[SNGL]Time Magic: Accelerated Fusion[Time Wizard/Fusion Support]

Ren✧

[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/aBboY.jpg[/img][/center]
[center][i]Can only be activated during your Main Phase 1 if you successfully destroy 1 or more monsters on your opponent's side of the field with the effect of "Time Wizard." Special Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck with a Level equal to or lower than the highest Leveled monster destroyed by "Time Wizard's" effect +3 Levels. The Special Summoned monster's effect is negated and cannot attack this turn. Monsters Special Summoned by this card's effect cannot be used as Synchro or Xyz Material Monsters. If you Special Summon "Thousand Dragon" with this card's effect: You can return a number of monsters, up to the number of monsters destroyed by "Time Wizard's" effect, from your Graveyard to your Deck; Draw 2 cards.[/i][/center]

[center]Thought I would try to support one of my old-timer favorites! I realize this card might not do so well in the meta-game, just because it is too situational, but I think it supports Time Wizard fairly well and would be fun to play casually.[/center]

[center]CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and OCG help are always appreciated. :)[/center]

[quote name='Iriq' timestamp='1344813255' post='6005616']
Very Interesting card; pretty good effect. I'm a fan of old cards and this card happens to involve 2 of my fav's too :)

10/10 Overall
[/quote]

Thanks!

I am a bit shaky on whether the plus 3 levels is too much leeway though...

Suporting old cards... How intresting, and admirable. Something I've tired to do... and probably failed.

The card itself. So first you need to summon Time Wizard, and get the heads effect, which in and of itself isn't the easiest feat in history. Then you play this.your opponent has a clearish field, and you pull a beatstick and start hitting them repeatedly. Or you summon a 2400 beater, refuel your deck, and get a large +2. Hmm... I think its OP. Even though its hard to pull off, its not impossible, and is a very nasty effect. Ways to improve, I would put a cost, of sorts, and have the fusion monster banished in the end phase. So, its a temporary field advantage, not a perminant Meteor black dragon. Or some other powerful fusion. Eithert banished in the end phase, and summoned with half attack (I jusr realized how bad this is with meteor) if above a certain level or you can't declare an this turn. just so it isn't a complete laugh in your opponents face.

Still, overall its decent.

Man, I feel SO nostalgic! hahah
I'm fan of Joey so I loved your Idea :D
I was thinking, you Really could make this card an Quick Spell (But that's just a design thing :P)
Anyways, I would tell you to take off the "+3 Levels" effect,,, BUT destroying only Level 3 or 4 Monsters would bring you nothing... SO the Hive's idea to Banish the card at the End Phase is AWESOME! That's because Halving the Monster's ATK would be a shame to you :/
And the Draw Effect isn't necessary IMO... Since you can return up to 5 Cards to your Deck as you please (or return only one, but it would give you some like "Monster Reborn" or "Snatch Steal" whose are GREAT cards to DOOM your opponent)

But MAN, 9,8/10 For that because it's really a GREAT Idea for an "Divine" Support hahahah

[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1344814506' post='6005641']
Suporting old cards... How intresting, and admirable. Something I've tired to do... and probably failed.

The card itself. So first you need to summon Time Wizard, and get the heads effect, which in and of itself isn't the easiest feat in history. Then you play this.your opponent has a clearish field, and you pull a beatstick and start hitting them repeatedly. Or you summon a 2400 beater, refuel your deck, and get a large +2. Hmm... I think its OP. Even though its hard to pull off, its not impossible, and is a very nasty effect. Ways to improve, I would put a cost, of sorts, and have the fusion monster banished in the end phase. So, its a temporary field advantage, not a perminant Meteor black dragon. Or some other powerful fusion. Eithert banished in the end phase, and summoned with half attack (I jusr realized how bad this is with meteor) if above a certain level or you can't declare an this turn. just so it isn't a complete laugh in your opponents face.

Still, overall its decent.
[/quote]

Alright I made it so that the ss monster cannot attack the turn it is summoned. Of course it isn't impossible to pull off, but with the limitation of having to successfully using Time Wizards effect I think it balances without the need for banishment. If you (and others) still believe that there need to be more restrictions then I will consider making it so that all battle damage dealt by the monster is halved.

[quote name='Nghtwing' timestamp='1344815389' post='6005658']
Man, I feel SO nostalgic! hahah
I'm fan of Joey so I loved your Idea :D
I was thinking, you Really could make this card an Quick Spell (But that's just a design thing :P)
Anyways, I would tell you to take off the "+3 Levels" effect,,, BUT destroying only Level 3 or 4 Monsters would bring you nothing... SO the Hive's idea to Banish the card at the End Phase is AWESOME! That's because Halving the Monster's ATK would be a shame to you :/
And the Draw Effect isn't necessary IMO... Since you can return up to 5 Cards to your Deck as you please (or return only one, but it would give you some like "Monster Reborn" or "Snatch Steal" whose are GREAT cards to DOOM your opponent)

But MAN, 9,8/10 For that because it's really a GREAT Idea for an "Divine" Support hahahah
[/quote]

To keep the draw power I made it so it could only return monsters. So the second effect essentially becomes a weaker Avarice.

