[-Griffin] Yomi [Single]

-Griffin

|Yomi|
|Normal Spell|
|You can only activate 1 "Yomi" per turn. Both players select 1 card from their Deck (simultaneously) and reveal it to their opponent. If both players revealed the same type of card (monster, spell, trap), banish them, and add them to their owner's hand during the next Standby Phase. Otherwise, return your opponent's card to their Deck and apply an effect based on the type of card you revealed:
Monster: You can Normal Summon the revealed card (tributes are still required). If you cannot, banish it.
Spell: Return the revealed card to your Deck. During this turn, your opponent cannot activate Counter Trap Cards and the monster you control with the highest ATK is unaffected by your opponent's card effects.
Trap: Return the revealed card to your Deck, place a card from your Deck or Graveyard on top of your Deck, and return this card to your hand. You cannot draw cards until the End Phase of this turn.|

The 'Spell' effect is lingering. If the monster with the highest ATK you control changes, it affects the new monster with highest ATK only (and instantly).

Well, lemme see...

[b]Name[/b]: "Yomi" can mean either "reading"... or "path to the underworld" or "Hades". If it's the last one, it's RAD! I can imagine it being a crimson, burning gate made of skeletons... THAT'S A CARD, MAN!!

[b]Primary Effect[/b]: I never saw a card that can banish a card and then "un-banish" it. Seems an original move.

[b]Secondary Effect 1[/b]: What if you already Normal Summoned that turn? You can't Normal Summon twice per turn, so I guess you banish your monster in that case, right?

[b]Secondary Effect 2[/b]: Wow... If I ever have this card, this will be my fav effect and the one I would love to use.

[b]Secondary Effect 3[/b]: This might be a great drawback. Will this affect, for example, the effect of "Mystic Tomato" to summon from your deck? Because that would make it very hard for me to use (My fave Deck in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy is Water, but I have "Mystic Tomato on it", just in case.

[b]General[/b]: There are three general types of cards, which make a combo of 9 situations for this card. 3 make a temporal banish... which I dunno how to use; 2 make a summon that is pretty likely to fail unless you are playing this card since the turn's start; 2 cause probably the only reason I would have this card on my Deck (banish a card is not helpful for me); the other 2... meh, I can deal with not being able to draw, although I prefer big hands to have more chances (when I duel Bastion, I need them all)

[b]Note[/b]: 8.5 out of 10(balanced, useful and RAD! Yet, a bad pick can get you in troubles...)

Okay, you got an opinion now. Happy? [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/289783-rs-fantasy-cards-10/"]Pay it back and Comment here[/url]

[quote name='R.Surraco' timestamp='1347931794' post='6026992']
Well, lemme see...
[b]Name[/b]: "Yomi" can mean either "reading"... or "path to the underworld" or "Hades". If it's the last one, it's RAD! I can imagine it being a crimson, burning gate made of skeletons... THAT'S A CARD, MAN!!
[/quote]

It's 'reading', the first one. It's based off of the game 'Yomi' by David Sirlin, which is about reading your opponent's intentions.

[quote]
[b]Primary Effect[/b]: I never saw a card that can banish a card and then "un-banish" it. Seems an original move.

[b]Secondary Effect 1[/b]: What if you already Normal Summoned that turn? You can't Normal Summon twice per turn, so I guess you banish your monster in that case, right?
[/quote]

Correct.

[quote]
[b]Secondary Effect 2[/b]: Wow... If I ever have this card, this will be my fav effect and the one I would love to use.
[b]Secondary Effect 3[/b]: This might be a great drawback. Will this affect, for example, the effect of "Mystic Tomato" to summon from your deck? Because that would make it very hard for me to use (My fave Deck in Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy is Water, but I have "Mystic Tomato on it", just in case.
[/quote]

It doesn't stop Summoning from your Deck or cards that 'add' from your Deck to your hand, only things which mention they 'draw'.

[quote]
[b]General[/b]: There are three general types of cards, which make a combo of 9 situations for this card. 3 make a temporal banish... which I dunno how to use; 2 make a summon that is pretty likely to fail unless you are playing this card since the turn's start; 2 cause probably the only reason I would have this card on my Deck (banish a card is not helpful for me); the other 2... meh, I can deal with not being able to draw, although I prefer big hands to have more chances (when I duel Bastion, I need them all)
[/quote]

There isn't really 9 situations for this card. If the same type of card isn't revealed, your opponent just returns their card to the Deck. (Thanks for reminding me to explicitly state that.) You also can just never reveal a Trap Card, so you'll never get the last effect, but it's an option to set you up for another turn.

