Legend Blood [FINISHED, please lock/PG-13/IC] *remake*

Merci

[color=#000000]Humans... Shanna [i]was[/i] one once. And she would've remained as such had she not venture [i]into[/i] this god forsaken place that was Kaname's lab. It seemed to keep reminding her of John, how much she longed to be with her again, and how much she feared him viewing her as some form of monstrosity. The latter, of course, was for [i]all[/i] humans. Not just John. However, Shanna made up her mind, and turned to Kaname. However, it was useless to try and speak physically; with what the combination of the removal of her tongue and her voice being so badly distorted during the transformation that such a normally simple feat was nigh impossible for her. Instead...[/color]

[color=#ee82ee][i]'I want to go back,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Shanna signed, [/color][i][color=#ee82ee]'They need to see what's happened to me,'[/color][/i]

[color=#008080]"Very well, but you're [i]not[/i] to allow them the knowledge of our research, [i]nor[/i] the co-ordinates of the laboratory,"[/color][color=#000000] Kaname made this statement very clear, with Shanna nodding hesitantly in acknowledgement, before speaking once more, [/color][color=#008080]"Then we should get going."[/color]

[color=#000000]Kaname approached a bookcase that was wedged into one of the walls, and grabbed a book from it. This book was actually covering a peephole that Kaname had then looked through, only to deduce that no-one was on the other side of the wall. Using the typical vampire's super-strength, Kaname pushed the entire bookcase with no more force than a human would apply to a jammed door, and, after exiting the lab and allowing Shanna to do the same, wedged it back into place.[/color]

[color=#008080][i]'Perhaps I should invest in a less crude entrance-way,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Kaname thought to himself as the two of them entered the streets of Nuevedia.[/color]

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ed was training a group of trainees on integrating magic into their respective fighting styles. He sparring with a trainee, showing the others on how to attack their opponent with magic while still engaging in weapons combat. [color=#800000]"You need to distract you opponent with[/color] [color=#800000]weapon, so when they are too busy defending, you hit them with magic[/color][color=#800000]." [/color]Ed went for a downward slash, and when his opponent went to raise his shield to block it, he created an icicle and shot it at him. The icicle stopped right in front of his face, but he was startled and fell back. Ed dismissed the icicle and picked the trainee up. [color=#800000]"Timing is crucial as well. As you saw, I slipped my icicle in before he got his shield up." [/color]Ed sheathed his katana before he continued. [color=#800000]"Now, I want you to keep practicing with each other. What we are doing is really important, so I want you to do your best." [/color]Ed let the trainees get back to work while he watched from the sidelines. They were sloppy and their magic was weak, but at least it was a vast improvement compared to a while ago, though it still was weak. [i]This is going to be a while.[/i]

John watched silently as Ed sparred with another trainee, teaching a bunch of them tactics during training. Still, they were all running out of time, as Nuevida would have to be infiltrated tonight. They had to be ready by tonight. How do you bring over fifty human warriors (and a vampire) into the capital city of the vampires, where the Vampire Lord himself resides? Well, the answer was quite simple for the Phoenix, being somewhat experienced in this field. It was-

[b]"Humans, give up this futile attempt to try to kill my brother, Lord Elnaer. It is useless."[/b] A shadow avatar began staring straight at John. It didn't take half a brain for him to figure out that it was Niasa, the vampire princess, speaking. [b]"The Phoenix, how do you expect to lead these people into battle. Your second-in-command is a disgraced vampire, you lead less than a hundred soldiers and some are unfit for battle or so young or both and you expect to beat Elnaer. What a foolish venture. You have been warned , humans. Any attacks on Nuevida will be dealt with harshly and you will all be tortured very painfully." [/b]

With that, the avatar melted into a pile of shadows, presumably returning back to her castle.

"Dammit, they found us already...?" John muttered under his breath. "No matter. It's already the afternoon, and in a short amount of time nightfall will come. That's when we'll infiltrate their city..." He rehearsed to himself the plan, and stayed calm.

It had been a loud voice, possibly loud enough for the whole camp to hear, but hopefully most of the soldiers wouldn't be discouraged. They had all risked their life joining and working for this camp, so surely one speech by the vampire princess wouldn't discourage them. And so he continued on, patrolling the rest of the camp.

---------------------------

[color=darkred]"Thank you, dear sister."[/color] Lord Elnaer said, amused. And when she left for the library, he reached out back to the secret compartment, took the glass, and finished the rest of it in one big gulp.

