so i herd u liek planning moar arr-pees {RP PUBLIC PLANNING THREAD}

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would join it sounds pretty fun, plus I like Pokemon that isn't set "present day". I have also been thinking about starting a role play though I will probably not start until some of my other role plays finish,and I can flesh it out a bit, but the general idea is this I would need at least six characters, though hopefully I could get more. The first six charaters to join would play as guardians(if they wanted to be). Each guardian represents an element(earth, wind, fire, air, light, and dark).Each character's boss card would represent a "sealed" form of the elements. These boss cards are the last cards made by that GX character Chumley, because he becomes a card designer, and I want this to take place in the future and by then pegasus is obviously long dead so I thought might as well have his apprentice. Some guardians are evil some are not what you choose to be is up to you. Comments or suggestions please.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an idea for a Kingdom Hearts RP taking place just before the Keyblade War.
Some of the worlds could be from Pixar movies, and, unlike a usual KH RP, the forces of Light and Darkness are a bit more complex and morally ambiguous.
Also, this could feature characters from earlier Final Fantasy games.
The plot is that the Keyblade Wielders of Light and Darkness kept the universe in balance, but something is setting into motion a series of events that will turn them against each other. Can the conspiracy be uncovered before it's too late?

[u]World Ideas:[/u]
Land of Intersection (eventually becomes the Keyblade Graveyard)
Overworld (based on World from Final Fantasy/FF: Dissidia 012)
Ivalice (based on Final Fantasy Tactics)
The Neighborhood (based on Toy Story)
Ant Island (based on A Bug's Life)
Monstropolis (based on Monsters, Inc.)
Vast Ocean (based on Finding Nemo)
Proving Grounds (based on The Incredibles)
Radiator Springs (based on Cars)
City of Lights (based on Ratatouille)
Ruined World/The Axiom (based on WALL-E)
Paradise Plateau (based on Up)
Realm of Ancient Magic (based on Brave)

Trying to do an original story idea didn't work, so I'd like to take a different tack. Is anyone interested in either a Sword Art Online RP (set alongside canon, so mentions of Kirito, Asuka, etc. will happen) or a [url="http://www.mangareader.net/mahouka-koukou-no-rettousei"]Mahōka Kōkō no Rettōsei[/url] one (basically magitech high school with an emphasis on the tech and some classism)? They're both series that I haven't seen RPed and thought would be fun either way.

@Rinne: I have never heard of either of those, though I will read the second one, but a Mod-hosted RP of course I would sign up

Now sense I have participated in a couple (9 so far yay lol) I want to try hosting one and out of the 3 I have thought of trying the only one that doesn't require a lot of people is a Fairy Tail RP. So that being said would be interested in a Fairy Tail RP.

Great to hear that people are actually behind my ideas for once. :3

But now I'm at an impasse. It seems as if people are more interested in the SAO idea, but now I'm juggling between setting it in either Aincrad or Gun Gale Online, another game that appears in the light novels. Both have similar ideas - one specializes in swords, the other guns - but the major difference is that only one has the whole "you are trapped in here" idea. Is there any favor for one or the other? I'd really like to know before I get going any further.

[quote name='TAGM3' timestamp='1345173771' post='6008808']
Would anyone be interested in a Medieval Pokemon Roleplay? Any questions on it? I've been working on the plot for a little while now.
[/quote]

I think I once started planning one of these with Master Red but nothing ever came of it. It would be interesting for something to happen.
If I remember correctly, I created some places for the idea, but they never got used. If you want I could find them? Contact me and/or Master Red if you want to work with us on a bunch of Ideas that we had.

@TFF, I'm up for any KH Rps. Any with a semi-decent plot will do.

[quote name='Rinne' timestamp='1346807265' post='6019383']
Great to hear that people are actually behind my ideas for once. :3

But now I'm at an impasse. It seems as if people are more interested in the SAO idea, but now I'm juggling between setting it in either Aincrad or Gun Gale Online, another game that appears in the light novels. Both have similar ideas - one specializes in swords, the other guns - but the major difference is that only one has the whole "you are trapped in here" idea. Is there any favor for one or the other? I'd really like to know before I get going any further.
[/quote]

Literally all I know of GGG is Wikipedia's spoiler-free summary of the arc, but I like the idea that SAO went for a bit more. The idea of an immersive alternate-reality slowly taking on elements of a society of its own because nobody can leave it, was one of the more interesting parts of the series, I thought anyway. Besides, it serves as a good explanation why everyone takes the game so darned seriously.

I've been thinking of making a Valkyria Chronicles RP, which I was halfway through constructing while the site was down. This is the plot that I've come up with.

1940. Three years after the Gallian Civil War.

The Atlantic Federation, angered by the death of their most trusted ambassador in Jean Townshend, have plotted a mass invasion over the Principality of Gallia, aiming to cover every angle over their lands and overthrow any armed forces that got in their way. They thought of everything, and even spent a year or two spying on the Gallians as they lived their lives. However, they came across a hurdle; Clementia Förster had started her Valkyrur research from scratch, having acquired a third test subject for her little human experimentations. Seeing this the potential to thwart their entire scheme, the Federation had to come up with a different plan of attack, and that involved crossing over Gallian territory. Luckily, they've devised such a plan before, and this time they were successful in capturing Clementia and her subject.

Now, Clementia is being forced to work for the Federation, as they pump out squadron after squadron of automatons designed to be almost as powerful as the legendary Valkyria themselves. These beings, known only as Artificial Valkyrur, have been known to decimate enemy battalions before, with even a V2 model being more than capable of destroying a Gallian tank with a single blast from its beam. V0 prototype models have been made into the works as well, and reports have shown them to be even more powerful. However, just as the Federation was starting to build its army, Clementia's test subject had escaped the lab, despite her attempts at trying to stop her. But it may have been too little too late. Clementia and her escapee of a test subject had already seemed to have worn out their use to the Federation, and their lives were on the line either way.

Meanwhile, unaware of the situation taking place on the Federation's lands, Lanseal has begun training cadets at its newly repaired Academy, and Avan Hardins has returned to commandeer Class G, being the youngest teacher Lanseal has ever had now that he was at the age of 20. However, Avan still has a long way to go, as Class G is once again filled with individuals that lack motivation, and it's up to him to get them ready to do Lanseal proud. Can Avan bring Class G up to speed? And more importantly, can all seven classes, from Class A through to Class G, fend off the Federation Army when they inevitably come to strike Gallia?

Would anyone be interested? And can anyone think of a better name than Federative Chaos, by any chance? Not exactly proud of it, but that's the best I can come up with =/

[quote name='Hydra of Infernals' timestamp='1346819890' post='6019470']
Literally all I know of GGG is Wikipedia's spoiler-free summary of the arc, but I like the idea that SAO went for a bit more. The idea of an immersive alternate-reality slowly taking on elements of a society of its own because nobody can leave it, was one of the more interesting parts of the series, I thought anyway. Besides, it serves as a good explanation why everyone takes the game so darned seriously.
[/quote]

Mmm, and I can see why people wouldn't want GGO or Alfheim. Mainly b/c the series hasn't gotten there at all.

But, although I have most of the systems for the RP written out, I'm still debating how and where to start the plot and where I want it to go. Hardest part in making an RP if you ask me, especially since it needs to be set alongside canon events for it to make sense at all. I'd like to keep an RP that has an MMORPG theme, but I'm wondering whether I should just try to make an original setting. ;=;

(If anyone has suggestions feel free to PM me.)

I was thinking about creating a Doctor Who RP, due to the series coming back. Would anyone be interested? I'm think about 6 Timelords (Enough to fly a single tardis perfectly) escape somehow, with one of them being against the others for some reason, though none of them know who it is. They travel together for a bit, a couple of companions with them for a bit, and then either the bad Guy is discovered or finds an opportune moment and steals the Tardis. Then there's 5 timelords trapped on a planet while the other Time Lord starts to mess with the universe. Anyone interested? (I know it's basic and not so good at the moment, but I thought of it only yesterday quickly while watching the new episode.)

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1346811213' post='6019415']
I think I once started planning one of these with Master Red but nothing ever came of it. It would be interesting for something to happen.
If I remember correctly, I created some places for the idea, but they never got used. If you want I could find them? Contact me and/or Master Red if you want to work with us on a bunch of Ideas that we had.

@TFF, I'm up for any KH Rps. Any with a semi-decent plot will do.
[/quote]

Yeah sorry about that. End of year at uni and then s*** tonnes of work over the summer caused me to have basically no free time at all :S

But we're back on this again and if you would want to you could help us with the planning (still unfinished argh!), so just hit us up if you like :)

I was randomly thinking about Minecraft RPs, since I do remember joining one quite a while ago, about a few months before I left for ages >.>
Since I'm a sucker for Minecraft, I got thinking about ideas for one.
I haven't quite yet decided on anything plot related, was more thinking on the technicalities of such an RP, since the last one was fairly unclear on how the 2x2 head crafting space worked and how blocks were placed and basically all that.

My idea, as far as that goes, was to explain it all using telekinesis. So, all Minecrafters was telekinetics, able to manipulate the enviroment with their minds. But this brand of telekinesis is a little more direct-contact based, or inventory based.
Each Minecrafter has a mental capacity, which is the size of our 'inventory'. Here they can mentally store the items they collect throughout their adventures. When they, say, punch a tree down, their mind acts like an automatic vacuum, sucking up the wood that drops.