[quote]
[b]Note[/b]: 8.5 out of 10(balanced, useful and RAD! Yet, a bad pick can get you in troubles...)
Okay, you got an opinion now. Happy? [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/289783-rs-fantasy-cards-10/"]Pay it back and Comment here[/url]
[/quote]

I'll get around to it soon! =)

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1347935346' post='6027024']
It's 'reading', the first one. It's based off of the game 'Yomi' by David Sirlin, which is about reading your opponent's intentions.[/quote]

Oh, man... Well, at least it will look like a sexy, gypsy medium... It will, right?

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1347935346' post='6027024']
It doesn't stop Summoning from your Deck or cards that 'add' from your Deck to your hand, only things which mention they 'draw'.[/quote]

Chale, I got it...

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1347935346' post='6027024']There isn't really 9 situations for this card. If the same type of card isn't revealed, your opponent just returns their card to the Deck. (Thanks for reminding me to explicitly state that.) You also can just never reveal a Trap Card, so you'll never get the last effect, but it's an option to set you up for another turn.[/quote]

What I meant is that, when you both take a card out, there are 9 chances:
You --- Opponent
Monster --- Monster = Primary Effect
Monster --- Spell = Secondary Effect 1
Monster --- Trap = Secondary Effect 1
Spell --- Monster = Secondary Effect 2
Spell --- Spell = Primary Effect
Spell --- Trap = Secondary Effect 2
Trap --- Monster = Secondary Effect 3
Trap --- Spell = Secondary Effect 3
Trap --- Trap = Primary Effect

You can only have 4 effects, but there are 9 situations generated by the simultaneous Draw. And you can CHOOSE whether reveal your card or not? What happens when you don't reveal it?

[quote name='R.Surraco' timestamp='1347936750' post='6027032']
Oh, man... Well, at least it will look like a sexy, gypsy medium... It will, right?
[/quote]
Something like that!

[quote]
What I meant is that, when you both take a card out, there are 9 chances:
You can only have 4 effects, but there are 9 situations generated by the simultaneous Draw. And you can CHOOSE whether reveal your card or not? What happens when you don't reveal it?
[/quote]

Alright, I understand now, but it's not a draw. You can select any card in your Deck to reveal - so when I say you don't have to reveal a Trap, I mean you can just pick a different card. That makes it less random, and more skill - your opponent has to try and guess what effect you want.

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1347937903' post='6027041']
Alright, I understand now, but it's not a draw. You can select any card in your Deck to reveal - so when I say you don't have to reveal a Trap, I mean you can just pick a different card. That makes it less random, and more skill - your opponent has to try and guess what effect you want.
[/quote]

Aaaaaaaahhh, I got it now. Also, should you shuffle your deck after the pick?

[quote name='R.Surraco' timestamp='1347938502' post='6027047']
Aaaaaaaahhh, I got it now. Also, should you shuffle your deck after the pick?
[/quote]

You shuffle after the card is finished unless you got the Trap Effect, when you return the card, shuffle, then finish the effect which includes putting a card on top of your Deck.

[quote name='-Griffin' timestamp='1347939910' post='6027061']
You shuffle after the card is finished unless you got the Trap Effect, when you return the card, shuffle, then finish the effect which includes putting a card on top of your Deck.
[/quote]

Seems legit.

I'll change my note then.

10 out of 10. Even a rookie like me can find it useful. Specially if you like large decks, like me.

[quote name='Bringer☆de Cake' timestamp='1347963435' post='6027186']
At first I was skeptical about the Trap effect in Exodia decks, but then I realized that your opponent can easily counter it by revealing a Trap himself. I like this a lot, because it encourages mind games, which when in a controlled environment are a lot of fun.
[/quote]

Yep, that's the idea. If your opponent tried to use the 'same reveal' effect to get Exodia to hand, you could reveal a monster and force Exodia onto the field/banish, destroying the Deck. If they try to use it to set up their last Exodia piece (which would force them to run Trap Cards in Exodia), then they could just get something like Solemn Judgement to their hand to slow down your Deck, and give you a slow Trap Card. Feels like a really skill-based card.

The 'safe' option is a monster - you're sure to get it to your hand or field, so it's a great way to search key cards, but if your opponent guesses that then they have a choice of any monster in their Deck, and get to use it before you do.

Archived