Clarice had made it back to camp just in time to catch the vampire speech. Her eyes were overwhelmed with blood lust as she was silent. Such condescension from an obviously frail being, even if it was a vampire, was shameful. She looked around as the speech was done but there was no fear in the camp just motivation. The enemy knows of our presence and now they dare give us advantage with morale boosting speeches from twigs. Faces will be smashed, arms will be severed, hymens will be busted, and there will be blood, lots and lots of human blood. It was at this time she watched Ed looking over his magically crippled trainees, much work had to be done. It was time for emergency measures. She snapped her fingers and her four bodyguards grabbed each of the girls who were relatively fine, well they were able to fight and put them in the middle of her allotted training area. They looked up in fear as ten sword came from the sky and fell in front of each of the girls.

[color=#ff8c00]Strip[/color]...Clarice said coldly..The girls were scared but her eyes and gaze left them no other option. So they did and there they stood naked for all of the camp to see, impressive bodies these girls had, some could have benefited from some shaving but still nice. Of course Clarice joined them and herself was soon naked with nothing other than a sword. Her bodyguards came with giant barrels of some kind of boiling tree sap and proceeded to cover all of the combatants in it. [color=#ff8c00]"This sap will keep...us...from killing each other. So here is the deal, you ten have from now to the 2 hours before our trip to Vampire-dom to make me surrender...Now...Begin!!"[/color] And with a command such as that she charged at them. Though the girls were so nervous at first they made the smart decision that simply fight for their lives instead of worrying about what other thought of their looks.

"That, [b]is too extreme, [i]Clarice!"[/i][/b] The Phoenix protested, running over to the training area, though he hesitated in directly interrupting their training sesson. "I don't care whether this is going to train them or not, but [i]stripping[/i] can distract the male soldiers in the resistance - which might I add makes up more than half of it - and lower their own effectiveness. Harsh physical training is one thing, but forcing soldiers to remove their own clothing is another entirely! I demand that you halt this ridiculous catfight immediately! Do you not care for the state of mind of your men- er, women after this is all over...?!? At the very least, allow them to wear some sort of clothing...!!!"

He looked around, hoping somebody would support him.

"Sometimes I think there's some master [b]man[/b] of words out there, pulling your strings, Clarice..." He remarked, and shook his head.

Even so, this cheered him up a little. Not that he was interested in [i]that [/i]kind of thing, but that he actually had something that [i]wasn't[/i] a vampire to be angry at. He waited for the black woman to reply.

Clarice was all about to proceed to her epic training when Captain Kill-joy just [i]had [/i]to come in and open his big mouth about...something...didn't matter. He sat there and listened to his lecture, hemming and hawing the entire time. Its like being yelled at by some nagging stranger acting under it takes a village principle. Rolling her eyes she glanced back at her ten little cadets covered in wax. A smile quickly covered her face. She turned to the phoenix and with her smile just pointed to the ten girls. As he went on about their mental state he saw the the ten girls did not drop their stance, their faces were filled with killing intent, and they didn't show a hint of doubt in their actions. Such doubt they feared would lead to their deaths. This was the girls will to live taking form, backed into a wall these foxes were about to show their claws, they did not care who saw them, they did not care about the opinions of men all they knew is that they would slay the black devil standing before them. This is what Clarice wanted the evolution of a warriors heart, pride, mentality, in short the sheer essence of a warrior. These girls had achieved that, sure they could spend the remaining time playing around with magic that was going to be crap if they didn't have the backbone to use it to the fullest or they could "man-up" and have a chance of surviving this infiltration. Clarice hoped John could see the miracle and power that this WOMAN had bestowed clearly something that the men could learn from.

[color=#ff8c00]"Seriously, do you think that I care if your men find entertainment value in my methods if they are distracted take them out in the woods and have them trained elsewhere, we don't have much time. And come on..do my results not speak for themselves. Within the course of less than half a day I have given these girls a true warrior's spirit. You should be thanking me. Look at the other trainees...[/color]pointing to Ed's and Lyon students then points to her's[color=#ff8c00]...you know who's would win. As for clothes...nah the sap would just get them dirty for no reason, this is the best way. And besides you say after all this is over, we're going into a war zone and you know what Vampire's can do to a human, that alone would scar them for life if they don't buck-up and prepare. Tsk tsk, come on now I know you're scared for the women but as I see it...my girls are the strongest group here. Now do you have anything else to say this talk has let them charge-up whatever magic the girls are using considerably. I didn't really intend to give them prep time."[/color]

"Very well, your point is taken, Clarice. Just...train them your way." John gave up, observing the female trainees and their fragile determination. "Even so, I can't help but wish that you would be a little more like, I don't know, Quentin or Shanna for example. This camp is filled with experienced warriors who know how to handle vampires from their lives. You can teach your girls how to fight, and they can be ready for it, but you're rushing them through power and desperation, but without the experience. And warriors without experience may lose us vital battle, someday." Then he added, "But until then, continue."

