so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

People have suggested making a general discussion thread for RPs, so I've decided to implement it. However, there will be a couple of rules.

1) [b]No offtopic discussion.[/b] This thread is only to be used for the public discussion of RP plots and ideas. Nothing else.
2) [b]Keep posts to a minimum here.[/b] Post as much information as you can at once, so you can circumvent the need for many posts on one subject.
3) [b]No asking for sign-ups.[/b] This thread is for planning, not advertising.
4) [b]Comments should be [i]constructive[/i].[/b] No randomly saying "this idea sucks!" or anything like that.
5) [b]Provide plot.[/b] Like, at least a short summary of what you plan on doing. No just posting "Who wants ___?"

More rules may be added as time goes on. Well, let's start~

[hr]
Last three ideas from [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/168571-so-i-herd-u-liek-planning-arr-pees-rp-public-planning-thread/"]the old thread[/url]. Feel free to continue previous discussions.

[quote name='encapturer' timestamp='1342954922' post='5985383']
Since I came back, I've been throwing around an idea in my head for a new RP...
One where the characters are reality warpers, except they don't know it yet, and their abilities are subconscious in the beginning. The setting would be an island city, recently cut off from the rest of civilization, and filled with normal people who were all, until recently, just trying to live their lives.
Since the player characters can all reshape reality, things can get crazy. My current idea is to seperate the powers into various 'spheres of influence', like [Life], [Destruction], [Law], [Glamour], [Chaos], and so on, and having each player selecting one or two spheres. And if they want to us their abilities to change something, a GM will need to OK it. And yes, there is some overlap, and this is intentional. The characters should have the capability of doing alot of things, but it needs to be controlled (though not to say that they won't get *new* abilities, but I'm still working out the kinks in that)
This is a rough overview, but what do you think? Am I completely insane? Or is this something that I should continue working on?
EDIT: I've already started it, with a few changes to make it flow better. Right now I'm dropping the GM approval on power use; instead I'll let the players use them at will. They'll have a limited amount of points in each sphere of influence, which grows as the game goes on. Stronger effects need more points, and trying to use them while not spending enough points is a bad idea. The effect may not go through quite right. There may be unintended side effects. Or, if the player was really brazen (or was trying to troll the RP), they could also lose their resistance to magic as well as letting any player use any effect on them at any level at minimal cost. It's a control method; if a player really pissed off everyone else, then after the magic drop another player can easily get rid of the offender if they're willing to spend a magic point.
[/quote]

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1343371259' post='5990032']
*sigh* Took a while to figure out this RP idea I had stuck in my head for the past couple of days, but I [i]finally[/i] figured it out. Well... at least enough so that the idea is even [i]remotely[/i] presentable -_-
Anyway, what I was thinking for my original RP:
In the far-off future, Earth is over-populated, and is now starting to become an undesirable planet to call home. However, the humans inhabiting Earth have still not researched an effective means to transport their surplus brethren over to another planet, and even if they [i]had[/i], they've still yet to find a planet out there that can support human life. But they never get the chance. All of a sudden, all [i]hell[/i] breaks loose on every quadrant of the Earth. Civil war breaks out all over [i]one[/i] quadrant, whilst in another, humans and animals alike are suffering from a mysterious illness, most likely a poison of sorts. Famine grips a third quadrant of the Earth, with sources of water drying up, and plants, animals and the odd human dying as a result. The final quadrant is cursed with one colossal misfortune after another, each of which takes the lives of hundreds, even [i]thousands[/i] of humans at a time.
Not long after having to endure the horrors of their current blight, a group of human soldiers have been transported through the fabrics of time and into the medieval era. You control one of these soldiers, and must delegate between you a series of missions that, if successful, would prevent the devastation from occurring ever again. However, your first priority is to explore your surroundings, and gather intelligence on the civilizations that call these lands home. Thoughts and questions start rushing into your head, but there's one thing you must remember; just by making a [i]single[/i] action, you have the potential to alter history as you know it, whether it be for the better [i]or[/i] for the worse. But your best bet is to refrain from doing anything, unless you can [i]assure[/i] yourself that what you're doing is the right thing to do, or even a necessary evil, to avert this disaster.
Thoughts?
[/quote]

[quote name='Cinnamon Star' timestamp='1343867621' post='5994919']
Sorry if I'm just talking over the last posts. I read them, but my body isn't quite ready for civilization wars and magical powers yet.:'3
But I've been thinking about starting a RP based on the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aria_%28manga%29"]Aria[/url] manga. It's basically full of nature and getting those gondolas around, aka more personal development and little action.
Although if that's too boring, one could also use the setting only and turn it into a crime/murder mystery sort of story (incase you want to see people killed with rows or disappearing in the water, that's just fine).
I'm not set on it or anything, just seeing whether it's worth typing something up.
[/quote]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[url="http://www.imagup.com/data/1158623163.html"][img]http://data.imagup.com/12/1158623163.gif[/img][/url]
YO COME ON GUISE

I'm just reminding people of the existence of this thread.:3

On a second note, Aqua/Aria have been criticized for being too slow-paced and focussing too much on nature descriptions instead of action, so of course one could change that. I just like the setting (AND IT'S ON A TERRAFORMED OTHER PLANET GUYS).

So if anything, I'd just use the background and build a different story on it. Because having killers hiding in those narrow Venice-styled alleys and corpses hidden in the waters sounds damn fine.

That and let some male characters in because everyone besides a fat cat in the manga is a girl.D:

Kk, time for me to post in this thread to actually suggest something. :3

Actually, I have three ideas. They are as follows - I'd like to see which you're more interested in.

1) A reboot of my Pokémon RP [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/237843-prototype/"]Prototype[/url], which only died because I left on a foreign exchange trip a week after it started. It takes place in New York City (although the reboot may make the location more generic), where multiple animals have woken up to discover they've mutated into bizarre forms and have received equally unusual powers. Unbeknownst to them, however, these powers were due to them being fused with "Pokémon," creatures from another universe. This will be unique in that for a good portion of the RP, the term Pokémon will not be used - it will more be about the various affected creatures coming to terms with their new abilities and discovering what it all means.

2) An original RP, superficially resembling a fusion of the manga/light novel Gosick and the aesthetics of the Meiji era of Japan. It will take place in a fictional country located somewhere in southern Europe, and although I can't reveal too much about the plot yet, a major theme will be about the discrimination of a "subspecies" of the population that possesses psychic and telekinetic abilities. Outside of that, though, there will be few if any other fantastical elements.

3) If Hydra's Bleach RP falls through, I would really like to take a crack at one with similar themes.

I signed up for the Prototype RP and I was disappointed to see it end before it could start. I would totally join a remake of it. However, I don't see what kind of plot could come of it. If the characters are animals, how will they come together if they aren't sentient Disney animals? What is the driving force that keeps the group together? What do they hope to accomplish?

[quote name='Otaku-sama' timestamp='1344304937' post='5999618']
I signed up for the Prototype RP and I was disappointed to see it end before it could start. I would totally join a remake of it. However, I don't see what kind of plot could come of it. If the characters are animals, how will they come together if they aren't sentient Disney animals? What is the driving force that keeps the group together? What do they hope to accomplish?
[/quote]

I actually have come up with a more solid plot this time around rather than just "animals + powers!", although I don't want to spoil it yet so details are being withheld. Safe to say, however, that it will involve the legendaries and the Pokémon "home world" in a way.

I've been looking at Rpeees for a while now, but there are none which I can really join in on and get to grips with so that Bleach Rpeeee would be a great idea if i'm honest.

Or if worse comes to worse I might make an RPeee of my own, probably something steampunky with a shady plot like Bioshock.

