irRESPondible: Water Slide

R.Surraco

[img]http://i.imgur.com/sXDFF.png[/img]

This is my Standard Deck, with my fav monster Granadora in front. I made this deck with cards I feel that could fit to my style of dueling. Also, I love the creatures of this deck. This deck is based on the WATER deck of GX Duel Academy that I expanded, but now I got more cards and a less bulky set. Of course, I decided to focus my deck on Umi, adding mainly monsters of the types that Umi can empower AND my Granadora, who favor of the Umi "brother" cards A Legendary Ocean and Forgotten Capital Lemuria (that appears as A Forgotten Ocean in duelingnetwork.com). I decided too leave out the equip and burn cards I made because I'm still not accustomed to the system on duelingnetwork.com Also I added something I really avoided on my original deck: Fusions. Now that I can get the proper Fusion Materials for some of them, I added them. I also added XYZ and Synchro because of the lack of proper fusions on my fav types...

If you have any tips, I'll hear them.

This deck is...all over the place. There's no true theme or win condition here.

Here are some general deckbuilding tips:

40 cards. There's a reason why the best decks have 40 cards. It reduces the deck size to make it easier to draw your best cards.

Staples. There's no reason not to run them. They're called staples for a reason. The main staples are: Monster Reborn, Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, 2-3 Mystical Space Typhoon, 2 Torrential Tribute, and Solemn Judgment. Run those at the VERY LEAST.

Run multiple copies. Decks that run 2-3 copies of their best cards have a better chance of getting their best combos.

Vanillas. Unless you're using Rescue Rabbit or running a Hieratic deck, there's really no reason to include Normal Monsters. They add little to no support to your deck, due to having no effects.

[quote name='jabber2033' timestamp='1348100535' post='6028309']
This deck is...all over the place. There's no true theme or win condition here.

Here are some general deckbuilding tips:

40 cards. There's a reason why the best decks have 40 cards. It reduces the deck size to make it easier to draw your best cards.

Staples. There's no reason not to run them. They're called staples for a reason. The main staples are: Monster Reborn, Dark Hole, Heavy Storm, 2-3 Mystical Space Typhoon, 2 Torrential Tribute, and Solemn Judgment. Run those at the VERY LEAST.

Run multiple copies. Decks that run 2-3 copies of their best cards have a better chance of getting their best combos.

Vanillas. Unless you're using Rescue Rabbit or running a Hieratic deck, there's really no reason to include Normal Monsters. They add little to no support to your deck, due to having no effects.
[/quote]

I didn't want to go on few cards on my deck because of habit, but I guess I can try on the small one. Lemme see... I love Granadora, so I could build a deck to support it. I also like A Legendary Ocean because of the hand it gives me to summon some high level monsters, Like Terrorking Salmon. I also like Amphibian Beast a lot (it's mighty) and Penguin Soldier because of its flip effect. Other cards I love to use are Umi and Mermaid Knight, although I prefer more generic versions of it, like A Legendary Ocean... should I make a deck based in those cards instead?

If you want a good water deck, I suggest Genex Fish as a starting point. Here's something I came up with recently.

Monsters: 21
3 Super-Ancient Deepsea King Celocanth
3 Royal Swamp Eel
3 7 Colored Fish
3 Genex Undine
3 Nimble Sunfish
2 Genex Controller
2 Metabo-Shark
2 Oyster Meister

Spells: 14
3 Moray of Greed
3 Symbols of Duty
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Foolish Burial
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps: 5
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment

Extra: 15
2 Stardust Dragon
2 Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
2 Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
2 Stardust Dragon
1 Hydro Genex
1 Orient Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Mist Wurm

The idea here is to dump Celocanth to the Grave with Sunfish, Undine, and Foolish, then revive it with Symbols of Duty. 7-Colored Fish and Genex Controller serve as Symbols targets.

This deck is another exception to the "no vanillas" rule. Actually, there really is no "no vanillas" rule, but a lot of players tend to shy away from vanillas because they don't support their decks with effects.

Again, this is just a starting point for you. If you really want a good Water-attribute deck, though, I suggest you wait until the Realm of the Sea Emperor Structure Deck comes out Oct 16.

[quote name='jabber2033' timestamp='1348103176' post='6028365']
If you want a good water deck, I suggest Genex Fish as a starting point. Here's something I came up with recently.

Monsters: 21
3 Super-Ancient Deepsea King Celocanth
3 Royal Swamp Eel
3 7 Colored Fish
3 Genex Undine
3 Nimble Sunfish
2 Genex Controller
2 Metabo-Shark
2 Oyster Meister

Spells: 14
3 Moray of Greed
3 Symbols of Duty
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Monster Reborn
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Foolish Burial
1 Pot of Avarice

Traps: 5
2 Torrential Tribute
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment

Extra: 15
2 Stardust Dragon
2 Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
2 Gungnir, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
2 Stardust Dragon
1 Hydro Genex
1 Orient Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 T.G. Hyper Librarian
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Mist Wurm

The idea here is to dump Celocanth to the Grave with Sunfish, Undine, and Foolish, then revive it with Symbols of Duty. 7-Colored Fish and Genex Controller serve as Symbols targets.

This deck is another exception to the "no vanillas" rule. Actually, there really is no "no vanillas" rule, but a lot of players tend to shy away from vanillas because they don't support their decks with effects.