Leaving his words at that, he sighed and walked away, leaving the problem of Clarice to some other person, perhaps Lyon could perhaps convince her better than him. With that, the commander John continued his patrol of the camp, observing the rest.

Clarice turned around to face her opponents, though she can sense John's disappointment she knew her path was right the girls all had the raw materials of becoming a strong combatant its just that they needed pressure and refinement and no man was going to give that to them without "taking it easy." She turned around to apologize for the interruption, but she quickly found that the girls were already upon her in a make shift formation. Clarice tried to enter a defensive stance but one of the girls had shot a point blank fire ball at her causing her to do a back flip into a recovery squat. Unfortunately for Clarice two more girls had already got her in a pincer formation and they slashed her in half at the torso, well they would have if the sap didn't do its job and take the hit. But that didn't stop the girls' relentless assault. Wave after wave the girls proceeded to throw magic at their instructor. The girls were panting at the end of their assault covering their training area in a cloud of smoke.

When the smoke cleared all that could be seen was Clarice with her sword stuck in the ground clapping her hands trying not to cry at the work she had done. The girls had maintained a constant offensive for about 20 minutes leaving no real chance for her to defend herself. Yes in a perfect world they would have fought a vampire before hand and therefore be of use in this raid, but we don't live in perfect and rather them watch and be disemboweled and sodomized for this raid lets just give them a glimpse of fear for the time being. She watched as the girls charged towards her again. She barely had any sap covering her left so she couldn't afford to go easy this time. So she reached out her hand and pulled out a broadsword. Though it looked dense it she clearly seemed to wield it like a feather. The girls didn't even flinch at the sight of this it was as if they saw their goal and they were going to kill it. She was satisfied and it took way less time than she had anticipated.

She lifted her sword arm up and it disappeared, just the arm and sword. Though this new movement confused the girls they still proceeded, but as they got closer they found themselves being slashed from all angles. Clarice simply ran through them with her invisible sword arm technique mowing through them like grass. Once all of the girls were knocked out she proceed to walk away. Unfortunately she took one step and a huge explosion went of in the training camp. It seems as if the girls had laid traps too, but without sap protecting her she took more damage than she really wanted to.

The smoke cleared once again with Clarice covered in burns and her hair completely in disarray, yet she didn't seem to show pain (can't show pain in front of the men), and walked away with her eye twitching. She ordered her bodyguards to go and pick the girls up. they deserve a rest. It will take some time to remove that sap anyway. Clarice herself made her naked way to a medical tent not caring who saw her and all her naked glory.

Niasa strode back into the library there was one thing she needed to know. Niasa flicked out one of the hidden sai in her dress and wedged into the floor she opened a small crack in the floor to reveal a small cavarn, that was all could see though, she could not see Iron Dragon, the prison structure, all of this appeared to her as a small cavarn and nothing else. Niasa grabbed a carpet a pulled it over so she could hide the small crack in the floor if need be. She could tell Elnear about this later, but right now she needed to know something. Niasa grabbed a pen from one of the desks, and tore out one of those useless blank pages at the beginning not wanting to harm the book. She wrote a note that said this, [i]Is anyone down there?[/i] and slipped down into the crack in the floor and waited to see if someone would answer.

[color=#000000]Deciding that he'd best not worry about the entrance-way right now, Kaname continued to walk past Nuevedia's gates, Shanna slithering along ahead and leading the way to the camp. It took a considerable length of time for the two to traverse the roads on foot, but Shanna knew the way. After all, it was unlikely that John would suddenly pack up his entire camp and move elsewhere, unless of course they were suddenly to be discovered. But the human resistance had [i]no[/i] idea that Shanna was with Kaname now. Not yet. And she intended to keep it that way for as long as she possibly could. From the distance, still too far in the distance for the naked human eye to make them out thoroughly, Kaname and Shanna stopped walking... and started observing what appeared to be a free-for-all between a large bunch of naked women.[/color]