I took a look through old RPs that I've created/been part of and a particular one caught my eyes. Almost two years ago I created an RP simply called Pokémon Academy, and as far as I'm concerned it was the first of its kind, spawning at least a couple of "copies" once the original died. I'm thinking about remaking it, but instead of it taking place at the start of an academy year it will start at the beginning of the last month of the first year, allowing for it to end quickly but still open up for sequels.

The two dorms would this time around be Sun and Moon instead of Black and White, and the school mascots are Solrock and Lunatone. The plot would involve the students taking on exam tests, an end-year tournament and maybe some mischief that needs to be taken care of, probably involving a certain Nightmare Pokémon.

Thoughts on this?

(([url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/224288-pokemon-academy-startedstill-accepting/]Original RP[/url]))

@ Serenade: I would be careful with RPs based on a theme. Often times, the host gets too caught up with the overall ideas and forgets to make a plot that can accommodate unique characters without leaving them to their own devices for too long. I have seen too many steampunk RPs die before they start because of this.

@ Aesirson: I would join such an RP. However, since it would be starting during an exam time, you should encourage all confirmed RPers to establish their character relationships with eachother before starting the RP proper. Also, you would also have to balance action with study time (since it is exams), which can double as character development time.

Well, color me surprised, Aesirson, you made the first Pokemon Academy? Well, I can't say that is to be expected. Everybody has the potential to create such stories, even me; whether you already have it and you're using it now, or you haven't discovered it yet and you want to, or maybe you don't realize you're expressing it as it could blindly be part of your story-telling routines. Regardless, that potential is what makes you a great story-teller, and nobody can take that away from you.

0_0'

Whoops, got carried away there.

Anyway, I have my own ideas to spread:

Firstly, the first RP is mainly like a Criminal Minds spin-off. The main difference between the two in majority is the FBI being replaced with the CIA, and the BAU being replaced with a newly created unit revolved around mainly behavioral analysis and missing persons being the culprits of said cases. These cases would be called "Jack the Ripper" Cases, mainly because these missing persons may no longer see themselves under the identities they used to bear. The Prologue of the RP is meant particularly for early character development and understanding the lives of each main character that'll join the ranks of each unit before the first case.

The second RP is just a remake of a Tekken RP I made a while back that was the sequel to Tekken 6. It has elements of Soul Calibur: Legends, but it also is unique in its own right.

Thoughts?

Thanks for the tips, Otaku! I'll get to work on the OoC-thread immediately.

@C4: I've never watched Criminal Minds, but the RP idea seems good. I like the idea of the "Jack the Ripper" cases, but would these culprits be RPers, or would they be controlled by you and maybe some other GM?

I have no comment on the second idea since I have no knowledge of the Tekken mythos whatsoever.

There's a remake of a roleplay I'm going to make, called Legend Blood. [url=http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/203305-legend-blood-pg-13startedaccepting-ooc/]Last time it failed,[/url] but this time I really want it to succeed right through to the end. I'm editing a few bits so it's more comprehensible and interesting, but I'm also trying to find a better story structure than what I have now...

Legend Blood is a human versus vampire sort of thing on a fantasy world called Lath.
[spoiler=Developed plot]

[center][i]
With blood, a bat hates all
A mere legend to rise or fall
The blessed to disperse
And the rest to be cursed[/i][/center]

[spoiler=Past]
There was once a small and peaceful world called Lath. Two races lived in that world, the first race was the [i]Human race[/i]. These peaceful beings lived a harmonious existence for a long time... this was known as the 'Golden Age of Humans'. But then the second race appeared into this peaceful era.

The formidable [i]Vampire race[/i]. Perhaps they had started off as a mutation of humans, or perhaps as demons with amnesia. In any case, nobody knows anymore.

