Lonk

THE VIDEO GAME MUSIC STATION

[spoiler=Prologue]

The Video Game Music Station series is a set of threads in where everyone can request their own music from various Video Games. It has went through 5 different generations, each with new owners and new contributions. Because nobody objected to having another Video Game Music Station, and the previous owners wouldn't mind me doing so, I have decided to revive the Video Game Music Station. However, I will go through the rich history of the VGMS:

Dark was the very first owner and creator of the Video Game Music Station. He set the standards and foundation for what a VGMS needs. While Dark was the owner of the station, the VGMS had the largest number of tracks contributed (151 Tracks!). He realized, however, that he wouldn't be able to keep the VGMS running forever. Instead, he decided to pass it onto a different member, who would keep it alive.

The next owner, Mihails Tals had took the reins and revived the VGMS in May of 2010. While he was a fine leader and his expectations were to be applauded, it quickly fell into the shadow of Dark's VGMS. He then passed it onto a new person.

The third owner, Clair, one of the more notable female YCM members, had not only ran a successful station, but overshadowed Mihails' term and made the VGMS shine brightly. With 87 tracks, the Station was a large success. Unfortunately, Clair didn't have any official heirs, so the VGMS had seemingly fell into darkness...

...until Atman decided to take matters into his own hands and revive it himself. Most people who were with the VGMS had considered Atman's term to have been the most radical, due to the fact that he didn't do witty descriptions of VGMs in the station and simply gave a like to the VGMs posted as his favorite. Whether or not he was successful is left into question, but what was remembered by his term was that his was the most radical.

The previous generation and owner was Twig, who decided to take the reins of the VGMS (known as the VGMJ) and bring it back to Status Quo. However, he added the twist that all VGM descriptions had to be written by the populace, while introducing the Editor's Picks for himself (If it wasn't him, then it was probably Clair). In addition, he made witty spoilers for tracks. His term was great, but Twig was about to retire as a YCMer before making the next incarnation and had fully retired after 1-2 months of running it.

That leaves me, the newest owner of the VGMS. I plan to restore the VGMS to original glory, bring activity, while making changes that are sufficient enough to be noticed, but not enough that it will be radical.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Rules]

When posting a VGM, here is the format you have to use:

[GEN] = for General Channel (For any VGMs not listed under other channels)

[NOS] = for Nostalgic Channel (VGMS that come from gaming generations 5 and under (Gen 5 is N64, PS1 and Sega Saturn. Just move down from advancements from there).

[NSGP] = for Nonstandard Gameplay Channel (For VGMs that appear when you are not actually playing the game even though you are playing the game. Examples include Title and Menu Screens, Cutscenes, ect).

[BAT] = for Battle Channel (VGMs that appear when you are, well, battling someone. Wheter it be in RPG Battles, Sporting Battles, Battle of Wits, or otherwise.

[REMIX] = for Remix Channel (unoriginal name, I know. This is where remixes of songs made by people outside of the OST Composers go. Any other remixes that are featured in the OST go in other fitting channels. A Special Rule here, you have to put the alius of the person who remixed the music so that they are given credit).

[YV] = Your Voice Channel (Where you can make your own description. Descriptions have to be 3-10 sentences long though).[/spoiler]

VGMs List

[Spoiler=Owner's Pick Channel]

This Channel will feature my picks each week with their own description by me on how I think of them, so stay tuned ;)

[Spoiler=Track 001]

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - We Are Finally Cowboys (Golden Brown Remix)

Just...wow. As if the original We Are Finally Cowboys from the first game isn't epic enough, this remix just takes it to a whole new level. It doesn't sound much like the original, but that is why this track can stand by the original: The techno used in this song was well done by the game's ost standards (which I hold high). It definitely sounds like a western cowboy showdown using guns, and when the sophistication comes in, evolves the feeling so that instead of guns, the cowboys use freaking lightsabers in an epic duel with an alien invasion shooting lasers at them (...Made you think of Cowboys vs. Aliens, did I?).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 002]

Mega Man X5 - Mattrex/Burn Dinorex Stage

I honestly love the wailing guitar in this one. It suits the ambition of volcanic fire while reaching primal depths of time. What does one get by that? Well, a freaking Tyrannosaurus Rex on Fire is what. The techno rock generates an aggressive beat, perfect for a fire level. Like I said, the wailing guitar works perfectly here. Need I say more about this wonderful song? Give it a listen, PLEASE!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 003 (WARNING! SPOILERS!)]

Pokemon Black 2 White 2 - Champion Iris Battle

Generation 5 had 2 unusual champion battle themes with Alder and Iris, and Iris is definitely the more interesting. It sounds playful and childish, yet poses a real threat. It is a pretty good contrast in the song, especially when compared to Alder's theme. I feel myself tapping my foot to the beat of the song. The percussions are just spot-on. Yes, Black 2 and White 2 are coming out very soon, which is another reason I put this on. I hope you all get the game (because I am definitely getting it).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 004]

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Rundas Battle

I have a natural affinity towards the ice element (as everybody knows), so this shouldn't take a large amount of knowledge to see why I chose this theme. It definitely sounds cold and tragic, like when you have to fight against a friend who was taken over by the dark side. Except in this track, it shows that, despite your friend constantly fighting against the dark side, you are going to have to kill him or her so that he/she may be able to die as themselves. For the song itself, I definitely love the large dips it has in techno, giving it a much more frosted sense of urgency. Also, I love the guitar at :43 and absolutely love the transition at 1:00. Those two parts of the song give the song much more life and popularity in the gaming world. Also, Rundas was my favorite out of the 3 hunters (like everybody else).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 005]

MadWorld - Look Pimpin!