---

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Keep it coming!

[quote name='Theoncastillo' timestamp='1344823314' post='6005863']
This card is to situational to be actually of any use.
[/quote]

I believe I pretty much stated that in my first post. So ideas on how to fix it or get out! It was designed merely for fun, casual play.

[quote name='~Renegade~' timestamp='1344823458' post='6005867']
I believe I pretty much stated that in my first post. So ideas on how to fix it or get out! It was designed merely for fun, casual play.
[/quote]

Even in casual play level its to situational. How many people in casual run time wizard. At best its side deck material in casual.

[quote name='Theoncastillo' timestamp='1344823988' post='6005876']
Even in casual play level its to situational. How many people in casual run time wizard. At best its side deck material in casual.
[/quote]

Isn't casual play all about having fun? Making decks that are fun to play? To me that means that there is nothing that is too situational, everything goes...that is unless it isn't fun...

And still you have not offered any suggestions on improving this card...

[quote name='Theoncastillo' timestamp='1344823988' post='6005876']
[/quote]

You can't call this situational for casual play. Nothing is to situational for casual play, even Guardians, the most situational deck type in history. This thing is just an attempt to boost cards that don't see much play, which is admirable, rather than creating something completely new.

OT: The cannot attack clause makes it better. Preventing overwhelming situations for your opponent, and give them a chance to top deck for the win.

I dont get it; I think it's a great card; its definitely not overpowered.
@TheonCastillo, Time Wizard is a great card; i dont see why you wouldnt use it.
Its a perfect card for a luck/gamble deck.

As for the fusion part of the effect; i could only see Sync/xyz decks abusing it; as well, lets face it; Sync/Xyz decks abuse everything: they're overpowered.

@Hive; i totally agree; i play for fun not to win, too. In my opinion. the more situational something is, the more fun the duel can turn out to be.

@Renegade; it's still a great card :)

[quote name='HiveNet' timestamp='1344909468' post='6006734']
You can't call this situational for casual play. Nothing is to situational for casual play, even Guardians, the most situational deck type in history. This thing is just an attempt to boost cards that don't see much play, which is admirable, rather than creating something completely new.

OT: The cannot attack clause makes it better. Preventing overwhelming situations for your opponent, and give them a chance to top deck for the win.
[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name='Iriq' timestamp='1344910055' post='6006741']
I dont get it; I think it's a great card; its definitely not overpowered.
@TheonCastillo, Time Wizard is a great card; i dont see why you wouldnt use it.
Its a perfect card for a luck/gamble deck.

As for the fusion part of the effect; i could only see Sync/xyz decks abusing it; as well, lets face it; Sync/Xyz decks abuse everything: they're overpowered.

@Hive; i totally agree; i play for fun not to win, too. In my opinion. the more situational something is, the more fun the duel can turn out to be.

@Renegade; it's still a great card :)
[/quote]

Well I would have to agree with Theo that Time Wizard definitely isn't a choice for a competitive deck, but it is definitely an option for a fun, casual gamble deck. You are right Syncs and Xyz monsters would abuse it, but it is hard to make a card they can't abuse. lol.

---
I am thinking about adding a clause that makes it so the summoned monster cannot be used as a material...thoughts?

[quote name='Kenji Inuma' timestamp='1345054129' post='6007262']
Make it a quick play, so it can trigger immediately after Time Wizard activates its effect (successfully), and then we'll talk.
[/quote]

Crap, I thought I already did. Sorry about that. Fixing now.

I like the card as it is currently though I'm not really into the whole not attacking thing 100%. I mean you have to run Time Wizard, coin flip...etc and then run this super potential dead draw aka mystical bait and pray everything works out. If the stars align and you do manage to pull something off then you should by all fairness summon Meteor B. or Master of Oz and proceed to smack people in the face, you've earned it. Of course that is my opinion. That being said I find that there is nothing worth adding to it.

I don't understand this discussion on casual play, by sheer definition casual play in yu-gi-oh is anything you think is funny, this include chaos Dark Scorpions, Yugi decks, and the like, nothing is too bad for casual play. Unless its completely unplayable which this is not

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1345788087' post='6011826']
I like the card as it is currently though I'm not really into the whole not attacking thing 100%. I mean you have to run Time Wizard, coin flip...etc and then run this super potential dead draw aka mystical bait and pray everything works out. If the stars align and you do manage to pull something off then you should by all fairness summon Meteor B. or Master of Oz and proceed to smack people in the face, you've earned it. Of course that is my opinion. That being said I find that there is nothing worth adding to it.

I don't understand this discussion on casual play, by sheer definition casual play in yu-gi-oh is anything you think is funny, this include chaos Dark Scorpions, Yugi decks, and the like, nothing is too bad for casual play. Unless its completely unplayable which this is not
[/quote]

Well it isn't a permanent 'no attack' just that turn. Of course with the metagame that could be the only turn the monster is on the field...lol. Thanks for the input.

Archived