These long-lived conquerors set out to build great cities and gain dominion over all living things. In time, their aggression enslaved the passive Human race, who were quite pathetic. The Vampires reigned supreme, and the Humans were kept as slaves. This was the 'Golden Age of Vampires'

Divided by hatred, a revolt would soon ensue. With no other choice, the humans tapped into a mystical energy known as 'magic'. They learned it, and when the time was right, a war for freedom began. With unexpected force, they damaged the Vampire kingdom, and with magic began to overpower the Vampires in bloody confrontations. But in the end, neither could defeat the other and had a truce.

The two races, despite their differences, began to coexist with each other, and for a moment you could've believed that it was actually possible to live in harmony together...
[/spoiler]

Lath, a world currently engulfed in war.

At a time when it seemed most likely when the human and vampire races could coexist in peace, less than a century after the war had ended, the young prince Elnaer ascended to the throne and became Vampire Lord over the realm. Unfortunately, it just so happened that he had a deep grudge of humans, and his first order as Vampire Lord was to declare war on them.

Taking the humans by surprise, the vampire kingdom crushed the towns and cities of the humans and killed any on sight. Under the strategic leadership of Lord Elnaer, the humans have been pushed into a corner...

...but within darkness, there is always light. The humans have regrouped for one last stand. The strongest and bravest of them all, aided by the fallen vampire prince Alsa, will have to embark on a perilous quest to free both races of Lord Elnaer's tyranny,

Will you stop Lord Elnaer, or will you join him? Will you uphold, or will you betray? Will you stay sane, or will you go [b]in[/b][i][b]sane[/b]?[/i][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Notes]
*The story will be taking place around the capital city of the vampires, which is called Nuevida.

*If you start out as a human, you're most likely part of a squadron formed by John Alexandra, based in a campsite not too far away from Nuevida. You could've been dragged along for some reason, paid as a mercenary to fight for it, or joined it on your own free will to save the humans or for any personal reason. Otherwise, you're either fighting against them solo, still trying to find the campsite, or a human trapped in prison awaiting execution by vampires.

*If you start out as a vampire, you're probably a soldier or a citizen, or maybe a rebel who protests against Lord Elnaer's rule, or maybe even some child raised by humans in some random anonymous village.

*First off. The world of Lath only has a full moon once every year.

*Second, it's a tiny world, probably only about a quartet as large as Earth...there are no concepts of 'continents', but everything else more or less is the same as our world. Other than the presence of mana-style magic and vampires.

*Humans have a magic medieval-based daily life, while vampires lean more to a version of modern life without technology.

*Magic is only usable by humans, hybrids and vampires with royal blood (distant or oblivious relatives work too).

*[b]Vampires are not transformed humans. [/b]Is this perfectly clear? They are their own race. They have pale-ish skin, high strength/speed, sharp fangs, and a lifespan twice as long as humans. Blood to them is like alcohol to humans; forbidden for youngsters, can get drunk on it, is sorta addictive, tastes better when mixed... but most of the time it comes from animals and not humans
[/spoiler]

I'm worried it's too detailed, or there's something about the plot that I'm missing >.< it's also part of a series, with a prequel and two sequels...well, any ideas?

Otaku, well...my plan is merely to have my character lead them into the vampire city, where they'll then get accidentally separated and end up having to try and regroup, difficultly, probably having to wear disguises and stuff, encountering vampires, some entering prisons to be executed the next day (and saved) while others being given shelter by nice ones, etc., etc. I'm just hoping to generate enough subplots until they're all finally regrouped and storm Lord Elnaer's castle and defeat him RPG-style.

@Merciful: My true concern (because I would clearly join the thing lol) is that the RP really sounds like a mixture of Trinity Blood, and True Blood. You got the Vampire civilzation, the fact that Vampires are more advanced, and only in true blood have I seen drinking Vampire blood have a narcotic effect. All that being said I just wonder what liberties will be taken with vampire-dom?

I think for the story it'll be some Tyrant using the Pokemon. Originally the Pokemon and humans are at war, but they gang up to take down a bigger evil. Also there wouldn't be any rules on how many Pokemon your characters would use. The Tyrant would be trying to take over a legendary to make his evil known.

Archived