This is the only Rap Song I like. I REPEAT! We live in an age where most rap songs we listen to are complete and utter trash. I think a Youtuber said it best that this is a true gem in an ocean of fecal matter (well, he didn't use "fecal matter", but you should understand what he said). Anyways, this is the First Phase music for the final boss, sung from that boss' perspective. It definitely fits the style of a pimp, and I wouldn't mind having this as my theme song, if and only if, I act like a pimp. Well, time to don on my feather fedora and sleeveless vests with my cane and thick ring!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 006]

Golden Sun - The Elemental Stars

As most people who know or knew me on this site know, Motoi Sakuraba is my favorite composer of all time. This was one of those making tracks for me. This one track is just so beautiful, peaceful and serene. It sounds like a bountiful paradise in a realm of seclusion. Just listening to this makes me think of an endless ocean of pristine water flowing endlessly from a large fountain, and I could walk on that water despite the water's large depth. The water spills over and goes back into the flowing reservoir, like the cycle of life. The track is just that beautiful. It makes me value life for its pristine beauty despite its hardships. It is truly euphoric.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 007]

Sonic CD: Boss (NA)

So, here is your Nightmare Fuel for the day. I have to say, even though I favor the JP/EU version more (for obvious reasons...), I am picking this track just because it is October for chills. When the Japanese make Eggman look like a comic relief villain with their track, the American version makes him appear as a total nightmare, as though he were the incarnation of evil itself. Not sure how successful that was, but it sounds like a futuristic nightmare. Take note torture artists or people making torture fanfics: using this song will increase the effectiveness of the situation, tenfold.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 008]

No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle - Twin Electromagic

...shut up. I know that I have two tracks from the same game in this station, but that is because I find that Suda51 used some amazing compositions for the game. This track is just crazy awesome, as though you actually were fighting twins with an affinity to lightning, or Shock-and-Awe as TVTropes likes to use in place of the dynamic element. It really describes the split personality in literal terms, as it goes into hard electro rock to soft electro rock. The boss battle is annoying though, but the music is truly awesome. Battles against twins should have this as the default.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 009]

Kirby's Return to Dreamland - Vs. Magolor

This. Theme. Buckin'. Rocks. It really gives the sense of an intense battle against someone who has gained mastery over dimensional power. It starts out very ominously, and then just rocks your brains out. At about 1:40, the most awesome guitar solo you will ever hear shall happen, for it just has so much emotion strummed. It makes sense, because Magolor has effectively been helping you only to stab you in the back at the last minute. It really gives symbolization to traitorship. Imo, Magolor's betrayal hurt more than Marx did, so yeah.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 010]

Sonic - Daring Do's Oil Ocean Zone ft. Oil Desert act 1 by KingSpartaX37

I honestly wanted to put this song in after listening to it. It honestly has a wonderful vibe of adventuring in the desert, while adding that mlp tone in there really effectively. The bongos add alot of atmosphere to this track, as though showing that the oil regions are really dangerous. In addition, adding in Oil Desert really pulls the song together, and really fits into the Oil Ocean remix. It's just something about combining those two sonic tracks, adding in "This Day Aria", and slapping Daring Do on the track just makes it so...appealing. I highly recommend that you check KingSpartaX37 out, because he has a bunch of good brony remixes.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 011]

Mother 3 - Natural Killer Cyborg by He Dreamt of Ascension

I wouldn't have actually been posting something in this station this week, but considering that no one is putting up more RR songs, and I practically eargasmed to this track, it just had to go up. The heavy rock rendition of NK Cyborg (which is actually my favorite boss theme in Mother 3 on its own) is just sooooooo gooooood. That electric guitar just hits all the notes in such a nice and sensory way, that I feel as though describing it in detail might get me some odd looks by everyone that looks at this. Seriously though, RR and YV is lacking, so more tracks there would be appreciated.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 012]

F-Zero X - Silence

This is just so freaking fast. You all better believe that the F-Zero series is the fastest and most hardcore series of racing games ever, and the music also reflects that. This particular track is from, err well, F-Zero X in the Silence tracks. That electric guitar is just so fast, emulating the speed that this game has to offer. So much good stuff in the game, and I recommend giving the entirety of the F-Zero series' soundtracks a look at, just because they are so awesome. Strange thing is that, F-Zero X focuses on Hard Rock, and F-Zero GX focuses on Techno.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 013]

F-Zero GX/AX - Theme of Phoenix

You know, I could listen to this song forever, and I think I will. First of all, the first strums have such a catchy hook, as though it claims an air of uncertaincy. Then afterwards, the rock band just explodes and the lyrics match the intensity of the F-Zero Driver from the future: Basically, it shows one and tells one to not screw with the driver, or else he will screw you, whether it is in on-time or off-time. Such a badass theme for a badass character.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 014]

Street Fighter X Mega Man - Urien Stage

I beat the game on Wednsday, but I could say that out of all the stage tracks, this has to be my favorite. What do I like about it? Well, for starters, it just sounds as powerful as the earth (Urien in this case), and it mixes well with the technological aspects of the Mega Man universe. It is a perfect and harmonious mix that can get addicting to listen to. I guess that the end result is, that it is powerful. Powerful, and yet amazingly complex for an 8bit chip.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 015]

Baten Kaitos - Chaotic Dance

As everyone knows, Sakuraba has to be my favorite composer of all time. First of all, I like his progressive rock-techno style of music. He adds so much life to each composition he makes that it often reaches a point in where the music is more than just music and it actually feels alive. This track is another one of those tracks. Baten Kaitos is so underrated, but the soundtrack is so good. Chaotic Dance plays when Kalas and his group fight against the Quirky Mini Boss Squad led by Giacomo. What I like about this is that it definitely gives the vibe of a techno punk theme, given the hallucogenic-like synths and voices in the track. It's like smoking a psychoactive drug in a punk street in Tokyo in the year 2025. It's just so awesome. However, because we are not yet in the year 2025, we don't live in Tokyo, and we smoking psychoactive drugs are illegal, this is probably the next best thing you can come across.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 016]

