Pokémon Academy: The Original Remade [IC][PG-13]

Aesirson

"Oh, Aero I know you care about Pokemon, but there's nothing we can do at this point, it's her Gyarados to deal with, and hopefully she'll show restraint, and as for Brighton Plusle will handle him," Ice replied to her friend with a grin.

Again taking Aero's hand she walked him up and said, "Right now the only person I care about is you I want to make sure my best friend is fine you are my number 1 priority right now."

"Aero you are an amazing friend and an even better Pokemon Trainer, I know that some day you will make into the big leagues maybe even become Champion, but for know you're here with me so let me take care of you," Ice whispered.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait wait wait wait... whaaaaaaaaa.....aaaaatt? Suddenly, it was a lot harder to Areo to think. "Um, y- yeah, thanks a lot for the encouragement, Ice!" He told her with a big smile, trying to stop himself from collapsing into a puddle of happiness. She cares, she cares~ though he really doubted himself becoming a champion. Such a thing seemed so far away...

"Thank you." He repeated, this time in a more serene time, looking at her in the eyes. Her eyes weren't natural, but being of a beautifully violet color he just couldn't help but admire them, nearly losing himself in them. "Honestly. But if it comes to being champion, I'm certain you have a better chance of that than me."

And then he laughed faintly a bit, still feeling like he could disapparate into a puddle at any given moment.

"Oh I don't think so my forte is contests anyhow I have no intrest in battling I want to show off my Pokemon in a fashion where everyone can see there beauty, and besides my Pokemon are some of the weakest in the whole class I could never do things like Cynthia, or Flint did last night do the Sinnoh Tournament," Ice said and then she blushed,"thank you though for thinking that way though, and besides your a much better trainer than I am I mean look at your Pokemon's speeed it's marvelous, nobodies Pokemon even come close to achieing the kind of speed they do." Again Ice smiled having Aero around was always a blessing he never said anything mean to her, and she would never take him for granted.

"...That guy.."

Brighton blinked as he was quite sure this boorish statement was referring to him. He looked puzzled for a second. Confused by the fact that he had angered the moon people which seemed to be a reoccurring theme throughout the year. He would show up and be beautiful and they would take attitude, but they are the Moon vastly inferior being jealous of the opulence and elegance of sun. Sad because the Sun is such a generous being, the sun doesn't complain as the moon gets credit for being so radiant at night when it is actually just the suns rays being reflected off the moon. Similarly this school receives high acclaim because of its students which the good ones mainly come from the Sun dorm but the Moon dorm gets credit by association. The statements of the inferior can be dismissed though but to set the record straight...

[color=#ff8c00]Oh Areo I don't treat my pokemon like servants. We are all beautiful creatures trying to help each other achieve maximum beauty. If you spent...well ANY amount of time trying to beautify you would see that one cannot do it alone. But I do not fault you, for you are of the Moon dorm thriving in darkness, black, dank spaces where no one can see you, no real room for beauty. I suggest we get ready for class we are holding up what will surely be a beautiful lesson though if you learned anything about how to be more beautiful then I would say it is worth it. [/color]

He then turned and looked at Icy [color=#ff8c00]"..ugh"[/color] he scoffed and turned away waiting for this lesson to begin.

"Silence you idiot," Ice said coldly to Brighton "You understand nothing about Pokemon, and this beauty you speak is on the outside inside though you are a cold, bitter thing without no beauty at all, your vain ways disgust me and it's time someone put a stop to it, I challenge you to a 1-on-1 battle between yourself and one of your Pokemon and me and my Roselia, but first Plusle would like to give you something." With that Plusle sent a Spark attack right Brighton's way.

Areo by now couldn't control his mad smiling. "Really....? Thank you very much, so very much!" He thanked her. "You know, you're a really good friend, Ice, and sometimes I think I even-"

Then Brighton came along with his comment, and a dark shadow went over his face.

That.

Is.

IT.

"Brighton of the Sun dorm." He addressed Mr Beautiful directly, in a clear and icy-cold voice. Perhaps this was the first time he had said anything directly to Brighton. "You, me, battle, after school. Exams can wait. Do you accept? Or are you a coward?"

That was it. Redwood snapped.

"SKYTERAE! DAYE!" He roared. "Shut your damn mouths, both of you and sit down!"

While Redwood was indeed a very strict teacher, it was unusual for him to snap like this.