[i][color=#008080]'Hmm, must admit that I admire the fool who could've thought up this way of fighting. It [b]may[/b] win an award for creativity, but in the end, it's not gonna work. Still...'[/color][/i][color=#000000] Kaname let his thoughts run briefly through his mind, before he noticed a beaming Shanna pick up the pace, trying to rush over to familiar ground, [/color][color=#008080]"Hold. I [i]thought[/i] you wanted to take this [i]slowly[/i]... in which case I'd [i]suggest[/i] you hide in those bushes for now."[/color]

[color=#ee82ee][i]'I don't want to hide any more, though!'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Shanna signed aggresively as she looked back at Kaname, her signing being to her left a bit since she had her back turned to him, [/color][i][color=#ee82ee]'I'm done with hiding my fears! If they won't accept me for what I've become, then so be it! But if they do...'[/color][/i]

[color=#008080]"Alright, go on,"[/color][color=#000000] Kaname replied, gesturing Shanna to move forward and into the camp, [/color][color=#008080]"But return here within the hour, and [i]stay[/i] in my sight."[/color]

[color=#000000]Knowing full well of how far Kaname was actually able to [i]see[/i], Shanna slithered onwards, far into the camps perimeters were John was patrolling. Kaname, however, remained well out of sight, and pretended to take interest in a few rocks that layered the road. Even if he [i]was[/i] seen, at least he wouldn't appear suspicious this way.[/color]

As John patrolled, looking around, his eye suddenly caught a familiar face. And an odd slithery sound too but that was probably nothing. Turning to face her, it took only a second or so for him to confirm that yes, it was indeed her. Shanna. So she had lived after all, and had now after months of absence finally come back to report from Nuevida...! Perfect timing. With his trustful spy finally showing herself, they had the advantage in terms of intelligence, and perhaps defeating Lord Elnaer didn't seem so improbable now!

He didn't ran over to her, there was no need to be surprised at her return. There had been no way that she would've let herself get caught after all. Instead, he merely walked over to her.

"Shanna, it's good to see you again. Status repor-" then he noticed that she was wearing a bikini top, blushed, and quickly turned to face the other way. "Erm- ehem- Shanna! Can you please explain to me why you are not wearing a shirt...?" He asked the ninja, keeping himself from turning around for the sake of politeness.

Had he turned around, he might've noticed a few rather inhuman details and changes about his former spy.

[color=#000000]As John turned away from her, Shanna was about to turn and leave, thinking that he saw everything and couldn't accept her. But... out of [i]all[/i] the things that were different about Shanna, John [i]had[/i] to ask about the bikini. Shanna didn't know whether to breathe a sigh of relief or wail in despair. But she [i]did[/i] turn back around, and placed her hand around John's chin, shifting his face so that his eyes could meet [i]her[/i] [/color][color=#000000]teary gaze.[/color]

[color=#ee82ee][i]'I'm lucky to have some modesty,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Shanna attempted to sign with the remaining hand, [/color][i][color=#ee82ee]'After what he's done to me...'[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]By he, of course, Shanna had meant Kaname. Tears continued to flow down Shanna's cheeks, but she didn't have the spare hands to try and wipe them off, as the thought of having to betray the others was starting to mentally torture her. She didn't know whether John was pretending to be oblivious or not, but there was no denying that even if he wasn't, it was only a matter of time before he would put two and two together. That was the eventuality that Shanna feared most.[/color]

"Ah."

Taking a deep breath, he turned around once more to face her after reading her sign language. He wasn't an idiot, having quickly deduced what must have happened. What must have happened was what John had been trying to avoid, his spy Shanna had been discovered and captured. Looking below at where her 'feet' should've been, he guessed it was one of their scientists too, and this scientist had experimented upon her. She didn't usually let herself get captured, so perhaps there was something about that particular scientist that had intrigued her, distracted her from her mission...unfortunately, John knew too little about vampires overall to narrow down the potential candidates. Honestly, the only vampires he knew were the members of the royal family.

But regardless of whether he knew him or not, whoever did this was definitely going to pay.

He faced her with a serious expression, now ignoring the bikini. During tense situations, it was better to ignore such trivial details.

"Are you unharmed?" He asked her with a look of worry, assuming straightaway that she had somehow escaped. There was also the chance that she had led the vampire here...but for now he'd like to believe that she was by herself. "...In any case, I'm glad that you're still alive, Shanna. Regardless of past events, tonight's the night we're infiltrating the capital city...and late or not, a report from my most trusted ally would most definitely be useful and appreciated."