Mega Man X8 - Boss Theme Phase 1

i.e. the boss music from the only X game I didn't play :( This song is just so rock-hard solid! What I love about this song is that it wastes absolutely no time in getting to the good part of the music (I honestly can listen to that guitar, bass and drum all day), and then it repeats. For me, this is probably the zenith of badass battle tracks: Heartbeat? Check. Emotions of Battle? Check. Can you bop your head to the beat easily? Check check. Despite how short the composition is, and how often it repeats, it is still very effective in making probably my favorite Boss Music in the entire Megaman X series. I also did say that this is Phase 1 (and the standard 8 bosses in the game have 2 Phases), because when you bring them down to half health, a different track plays and they gain new attacks. Yes, that technically isn't 2 phases, but it is considered to be more of 2 phases than the other games' standard bosses.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 017]

Tales of Symphonia - The Law of the Battle

Tales of Symphonia has to be my favorite RPG.  It practically has EVERYTHING that a good RPG has, such as a long, deep story with very memorable characters, fast gameplay, some of the best one-liners that not many people have heard (maybe), and of course, amazing music.  This track is among the many Battle Themes in the game, which plays when you are fighting against the Desian Grand Cardinals.  Now, where shall I start...OH YEAH!  This track is one of the more heavier rock themes in the game, which fans note that the guitar was obviously being abused.  Second of all, that bass and drum really adds life along with the guitar's melody.  That bass' solo, combined with that guitar abuse and drum beat speeding up in the second part of the song really turns my ears on.  It is just amazing, and it really fits the dire situation of life or death among those caught in between the forces of chaotic good and lawful evil.  Thus, it is the law of the battle.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 018]

Viewtiful Joe - Inferno Lord

So, what equates to a very long hiatus from this channel, it comes back with a track from the classic, underrated game that is Viewtiful Joe.  Fire Leo was such a hardened penis to beat, because he has SO MUCH HEALTH combined with the fact that you can only damage him if you are on fire, which you do by beating the rocks with the Mach Speed VFX power.  Now then, the track itself is definitely imposing and dark with that guitar riff.  It shows the violent power that Fire Leo is capable of doing against you in the battle.  The overall mood of the track is just so intense, and it really fits for the game.  Definitely check out the soundtrack of Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 019 (SPOILER!)]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4QTEzsCRIE]Fire Emblem: Awakening - Id (Purpose)[/url]

And, for my pick of this time, I chose this song.  Why didn't I not choose this song would probably be the best question here, considering that this takes place  in the final chapter where the Shepards finally face off against the evil dread dragon god Grima and I have been obsessed with the game, making this a prime candidate for my pick.  I love how the song opens up with such booming percussion and woodwinds, and then retreats to an epic slow part, only to emerge triumphantly with possibly the best chorus ever and strings up the wazoo.  Then, it goes into a more darker chorus where one can clearly hear lower-pitched male voices assisted by female voices.  It is just so wonderful, that I had to get the 10 minute version (I would get the hour version, but that would be too long).

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=General Channel]

[spoiler=Track 001]

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Skyloft

Rai says that this is simple and dreamy, and I will be darned like Darnell if I say that this isn't the case. The melody is simple, yet very relaxing. The mood of the music fits perfectly well for the hub area, as Skyloft is a santuary for humans that the Goddess Hylia made during the demon wars. It's just, such a great piece of music in its own right, and will lead the trail for other hub musics to follow.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 002]

Maplestory - Average Town

Average Town my anus! This sounds way too spontaneous to be average. It sounds like a town preparing arms for battle. You see, when I think of "an average town", I think of the starting town in Pokemon. Listen to how placid and calm the music is there. This, is not like that, and it is awesome! MEXALMAXIMAL, I salute you for bringing this wonderful piece of music here.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 003]

Epic Battle Fantasy 3 - Journey to the East

I'm giving props to Thor here for posting this music: it definitely would make any journey to an asian country interesting and enjoyable. Just from hearing the song, I hear the cultures of various Eastern Countries and see Imperial Palaces that belong to the emperors of said countries. The woodwind solo definitely made me feel emotion there, signifying that everything has become one, and one has the goal for all. It's a really beautiful piece of music that was a joy to listen to.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 004]

Wario Land 4 - Countdown

OH MAI GOD MAKO! I LOVE YOU FOR POSTING THIS PARTICULAR TRACK! IT IS ABSOLUTELY MY MOST FAVORITE TRACK IN THE ENTIRE GAME! Yes, I used all caps for that. I was excited, with the explanation being, er well, self-explanatory. I just love the intense vibes and feelings it gives. It gives a state of urgency that the area you set the bomb in will collapse. While the track does come from a direct rip, an ost of it does exist. However, I like this one better just because of the "HURRY UP!" Wario says in the beginning. It also has a bit of a dissonant ending as well, which I like. Give it a listen!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 005 (Halloween Track)]

Sonic Adventure 2 - Pumpkin Hill

For the spirit of October, Mako picked a pretty good song. It is quite catchy, and has a bit of ominousity in it. Part of what I like about it is the scratching done in the track. I couldn't understand the lyrics, but meh. It still feels like a pretty good song. I like it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 006]

Rayman Origins - Angsty Abyss

Oh goody, some Rayman Origins music! This makes me feel very tense. I love that feeling actually. Is this one of the levels in the game that has an advancing wall of doom or something like that which makes one feel pressured into moving? It really fits there. It sounds very classic, like what a reboot should sound like. I'm probably getting ahead of myself there. Shradow posted it, so there you go.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 007]

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Eternal Bond

icwutshradowdidthar. No seriously, despite it being a bit of advertising, it is a good song. It definitely has that flair of orchestration that Fire Emblem is known to have. The strings are very noticeable here, especially considering that it is a full-blown out orchestra playing this music (from what it sounds like). Nintendo did another amazing job here, and I am proud to be a Nintendo Fan.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 008 (Halloween Track)]

