Merci

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=img][center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B5FwG.png[/img][/center][/spoiler]

Username: Hatcher

Name: Quentin Harlowe

Race: Human

Appearance: Short blonde hair, blue eyes, and a serious scowl permanently etched on her face. Her attire is typically all business and rarely armor, as her battle style is typically focused on avoiding, evading, and sabotage.

Bio: As far back as Quentin could remember she was alone. She doesn't recall ever having parents or receiving any kind of formal education, her earliest memories were growing up among many other orphan children in the streets. They had all learned to take care of themselves at a young age, and watched out for one another.

At the age of 10 she was on her own and looking for work. Quentin worked a number of odd jobs doing whatever was necessary. Bar tending, blacksmith, tour guiding, she even briefly spent some time as a thief and an even briefer time as a street wench.

Eventually at the age of 19 she chose a life of being a mercenary and, using a lifetime of skills she had gathered she works for whoever pays her the most.

Currently it's John Alexander.

Personality: Quentin is always cool, calm and collected. She always has a rather serious demeanor, and seems to care little about the lives of others, whether they be human or vampires. She values people based on what they can provide her as opposed to anything related to genuine affection or love.

Faction: Neutral

Abilities:
1: A master of illusions, Quentin can change the way others see her with a bit of magic. This is usually used either to make her temporarily invisible to avoid detecting or to disguise herself as someone else. This illusion is broken depending on how perceptive the person is and how close they are.
2: A control of wind. While naturally flexible, with the power of wind the young lady can further make large leaps and dodge attacks effortlessly.

I cringe a little everytime I hear 'Cool, Calm and Collected', because it's a really common and terribly overused description. It's a bit Hypocritical, coming from me, because I used it so much as a beginner (Not that you're a beginner, obvs, you're a mod.), but it's a horrible and generic personality type. No offense. Everyone uses it occasionally.

But I'm not the GM. Sorry for my little rant.

No I didn't Magnet ._. I remember writing a post that accepted it. But maybe I fell asleep before I could've posted it...in any case, your character is accepted. Finally, somebody who actually LIKES Elnaer!

[quote name='Hatcher' timestamp='1345237186' post='6009463']
[spoiler=Hatcher]
[spoiler=img]
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B5FwG.png[/img][/center]
[/spoiler]

Username: Hatcher

Name: Quentin Harlowe

Race: Human

Appearance: Short blonde hair, blue eyes, and a serious scowl permanently etched on her face. Her attire is typically all business and rarely armor, as her battle style is typically focused on avoiding, evading, and sabotage.

Bio: As far back as Quentin could remember she was alone. She doesn't recall ever having parents or receiving any kind of formal education, her earliest memories were growing up among many other orphan children in the streets. They had all learned to take care of themselves at a young age, and watched out for one another.

At the age of 10 she was on her own and looking for work. Quentin worked a number of odd jobs doing whatever was necessary. Bar tending, blacksmith, tour guiding, she even briefly spent some time as a thief and an even briefer time as a street wench.

Eventually at the age of 19 she chose a life of being a mercenary and, using a lifetime of skills she had gathered she works for whoever pays her the most.

Currently it's John Alexander.

Personality: Quentin is always cool, calm and collected. She always has a rather serious demeanor, and seems to care little about the lives of others, whether they be human or vampires. She values people based on what they can provide her as opposed to anything related to genuine affection or love.

Faction: Neutral

Abilities:
1: A master of illusions, Quentin can change the way others see her with a bit of magic. This is usually used either to make her temporarily invisible to avoid detecting or to disguise herself as someone else. This illusion is broken depending on how perceptive the person is and how close they are.
2: A control of wind. While naturally flexible, with the power of wind the young lady can further make large leaps and dodge attacks effortlessly.
[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Calm, cool, and collected doesn't usually show in ordinary characters either. They usually end up appearing arrogant, paranoid or shaky. *shrugs* But that's not for me to worry about.