"And Ms. Rosewood, would you please get that serpent away from here!?" He pointed to the Gyarados who had started all of this nonsense. "As a matter of fact, can everyone get their Pokémon into their Pokéballs so that I can start this lesson already?"

Everyone did as they were told and Redwood seem to calm down. He looked at everyone who had gathered.

"You kids need to learn how to control your Pokémon." He coughed, looked at his papers and then at the crowd of students. Some of them were still not there, but Redwood decided that they would have to suit themselves. "Okay. Today we are going to prepare you for the battling exam, and the GP, that takes place in about a month. I was going to call for volunteers to participate in a battle, but I guess I'll just let Mr Skyterae and Mr Daye settle their scores on the arena right now instead of using their studying hours on such matters. If you may?"

He pointed towards the two sides of the arena, urging Brighton and Areo to take either side and prepare for their battle.

"It will be a one on one, whichever Pokémon that is knocked out first loses. No switching."

Brighton reached into his bag and through a couple of batteries in the way of the spark attack which simply recharged them and they fell effortlessly and quite gracefully into his bag.

[color=#ff8c00]Thanks I lent my battery charger to one of my dormmates I thought I would be able to see him in class today but this will probably buy me enough time till I see them after school. Anywho...what? Oh battles..,fine I'll play with both of you after school it should serve as community service requirement for my extracurricular activities.[/color] He said all of this with his back facing towards them in his chair because well they are the moon dorm always coming from behind the sun. It was their place in life. His dismissive tone was slightly condescending because he found Icy's behavior to be quite hideous. Attacking people with pokemon, challenging students during the middle of class, attacking a student while he was in close proximity to a member of the faculty..ugh why she wasn't expelled is just another mystery of life. But one cannot stress over it because stress leads to premature wrinkles and who wants that at such a young age.

He turned back towards the two and wondered why they were still standing class has started. [color=#ff8c00]Are you going to sit down now?[/color]

He then looked to the side and saw a fellow dormmate Shawn the intellectual..Ah brilliance what a beautiful quality to have in a person of course he would be a member of the Sun Dorm, and talking to him would be a nice change of pace from slumming with the ugos behind him. Well at least they were behind him reflexive if their proper place in life.

[color=#ff8c00]Shawn how are you? Have you come up with any brilliant strategies for future battles after watching last nights games?[/color]

"Oh well I knew it Mr. Perfect can't battle for sh*t, ha and he always complains about how the Sun out shine's the Moon when he's worse at battling than most of us in the moon dorm, oh well I guess I could understand being afraid, return Plusle," Ice said toke Aero's hand and they turned around. Usually Ice was soft spoken and didn't enjoy confrontation, but she couldn't help it the way he carried himslef made her lose her cool.

"Oh no and don't bother to reply, because we all know your going to make a big speech I mean no wonder your so thin your mouth must do the excersice for you, is it sore at the end of the day, because it seems to be moving constantly, by the way are you always such a prick, is that how your kind is groomed at a young age," Ice replied back turned she smiled though surely this would get him angry.

"Ice, you can relax." He reassured her. "I will defeat him."

His face now expressionless, but with a doubtless cold fixture upon it, he walked over to one side of the arena, with a Pokeball in hand. He was doing this partially in place of Ice, and partially doing this for himself. This Pokeball that he held, it held his strongest Pokemon so far. Noctowl. While it wasn't his fastest (that was Taillow), it was his strongest in terms of power, and also his main combatant. Ice was there when it had evolved from a Hoothoot into a fullgrown brown owl. While the Pokemon was actually nocturnal, and preferred battling at night, right now what Areo needed was a Pokemon strong enough to take down any Pokemon Mr Perfection brought out. And Noctowl always somehow seemed to understand whenever it was a serious situation.

"Go, Noctowl!" He called out, and tossed his Pokeball into the air. With a flash of red energy, an owl Pokemon with a triangular pattern on it appeared, flying in the air and ready for battle.

For a moment, the Noctowl rotated its head by 180 degrees in a rather creepy fashion, but this only meant it was thinking. Brighton was the enemy, as would be whatever Pokemon he brought up. Once it was done thinking, its head retuned to normal, and Areo awaited whichever Pokemon his opponent might bring out.

