magic shifters, redone!

Updated and revamped!

The artwork was chosen when I only wanted them to apply to equip cards

As they are, they work well with the tag force version of infinite prison
http://yugioh.wikia....Infinite_Prison

New versions are above old versions

NEW

magicshifterinitiate2.png

This card is always also treated as Warrior-Type. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up Spell/Trap Card on the field; If that target was orignally a monster, Special Summon it to your field. If it would be sent to an opponnet's graveyard: banish it instead. If that target was not originally a monster: special summon it to your field as a normal monster (Spellcaster-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 1000/DEF 1000). (Its effects on the field as a spell/trap card are negated.)

OLD

magicshifterinitiate.png

This card is always also treated as Warrior-Type. This card cannot be attacked if you control other monsters, other than "Magic Shifter" monsters. Once per turn: You can target 1 Monster Card on the field that is treated as a Spell Card; Special Summon that target to your field. Banish it when it leaves the field.

NEW (It needs to be this size so that it will be readable when I print it on my photo printer)

magicshiftermaster2.png

This card is always also treated as Warrior-Type. If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon or Set this card without Tributing. Once per turn: You can target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field, if that target is face-down, you must also discard 1 card; If that target was orignally a monster, Special Summon it to your field. If it would be sent to an opponent's graveyard: banish it instead. If that target was not originally a monster: special summon it to your field as a normal monster (Spellcaster-Type/LIGHT/Level 5/ATK 2000/DEF 2000). (Its effects on the field as a spell/trap card are negated.)

OLD

magicshiftermaster.png

This card is always also treated as Warrior-Type. If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). If you do: this card cannot be used for a synchro or xyz summon this turn. This card cannot be attacked if you control other monsters, other than "Magic Shifter" monsters. Up to twice per turn: You can target 1 Monster Card on the field that is treated as a Spell Card; Special Summon that target to your field. Banish it when it leaves the field.

are they any more playable now?

• 3 months later...

Ignoring Infinite Prison since it isn't a real card, let me just say this is a pretty cool idea for cards.

Problem is, the two cards are pretty much identical, I'll never use the first one honestly, since the second one exists except for maybe some gimmicky Immortal Bushi-type deck.

And aside from that, there aren't really a lot of cards that treat monsters as Spell / Trap cards, and the ones that do generally aren't used, so you really have to focus your deck around that idea.

However, the second card really has a niche as a Cyber Dragon in that Immortal Bushi deck I mentioned. It'll never be tier, and that restriction about Xyz / Synchro'ing with it hurts, but it could be a fun card there.

I really don't think it needs that second clause though, it's not overly powerful and there are better ways to summon Rank 5 monsters and most Synchros.

[quote name='Caeda' timestamp='1352255419' post='6062761']
Ignoring Infinite Prison since it isn't a real card, let me just say this is a pretty cool idea for cards.

Problem is, the two cards are pretty much identical, I'll never use the first one honestly, since the second one exists except for maybe some gimmicky Immortal Bushi-type deck.

And aside from that, there aren't really a lot of cards that treat monsters as Spell / Trap cards, and the ones that do generally aren't used, so you really have to focus your deck around that idea.

However, the second card really has a niche as a Cyber Dragon in that Immortal Bushi deck I mentioned. It'll never be tier, and that restriction about Xyz / Synchro'ing with it hurts, but it could be a fun card there.

I really don't think it needs that second clause though, it's not overly powerful and there are better ways to summon Rank 5 monsters and most Synchros.
[/quote]

Your words inspired the revamp I did

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived