Pokémon Academy: The Original Remade [IC][PG-13]

Aesirson

As the cloud of dust erupted from the stadium, Michael sighed and simply watched the expressions on the competitor's faces, each filled with much emotion. They showed some rookie emotions, Brighton being over confident and Aero being rather sullen and hopeless. But neither seemed to out match the other, and the fact that each had little experience merely made it a fair fight, one that seemed to have gripped the rest of the class, for the room had fallen silent. Even Mr Redwood seemed to be engaged with the battle.

Then again, what was more exciting and capturing than the thrill of battle. The joys of victory, the crowd applausing your name. And the bitter taste of defeat, an incentive to do better and become stronger. Whether it was rookie or pro, battles were enjoyed by the masses, as was the case here. And it wasn't exactly amateur; each of the trainers was rather good, with Brighton having rather interesting tactics and Aero having raised his Noctowl quite well; it's speed was impressive.

But it was still a short lived battle, and neither sides tactics were perfect, nor did they seem to think much about their pokémon's well being. It was a rage filled match, based off of individual rivalry, and Michael wasn't exactly impressed. He shrugged and sighed, as if to say to himsefl "What can you do." and thought he might as well congratulate them on the battle at any rate. It did provide some interest to the lesson.

He didn't even turn to face Ice when she asked her question, for the answer was right on the Battlefield. "You have your answer right there." Michael stated, raising his hand to aim at the Arena. The last Ditch efforts were not what Michael would've chosen, but they seemed to make for a thrilling climax. The simple question now was, would Dratini rise. Because Noctowl was down, too much energy wasted when it had an obvious advantage, flight - Michael wondered whether Aero was aware of the Roost move, which would've been effective.
Either way, the battle had ended. Noctowl was on the floor, taking a nasty hit from the Dragon Rush. Either way, Brighton had evaded loss. But had he captured victory? Michael wasn't all too bothered, if either had any sportsmanship in them they would merely shake hands and have it at that. But he had a feeling it might not turn out like that.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brighton watched as the Owl initiated a defensive measure on his own surely that wasn't predicted, seems like someone needs to do more studying. True beauty is shown in the face of adversity. As that two attacks collided he couldn't help but flinch for a second like he had been hit too. A sad sight to see indeed. The Noctowl had gone unconscious due to the strain on its body Dratini seemed to lay there. As Areo went to pick up the Noctowl and ask his insulting question there was a faint sniffling in the background and Brighton proceeded to walk to his Dratini. That sniffling erupted into crying, full uncontrollable pokemon tears. Dratini was crying he had never been in such pain, he was tired, hungry, and hurt...what else was there to do....BUT he wasn't knocked out meaning Brighton was the winner. Probably not the most beautiful way to achieve victory, but we can work on that for the future.

Brighton picked up his Dratini.. and pet it to soothe its weeping ever so gently. [color=#ff8c00]That's right let it out, you did great, you did better than we had initially planned and you won. Come now lets get some beauty rest. [/color]Dratini's cry went to a whimper and then he gently fell asleep and Brighton put him back in the pokeball. He proceed to walked to the edge of the arena but not before shooting a glare at Areo and answering his question. [color=#ff8c00]Don't ask questions you know the answers to. [/color]At the edge of the arena he gave a bow to the class that watched and proceeded to give a closing speech. [color=#ff8c00]Thank you all for watching our beautiful show, I hope you had a great time as I had a great time performing for you.[/color] He took his place with the rest of the students.

Jay had been woken to his flamboyant roommates morning ablutions rather than his Beldum waking him. After the haze of sleep lifted, Jay realized that his roommate was usually late for class and that he would be even more so. Using the metal bar installed on the wall next to his bed, he pulled himself to an upright position, where he could see his Solosis and Magnemite sleeping contentedly. Jay looked worriedly at the open window. Lately, Jay had noticed Bell had been going out at night rather than keeping a silent watch over the room as he did for so many nights before. Jay did not dwell on this. Bell always found his way back, so Jay got ready without him. Washing his face and fixing his messy hair was quite simple with Dewey and Blitz's help. Attaching his bag of supplies to his chair for the day's battle training, he was off.

Jay was impatient with his chair's slow movement. Although the teachers usually forgave him for being late, he didn't want to miss too much of class and get behind, especially since it was so close to exams. Even at top speed, it only moved as fast as light jog. Jay gave a hand signal to Blitz who gave a nod in response. The Magnemite put its magnet arms on the motor of the chair and focused. In a jolt, Jay's chair shot forward as Blitz overcharged the motor, making it go at three times the maximum speed. In no time, Jay was at the training grounds where battle training would take place. Giving Blitz a thankful pat on the head, Jay returned it to its Pokeball and proceeded to the rest of the students at normal speed. As he did, he heard a light beeping from behind him. He turned to see Bell only inches from his face, staring silently with his red eye. Only slightly started, Jay put on a stern expression.

"Where were you? I am late thanks to you! I should just get an alarm clock if you keep this up!" Jay scolded the Iron Ball Pokemon. The Beldum responded in silence and kept staring at Jay, almost as if it was trying to stare into is very soul. Jay simply sighed at kept moving, Bell following close behind. Bell was the only one of his Pokemon that Jay couldn't fully understand. Dewey and Blitz had very distinct and simply personalities, but Bell, even after all the years he had him, was still a mystery.

As Jay got close, saw that Brighton had already finished a skirmish with one of the Moon students. Aero, if he wasn't mistaken. It looked as if their two Pokemon had simultaneously knocked each other out. Rolling over to Brighton, Jay decided to rib at his usually high and mighty room mate.

"Looks like your fabulousity can only do so much in a battle, eh Brighton? Perhaps you should go for something a little more tame, like maybe the Pokemon Contests. You would fit right in there."

Unlike Brighton, who simply returned to the rest of the students, Areo merely muttered some excuse about having to skip class as an emergency to Professor Redwood, before running all the way over to the - naturally - infirmary. Usually he would say something like an apology to Ice first when he did this, but this one time he forgot. Really, he had incentive to run. His Pokemon might be critically injured from that Thunder. If that Thunder hadn't appeared, things might've gone a lot smoother but---

He cursed himself for this bad luck. At the very least, he should've used Taillow, whose speed could have easily dodged his Blizzard, Thunder, and more. Instead, he had favored power and his Noctowl. Everything had been going perfectly until one mere Thunder crippled his Pokemon---

Electric attacks was the one thing Areo liked the least. Not only were they super-effective to Bird-type Pokemon, but they also charged and coursed all through their target's body. Fire, Water, Grass, and Normal attacks were all external, while attacks like Ghost, Dark, and Psychic were more internal. Yet Electric attacks were [i]both[/i], and what he had deemed the most fatal type to [i]any[/i] Pokemon.

He had trained his three Pokemon; Noctowl, Pidgey, and Taillow, promising them that they could one day fly during stormy weather without the danger of being struck by lightning. Alas, this promise was still very far away.

Holding back his tears, he hoped Noctowl was going to be alright.

Just as the battle reached its conclusion, Shawn smiled as he saw Noctowl fainting from the clash of the smoke generated between Dragon Rush and Reflect thus proclaiming Brighton's victory over Areo. He then applauded calmly for how entertaining it was as he then closely analysed it all as it was the outcome he expected. [color=#006400][i]‘Sure Noctowl is fully evolved tier two Pokémon [/i][/color][color=#006400][i]while Dratini is at stage one, but Dratini had the attack advantage as it had Blizzard and Thunder that could have made a perfect victory if it hit…That Noctowl actually did quite well for being in such a huge disadvantage,’[/i][/color] Shawn thought then noticed Dratini crying from being extremely wounded and that Noctowl was completely unconscious that silenced his happiness as he knew that the battle didn’t prove the Sun’s superiority over the moon. It is likely to cause more feuds and arguements between the dorms and it could spread its influence to a larger scale.

Neverless, Shawn was relieved it was over for now and resumed his full focus towards Professor Redwood as he waited for what he was going to say.

Brighton was somewhat annoyed at how close that match was, its time to do more extreme beautify training measures for his pokemon. Of course he witnessed Aero run fighting back tears over his injured pokemon...pity had he chose a more elegant plan of attack the outcome could have been different. But then again had he chosen a more elegant plan of attack he wouldn't be him now would he. Brighton took this second to observe the room. It seems his performance was not as beautifully perceived as he would have liked it to be. He saw his roommate enter and was happy that he wasn't injured...well more so. Beautifully talented Jay rolling around probably using pokemon to augment his wheelchairs speed. Ah splendid. The little joke he pulled was pretty lighthearted Brighton chuckled at it.

[color=#ff8c00]Well Jay, not everyone can have your shining battle prowess in the arena I'm sure this was just proof that I still have far to go in the ways of beauty. Had you been here you could be giving me pointers, but alas you were late[/color]. He said as a return joke. [color=#ff8c00]Hopefully the spectacular show was recorded and you can give me pointers later tonight.[/color] Brighton said with the sincerest of smiles.

He then noticed Shawn and remembered the statement about rivalries. He decided that it would be good for everyone seeing as he made some one run and cry to show some form of eloquent behavior.[color=#ff8c00] Hey Shawn you saw the match sorry I doubt my victory was what the dorm needed to radiate even more but I'm sure your brilliance spotted several flaws in my dazzling performance maybe you can help me with them after school. How about it? [/color]Once again big smiles to show unity within the student body.

Well, the victory was awarded to Brighton. Not what you would call a clean sweep, for his pokémon had finished the battle crying, but rules were rules, and a victory was a victory. Michael noticed that Brighton had been surrounded by members of his own dorm, and was well aware that acts like this were not going to help unity and communication between the opposing dorms.

As such, Michael stood up, slowly so as to not alarm the girls sat next to him. "Excuse me, ladies." He said, calmly, as he moved past them towards the stair down to the field, placing his hands in his pockets as he did so. He put a small but friendly smile on his face and walked towards the small group of Sun members, stopping halfway between them and his original seat to look over at the exit, watching Aero run away. "I'll probably go comfort him later. Or let Ice do it." Michael muttered, before again moving towards the Sun members.

As he approached, he over heard small bits of conversation, mainly hearing "...spotted several flaws within my dazzling performance." As he heard this, he sighed and hesitated, aware that he may end up doing just as much harm as good. He shook his head, resolving to at least mend a little bit of the enmity between the dorms.

"Nice battle." Michael started, making himself known to the Sun dormers. "I couldn't help but notice you were rather confident in yourself. It's a good quality to have, but if over exagerrated or not properly balanced, it could end up leading to a loss. You would perhaps do good having your Dratini be more active and lively. It seemed very stiff and still during that battle." Michael added, hoping that he wasn't being too insulting. The trainer had asked for any flaws they had witnessed, and Michael was merely pointing out some, but he knew that some could take real offence to mere pointers.

[b][color=#006400]“You did amazing and the victory was good for the pride of the Sun. Regardless of the outcome the rivalry between the Sun and Moon will not die but hopefully it will not cause something as disastrous as what caused this whole fiasco today,”[/color][/b] Shawn replied quite surprised his low emotion was obvious as he paused for a second quickly trying to remember every detail of the battle as he tried to remember the name of the Moon trainer. [color=#006400][b]“My only comment I can think of was that A-Aero…I mean Areo’s Noctowl was avoiding Dratini’s powerful attacks at even moderate speed and was reflecting them in the process of exhausting Dratini for using such overwhelming power. Everyone has flaws that are difficult to overcome but besides the obvious I mentioned, I guess I could try to think of something...So yes,”[/b][/color]

Redwood looked at Areo as he left and felt a little concerned about Noctowl, the Thunder had come as a surprise even to him. The bird was probably okay, though, and the lesson would have to continue. He looked at the crowd centring around Brighton and coughed to get their attention.

"Now!" He said. "As we saw in this battle Brighton utilized Noctowl's weaknesses and used moves that are strong against Flying-types, but he also used a Dragon-Type move, Dragon Rush, which is stronger if it's used by a Dragon-Type Pokémon, due to the thing called Same Type Attack Bonus. Now, do we have any volunteers for our next battle?"

Cam, who had been watching the battle with little interest, suddenly got more alert. He was one of the few Sun dorm Students who ahd not left the stand after Brighton's victory, but now he jumped to the ground and pointed at Redwood.

"I'm ready, Prof!" He said with a smile spreading on his face.

Redwood sighed. "Okay, so who will be Mr Embel's opponent?" He said and looked at the rest of the class.

"Oh no Aero," Ice muttered seeing the outcome of the battle. [i]I can't just go after him, can I Professor Redwood would certainly see, he really needs me right now though oh I don't know what I'll do, I guess catching up with him after class will sufice, I have an idea were he'll be though. [/i]Ice turned to see Brghton putting a "cute" show for the class warranting huge smiles and applause.

"He really does make me sick he cares about nobody, but himself that poor Pokemon is crying because he doesn't train it the only thing that allowed him to win where those damn TMs, well I guess its not cheating if you can afford them," Ice said commenting over the battle. Mr. Redwood was beginning to start teaching. [i]Noctowl was so recently evolved though it hadn't had a chance to get used to its new body, it's saddening though to see those to Pokemon in pain. [/i]Ice even felt bad for Brighton's pokemon it was no fault of its own that it ended up with a bad trainer.

Michael smiled and tried to converse with the Sun trainers, but Mr Redwood was already calling for volunteers for the next match, one of which had already been chosen. As the Volunteer was a member of the Sun Dorm - named Cam if he wasn't mistaken - an unwritten law almost dictated that a Moon trainer should take to the arena.

As no other Moon member seemed to be moving forward, Michael sighed and muttered to himself "I might as well get it over with." He moved out of the group slowly and raised his hand, shouting clearly at Mr Redwood, "I'll do it, I guess." running his fingers over one of his pokéballs. He lifted it slowly out of his belt, holding it calmly in his hands.

"I guess I'm up. I'll talk to you later, I guess." He said, aiming at the Sun dorm members. He smiled again, warm and friendly, before moving over to the Arena, assuming a relaxed stance at the opposite end of the field to Cam, his pokéball in his right hand, and his left hand in his pocket. "I'll give you the tactical advantage and choose my pokémon first. You're up, Sneasel." he declared tossing his pokéball into the centre of the arena with little effort.

It flew through the air fast, coming roughly a foot away from the ground before it stopped and opened. A bright red light burst from the ball, before catapulting the ball backwards into the awaiting hand of Michael. Once the light had dispersed, the pitch black Sharp Claw pokémon, Sneasel. It's large, purple ear was pointed to a tip, and the gem on its forehead glistened brightly in the sunlight. It was also a nocturnal pokémon, like Noctowl had been, though Michael doubted it would be much of a problem.

"I guess I'll also allow you the first move." Michael stated, as the clean white Quick Claw around Sneasel's neck rattled against Sneasel's claws, which rubbed against it. The pokémon stared at Cam coldly, the opposite of Michael's warm, inviting smile.

Areo considered going out to train his Taillow and Pidgey with Lunatone, but then he remembered that Lunatone preferred to battle at night, being rather picky about the time of battle.

So instead, for now he would just have to do the usual, testing their speed through dodging tests and things similar to that. Those weren't quite battles, but more like exercise. Areo would use hoops, and the edges weren't allowed to be touched by the flying bird Pokemon. Recently, all three of his Pokemon were passing this test, but when he cranked it to the next level, moving the hoop about as well, the only one who succeeded was Taillow, while Pidgey and Hoothoot could never successfully pass through it. Now that he thought about it, he had only one chance to have a training session with Hoothoot's new form as Noctowl...

He took out two greyish Pokeballs and opened them up, and in a flash of red light both Pidgey and Taillow appeared, the latter still wearing the ribbon Ice had given him...

[i]Ice?! Damn, I forgot to apologize to her first...![/i] He scolded himself, and decided that he would return later on for the next lesson instead of skipping today's classes.

Meanwhile, the two Pokemon watched as their fallen comrade Noctowl was still trying to recover from the battle. Its body had the Paralysis status from Thunder, so every one and then an electric spark would suddenly appear.

Brighton was good to see smiles it was a sign that there was no bad blood between him and the fellow Sun Dormers, but then came Micheal the pride of the Moon Dorm his hauntingly chill demeanor retains its own beauty separate from his almost lost cause dorm mates. His advice came rather sharp, not like an insult but more like an honesty..rough honesty. Though the reason why Dratini stayed still the whole fight was that he could maximize effects of his long distance attacks. Using all that energy to move would have been pointless against that supped up Noctowl. Nevertheless advice from a relative of the elite should be cherished..more hula hoop drills it is. I[color=#ff8c00]t was an honor to put on a show for you[/color] Brighton said with a bow.

Shawn the intellectual was so shy and introverted it makes his genius even radiate more. He was right though the energy it took to dodge those attacks was minimal compared to what it took to launch them especially for little Dratini. But like Shawn said the pride of the Sun and all. Hmm a pity that this beauty cannot be cloned. [color=#ff8c00]Well Shawn I can't wait to see you shine so brightly.[/color] He said with more smiles.

Of course not everyone is receptive of beauty some troll from the Moon dorm was complaining about her boyfriends pet bird being shot out of the sky like the Red Barron and him running home to cry about it. [i][color=#ff8c00]Why is she here? Would it kill her to discover make up that doesn't cost a dollar? She has to be one of the most contemptible creatures to ever taint this school with her presence[/color]. [/i] But Brighton remembered the Sun always shines beautifully and its light will last for eons to come. So in honor of the sun he simply smiled at the troll in hopes that she would be less ugly once she realizes that she is in a public place.

As the teacher asked for volunteers a sun rose to the call. Cam who had been laying dormant during the marvelous show and now is active. [color=#ff8c00]Ah another star to take the stage what a beautiful day this if for the sun. I guess sometimes you can see the moon on a bright day to[/color]. he ended that last part with a chuckle.

Cam smiled as Michael took his place on the opposite of the arena. Unlike most Moon students, Michael didn't appear to have much problem with Sun students, but that didn't mean that Cam would hold back. Cam had no thoughts about which Pokémon he was about to use. While he knew that Combusken would be the perfect match against Sneasel, with both of Combusken's types being super effective against the Sharp Claw Pokémon, Cam instead picked another Pokéball from his belt.

"Go, Tirtouga!" He threw the ball, which opened and sent out a beam of light which eventually materialized into a turtle-like Pokémon with an aggressive, yet smiling, look on its face. As Cam's Pokémon was revealed, he himself entered a more defensive stance in reference to his Pokémon's defensive nature. "The key to the connection between a trainer and their Pokémon is movement! Tirtouga, use AncientPower!"

Simultaneously as the turtle smacked the groudn with it's fins to call forth a rock from the ground Cam placed his hand to the ground and raised it in motion with the rock. As he let out a "Hyaaaah!" and punched in the air towards Sneasel the rock was sent flying in the same direction as his fist.

"My god another drama queen fom the Sun dorm," though Ice had no qualms against the Sun dorm, and actually thought this boy, Cam, was quite nice. The Sun dorm had just succeeded in more than slightly pissing her off today and Ice did not get mad easily. Calming herself Ice watched with a great deal focus, probably would have put money Micheal winning, plus the Moon dorm needed a win today. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Brighton wave and smile at her sweetly which activated her gag reflex. Ice also now rememberded that Rose was sitting right nest to her.

"Hello, your not still mad about earlier are you, that little thing with Gyarados was all just big misunderstanding there's no reason for hostilities right it was accident Aero was just trying to return Taillow and it dodged and by chance it struck Gyarados, besides we all know how hard you worked with Magikarp we would never take that away from you," Ice said to the girl who was most likely still mad.

Michael smiled as Cam's pokémon entered the field. A less than obvious choice, that's for sure. Even Sneasel was rather shocked, taken aback by the use of a Water pokémon as opposed to the more obvious Fire type that Michael was aware Cam owned.

But Michael admitted that it was an impressive use of Tactics. "Though less obvious, Tirtouga does share the Super Effective capabilities with Ice, due to its Rock Type." Michael noted, impressed at the unison between pokémon and master. "Not only that, but it's Defense stat more than makes up for its lack of speed, and will be useful against the Attack power of Sneasel." Michael added, groaning to himself, while grinning still. "I guess this'll be a more interesting match than I first expected." Michael muttered, turning his attention to the battle at hand.

As suggested, Cam had taken the first move. And while confusing to some, Michael saw the value of the unison with his pokémon. It showed communication between them, and an awareness of the battle. Ancient power was a good attack to start off with, super effective against Sneasel. "Agility, Sneasel." Michael commanded, Sneasel acting instantly. The Black pokémon calmed itself, focussing its energy into its legs, and as the rock approached. As it came close, Sneasel's eyes opened, much more focussed than previously. Like a flash, he somersaulted over the rock, His natural speed augmented by the Agility.

"Now, Quick attack." Michael added, and Sneasel reacted almost instantly again, his speed incredible as he flashed in front of Tirtouga, aiming to shoulder barge his head. Michael didn't expect it to be a damaging move, and was merely using it to determine Tirtouga's actual defensive capabilities, but it would be nice for it to make some kind of effect.

Cam was slightly angered by the fact that Sneasel had avoided Tirtouga's attack so easily he had learned from the monks in his village that he would have to keep his calm if he didn't wish the connection to his Pokémon to be broken. Instead, knowing that Tirtouga was way to slow to avoid the attack, he raised his arms in a cross formation to cover his face, and as he did Tirtouga covered its head with its fins. Sneasel hit Tirtouga's fins with its quick, tackling attack, although it didn't seem to deal that much damage, due to Tirtouga's high defensive stats and its defensive type advantage against Normal-Type moves. Cam removed his arms from his face, and so did Tirtouga, and prepared for the next attack.

"Tirtouga! This time, let's show him our speed! Use Aqua Jet!" Cameron punched in the air again, and as he did Tirtouga was sent flying, using a jet of water to propel itself through the air at a much higher speed than could be expected from a turtle Pokémon.

Daniel finally trudged into class after narrowly escaping Brutus. His uniform was covered in mud and leaves, and scratched in a few places. He plopped down in the nearest desk, exhausted from his ordeal, then slowly pulled out his laptop to check over the data. Everything seemed to be functioning normally, and the crucial data he had was still there. He just relaxed in his chair to watch the Pokemon battle, then looked up at his hair. "You alright up there, squirt?" He whispered, and a chirring sound could be heard in response as his hair rustled, and the blonde patch in his hair moved very slightly. He smiled at this, then turned his attention back to the battle.

The kid from the Moon dorm, Cael, was starting to get drowsy. He was in the arena early this morning after helping Olivia with her burns from her Pokemon fighting. He let out a loud yawn,[color=#000080] "Why doesn't she get some sense into those Pokemon!"[/color][color=#000000] [/color]Totodile laughed, he sprayed some water in Cael's face to wake him up. [color=#000080]"Thanks." [/color]He was annoyed but his Pokemon just chuckled at him. He shook his head, [color=#000080]"That Brighton guy[/color] [color=#000080]sure is a piece of work...[/color][color=#000080]" [/color]Totodile shouted for Tirtouga despite the fact that he was Cameron's Pokemon and he's from the Sun dorm. Cael sighed, he figured he might as well volunteer for the next battle. He'd probably use his Pansear, he wanted him to evolve but he couldn't find a Fire Stone anywhere which was quite an annoyance. Just something else to get annoyed with.

"Impressive!" Michael declared, excited now as the battle intensified. As expected, the quick attack did little damage to Tirtouga, the high defense stats and Rock Type made for an impressive combination against Normal physical attacks. As such, Michael was forced into a difficult corner. His physical attacks, Sneasel's area of expertise, would do very little against a tank such as Tirtouga, but Sneasel was not very good at Special attacks.

He had no time to think about his next move, however, as Tirtouga came shooting forward, fast as a bullet, to collide with Sneasel, a stream of Water following behind. The speed caught Sneasel of guard and sent him catapulting backwards, and though he landed on his feet, it was obvious it had taken effect. His defense was not his most impressive stat.

"A good trainer can win with any pokémon." Michael muttered, focussing his mind on his tactics, and Sneasel's array of moves. "Well, I reckon you've got enough speed at the moment." Michael mumbled to himself, thinking. "But your attack could be raised. Hone your Claws before going in for a Metal Claw!" Michael ordered, Sneasel, once again, responding instinctively.

He brushed his claws against each other, sharpening them, as the claw around his neck began to shine a little bit, indicating the properties of Quick Claw would take effect. "Good, I'll need that in this match." Michael murmered, as Sneasel started off on his run.
He swerved a couple of times, dodging from side to side, expecting extra attacks, but his incredible speed almost made this impossible. As he approached, he leapt into the air, giving himself an advantage for a stronger attack, though opening himself up to attacks as well. Michael sighed, aware that this was a bad tactic, but it had been done, and Sneasel had already decided. Michael could do no more.

Shawn nodded calmly to Brighton uncertain of his skills but was interested as he focused completely onto the battle between Cam and Michael as he looked at their Pokémon and analysed every detail of them. [color=#006400][b]“Both of them are interesting. It is like a renactment of the last battle. A Pokémon resembles the day against a Pokémon that resembles the night. The only difference is that Cam’s Tirtouga [i]looks[/i] more defensive than offensive that could potentially make the battle longer than the last and his Opponent seems much more prepared…”[/b][/color] he commented shrugging as he then looked at the malicious Sneasel that’s Personality seemed to be the opposite of Michael’s friendly Personality that surprised him. [color=#006400][b]“He doesn’t seem like a pushover…He sort of in comparison can make others look like a pushover…” [/b][/color]he said pausing as his eyes widened at Sneasel’s tremendous speed that was completely overwhelming to watch despite the fact that Tirtouga has a high defense and barely took that much of a hit. [color=#006400][b]“It looks like the outcome might be unpredictable, it is basically defense and power vs stealth and speed. Both traits suit their respective dorms,”[/b][/color] he commented smiling a little taking notice of Tirtouga mimicking what Cam was doing especially at Cam shielding himself for some reason. [color=#006400][i]‘Odd…’[/i][/color] he thought as he became silent.

"Alas friend, I was too late to record your performance. Maybe next time I'll be able to catch your next performance," Jay responded in a jokingly apologetic manner. Being a roommate with such a character, one develops ways to make some fun out of it.

As the Moon student Michael and Sun student Cam stepped up to the centre of the arena, Jay decided to record the match, booting up his chair's built in computer and aiming the camera to the combatants. As Michael decided to take the initiative and chose Sneasel, Jay couldn't help but feel that he was being a little too confident. Sneasel not only had many weaknesses, but relies heavily in being able to take down opponents quickly before being stuck down itself. Jay's theory proved true when Cam chose Tirtouga to fight, having the type advantage and the strategic advantage.

"Looks like Sun's going to be two for nothing today, eh Brighton?" Jay said to his roommate before moving to a different position to better film the action.