Again, this is just a starting point for you. If you really want a good Water-attribute deck, though, I suggest you wait until the Realm of the Sea Emperor Structure Deck comes out Oct 16.
[/quote]

I'll take the wait instead. Also, I like to play mighty monsters and effects that wash my opponents deck (this is my way to win in GX Duel Academy)

[quote name='Beginning446' timestamp='1348130136' post='6028534']
Soooooo mannnyyy vanillas, just soo many

So to make this fair you should just pick a theme. If you like big water creatures so much make a deck around Daedulus. He's big and he "washes" away stuff.
[/quote]I agree with this 100%.

If you run a Daedulus - Legendary Ocean build you could give yourself a much grander pool of pontential which, with cards like Big Wave Small Wave, could severely influence a change in the tide. Grandora might even benefit from this kind of build.

A Legendary Ocean + Water Hazard would swiftly bring out the Levia Dragon. In fact, if you Summoned Granadora with Water Hazard, you'd gain the 1000 LP boost as well as, by tributing him for Daedulus, you'd not lose the 2000 you would normally if it were tributed.

If your Deck, however, revolves around Vanillas, try Spiral Serpent,

[quote name='Kyng' timestamp='1348130805' post='6028535']
I agree with this 100%.

If you run a Daedulus - Legendary Ocean build you could give yourself a much grander pool of pontential which, with cards like Big Wave Small Wave, could severely influence a change in the tide. Grandora might even benefit from this kind of build.

A Legendary Ocean + Water Hazard would swiftly bring out the Levia Dragon. In fact, if you Summoned Granadora with Water Hazard, you'd gain the 1000 LP boost as well as, by tributing him for Daedulus, you'd not lose the 2000 you would normally if it were tributed.

If your Deck, however, revolves around Vanillas, try Spiral Serpent,
[/quote]

Well, given I'm kinda a newbie in the game, I might like to take all what I need. So, A legendary Ocean - Daedalus should be my type of deck, then.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1348180352' post='6028896']
[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100406161524/yugioh/images/thumb/b/bc/CodarusABPF-EN-C-1E.png/300px-CodarusABPF-EN-C-1E.png[/img]
[/quote]

I added it because I tend to have more than a copy of that Umi cards (A Legendary Ocean counts) and it felt good. Also, low level, non tributes. I tend to rely a lot in trying to NOT lose monsters. In fact that's my dueling style: "Wash" my opponent's field and go for Special Summons and low levels to keep my field ready to summon the big guys. In fact, I win by getting some low level monsters around, then summoning the strong ones. I also use A Legendary Ocean because I can call level 5 monsters without tribute and level 7 monsters with only one tribute. In fact, I prefer A Legendary Ocean rather than Umi because A) the level effect and B) It also powers up my Granadora, which Umi doesn't. Mmm... I could try to keep Umi in the extra in case a Machine or a Pyro sticks around (it makes easier for me to defeat Cyrus in Duel Academy) and Codarus as well. In fact, a Side Deck based on Umi might give me a good range of flexibility...

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1348183656' post='6028937']
So what I get is....
Your running 2 themes~
Ocean Rush + Ocean Drain
In 60 cards.

Seems iffy.
[/quote]

So those are the names... Actually I play a middle point: I play more into Rush, but I have Penguin Soldier, a Drain card, if the other player also goes on swarming.

[quote name='SpectralMaliceX' timestamp='1348185777' post='6028960']
Since you're using this on DN primarily why are you not using.

3 - Marksman
3 - Armed soldier
2 - aqua spirit?
[/quote]

I actually had the Atlantean Marksman and Atlantean Heavy Infantry (not Armed Soldier anymore), but I began to add monsters to work on the Extra Zone (mainly tuners and specific fusion monsters) and left them out, although I'm gonna bring them back, as their effects are actually cool. I also will bring . Aqua actually goes against my play (I'm in for getting high level monsters and I don't use much Position Shift effects).

[quote name='Agro' timestamp='1348187475' post='6028974']
Guys. You're giving him a bass.

Teach him how to fish: [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/284760-march-2012-format-basic-deck-building-tutorial/"]http://forum.yugiohc...lding-tutorial/[/url]
[/quote]

Well, I guess I had to start over there... thanks.

After a bit of thinking, I realized my decks revolve in trying to get as many cards on my side of the field as possible so I could summon Levia-Dragon - Daedalus, and then even change into "Ocean Dragon Lord - Neo-Daedalus" for a biggest punch. Also, I like both effects that summon monsters (the Atlanteans might work there) and effects that wash my opponent field (I keep Penguin Soldier around because of that). I like Granadora because of the start up effect and because there are cards that can counter it's drawback or even turn it in my favor ("Barrel Behind The Door" is gonna be a blast!). I need a deck for those cars AND keep the cards that I use as an edge (rush cards, for example). So, basically, my deck should be made as a "Rushing to Wash", as I actually Rush first to Wash later.

I'll make another deck for that. Wish me luck.

[quote name='Armadilloz' timestamp='1348188978' post='6028999']
Penguin Soldier bounces. Its not a Drain card.
The term "Ocean Drain" comes from the fact Neo Dae is basically a Chaos Emperor Dragon, in terms of what it's supposed to do.
Ocean [i]Rush[/i], is just spamming level 5 WATERs with Legendary Ocean.
[/quote]

Check my last post again.

BTW, my new deck is here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/290039-typhoon-builder-tidal-hero/

Archived