The White Chamber - Station Ambience

Thor posted this one. While it doesn't follow the standard rules of music, neither does the Giygas battle (yet, it still is considered by everyone to be a track...that drives one insane). This track, however, does that same exact thing. One should hear something, so that they can hear everything. However, when one hears every little thing, then they are driven to insanity. This track is only a reminder of that, for the obvious reasons. It is as creepy as intercourse, and I will consider it a Halloween track, just because of its anxiety-inducing levels.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 009]

Runescape - Runewrath

I haven't played Runescape in over a year, AND I AM MISSING A RUNECRAFTING MINIGAME THAT WORKS!? Now I feel bad. However, I do like the thumps of notes pulsing throughout the song. I definitely dig on how darker it makes the music. I really wished that I haven't gone away from Runescape if I knew this would exist. Yeah, thanks for bringing me nostalgia, Shradow...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 010]

Metroid Prime - Frigate Ambience

Mako, you are so right when you said that there can't be enough MP music, since it has some of my favorite tracks in VGMs. You are also right when you said that this track is haunting. Haunting is the best word to describe this. After all, Samus is exploring through the Frigate Orpheon that had crashed into the water, so naturally it is intimidating. The track just feels so surreal, having those whines in there bring shivers to my spines. Yep, good old fashioned MP music.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 011]

Command and Conquer: Generals - Makin' a Sweep

Mako, I'm usually not into this kind of music, but I had to make an exception with that ominous beginning and metal drumming in there. It just adds a layer of awesomeness onto the song, making it what it is. That is all that needs to be said about this.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 012]

Okami - The Sun Rises

Just. Wow. Shradow, this track is quite amazing! It sounds victorious, and I can hear the Japanese Mythology just emanating from this track. The fact is, that it is surreal. This is liquid euphoria just entering your mind and giving you possibly one of the best visions of culture. I could hear the drums, woodwinds and strings from Japanese origin, as though I am in Japan. It is beautiful, and makes itself sound victorious. This is truly a song for the Sun Goddess, Amaterasu.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 013]

Ni No Kuni - To The Decisive Battle

Once again Shradow, you found some amazing music from an obscure game. Like in tradition with most japanese-esque music, roads before the major battle have epic tracks to accompany music. This is no exception. With brass and drums, this track has everything that the wandering adventurer needs to go to on the road to, well, the decisive battle. Yes, it is self-explanatory, but it doesn't make the track any less epic, now does it?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 014]

Super Meat Boy - Betus Blues

Honestly Thor (or Tama or Dragon Sage), this piece is played rather beautifully on the piano. It sounds dark and sinister, yet oozes with emotion. I honestly don't get why people even disliked this song like that, it really fits the character of Doctor Fetus. After all, nobody knows why Doctor Fetus does what he does, now do they? It could be a tragic accident, and we wouldn't even know. Beautiful Piano Piece lands on the 14 spot.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 015]

Okami - Cursed Sei-An

THANK YOU SHRADOW. FOR LOOKING FOR THIS SONG! I've recently got Okami, and when I first entered Sei-An, it really represented a hellhole filled with miasma and sick people everywhere. Then, I got to hear the music. It was so amazing, that I was actually searching around for the ost. Unfortunately, I never found it. However, I used the powers of the VGMs and finally got access to this track! So, why do I like this track especially? Well, first of all, the atmosphere in the song really gives it a vibe that a beautiful and wonderful city has become so horrible, that nobody is able to live safely in it. There are dead people everywhere, people suffering in pain, and 2/3rds of the city is still practically cursed. It really shows that this is not a place anyone would be in. Like I said, THANK YOU SHRADOW! You get a rep this time.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 016]

Golden Sun: The Lost Age - Ruins of Lemuria

...Sage knows my weakness in VGMs. Games composed by Motoi Sakuraba, as I may have mentioned, are my favorite tracks of all time. He just adds such a wonderful atmosphere and beat to everything he composes. This is no different. The Ruins of Lemuria is thought of to have been a lost civilization that wouldn't exist. Felix and co. have proven them wrong, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that the eons of loneliness are shown in this song. The track just sounds somber with that lone flute playing and those orchestra voices chanting. This is why I love Sakuraba's work.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 017]

Drag-on Dragoon 2 - Twilight Hill

Sage, this track is just simply mindblowing. First of all, the sounds of clashing gears adds a bit of ambience there, then the melody kicks in. The melody, it just fits so well and is so well done in this track. It sounds mechanical at first, and then just goes into orchestra goodness. Then, everything pauses for a while, with hearing the soft orchestraic music, and then finally exploding against you. I think I might want to keep this in my favorites. Gracias por un otro vez, Sage.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 018]

The Neverhood - Klaymen's Theme

First thing that I have to say upon hearing this is, it sound exactly like something Rare would make for one of their comedic games. Not kidding around Sage. After all, it just has that quirkiness in the song, as though it could fit into Banjo-Kazooie. I have never heard of The Neverhood, but I am guessing that it is a game where you create stuff to progress through the story. The image on the video also shows a quirky-looking character of clay. With fitting in the Golden Puzzle Pieces, I assume that these must be the Klaymen. Now I am certain that the theme fits perfectly into it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 019]

Touhou: Perfect Cherry Blossom - Stage 1 ~ Paradise ~ Deep Mountain

Wow Sage, that title being posted like that is a mouthful to say on paper. However, I digress from the purpose. Paradise definitely sounds like, errr, Paradise. The notes are hit high, and it is pretty light and filled with nostalgic beats. The track really does remind me of pink petals floating down from the trees into the wind, which I believe the track is trying to replicate for the first stage. For some reason, it has me thinking of the Dark World in LoZ: aLttP. Just a note, but this might bring for some coincidences imo.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 020]

Metroid Prime - Phendrana Drifts

When I saw Sage post this, I had a smile put on my face. Phendrana Drifts is easily my favorite BGM in MP, just because it invokes the feeling of arctic chills and loneliness in an area with an abundance of dangerous life, with hidden secrets. I honestly love that synth that plays, adding the sound of wind while making me feel cold. I don't know why I feel cold, but the feeling is just so good! Is it sad that I don't know who the composer is?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 021]