[color=#000000]Gyarados growled as Taillow escaped its grasp, and was called back before it could retaliate to a Gust that was blown to its face. Still, if that was the best that Taillow could do, then Gyarados might as well have been invulnerable, and that in turn meant that a battle between the two of them could only go one way. But Gyarados still had a score to settle with this new-found nemesis of its, and that score was going to be settled one way or another.[/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, over to the west a couple feet...[/color]

[color=#800080]"How in Arceus' name does a Taillow acting up having [i]anything[/i] do with...?!" [/color][color=#000000]Rose attempted to protest, before Brighton had intervened, and everything just downright [i]snowballed[/i] from there, [/color][color="#800080"][i]'Never mind, I'll just tell the professor [/i][/color][b][color="#800080"][i]everything[/i][/color] [/b][i][color=#800080]once this is all over...'[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]Eventually Professor Redwood snapped, which was unusual of him, and got everything under control. As instructed, everyone had returned their Pokemon to their Pokeballs, before she [i]herself[/i] did so, Rose managed to slip in a reassuring pep talk to her angered Gyarados.[/color]

[color=#800080]"None of this is your fault, Gyarados... [i]none[/i] of it,"[/color][color=#000000] she stated in a sorrowful and affectionate tone, before withdrawing Gyarados and watching the battle at hand.[/color]

"Thank you Aero," as always he was defending her. Ice was amazed as he tossed out Noctowl she remabered when it evolved ishe had been there it was thing of true beauty, unlike the the uglyess that Brighton liked to refer to as beauty. It's wings where a lovely dark brown and she adored the color. She thought and whatever Pokemon Brighton brought out would certainly be crushed by Aero's strongest Pokemon. She toke her place as well in the stands to watch the battle, and she couldn't wait for Brighton to lose.

Shawn placed his book into his bag as he replied to the always beautiful seeking Brighton. [b][color=#006400]“I watched a bit of it and it was interesting and all of the trainers I saw battling at the Sinnoh League on TV were outstanding…”[/color][/b] he responded casually with a hint of a whisper as he saw Professor Redwood being angry about the feud between Brighton and two Moon Dorm students.

As it was declared once again that the battle will be between Sun and Moon again, he signed as without any opinion, he was forced to support Brighton. Not that he even needed an option to consider for as he had to give his support to the Sun because it was his duty to. [color=#006400][b]“Good luck…Brighton,”[/b][/color] he said as he glared at the Moon trainer, Areo who called out a Noctowl before looking back at Brighton.[color=#006400][b] “This could once and for all end the rivalry or make it worse for everyone…No pressure though,”[/b][/color] he said smiling casually as he relaxed himself as he then began to wait for the battle to begin.

[color=#ff8c00]Thank you Shawn but come now there Moon dormers what are we expecting here?[/color]

He proceeded to get up and make his way to the arena of course the moon girl had something to say about this turn of events. He was mad though, the professor seemed angry at him. But it was clear what happened. The combined ugliness of the two moon dormers got so dense that it created an ugly blackhole, the blackhole of hideousness was so powerful that it sucked in Brighton's most beautiful light and therefore he got hit in the professors crossfire. This slumming battle was just to punishment for letting his beauty falter ever so slightly. He wanted to reply to Icy's comment but Sun does not shine while the moon is out. In fact it kindly lets the moon have its own space for a period of time. So following the example of the superior sun he simple gave a gentle bow to Icy acknowledging that she said...something.

Meanwhile he looked at Areo with his Noctowl flapping around. Hmmm not the ugliest bird ever...meh he shrugged. Brighton shook his head and took a pose for the rest of the class to see.

[color=#ff8c00]GO FORTH AND SHINE!! DRATINI!![/color]

The pokeball he through had patches on it so that when the ball opened fireworks would shoot out, when the beautiful multi-colored smoke cleared Brighton was seen doing an epic pose with his Dratini ready for battle.

[color=#ff8c00]Okay the show can begin![/color]

[color=#800080]"Noctowl vs. Dratini?"[/color][color=#000000] Rose mused, [/color][color=#800080]"[i]That[/i] should be interesting. Hmm, Dratini knows Electric-type moves if I recall correctly, and the only Pokemon I've seen from that [i]other[/i] guy are Flying-types. Oh well, if he doesn't have a Ground-type with him, then he is [i]so[/i] [/color][color=#800080]screwed..."[/color]

[color=#000000]That of course, was taking into account that Brighton guy was actually smart enough to [i]teach[/i] his Dratini any Electric-type moves. If he was dumb enough to neglect such attacks, then things would be a little more even handed, and everything that [i]Rose[/i] said would've been rendered null and void. Still, this [i]was[/i] the type of guy that only cared about "beauty" after all, which was such a useless quality that had nothing to [i]do[/i] with the capabilities a Pokemon had.[/color]