A sexy mercenary is acceptable by all means~

[spoiler=App]
[b]Username: [/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Piercer of the Heavens[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Name: [/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Luis Vernon[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Gender: Male [/b]
[b]Race:[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Human[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Age: [/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]31[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][spoiler=Appearance] [/size][/font][/color][img]http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/021/5/6/militia_guard_by_jasonengle-d4n4xw5.jpg[/img][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] [/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]
[b]Bio:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3] Luis has always been a mercenary throughout his life, even when young. At the age of 15 he decided to leave his home, tired of all the drama that would occur within. Since he had no money or specific skill he became a mercenary. He would be hired by many people and vampires. He used to never do assassinations, only stealing, spying, etc. It was at the age of 21 that he took his first assassination mission, that is when he soon found out that this is where the money is. He realized that it was tough and that each mission required a different set of skills. So using magic he slowly found a way around that, he began to master Armor Magic. This magic gave him different armor and weapons, each coming with their own abilities. Driven by greed he slowly started to earn fame in the within the mercenaries. His greed soon started to take over his life, he could never be pleased. Constantly he would put his life in danger for material possessions. [/size][/color][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]One event changed his whole personality though, one of his assassination missions during the age of 27. The people were giving out the biggest reward he has ever seen, only to kill an old man. Luis happily accepted it, thinking that he was going to become the richest man on the land with only one kill. Once he found the old man, deep within a dark forest, he challenged him, thinking that it would make the fight more fair for the old man if he didn't do any sneak attacks. The dragged on for hours, with the old man being the victor. Luis had used every armor and weapon he had, but none of them were enough. In the end Luis laid on his back on the floor, the old mans hands to Luis' throat. "It's time to change." the old man spoke for the first time during the battle. "Greed has consumed you; leaving only specs of the real you. I could not take it anymore, I couldn't see you hurting yourself anymore. I had to put a stop to it, so please... it's time to help. No longer will you fight for your own needs. Fight for the needs of every other living being on earth. Do whats best for them." With that the old man began to walk away. At that moment light managed to break through the forest hitting the old man. Luis swore that he saw what looked like wings of a bird attached to the old mans back, along with a ring floating above his head. Luis couldn't believe it, but didn't have time to think as he blacked out soon after.[/size][/color][/font]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]He awoke hours later, in the middle of the night. He was still on the floor, but all his wounds were gone. He didn't feel any pain at all. Almost as if it didn't happen. He was still disoriented as he tried to walk back home, but instead stumbled across an open field littered with glowing green stones. The field was 10 ft in diameter, and only a few feet away from the battle cite. Luis again collapsed by the stones. He awoke the next morning feeling like a new man. From then on he began to help not only people, but anything that needed his help, even vampires. To this day he doesn't know why he does this, it just feels right to him. With the war going out he decided that he would try to bring peace to the world again. So one day he tried to get a meeting with [/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Elnaer von Mira, to tell him to stop the war. Only to be thrown into prison without a second thought. There he made friend with prisoners, including [/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Alsa von Mira and [/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Feredir Beriadon. He still wants to bring piece to the world and has told both of them that, but he just can't escape as of now.[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Personality: [/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]As of now Luis is no longer the heartless mercenary that he once was. Now he cares about any being of the earth, whether human, vampire, or animal. Whenever he eats he pays respect to whatever needed to be killed in order for him to get the food. He prefers to settle thing by talking, but that doesn't mean he is afraid to fight. He also prefers not to kill, but will do it if necessary. (if I need more personality tell me, its just I can't think of anything else right now, but this should give you the basic idea of his personality.)[/size][/color][/font]
[b]Faction:[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Neutral [/size][/font][/color]
[b]Abilities:[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Armor Magic. This allows him to switch armor-weapons combo instantaneously. Each armor-weapon combo stays with each other and cannot switch. Each armor/weapon combo comes with its own set of abilities such as flight, superstrenght, etc. Each armor-weapon usually only comes with one ability. An example would be his Crow Armor(most commonly used)[/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]. Wings would appear on his back(matchin that of a crows just in the size ratio for a human) and feathers(hard as steel) would form around his body(except head) forming the armor. He would have what looks like a crows head as a helmet(Top beak would point forward around 1.5 ft and there is no bottom beak. This makes his face not covered[/size][/font][/color]). T[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]wo crow heads(the size of a soccerball, without beak) would appear on his hands. The beaks would be 2 ft. in lenght, that would act as blades.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler] [/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Piercer of the Heavens' timestamp='1345256088' post='6009742']
[spoiler=App]
[b]Username: [/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Piercer of the Heavens[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Name: [/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Luis Vernon[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Gender: Male [/b]
[b]Race:[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Human[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Age: [/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]31[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][spoiler=Appearance] [/size][/font][/color][img]http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2012/021/5/6/militia_guard_by_jasonengle-d4n4xw5.jpg[/img][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] [/spoiler][/size][/font][/color]
[b]Bio:[/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3] Luis has always been a mercenary throughout his life, even when young. At the age of 15 he decided to leave his home, tired of all the drama that would occur within. Since he had no money or specific skill he became a mercenary. He would be hired by many people and vampires. He used to never do assassinations, only stealing, spying, etc. It was at the age of 21 that he took his first assassination mission, that is when he soon found out that this is where the money is. He realized that it was tough and that each mission required a different set of skills. So using magic he slowly found a way around that, he began to master Armor Magic. This magic gave him different armor and weapons, each coming with their own abilities. Driven by greed he slowly started to earn fame in the within the mercenaries. His greed soon started to take over his life, he could never be pleased. Constantly he would put his life in danger for material possessions. [/size][/color][/font]