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Deep-Dive Deep

God Shradow, this sounds just so surreal. I think I might hear a bit of Okami in here in the celestial plain. That alone increases the awesomeness of the song. The violin synth adds a level of mysteriousness, and the harp works so well to emulate the aquatic aspect of this stage. It just sounds so wet and beautiful. It makes me tear up a bit...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 022]

Rayman Origins - Desert of Dijiridoos ~ First Staff

This is yet another beautiful Rayman Origins ost, but it is by Sage. What do I have to say, that it sounds so nostalgic? That it reminds me of the wonderful times I have spent playing the first Crash Bandicoot game? The fact that it is just so fun and upbeat, yet keeps the feel of a bright and sunny desert? I could say many great things here, but I feel that the best thing that needs to be said is the fact that the music is AWESOME! I'm serious, it is just the thing that can get a depressed person out of depression. For that reason, I love it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 023]

Mabinogi - Peaca Dungeon

And now we go into Mabinogi in this section, posted to you by everyone's favorite Death Label. There are many dark moods that are reverberating through this song, as though you are entering into a realm of pure negativity. First of all, I have to note that the techno used in this song is quite superb. I honestly have my hair sticking out from the awesomeness of that techno. In addition, the instrumental works very well with the techno, evoking emotions of my inner being and just having it all release. It's just that good!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 024]

Ace Combat 5 - White Noise

Well Sage, after YCM was down since Thursday, I owed it myself to update many tracks for today. Seeing that Mako also commented on the music in the same page, I just had to listen to it. Plain and Straight, it is amazing. The high pitches combined with the lower pitches makes for a great combination of dissonance, as though the sky and earth are united. After going through a more lower period (afterwards), it descends down to its target, as though one was flying a plane in the sky, went low to avoid detection for a while, then homes in to complete the mission. That is what I feel here.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 025]

Beatmania 14 - Snow Storm

So this was a bumped request by Sage. First of all, it isn't cheating that I use music from a game that revolves around music, because music that is originally (or remixed to make a beat) in Video Games is Video Game Music. Second of all, this track is awesome. It reminds me of dancing energetically in a winter day full of snow. Seriously, tell me that one cannot dance when it is 20 degrees Farenheit outside as the snow covers you, but one still feels like dancing. That is the amazing sensation that this song gives.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 026]

Portal 2 - Reconstructing More Science

First of Shradow, the name of the track is hilarious. Second of all, the techno beats here are well used here. I find that it just fits without trying too hard. I mean, from what it sounds like, it sounds like someone is constructing science, then reconstructing more science. I don't know if that is supposed to be redundant, but it is just soooo hilarious to say and listen to. Like that phrase, the track itself sounds a bit funny, but I still love it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 027]

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Bowser Overworld

Last Sticker Star VGM for a while Shradow, but I could see why Sage liked your post of this song. It really fits the depressing and quirky mood of Bowser's domain of fire and brimstone. In addition, the guitar also feels in place, considering that Mario will have to do some hardcore exploring if he wants to get the stickers for battle (and knowing how the game is generous with stickers, it is probably easier done than said, right?). While it isn't my favorite of fiery overworlds, I find that it is simple, yet effective for getting the feeling across.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 028]

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Bowser's Galaxy Generator

...and after putting up that Sticker Star video, you impress me yet again with this Shradow. No lie, this is probably my favorite track in the game next to the Koopa's Road remixes. Why? First of all, it starts off with a calm before the storm-type scenario, where the player is heading towards the headquarters of the antagonist for one last raid. Then, it just explodes in instruments as it the player ventures deeper into the fortress and beats up crap like Boomerang Bros, Magikoopas, and Blargs. It is an impressive track before the final confrontation with Bowser, and that is very alright with me.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 029]

Persona 4 - Snowflakes

This track is beautiful! Is this really GEN Sage? It sounds like it can fit into NSGP, but nonetheless I will take your word for it. The voice sounds so beautiful, and the beat sounds so mellow. It really does fit a walk down a snow-covered sidewalk. I just feel so speechless when it comes to this song, like my own voice was grabbed by a shadow (because that could totally happen in the Persona series). I have no further words to say except for the fact that it is beautiful.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 030]

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Fluffy Bluff/Cloudy Court Galaxy

I can see why you wanted me to post this Sage.  It just has that atmosphere of epicness, pun intended.  It does sound like a track that one can use to walk and jump through the clouds, as though it were like gliding on the sky.  It reminds me a bit of Gusty Garden Galaxy actually, which is considered to be among THE GREATEST Mario Tracks ever made.  Therefore, this track has to be amazing.  With logic like that, I know that this description is fullproof.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 031]

Starhawk - Road to White Sands

I have to say Mako, that through all of the Starhawk Music you have posted here, I definitely like this one the best.  It is just something about the bass that I just can't help but love.  It just has a great sounding quality that gets my adrenalin pumping, as though I am ready for combat myself.  I also love how the song reverberates upon itself, creating a kind of ruin movement.  I love it for that.  I guess, this is all I have to say for now, but it still is an amazing song.  I recommend that everyone listens to it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 032]

Touhou Chireiden(11) ~ Subterranean Animism - Last Remote(Extra Stage theme)

This, Shard, makes me speechless right here.  Words alone cannot describe just how awesome the music is.  I feel that if I try to explain it, I would only end up failing and making a fool of myself.  If I explain it in a technical sense, I would sound cold-hearted.  If I explain it in a euphoric sense, then I feel as though no one would like me.  The only thing I can say is that this is something everyone must listen to, or else your life isn't complete.  For that, I thank you.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Nostalgia Channel]

[spoiler=Track 001]

Super Castlevania 4 - Simon's Theme

I remember this song from the game. It is incredibly catchy. It fits the dark hero who's neverending goal is to fight the dark lord and restore balance. This is what the song signifies, and it works so very well. I definitely like the transitions from the high electronic organ keys to the low organ solo. It gives the track much more feeling. I could see why Comrade likes this song, alot (Note: I'm not saying Tenta, because I am Tenta as well, and that would cause a bit of confusion). Just one of the reasons why Super Castlevania 4 is considered one of the best games in the series.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 002 (Halloween Track)]

Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - Haunted Graveyard

First update of October starts off with a return to the past. Thor recommended an incredibly catchy track that I could hum. The track itself reminds me of Super Metroid in the beginning. However, after a few seconds, it sounds exactly like halloween. This is, unfortunately all I could write for now, but it shouldn't be a reason to not listen to the song. It is incredibly catchy, and can put you in the Halloweenic mood for October.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 003]

Doom Troopers - Venus

Yes, METALMAXIMAL, I consider it to be NOS instead of NSGP, because the Nostalgic Value has a much higher priority over NSGP. Outside of that, I like the beats in the music. It gives it life, and reminds me much of that one boss in Metroid Fusion in the Tropical Sector. It is just as catchy as how sweet pies and cakes are. I couldn't say more about it because I didn't play the game, but all I could say is that the track is incredible, and it must play at a critical part in the game.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 004]

Chrono Trigger - Frog's Theme

I played Chrono Trigger about 3 months ago, so this song is still fresh in my memory...and my GOD what a memory! This sounds like the triumphant hero that is about to do battle with the villain. Unfortunately, said villain isn't really a villain, but is rather confused (I made this subtle enough for people to not be spoiled). Yes, Shradow posted this one as well. He is on a roll.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 005]

Crash Bandicoot - Toxic Wastes

I remember this game: I could never get passed dat bridge level, so I never made it to the industrial island. However, this song is (quoting Travis Touchdown) "Catchy as hell". Seriously, the drum beats get so prominent, as though they were played on a hazmat oil drum! I think that is what the composers were going for when making this song. Well, it is a toxic waste level. Well, better give Stone Cold Loki his props for posting this song. Such a catchy music.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 006]

Crash Bandicoot 2 - Komodo Bros.

Another Crash Bandicoot song by Stone Cold Loki. Man, Crash's games always have a catchy beat to them. This sounds island-like, yet like a desert skirmish at the same time. I think it has to do with that string instrument used with those synths added in? Yeah, I believe so. Also, NOS has a greater field than BAT does, so yeah. Besides, I'm pretty sure that fans would want it to go here, right?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 007]

Silent Hill 1 - Theme

@Thor: At first, I was like "WTF?" Then, I was like "Oh yeah! Man it sounds so good!". So yeah, that happens to be how I felt about this song. In fact, it is very catchy. That sitar in the beginning just caught me off-guard, hard. Seriously, it did. However, then it just turns sorrowful, truly emphasizing the point that it is "Silent Hill". It is a beautiful track. Do I really need to say again that Thor posted this track?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 008]

Dreamweb - Like Killing Hitler

Ok Machismo, first one I clicked on just because of the track's name. It definitely sounds undercover, like people are planning an assassination against Hitler. Plus, it is incredibly ominous. I like tracks that have a bit of ominousity in them, for it adds a layer of confusion and sophistication to it. I approve of the music, and everyone else should as well.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 009]

Glover - Overworld (5 Crystals)

Yes Shradow, because it was a 5th Gen game, it belongs in Tune Nostalgia. However, it doesn't mean that I don't like the track. In fact, it is quite amazing, especially when compared to 0 Crystals. Well, maybe 5 Crystals is the happy compliment to 0 Crystals. Regardless, this track is quite fun to listen to, and oozes with the satisfaction that you are close to achieving what you need to achieve. It has class, and it is happy. So happy.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 010]

Mega Man 3 - Snake Man Stage

Shradow, you really know which Mega Man tracks I like, do you??? Well, Snake Man's Stage happens to be my favorite theme in the game (except for maybe Gemini Man's Stage theme). It just slinks around through my ears, as though I were in a snake-ruled tower in the sky. Snake Man himself was easy though. Though, the 8-bit theme really adds that atmosphere to the song that I like alot. Thank you for suggesting.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 011]

Donkey Kong Country - Northern Hemisphere

So Sage, you should know that this is a track from the past, right? Anyways, I won't badger you for it, especially considering the legacy of awesomeness this song has. It sounds so mysterious and foreboding, like the song just wants you to get out of the level, yet it entices you to explore the mysteries of it. It is just so beautiful, especially after the icy vibe, you get a mystical tune, then goes on to repeat itself. It is simple, yet effective for a melody.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 012]

TMNT IV Turtles in Time - Boss

While I wasn't too big a fan of TMNT METAL, there is something about this track that is just so........hard to shrug off. I mean, I listen to it and expect explosive properties to come, but I don't get it. Yet, I felt that the entire song itself was just exploding its contents all over me. It didn't need an explosive finish or hook to get me on, it had it all this time. Also, from what I hear, isn't the arcade version better?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 013]

Banjo Kazooie - Freezeezy Peak

Dayum Sage! 2 Winter-based tracks in 1 day! I should rep you for that. Anyways, what I like about how Rare composes its music for the N64 is the fact that it has a very quirky charm. It is witty, yet fun. In addition, this track also draws inspiration from Super Mario 64's snow-based worlds. You can even tell that some parts of the melody are pretty similar (if you have listened to that track yet). Even then, this song still manages to also make an identity of its own despite some parts of the melody being similar. That is a mark of true composition there.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 014]

Pokemon Puzzle Challenge - Champion Lance

And here is a great remix of the G/S/C Champion Theme requested to us by Clair. While I do find the standard Champion Lance music to be phenomenal and spectacular, I couldn't help but notice that it was missing something, like a solid edge to it. Then, I listened to this track, and have to say that the remix has definitely given that track the edge. While Lance's Battle Theme is suspenseful on its own, it lacked the beat that this track gives. I honestly love how fast-paced this song is, while still remaining as intense as the original. This is, imo, the best remix to the Lance Battle that I have ever heard, and it is on the GBA as well :D

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 015]

Earthworm Jim - What The Heck?