Lyon saw everything happening amongst the camp, between the usual chaos Clarice caused to the random shade appearing to insult them and tell them they have no hope.[i] If our plan has been revealed to Lord Elnaer, the chances of success are going to be much lower than before.[/i] Walking out of the camp, Lyon took care to avoid the reunion between John and Shanna, instead entering the forest nearby, and walking a small distance in. With a sharp flick of his head, he looked over towards the man examining rocks near the road. Judging by his skin, Lyon guessed he was a vampire, and so stayed nearby, hidden behind a tree, to watch and see what he did.

[color=#8b4513]"Hello? Is anybody here?"[/color] Glân called out to the empty streets. The wind blew a stray shutter against the wall of a run down building. [i][color=#ff8c00]"Well great. You have taken us to a dead town.[/color][/i] [i][color=#ff8c00]Now we will certainly die.[/color][/i] [color=#8b4513]But this can't be, I bought this map just last month, how can a town that exists on this map not exist within reality?[/color] [i][color=#ff8c00]Perhaps it is because the map is older than you though.[/color][/i] [color=#8b4513]No that is not the case, I checked this map with the map in the last city we were in, it checks out as valid and up to date. Perhaps something happened to the people here.[/color] [i][color=#ff8c00]Well either way we need to find food and water or we can bet that we will be the next death here."[/color][/i] Just then Glân heard a noise coming from one of the houses. He walked over to it and discovered a small girl hiding in the building. [color=#8b4513]"Hello there, who are you?" [/color]Glân waited for an answer but the girl simply ran away. [color=#ff8c00][i]*Titch*[/i][/color] [color=#ff8c00][i]"Load of help she was, next time let me do the talking Glân.[/i][/color] [color=#8b4513]She looked terrified, and no you will not do the talking, you scare people away with your overly emotional reactions.[/color] [i][color=#ff8c00]Bah what ever, lets just find some food I am starving.[/color][/i] [color=#8b4513]Your always starving, but yes your right, we need to find something to eat."[/color] Glân continued to search around the town for some food all the while unaware that the small girl who had run off was now watching him go about his task.

Adrian chuckled and turned to face the cell of the one Human, a Lonely fellow who seemed to have hidden himself in the dark. His gazed watched him, his eyes wandering and examining his structure. "Who gave you permission to speak, worm?" Adrian asked, his polite and sypathetic sounding voice unsuccessfully hiding the loathing and hatred. His voice was cold - cruel - and his eyes seemed to sparkle with hunger. His open hand twitched every so often, and his snake-like tongue flashed in and out of his lips, as if licking them.

The Vampire snapped his head back to the Metal Monstrosity, watching as the 'Iron Dragon' started to awake, towerring impressively over him. Adrian was unfazed, and merely laughed as the Monster approached the bars to his cell, taking what appeared to be a challenge almost like a compliment. "You flatter me." Adrian hissed, his lips lifting slightly to reveal his fanged teeth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feredir didn't move an inch as the Iron Dragon started to explain what he was doing, that he was purposefully gathering attention. A slightly irritating method to do so, but effective. He listened intently as the Being explained his reason for gathering their attention - that he wished to escape - and was sure that he somehow knew of Feredir's curiousity.

The elf would've moved closer to the bars so as to engage in the conversation, and somehow formulate a plan, when he froze, having rolled over and placed one foot on the cell floor.
"You had best be quiet." Feredir muttered, as the Prison door creaked open, and foot steps began to descend the stairs. Each step echoed in Feredir's ears, his hearing more attuned than any other's. The Elf moved himself off of the bed and towards the cell bars, where he sat on the floor and leaned his head against the bars, watching the Vampire's movements. [i]Dont provoke him.[/i] Feredir thought, a feeling of almost alarm running through his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[i]He's looking for a fight.[/i] Adrian thought, smiling at the Idea. This hunk of junk couldn't defeat him, and no matter what secrets he hid, Adrian was still superior. What could possibly defeat a vampire anyway? The Iron beast seemed to think it could, for it stared intently at Adrian, it's glass eyes seeming to be filled with a killer intent. "What could you possibly do to me?" Adrian muttered, his eyes locked with the 'Demon's'.

