Number 6: Chronomaly Atlandis

So the other day my 8 year old brother and his friend went to the local store where they had the REDU sneak peek (I wasn't there, and I wasn't aware of them going). Long story short he pulled Atlandis, and of course, someone saw him as an easy target and gave him like 4 crappy cards he got my brother interested in :\ he came home and told me he pulled an Xyz and that he traded it...30$ just slipped through our finger :(

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120819165242/yugioh/images/thumb/3/31/Number6ChronomalyAtlandis-REDU-EN-ScR-1E.jpg/300px-Number6ChronomalyAtlandis-REDU-EN-ScR-1E.jpg[/img]

anyway, discuss

[quote name='-Doodle' timestamp='1345801557' post='6011898']
[b]>8 year old[/b]
>[b]pulled Atlandis[/b]
[b]> someone [/b][b]gave him like 4 crappy cards for it[/b]
[/quote]
I swear to god, I should hire children to buy packs for me. I hear so many stories of children holding godly cards, and even my brother pulled Wind-Up Shark out of two packs along with another Super in the other pack. I even got a lot of this one kid's Secret Rares from trading commons. Good lord, I see why it is aimed towards children.

OT: I dun see much use outside of those weird OTKs.

[quote name='Alfonso the Patlan' timestamp='1345813288' post='6011937']
[b]I swear to god, I should hire children to buy packs for me. I hear so many stories of children holding godly cards, [/b]and even my brother pulled Wind-Up Shark out of two packs along with another Super in the other pack. I even got a lot of this one kid's Secret Rares from trading commons. Good lord, I see why it is aimed towards children.
[/quote]
I remember in the GAOV Sneak, a kid pulled a Cardcar D, so your statement holds some truth in it.

Take a look at the anime effect. [i]Look at this[/i]:

[quote]When this card is Xyz Summoned: Target 1 Xyz Monster in the Graveyard; equip that target to this card. This card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the monster equipped by this effect. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; halve your opponent's Life Points. During your Standby Phase, if this card has no Xyz Materials: Halve all players' Life Points. While your Life Points are 1000 or less, this card cannot be destroyed by battle, and you take no Battle Damage while you control this face-up card.[/quote]

[quote name='Dr. Cakey!!' timestamp='1345823433' post='6012016']
Take a look at the anime effect. [i]Look at this[/i]:
[/quote]
Yeah, the Numbers Tourney... Good times... And by that I mean I stomped Chris with Anime 6 and then felt like a douche for doign so.

A lot of Numbers have broke anime effects.

Destiny Leo
Volcasaurus
This
Coat of Arms

Atlanthal's anime effect was beefed up so it would be a bigger threat. IRL, its only used for a ridiculous OTK. I'm pretty sure OOParts/Chronomaly can't even summon it. Its one of the worst Numbers.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1345819480' post='6011981']
Doesn't this card only really exist in like a 20-minute Hieratic O/FTK?
[/quote]No. Dragunity... for some reason.

Anyway, this is literally the only card I did not see pulled at my sneak.

[quote name='Alfonso the Patlan' timestamp='1345813288' post='6011937']
I swear to god, I should hire children to buy packs for me. I hear so many stories of children holding godly cards, and even my brother pulled Wind-Up Shark out of two packs along with another Super in the other pack. I even got a lot of this one kid's Secret Rares from trading commons. Good lord, I see why it is aimed towards children.
[/quote]
It's also funny how when I'm there when he opens new packs, nothing special comes out :neutral:
and I have a heart-breaking story of never been lucky with opening packs, never :(

Archived