What the heck is right Sage...it is so freaking hilarious XD!  I mean, seriously, it opens up with an orchestration that reminds me of Ride of the Valkyries (if you do not know what that is, I'd suggest you look it up, and then realize that you knew what it was all along).  Then, silence just comes along, only for screams to open up.  Then, suddenly, ELEVATOR MUSIC!  This is just so...anticlimactic for a level named Planet Heck.  Those record scratches are hilarious, and this entire song is hilarious.  Well done!  You legitimately made me laugh so hard with a song!  Such is probably the charm of Earthworm Jim, right?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 016]

Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - Ecruteak City/Cianwood City

Sage, you have no idea how many memories this brought back 12-13 years ago for me.  Silver was literally my first Pokemon Game, because I didn't play Blue because my older brother has it.  I remember just how much difficulty I had with the game, and this track is one of the most memorable tracks in the game.  First of all, I love the peace emanating from this music, as though it sounds like something Bob Marley would have made if you gave him a synthesizer but told him that he cannot make Reggae.  Morty happened to use to give me problems as well, since I played with Meganium at this point.  G/S/C were so unbalanced when it came to raising pokemon.  However, after I got the ROM last summer for Silver, I beat it within a week.  Personal Power Creep, anyone?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 017]

A Bug's Life - Riverbed Canyon

You weren't kidding when you said that this track is interesting Sage.  Riverbed Canyon makes me think that there is just a bunch of water down below, and you better watch your footing or else you fail.  However, this song is years ahead of its time.  The orchestra sounds crisp and clean, and the synths don't sound old at all.  Plus, the random animal noises adds a texture to this song that really peeks my interest.  In addition, those faster notes played sound like insanity.  I like it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 018]

Street Fighter II - Guile's Theme

That classic music is so classic, that I had to put it here Shradow.  Now, what can I say about a song that has garnered such attention on the internet that it practically started its own meme?  Well, I'm pretty sure that I heard everyone say something about this song, so I will give my opinion on this song.  This track is just awesome, heroic and is full of America if you count in those high pitches.  The drums and the synth sound so American, that what remains of Al Quaeda is still shivering in fear when it plays.  This definitely fits in with Guile's character, and it is worthy of being called "Guile's Theme".

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 019]

Conker's Bad Fur Day - Windy and Co.

I've.......never played the drunken red squirrel's game unfortunately.  It is a shame, and I had no excuse not to since I had an N64, while this was a prime choice for the library.  Heck, I didn't even originally own Ocarina of Time for the N64.  However, this music is very upbeat.  You can hear the wind instruments and some MIDI in here, generating some kind of windmill village overworld the game that crosses so many lines.  I like the bee noises in the track, since it gives the song even more depth.  I like it so much.  It is a shame that I never played the game, and that my first experience with seeing the game happens to be.....The Great and Mighty Poo....

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Nonstandard Gameplay Channel]

[spoiler=Track 001]

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Groose's Theme

How could I resist the oppurtunity to put this song in when given the chance by a member (Shradow)? This song should be the theme of all buffoons who are bound to fail at one point and another. Enter Groose, who was at first a stereotypical bully to the protagonist just because Zelda likes Link more than him. Over the course of the game, he does get character development and become one of Link's most powerful allies. Also, it is put in the [NSGP] channel, just because you can't play while Groose's Theme is playing. Regardless, the trombone is what makes this song so memetic. Even though Groose is important...

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 002]

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Dejected Groose

This is a nice pick in theme Shradow. We all know that our favorite Skyward Sword character (well, other than Ghirahim imo) Groose is known for being the comic relief and by his theme. This theme is just, depressing. It is a complete inversion to what Groose's Theme (the song above this one) is known for. While Groose's Theme just shows a walking hilarious fail, Dejected Groose just shows complete depression. It's just pretty hard to see Groose depressed like that. Those higher and darker notes symbolize that. Well, hopefully, Groose will get his own game soon and be the the protagonist he was destined to be.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 003]

To the Moon - Everything is Alright

Thor, why did you have to give me a tearjerker song? I was just done with crying after reading Chapter 7 of that mlp fanfic yesterday, but this song is just so poignant. The piano is incredibly beautiful, and the voice seems happy sad. Unfortunately, from what I have heard of the game, the ending is just completely bitter. Is this to re-assure the player that everything will be alright? I don't know, but I don't care. The song is beautiful in many rights, and I find it rather touching. Apparantly, there is going to be a sequel. Can't wait for how that ends. Regardless, very beautiful song that everyone should listen to at least once before they die.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 004 (Halloween Track)]

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Unease

Now, although this isn't a song that isn't in the Halloween tone, I need to give Shradow props for this: It is uneasing, which makes it feel like you are being stalked. That, automatically makes it into a Halloween tone. On the other side, this feels like anything can go wrong. The song feels wispy, and the element seems dark. I think this makes the music unique in its own right, and makes it very good.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 005]

Batman: Arkham City - Main Theme

Who else would have posted this music other than the Dark Knight himself? The music just feels perfectly grand, and it definitely puts the mood of Arkham City into the game. It is serious, and I love the orchestra associated with it. The vocals are nice, and the strings are well-done. It makes you want to play the greatest liscensed game on the planet, doesn't it? Well, cannot wait for the Wii-U version though.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 006]

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Fi's Farewell

I remember this song vividly Shradow, and this song makes me tear up inside because of the beautiful piano. This also was the gates to the floodgates in my eyes for Skyward Sword: Should I even say that it is a spoiler? Regardless, the ending is among the saddest I have witnessed, just because of how bittersweet it was. Fi's theme can be heard on the wind, but it just feels much more poignant. It is just beautiful.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 007]