Adrian was tempted to almost poke it with his sword when the hulk replied, it's voice more fluent and soft that Adrian had expected. However, the words were predictable; [b]"We both know the answer to that."[/b] Adrian sighed and grabbed the hilt of his sword with his right hand, leaving the sheath in his left, as the Iron Dragon started to inhale. "What are you....?" Adrian started before moving to the side, his rapid instincts kicking in and allowing him to jump out of range within moments, away from the cells of the main prisoners.

~~~~~~~~

The Elf reacted quickly. Even with weakened powers, he could concentrate. He focussed his energy onto his cell lock and twisted it, hearing a satisfying click noise as Adrian's boots came into contact with the stone slab floor. Before the acidic spray could spread to the other cells, Feredir lifted his hand and seemed to enclose it within an invisible sphere. He then moved his hand behind him, the Sphere following him, and threw it towards his empty cell, spilling harmlessly towards the floor. [i]Time to work.[/i] Feredir mused, rubbing his hands together and concentrating on every occupied cell. He turned to face Adrian and placed his hands out to his side, pushing them forwards as every cell door opened, flying open in that direction.

After his spell was done, he leant against the nearest wall, panting slightly. He kept his eyes on Adrian, but knew that it would be up to the others to deal with him, or else he'd be useless later in the escape.
As he caught his breath, a small piece of paper descended from a small hole in the ceiling above, one ultimately leading through a small cavern up to the library. Feredir glanced at the note and placed it in his pocket, barely thinking about who had sent it and focussing more upon the matter at hand.

Iron was unfazed as he saw his acidic breath suddenly thrown aside into the empty cell, but was surprised by how easily the elf had managed to break open the lock to his cell. He was about to use his own considerable strength to simply tear down the door of his own cell, but then by some magic not wrought by him it came flying open. A feral smile came over his face as he calmly stepped through the barred door, his fingers curling tightly to form his hands into fists. He kept his fists held at his sides for a moment, before bringing them up to his shoulders, his forearms crossed over each other into an X-shape. His glass green eyes were locked on Adrian, the cause of so much of the torment here in this prison. He hated the vampire, but still knew that escape was a much more important objective than killing him which would likely be difficult and time consuming while time was not something they had.

"What could I possibly do to you?" He spoke using the same tone of voice that the jail keeper had, a taunting mimicry of cruelty. It was then that he threw his arms out, a wave of heat erupting off of his hands as they shifted into metal mimics of Dragon's claws. Judging by the white-hot glow of the claws, they were more than hot enough to melt steel on contact and certainly bright enough to hurt the eyes of one who had become accustomed to the dark. "I don't think I have to answer that."

Without another word, Iron Dragon rushed forward with a display of speed that would prove itself equal to any vampire. He kept his right hand low and held back from the front of his body, waiting until he had closed the distance to drive it straight towards the vampire. His intention was not to harm, merely to force him into dodging out of the way to give him enough room to get to the elf. Were he able to get to Feredir, his intention was to wrap his free arm tightly around the male's waist before turning about to run to the cell in which the "dead" prince was held so as to grab hold of him in a similar way with his other arm and begin sprinting up the very stairs down which Adrian had come. Of course this all depended upon Adrian moving as the male predicted he would, and predictions were dangerous things to make.

[color=#000000]Shanna nodded in response to John asking if she was OK, before preparing to sign what she knew to John. However she struck an epiphany. She remembered being ordered [i]specifically[/i] not to give details on the lab or Kaname's research, and she hardly paid attention to anything else that John might need to know. Refraining from saying anything was out of the question as [i]well[/i]. That meant that Shanna was left with one option... and one option only.[/color]

[color=#ee82ee][i]'I'm sorry, I...'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Shanna gulped between her signing, knowing damn [i]well[/i] that she was about to lie to John, something she always felt guilty of, [/color][color=#ee82ee][i]'I don't remember anything... not before I was captured. If only I knew I was compromised from the start, then I would've held off for another day or something.'[/i][/color]

[color=#000000]...[/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, Kaname maintained his facade of being interested in the rocks, until he managed to spot a vampire walking along the forest floor, stopping behind a tree in an attempt to hide himself. Being the sniper that he self-trained himself to be, Kaname could spot even the [i]smallest[/i] trace of skin in amongst the terrain. Therefore, it didn't take him long to see where this vampire was through the tree that he was trying to hide behind. All he needed was a close observation of the tree.[/color]

[color=#000000]This begged a question though, why would this vampire want to hide from Kaname, and why did he just come from the direction of the human camp? There could've been only two answers: one would be because he was a vampire spy, but he still had no reason to hide from his own brethren.[/color]

[color=#008080]"You must be the one that betrayed the royal family," [/color][color=#000000]Kaname concluded, [/color][color=#008080]"And in case you hadn't noticed, I can see you from [i]here[/i]."[/color]

[color=red]"Y- you idiot, there's still one more...!"[/color] Alsa shouted, pointing to the last cell, where Luis lay quietly for some reason.

He didn't quite understand what was going on, only that some [i]thing[/i] that wasn't quite human was creating an escape straightaway. Adrian had apparently been distracted what with the acid breath and all, an unimaginable event that the young vampire prince had never thought possible. Nobody else had ever made it this far, and this time he he to admit, the last time a human tried to escape, they didn't have acid breath, and certainly they weren't aided by an elf from old times. Alsa's small energy orb, a wisp that followed them around, continued to do so while shedding light wherever he stood.

[color=red][i]...well, I had a feeling my escape would come soon,[/i][/color] he thought randomly.

---------------------------------------------

"....Oh." John murmured faintly, with obvious disappointment in his tone.

If there was one flaw about the Phoenix, about this amazing commander who had led many battles against the threats of peace, this powerful soldier that fought under the banner of righteousness and justice, it was but one thing. He was too trusting. Therefore, he didn't even consider the possibility that she might be lying to him and hiding the information for whatever reason, truly believing her words.

"Even so," he tried to be positive. "We still need as much force as possible, and er, I have to admit Clarice and her method of female soldiers disturb me somewhat, so we still appreciate you coming back. Nobody is left behind, and everyone is worth something after all."

Like a summoning spell Clarice appeared next to John at the very mention of her name, though she wasn't totally naked she had undergarments and robe. Though she was covered in bandages due to the burns but it didn't seem to affect her in the least. She simply arrived at his side and didn't really notice who he was talking to.

[color=#ff8c00]Hey John...you talkin' about me?[/color] She couldn't hear a word he was saying she just happened to notice that he was just standing by this entrance so she felt nosy.[color=#ff8c00] I mean if you got somethin' to say, say it to my face[/color]. She said with attitude and snapping her head back and forth. Actually she was joking, she wasn't in the mood to fight but they seemed to have this bad blood between them which would have been and detriment in the upcoming night raid. She decided to look to her right and there she saw Shanna. [color=#ff8c00]OH HEEEEYYYYY Sha...What in the name of all things female is that?[/color] pointing to her lower half. [color=#ff8c00]Well...we know one thing for sure. Vampires can turn humans into...that. So what else happened we all want to know?[/color]

A sudden hiss and burst of heat scared Niasa up from the crack. Quickly pulling a rug over the crack in the floor she raced to the prison recognizing Adrian's voice. What is going on she wondered.

Niasa arrived at the prison only to find nobody there,"Adrian, are you here are you okay,"Niasa asked into the darkness. Nobody answered so Niasa wandered deeper into the prison cells to find one of the four katana Adrian kept down here missing.

"That's odd where could he have gone," Niasa searched around head gaurd's chambers and noticed a secret passage which she didn't remember, Niasa grabbed one of the three remaining katanas from the wall. She did have sai hidden withen her dress, but those where mostly tools of defense, last resorts if anything. Niasa proceeded down the intrecate hallways gripping the katana hard only to turn a corner and find Adrian walking away from a man... on fire?

Well this certainly was a strange turn of events. Although initially not worried in the slightest, for he could easily take this monstrosity down one on one, especially with it's lack of armour, the elf had been holding back on them. He was able to amass alarmingly large moments of magic and was capable of intricately applying this magic with seeming ease. That wasn't good. And he had 'released the horde', as people would say, though this horde only included 3 incredibly dangerous criminals to the empire, the vampire prince, and a few straggling humans that would've initially served as Blood for him and his liege.

"Waste of good blood." Adrian muttered to himself, the gleefully horrid grin wiped off his face, replaced with a snarl, his eyes glowing with a cold killer intent. He pulled on the hilt of his Katana as he turned to face the human worms that were escaping, and his hand blurred. When it stopped moving, Adrian was stood still and had turned, the tip of his blade pointed at Iron Dragon. Behind him, the group of humans started to disassemble, the different pieces of their bodies dropping to the floor like hunks of steak. "Not a pretty sight, is it." Adrian asked, the grin flashing across his face for a second, before he was attacked once again.