[color=#000000]Rose walked over to the spectator with a Growlithe at his side (Michael), and sat next to him. She was ill-concerned about this whole rivalry between the Moon and Sun dorms, and consequently didn't care if this other guy was of the Moon dorm. She just wanted to see if he would be willing to converse with him.[/color]

[color=#800080]"So... who do you think will win?"[/color][color=#000000] Rose asked the young man with the Growlithe.[/color]

Unlike the beautiful and all-talkative Brighton, Areo was a quiet and reserved person, and he wasn't about to waste his energy on unnecessary lines of speech that sound awesome but end up just cheesy and overdone. Still though... [i]A Dragon-Type Pokemon, those are the types that I find difficult to fight against. This is one of the reasons I'd rather not fight that Gyarados....[/i] He thought to himself, and took a glance at their Noctowl.

He had no Ice nor Dragon moves, so nothing would be supereffective against this Dratini. However, Noctowl had the advantage of both flight [i]and[/i] speed. Speed was the very thing that Areo happened to specialize in, and what his Pokemon had all trained in. Therefore,

"Noctowl, approach and use Hypnosis."

After the Pokemon was commanded, with speed twice as fast as an ordinary Noctowl, it charged towards Dratini, though not in a straight line. Instead of a straight line, it was spinning in a circular fashion to avoid any Physical attack Dratini might throw at it. Not only that, but its eyes had begun glowing red, and it was quite obvious that once the owl was close enough and they had eye contact, Dratini would instantaneously fall asleep.

[color=#ff8c00]1,2,3, 1,2,3, 1,2,3, and the dance has begun.[/color] Brighton said while waving his hands that now have fans in them. [color=#ff8c00]Hmm sporadic movement to avoid a physical attack pity I'm being underestimated.[/color]

He opened one of his fans and waved down at Noctowl and yelled vigorously. [color=#ff8c00]Since you want to avoid a physical attack how about a wide one. GLORIOUS BLIZZARD!![/color] Dratini's eyes grew blue and as he opened his cute little mouth out shot a mighty icy storm aimed in Noctowl's general direction. It didn't matter if you darted back and forth as long as the two parties started on the opposite side of the arena blizzard was a safe choice. Especially against bird users. As the mighty wind blew Brighton decided to give his odious opponent a bit of sportsman like advice.

[color=#ff8c00]We've been classmates for almost a year now do you really think I am so dense as to not have anti-bird moves, especially since one of my main attractions is of the bug variety. I think your Moon friend is wrong, I don't have a flawed perception you do.[/color] he said with a laugh as he was watching Noctowl handle this blizzard.

"Somersault dodge, go."

As Brighton talked, the Noctowl did a somersault in midair, maneuvering far away to dodge and evade the icy storm's currents, in fact using those very currents to propel it faster. Areo wasn't about to let Brighton's words get to him, nor was he going to waste precious time bragging for no reason. However, he was really peeved by Brighton's ending line. Noctowl was now, curiously enough, on Brighton's side of the battlefield.

"Now, Noctowl, [i]Sky Attack.[/i]" Areo commanded, and then the Pokemon owl shot up towards the roof, before doing an elegant and powerful double-spin, causing multiple faint cool breezes to spread across the arena, and then finally shooting down like an arrow towards Dratini, its body being surrounded by a white aura. Of course, the double-spin hadn't been necessary, but it was the sake of showing off as well as slightly increasing Sky Attack's own offensive force.

The class was noisy today. Rather too noisy. It was a beautiful day, a day for relaxing in the sun and laughing with friends. Why was there so much noise? Arguments everywhere. The roar of a Gyarados, the familiar rush of a Gust, and a screeching match between a group of two, who seemed rather like a couple merely from sound, and a single other person who seemed a little bit full of himself.

Michael opened his eyes slowly, having been resting against his seat, and stared at the sky for a few moments, noting merely a passing Taillow, own by one of his own dorm. Realising that it seemed to be battle, Michael turned his head down to face the rest of the class, not especially surprised - but at the very least interested - in what he saw. A massive Gyarados had appeared in the Classroom, somehow supporting itself without any water.

He shrugged and reminded himself to congratulate Rose on her achievement as the argument started to escalate, leading to Ice's Plusle attempting to attack Brighton, a narcissistic Sun dorm member who was one of the few people who Michael didn't seem able to befriend, perhaps due to the Sun/Moon rivalry.