When it comes to placing blocks, it would be a simple matter of concentrating on the item in your mental inventory and imagining it in the place you want. If you have a short attention span, you'd be the sort who double-places (like when people lag in the actual game) or cycles through their inventory and places the wrong thing entirely.)

With crafting - as far as the 2x2 grid is concerned, you'd have to be able to concentrate. Minecrafters can imagine this grid - a part of their mental inventory - and put the items they want to craft in it. And if you have a short attention span, you'd be the sort to frequently misplace your raw wood and try and make sticks by placing them in the 1x2 way :D

And then the crafting table would be a simple matter of taking the item out of their inventory mentally and bring them onto the physical plane in a similar way to placing, but instead have the small block. Then they physically shove the materials together. If the recipe is assembled properly, the crafting table projects a holographic image of the item it would create. And then you mentally focus on said holograph and BOOM make some of that item. A short attention span would probably be the sort to fill their entire inventory with planks when they only wanted to make 20 planks, hehe.

That's as far as I've got so far, and since I have a nice school holidays to go mad I can work on the idea.

• 3 weeks later...

A Magic: the Gathering RP, focusing on planeswalkers traveling across various planes in pursuit of the plot. (Lots of p's there.) The actual game won't come into play, so you don't need to know the rules, and as long as you're willing to read a bit of backstory there's a lot of room for character creation. Does that sound appealing to anyone?

I've got a name for the RP: Guidance - Through the Dark Lights

Plot: The world as we know it has changed drastically due to an unknown asteroid crashing into the sun. Scientists thought the asteroid would disintegrate due to the heat, but they were wrong...very wrong. The asteroid reacted with the Sun's composition and eventually a very brief and very thin as well as weak burst occurred, traveling throughout the entire solar system, and it reached Earth. No one paid much attention to it except for the fascinating spectacle, a world wide aurora borialis, that took place shortly after the burst passed. A week later, a small yet precise meteoroid shower rained over the lands. Buildings were destroyed, people were killed in the mass hysteria, and most importantly...the mutations began. In the mist of this new chaotic world, Vires now reign, and the remnants of humanity must now learn to adapt to it's new world...or be consumed by the insanity.

The meteoroid shower left a key though: "Fragments". Could these be the key to restoring things to their original state?

So what do you guys think? Also, the aim is PG-16 for:
Gore
Disturbing description
Occasional language
Suggestive themes
Moderate-Intense Violence

Doesn't sound like a very gory RP or anything. PG-13 seems more realistic.
Also, your spelling/grammar needs improving, and your science seems off. It would merely be a world wide Aurora, not Aurora Borealis, as the Aurora Borealis is a specifically northern phenomenon; the southern hemisphere witnesses the Aurora Australis instead.
What kind of 'burst' were you think of, and you need to give more detail on this asteroid. How big is it, and what is it made of; because most things would be incinerated by the sun's heat - 5000[sup]o[/sup]C on the surface; that's quite hot. And if the asteroid reacted to the Sun's composition, it would've reacted to anything else. The sun is Hydrogen with a bit of Helium; not hard to come by as they're the oldest and most common elements in the universe.
And where did these meteor's come from? If an asteroid crashed into the sun, and (somehow) survived, it would mostly pelt the planets before us or miss; most likely miss. We'd get tiny fragments which would barely hit us.

It's called crazy science. The idea just came, and I went for it with no "thought process" done into it just yet. After all, idk if it would sound good or not.

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1349904505' post='6041778']
Doesn't sound like a very gory RP or anything. PG-13 seems more realistic.
[b]Also, your spelling/grammar needs improving[/b].
[/quote]

This made my day, given the fact that I've used (herp derp) spell check.

Taylor Mali did a poem called The Impotence of Proofreading that is quite appropriate here. As for the overall story it really comes across kind of X-menish. Being that something happened and now people mutated. Though that leads me to ask are Vires mutated humans or something else.

I mean I don't hate the idea but what is the battle here. Us vs. Vires, Us vs. the new apocalyptic world, or what?

Tbqh, just seems kinda bland and a waste of potential. You have a post-apocalyptic society to deal with, so if you really wanted to get interesting you could focus more on how mutants play a role in rebuilding the world instead of "oh, everyone has powers, now let's go fight aliens." More political intrigue than straight-out action.

Also, no love for my idea? ;3;
[quote]A Magic: the Gathering RP, focusing on planeswalkers traveling across various planes in pursuit of the plot. (Lots of p's there.) The actual game won't come into play, so you don't need to know the rules, and as long as you're willing to read a bit of backstory there's a lot of room for character creation. Does that sound appealing to anyone?[/quote]

Archived