The Dragon had now released some sort of extreme heat wave from his hands, one that would've blinded any ordinary person. While Adrian wasn't blinded, he did flinch a bit and was slightly worried as the Dragon approached, going in for the kill. "And impressive attack...." Adrian muttered, moving not an inch. He merely stood there, his arm held lax at his side, sword pointed at the Dragon as he approached. "...but not good enough." He whispered, as he brought his sword up to his shoulder, and as the Claw came close he swung down, meeting the attack with almost equal strength; surprising from his slender figure. He couldn't hold the sword for long, for while it did not melt the heat conducted, so he merely jumped backwards out of harms way. However, the sword itself remained in place, the same level of pressure still being applied.

"You really think I wasn't prepared for something like this?" He asked, laughing a little. He out stretched his left hand with the sheath towards the katana, which relaxed and flew backwards, slowly sheathing itself into the scabbard. He then lifted his right hand to touch the wall, where it met a small crevice in which a lever was hidden. "I could defeat any one of you easily in one on one - the only person alive who could best me is my own liege - but I was aware of being out-numbered. And as such, precautions were taken." He chuckled, confidently, as he pulled the lever down. Before it could be stopped, a sheet of mixed stone, concrete and steel, over 3 foot thick, dropped down in front of Adrian, shaking the Prison floor a little.

Confident he had dealt with the problem, he turned around. He would deal with them later, when they were weakened from starvation, and would save the Elf and the Prince. The dragon would be killed then.
He started to walk up the stairs, smiling to himself, when he was faced with a familiar face, one that should not have witnessed that.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING DOWN HERE?!" Adrian shouted, showing more aggression than he actually felt, so as to scare the princess off, and hopefully scare her into forgetting whatever she saw. "GIVE ME MY SWORD!" He added, snatching the blade from the young girl.

~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, as Adrian left, and the wall came tumbling down, Feredir was now focussed on the roof. The collision of the wall had forced the whole prison to tremble, and the crack in which the note had fallen was enlarging. Within a few minutes, a large crack had travelled jaggedly through the roof. However, once it met the wall it tore a clean, straight slice. Curious, Feredir moved over to the wall at the end of the corridor, peering through the Crack. "A staircase!" Feredir declared, starting an attempt at opening the wall.

"I should have just guessed that regardless of how well I hid, you would see me. Some vampires are just like that, good enough sight to spot anyone hiding near them." Walking out from behind the tree, Lyon moved forward towards Kaname, all the while gathering moisture from the surrounding area around the two vampires, which slowly took the form of fog in the air around them. "I'd prefer not to bother wasting time with this issue so either you surrender now and we'll talk back in the camp, or you don't surrender, in which case I will defeat you first, and then bring you back into the camp in chains and let John talk to you instead."

[color=#ee82ee][i]'We've just been talking, Clarice,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] Shanna signed, giving off a nervous chuckle, [/color][color=#ee82ee][i]'About what happened during my botched mission. Which reminds me, I should get back out there, so I can be of more use to you guys. I'm sorry for not being able to remember any of the details. I just hope I can remember what I've forgotten,'[/i][/color]

[color=#000000]She let out a brief sigh, although considering her distorted voice, the sound of this sigh was as one would expect from the growl of a demon or alien, before looking down the road where Lyon had passed by. Now starting to become uncomfortable, Shanna gazed down the road for a few seconds, before glancing back at John.[/color]

[i][color=#ee82ee]'Can we really trust that guy?'[/color][/i][color=#ee82ee] [/color][color=#000000]Shanna signed.[/color]

[color=#000000]...[/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, down the road...[/color]

[color=#008080]"Hostility won't get you anywhere,"[/color][color=#000000] Kaname stated bluntly, [/color][color=#008080]"And neither will threatening to bind me in chains. Even if you [i]do[/i] achieve such a feat, then I'll just break out of said chains and be on my way. Besides, if I wanted to harm you, you would've been assassinated already. I'm just here to keep an eye on a certain someone."[/color]

[color=#000000]Still, he decided that he'd best check how many beads his musket that he brought with him was loaded with, in case Lyon still decided to attack him. Six beads; more than enough to kill anything that moved. Satisfied, Kaname cocked his musket again, before returning it to his side.[/color]

[color=#008080]"If you still wish to spar with me, then so be it,"[/color][color=#000000] he added, [/color][color=#008080]"However, I'd hate to think who'd be my knight in shining armor... for [i]your[/i] sake,"[/color]

"Adrian what is going on down here!" Niasa screamed. Obviously because of the large cement block she would not see what had truley been going on here Niasa proceeded to walk up the stairs, pushing Adrian aside, and hissing for good measure. Once she reached the top of the stairs though she remebered the crack in the library, and ran to it to see if she could communicate with the prisoners from there. Niasa rushed itno the library to find the crack very much enlarged, and if the draws in the ancient tomes were real an elf emerging from the crack.

Archived