Michael wondered whether he should intervene, rolling the Pokéball containing Lapras between his fingers as he watched the events unfold, reading the actions of those involved rather easily. They seemed worked up over pretty much nothing, merely fighting to protect their own pride. He sighed and was about to push himself off his chair, Growlithe next to him alert and ready to fight, as Mr Redwood intervened, a vein bulging in the side of his neck. Michael chuckled and lowered himself back down, withdrawing Growlithe quickly and quietly.

He moved forward a few seats as the Battle was announced, sitting somewhere along the middle row, with a great view of the battlefield. He considered supporting Aero, due to him being at least an aqquantance and being a fellow Moon Dormer, but he had acted rather immature earlier. As Brighton wasn't an especially friendly person either, Michael resolved to merely spectating, placing no bets on either side.

As he decided this, Olivia - or Rose, as she seemed to prefer - walked over to him and sat down beside him, apparently trying to spark a conversation. He was surprised, considering she was of the Sun dorm, but had no Qualms with anyone based off of a random assignment of positions.
He merely shrugged at her question, watching the first few moves pass between the contestants. "Neither one seems to have an exceptional grip on pokémon strategy, and both seem rather clouded by their aggression to each other. Statistically speaking, Noctowl should win, due to its increased stats, high speed and ability to fly. However, I would assume Brighton was a better Tactition, and seems like the kind of person to play a safe and self preserving game, and may attempt to merely wear Noctowl out." Michael stated, sighing and turning his head to face Rose, a warming smile on his face. "It doesn't really matter though. It's just a little fun." He chuckled, turning his attention back to the arena.

Brighton snickered as the Noctowl did a flourish into the sky attack...see everyone goes for flair at one moment or another he was watching as the pokemon was at the roof Brighton knew what had to be done. Its a risky play but a beautiful one at that. Dratini looked at his master and Brighton gave the nod and they both looked straight up. Brighton waved his fans and proceeded to sing for the audience aka the class.

[color=#ff8c00]NESSUN DOOOORRRRMMAAAA!!!![/color] As he hit the note Dratini's eyes were yellow and this time he opened his mouth and a electricity was forming in the middle. Noctowls had begun is sky attack decent onto Dratini and there was no dodging the bird was too fast. The only thing to do was to capitalize on its weaknesses. One, its weak against electric attacks, and two most bird moves like sky attack are physical which means you have to come in close for them to work. Which makes dodging quit hard.

As he was done with his song the Noctowl had just lined up with his line of sight and was too close too Dratini for safe evacuation..Brighton said with in a melodic and calm manner...[color=#ff8c00]Thunder.[/color]

A point blank thunder came at the Noctowl with such close proximity it should make a spectacular explosion.

Olivia watched the battle between Brighton and Aero, she looked at the changes between the two pokemon. Like the first time Noctowl or rather, Hoothoot, was used in battle it was a pretty fast Flying-Type. Even as a Noctowl, it still got faster. But Dratini was taking offensive which was a major change in Brighton's case since it used to be on defensive. The array of attacks they both now knew was phenomenal.

"It seems even they have grown stronger after all this training. But I'm wary of Noctowl being on the defensive. Normaly it shouldnt, but Dratini's forcing it to keep either dodging or take the hit. Not really much of a choice there." she thought a loud. "But the work both of them used to make them better is really paying off."

"REFLECT AND KEEP GOING!!!" Areo shouted out, almost like a scream.

As the Thunder came down, while Noctowl at this one moment had no way of dodging it, it formed a psychic glass barrier around it as it closed in on Dratini.

A powerful explosion came from Thunder, for a moment covering the battlefield in dust and leaving neither side able to tell the result. But as it cleared, the result soon became obvious. The result was that Noctowl's Sky Attack had successfully connected with the young Dragon Pokemon, but at the same time had been heavily stricken by Thunder. The generated Reflect wasn't a Light Screen, it was specialized for blocking physical attacks and not special ones, thus it was shattered, but it had succeeded in softening Thunder's blow at least a bit from a one-hit KO.

If this were a videogame, Noctowl would have only around less than 5 HP left. But it was still standing. But needless to say, instead of congratulating his Pokemon of successfully performing the Sky Attack, Areo was horrified at the damage it had taken. He had to end this. If he could switch his Pokemon, he would, but he couldn't. If Noctowl didn't act now, if Dratini hadn't been knocked out by that Sky Attack, then it would suffer one last crippling blow...!