[font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]One event changed his whole personality though, one of his assassination missions during the age of 27. The people were giving out the biggest reward he has ever seen, only to kill an old man. Luis happily accepted it, thinking that he was going to become the richest man on the land with only one kill. Once he found the old man, deep within a dark forest, he challenged him, thinking that it would make the fight more fair for the old man if he didn't do any sneak attacks. The dragged on for hours, with the old man being the victor. Luis had used every armor and weapon he had, but none of them were enough. In the end Luis laid on his back on the floor, the old mans hands to Luis' throat. "It's time to change." the old man spoke for the first time during the battle. "Greed has consumed you; leaving only specs of the real you. I could not take it anymore, I couldn't see you hurting yourself anymore. I had to put a stop to it, so please... it's time to help. No longer will you fight for your own needs. Fight for the needs of every other living being on earth. Do whats best for them." With that the old man began to walk away. At that moment light managed to break through the forest hitting the old man. Luis swore that he saw what looked like wings of a bird attached to the old mans back, along with a ring floating above his head. Luis couldn't believe it, but didn't have time to think as he blacked out soon after.[/size][/color][/font]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]He awoke hours later, in the middle of the night. He was still on the floor, but all his wounds were gone. He didn't feel any pain at all. Almost as if it didn't happen. He was still disoriented as he tried to walk back home, but instead stumbled across an open field littered with glowing green stones. The field was 10 ft in diameter, and only a few feet away from the battle cite. Luis again collapsed by the stones. He awoke the next morning feeling like a new man. From then on he began to help not only people, but anything that needed his help, even vampires. To this day he doesn't know why he does this, it just feels right to him. With the war going out he decided that he would try to bring peace to the world again. So one day he tried to get a meeting with [/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Elnaer von Mira, to tell him to stop the war. Only to be thrown into prison without a second thought. There he made friend with prisoners, including [/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Alsa von Mira and [/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Feredir Beriadon. He still wants to bring piece to the world and has told both of them that, but he just can't escape as of now.[/size][/font][/color]
[b]Personality: [/b][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]As of now Luis is no longer the heartless mercenary that he once was. Now he cares about any being of the earth, whether human, vampire, or animal. Whenever he eats he pays respect to whatever needed to be killed in order for him to get the food. He prefers to settle thing by talking, but that doesn't mean he is afraid to fight. He also prefers not to kill, but will do it if necessary. (if I need more personality tell me, its just I can't think of anything else right now, but this should give you the basic idea of his personality.)[/size][/color][/font]
[b]Faction:[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] Neutral [/size][/font][/color]
[b]Abilities:[/b][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Armor Magic. This allows him to switch armor-weapons combo instantaneously. Each armor-weapon combo stays with each other and cannot switch. Each armor/weapon combo comes with its own set of abilities such as flight, superstrenght, etc. Each armor-weapon usually only comes with one ability. An example would be his Crow Armor(most commonly used)[/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]. Wings would appear on his back(matchin that of a crows just in the size ratio for a human) and feathers(hard as steel) would form around his body(except head) forming the armor. He would have what looks like a crows head as a helmet(Top beak would point forward around 1.5 ft and there is no bottom beak. This makes his face not covered[/size][/font][/color]). T[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]wo crow heads(the size of a soccerball, without beak) would appear on his hands. The beaks would be 2 ft. in lenght, that would act as blades.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][/spoiler] [/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Accepted. It's always fun to have prisoner roomies, although I have to admit I can't quite understand what 'Armor Magic' is...it's a little complicated for me to understand. So, just to confirm, his Armor Magic allows him to materialize different armors at once, each with their own special ability?

I'll probably start the RP in a few days. To be honest, we have more than enough apps to start right now, but it's just...personal issues. Heavy personal issues that I need to address first before this roleplay. Sorry, guys.

[quote name='Merciful Idiot' timestamp='1345272654' post='6009905']
Accepted. It's always fun to have prisoner roomies, although I have to admit I can't quite understand what 'Armor Magic' is...it's a little complicated for me to understand. So, just to confirm, his Armor Magic allows him to materialize different armors at once, each with their own special ability?
[/quote]
Yes that's what it is. That's a much easier way to explain. I wonder why didn't I think of that...

[quote]Yes that's what it is. That's a much easier way to explain. I wonder why didn't I think of that...[/quote]
*shrugs* Well, that simplifies a lot ^_^

[quote]Alright I think I may be joining the remake but not as Rayge. I had a new idea for a character so...reserve.[/quote]
Alright~ reserved.

I know, it's just John thinking that. He believes that having a vampire be second-in-command of the human's last stand is way too dangerous and risky.

I actually figured out John's abilities while staring at his picture, which made him seem like a Phoenix. And everyone knows Phoenixes are connected to fire, right? So that's what I based his magic and style of combat on.

Archived