's devil fruit power is. Wiki says it may be a Zoan fruit giving him the ability to transform into a dragon or phoenix. If it's a dragon I'm going to be mad because that would be my df power.

[/quote']

Akainus Magma Power is confirmed in chapt 554.

And because Usopp got so fat on the bug/thief-island, do you think he's learning Life Feedback? Or is he losing his weight in the normal way? Because I think that every member learns something on the island they were sent to.

Hatchan might make a good addition...

Okay' date=' so we have 3 potiential crew members:

Hatchan

Perona

Hancock

Would Camie be one or not? She doesn't really have any combat skills except being the fastest thing on no legs underwater.

[/quote']

Hatchen is the most plausible here, although they already have a swordsman...

Perona won't join (but it would cool) because Usopp killed her Bearsy.

And Hancock is much too freaky, I think. A former Shichibukai in the crew would be somwhat overdone.

I think they get any Fishman/girl, because of the fishtank they got on the Sunny. Not Caimie, as she's weaker than Chopper in his normal form. And she doesn't seem to have a sad history. BUT HANCOCK HAS!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One Piece is Awesome!! Can't you tell by my sig? (hint hint Luffy would win.) I had stopped watching because of school' date=' but i made it up to Moria. does anyone know what happens next?

[/quote']

I'll try to summarize what has happened since Brook joins the crew. I'll also try to spoile as little as possible.

They make it to the half way mark of the Grand Line, however to advance they need to sail underwater.

They meat a Mermaid, she's kidnapped. They save her and meet Hatchi (reading the cover shorts you would have known that he had escaped the Marines). They forgive him and he takes them to a place where they make the ship sail underwater.

They go their and you meet the other big rookies that all have bounties of 100 million or more. Luffy is second in bounty rank.

The Mermaid is once again kidnapped and put up for sail. The world leaders try to buy her, but Luffy and crew stop them causing an Admiral to come to the island.

Luffy's crew gets destroyed by the Admiral and a Warlord of the Sea and because of the Warlord the key gets divided

Luffy lands on an island of warrior women. They try to kill him, but he is able to fend them off.

Luffy is able to make friends with the tribe of warriors and they offer to take him back to the island where every one got separated, however he learns that Ace is going to be killed and he decides he must save his brother

Luffy breaks into the place where his brother is being held and during his time there he meets Buggy, the Baroque Works agents, and a few other key characters.

He is unable to escape, but without Ace and so he continues to chase after his brother into the very heart of the World Government

He arrives their and you watch the war between White Beard and the Government. You also learn that Ace and Luffy aren't real brothers.

As of the last chapter Luffy has once again been beaten down because of all the hell he has undergone in the past 50 chapters, but he is able to have a quick fix and is about to rejoin the battle.

• 1 month later...

Yes I know this thread is a bit old, but this section moves slowly and since I know this exists I'd rather just bump it.

Let me just say wow. The last few chapters of OP have not disappointed in the least. The last chapter, the one that just came out, left me speechless. Just the way the events happened it is just so perfect, but so sad. When I saw the "end" that only made it worse since I really want to know what happens next. Also As I said earlier I thought to have a lavl based logie would be a bit like Ace, but this chapter shows how different the two are in terms of power.

Again, keep spoilers to a minimum, so please use white text or spoilers.

I like One Piece' date=' but I am only at the last Arabasta arc

[/quote']

Feel so bad for you. After the next major arc (Skypia) things get REALLy good. It was around that time that I read over 250 chapters. I just couldn't stop.

Also I'm not sure if I've said this but my fav arc would have to be the CP9 one. If not that odds are the one we are in now.

Yea, I've been reading the spoilers for the new chapter.

Yea.................Ace is dead :( :( :cry:. As much as I hate Oda right now, I have to give him respect for doing this. It takes nerve to kill a main character. Plus this is one of the few times I've seen when things didn't some how work out for the main character.

Actually, it's not typical for Oda to let present characters die. He even let Arlong survive. This either means that the One Piece style changes or that something superspecial happens.

I don't think it's a big problem that Ace's dead now. If he survived, he just would've disappeared for at least 5 arcs. From all characters, Ace was the best to die (ignoring side charcters like Inazuma).

Inazuma rocks, though.

Currently, I'm more interested in how the SH will come together again.

Actually' date=' it's not typical for Oda to let present characters die. He even let Arlong survive. This either means that the One Piece style changes or that something superspecial happens.

I don't think it's a big problem that Ace's dead now. If he survived, he just would've disappeared for at least 5 arcs. From all characters, Ace was the best to die (ignoring side charcters like Inazuma).

Inazuma rocks, though.

Currently, I'm more interested in how the SH will come together again.

[/quote']

My vote is the super special happening.

And I really want to know how the crew comes back together again too. A big hint was dropped when Oda said this is Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year old meaning we might get some kind of time jump.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/574/01/

The new chapter is finally up.

Well, I don't think that Luffy is able to fight right now. I think the arc is over now, as Ace's death was the target. Maybe Silvers shows up or Kuma beams a bit. Or Whitebeard just puts them all on the ship and throws them away and then bombs the whole Marine Ford. We'll see in the next chapt, I think. Maybe Buggy gets his big appearance.

Archived