"Before Dratini recovers, Noctowl, Tackle!"

The Noctowl closed its eyes at this command, and then charged, before lifting itself off into the air only ever so slightly, stumbling a bit as it did so, using its whole body to throw itself at Brighton's Dratini for one desperate Tackle.

Ice bit her lower lip, as much as she would have loved to say that Aero was winning with flying colors, Bryton was putting up quite good opposition. Aero had started well, but Brighton had gotten right off and used one of the most powerful Ice-type moves there was. She had no idea that a Dratini could have such a powerful move at it's disposal. She was well aware of the prevelant threat of Thunder, but didn't think that it could learn Ice-type moves until it evolved. Still even without it Brighton was a powerful combatant matching Aero move for move. A flower petal nudged her snapping her out of her trace she found that Roselia was pointing to something on the other side of the class. Roselia babbled Pokemon speak which did nothing for Ice to tell what Roselia was trying to get her attention for... then she noticed him it was Micheal. Ice smilied though they didn't know each other well Micheal was quite nice to her and accepted that she was different. Ice proceeded to walk towards him. [i]No point in sitting alone, [/i]thought Ice.

"Hello Micheal, how long ahve you been here... did you see that little scene earlier," Ice turned her head away embarrassed,"anyway how do think the match is going?"

The smoke cleared as Brighton was confident that Dratini had ended the bird after taking one of the most super effective hits no way it retained function, but gasp the barrier managed to stave off victory for just a while and it still managed to hit Dratini with that move. As Dratini struggled to get up fighting back tears from the pain Brighton was experiencing anger. His calculations were somehow slightly off. Using moves that were going to be doubly effective against the bird was the way to compensate for the difference in stats. Brighton had to thing the bird was on its last as it took flight, but Dratini didn't have enough time to charge and spam one of the killer moves. That and Dratini was about to cry...meaning time for a pep talk.

[color=#ff8c00]DRATINI! We shall not let our sun be eclipsed by this darkness, come shine and when we win you get the full treatment at the salon![/color] Dratini's eyes shot up like a light and glowed like a supersaiyan almost though that meant nothing but the willingness to fight. [color=#ff8c00][i]If we can't beat him with his weaknesses we'll have to give ourselves a STAB bonus[/i][/color]. As Noctowl began his decent the aura around Dratini grew and grew...and Brighton felt it appropriate to paraphrase a famous quote from a show he used to watch.

[color=#ff8c00]THIS POKEMON OF MINE IS BURNING RED!! HIS LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO CRY VICTORY!! GO DRATINI DRAGON RUSH!![/color]

Dratini lunged straight at Noctowl and met his tackle head on with even more force hopefully knocking it out.

"Reflect." Areo muttered faintly.

Dratini's Dragon Rush crashed and shattered a psychic barrier that Noctowl had created. But it wasn't enough, and the Dragon Rush was still much more powerful than Noctowl's charging Tackle. Thus, without being told, its trainer gasped and watched in horror [i]("hold on, Noctowl, what are you doing...?!?!")[/i] as the Pokemon owl created a second Reflect barrier with the last ounce of its strength, weakening Dratini's Dragon Rush enough to the same level as that of Noctowl's Tackle - and then the two physical rush attacks connected.

Regardless of the result, Noctowl had already fallen unconscious. It had already fainted and lost the battle the moment it sacrificed its power to create a second Reflect, and the 'Tackle' was merely from automatic body movements and momentum. Still, it hit Dratini with equal force to its own weakened Dragon Rush. The only question was if Dratini had enough power to stay back up. If it did, it would be a victory for Brighton. If it collapsed unconscious, it would be a tie.

In any case, Areo ran over to his fallen Noctowl, his expression one of horror, and he sent it back into its Pokeball to later be treated. With the damage it had taken from a direct Thunder and the strain it had put on itself immediately afterwards, he doubted it would recover for a few days, or even a week.

And he had a question.

"Why...why does your Dratini know Blizzard and Thunder...?!" He shot at the Sun student.

Of course, the answer was obvious: TMs. But he had to confirm this for himself. There's no way Dratini learns powerful moves like that naturally. In a way, the battle had been unfair from the very start. Noctowl relied on natural power and training, having never even looked at a single TM. But its opponent, on the other hand...

Archived