:The sheer power Sneasel has is really intimidating." Olivia stated with her eyes widened. "Not only is it fast enough to fight against Tirtouga as if its typing mean nothing." she then look at the way Sneasel moved. Such elegance and power. it was strong enough to not only keep Cam and Tirtouga questioning the next move, but with it holding a Quick Claw, it gives it a chance to give it a Sucker Punch-like speed. Albeit, not using the move, for namesake.

Olivia then noticed Cael as she held her injured shoulder. Even with his help, Monferno and Riolu can't seem to get along together, which is still baffling even the teachers. She started getting lost in thought of which pokemon to use when she's up. Maybe Zubat, because she has been training it all this week and it a few new moves from her last attempt at using Zubat in class, which failed miserably.

[color=#000000]Shortly after Michael gave his verdict, the battle had already finished, with Brighton being the victor over Aero. Rose, however, was hoping for a draw; [i]neither[/i] of them deserved to win, as [i]both[/i] of them were proving to be amongst the most disrespectful of Pokemon Trainers that Rose had ever met. Of course, Rose was a firm believer of everyone deserving a second chance, but how [i]can[/i] one be given a second chance when one didn't know what one did wrong in the first place? As Michael got up and participated in the next battle, Ice seemed to take his place, seeming to try and remind Rose that the entire incident was just a big misunderstanding.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Oh, it's a [i]misunderstanding[/i], alright,"[/color][color=#000000] Rose state in a blunt and unforgiving tone, before actually [i]turning[/i] to Ice this time, [/color][color=#800080]"And why the hell are [i]you [/i]doing the explaining, anyway? It should be that disrespectful [i]boyfriend[/i] of yours that should be out with the explanation. Oh, and remind him that he owes me an apology too. I'll be [i]waiting[/i]."[/color]

[color=#000000]Done with speaking with her for now, Rose turned away again to watch the battle between Michael's Sneasel and the opposing Tirtouga, keen to see what Michael can do as a Trainer. Perhaps [i]he[/i] would be a worthy adversary for Rose sometime in the near future, although she'd have to see the battle play [i]out[/i] a bit more before she could tell.[/color]

[i]What did I do wrong? [/i]Areo thought to himself.

[i]It was the Thunder that caught me by surprise, and Noctowl was within point-blank range... Had it been a Taillow, it could've dodged that attack. But perhaps I shouldn't have gone for a Sky Attack so soon...[/i] He sighed for a bit. [i]That guy taught that Dratini the Blizzard and Thunder moves, which gave him an unfair advantage. But it was still too soon before my Noctowl had learned the Confusion move, let alone more useful ones such as Roost...[/i]

Pidgey pecked at his head.

"And I was having such a good day too, what with Ice and all..." He muttered, also brokenhearted that he had let her down. The now-bandaged Noctowl stirred a bit. "You did your best, however. Honestly, you surprised me with that second Reflect, but wouldn't it have been better to use [i]Hypnosis[/i]...?"

Yes. Hypnosis, the move he had started out with. The truth was that if Hypnosis had been used instead of Reflect during that moment of truth, Dratini would've fallen asleep without opposition from the Tackle. But it was too late for that now. Despite the major disadvantage, what with Noctowl not only facing a Dragon-type Pokemon, but also one that knew some of the most powerful Ice and Electric moves. It should've been defeated straightaway with that Thunder, a move that should be fatal for all Water and Bird-type Pokemon, but it held on long enough to cast [i]two[/i] Reflects and do a Tackle...

Pidgey pecked his head again.

[i]why did you strain yourself like that...?![/i]

It was all his fault for not being a good enough trainer. All his fault for letting Ice down. All his fault for not even being able to defeat Brighton despite everything. All his fault for having Noctowl so hurt, the poor owl might not be able to be in action for another few days. All his fault for merely serving as fuel to the Sun versus Moon rivalry, which he had never cared about, when all he wanted was to show Brighton his place. And all his fault for-

Pidgey pecked his head again.

"What?" He asked it.

Instead of replying, for a moment it glowed a bit, before dimming again. "Caaw!" It replied.

Unsure as to what this meant, he merely tilted his head.

Archived