Pokemon B2/W2 - Title Theme

Shradow, buckin' epic song you chose here. Seriously, I love just how the DS soundchip can handle all of this. It makes me wish that I bought this game sooner. This song is just full on win on how well the orchestration is held. I love how it uses the "complete" Kyurem battle music as the opening for the track. It is just amazing at how the direction goes. Seriously, now I want to get W2, because White Kyurem is epic!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 008]

League of Legend - World Championship Login

One thing to say to you METAL, daaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm! This is the login!? Well, they really went out in this game, haven't they? I would expect something like epic elevator music to be the login, but this is orchestrated epic music. It fits, considering the nature of an LoL WC, and it makes me anticipate what is going to go on in the future. Thank you for posting this music, and people should listen to it!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 009]

Pokemon Black and White - Ending Theme

Shradow, I have never gotten the chance to ever hear this theme. I thought the ending theme would be a generic "YOU REACHED YOUR GOAL THEME!", so I skipped the ending. However, I was wrong on so many levels. This theme is just amazing. This is practically Motoi Sakuraba here, since I can hear a bit of Saturos and Felix theme in here. Yes, I just made a connection to Golden Sun, and it is amazing. This is just the song of true victory. This song makes me feel like I have completed something! Such an amazing feeling from this song.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 010]

Atelier Iris Eternal Mana - Winning Shot

Dampen, METAL, this fanfare is pretty catchy. Nothing like good JRPG fanfare music to put you in the mood for celebrating, right? Well, the rhythm and beat of this music reminds me very much of Wave Racer 64, so METAL wins nostalgia points there. In addition, it's a fanfare, a song of victory. I love this theme actually, despite my biased towards the word "Atelier" (I don't know, I just do have something against the word). Anyways, just listen and be amazed.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 011]

Eternal Sonata - Pyroxene of the Heart

Yes Sage, I got this up at that bump you did. Just in case if anyone reading this is wondering, bumping is legal. Anyways, this track is just so beautiful. It is just silent, blissful ambience that sets the mood for a scene with so much emotion inside of it. Setting music up like that is Sakuraba's talent you know, for you know that his use of voices and orchestra fits into emotional scenes. I just wish I got around to playing Eternal Sonata now :(

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 012]

Halo Wars - Freaked Out

I'm glad you came back and are posting again Mako. This ost is actually pretty awesome. I'm a big fan of orchestration, and this sounds like the advent of a battle is about to begin. In that fashion, it is awesome. Based on the title, it seems that your crew has stumbled upon something disturbing, which leads to a chaotic result. I haven't been that big on Halo, since I never played it, but the awesome music is worth checking out.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 013]

Final Fantasy III DS - Opening

While I usually do mind having videos as music for this station, I will let it slide. Shradow picked some good music here. It just sounds completely like a dream...a lucid dream where you are high and in a fantasy world where even the animals play intstruments as you skip across a pond, singing how wonderful your life is. Then, the crash happens and you are brought back to reality. Yep, I just made a connection involving drugs, but it is the best way to describe the track here: an escape from reality.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 014]

Mabinogi - Shamala's Theme/Login

Death Label, I really like the Mabinogi tracks you post (and that one track that METAL posted). There is just something about Mabinogi's music that just adds a bunch of surrealism into its tracks, and then is able to just naturally amplify its influence throughout the area. It really gives me chills. This track is no different. What I like about it is the fact that that it sounds like a Mystical Arabian themed area. I'm pretty sure that is where Shamala comes from, I guess. I still love this song though.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 015]

Sonic Colors - Reach for the Stars

Honestly Shradow, I REALLY wanted to put down Egg Nega Wisp Phase 2 (I really did) over this song, but the Battle Tracks are getting a bit crammed, and NSGP needed more love. This is possibly the best opening song for 3D Sonic games that I have ever heard. Unlike the other games, this song has much more deeper meaning. It shows that Sonic Team knows of their past failures and want to redeem it with the game (Which it did successfully I may add). It also shows that even if they keep falling, they still will get up. In addition, the aesthetics and lyrics of the song fits with the overall theme of the game (duh, space). It's a really wonderful and moving song, and it isn't sung by Crush 40 either (Not that it is a bad thing, it was just really surprising)!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 016]

Dungeons of Dredmor - Main Theme

I have to say, Shradow, this theme sounds positively epic.  First of all, that pic in the video is full on win: a kid using a fire-ice blade and fire magic against a myriad of ghosts, goblins, slugs and the occasional squid.  Second of all, I really do appreciate the bass in the music, as it has added a great atmosphere to the track.  Yes, I overuse that term alot, but who cares?  Atmosphere is what makes music music to me:  Without atmosphere, music is lifeless and dull.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 017]

You Have to Burn the Rope - Now You Are a Hero

Sage, this song is HILARIOUS!  The song completely breaks the fourth wall in every way possible.  It literally describes to the protagonist that he/she had defeated the final boss, and how there is nothing else to do in the world.  That song is kind of like a Take That to how games like to have those "You can still play, but there isn't much to do now" endings.  You might as well not continue playing.  It is witty and hilarious.  It is a great song.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 018]

Starhawk - A Tale of Two Brothers

Mako, I have no comment for this.  I don't know why, but this track makes me feel a bit...speechless.  Does it have to do with how it conveys the western film scene with the electric guitar and wind?  Could it be the harmonica that plays?  I don't know, but whatever it is, it works very well.  I like it, and you should feel good for posting this.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 019]

Epic Battle Fantasy 3 - Organ Jaws

I was very surprised when I first heard this track Sage, or Hootcake (I like Madolche Hootcake, so why not?).  I happen to be a fan of instruments with keys such as a piano, xylophone, whatever.  The choir is also strong within the music, and that organ just sounds so haunting.  In a way, it reminds me of the Tower of Salvation from Tales of Symphonia.  It's so good, I had to listen to it twice, only to get banned for doing so.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 020]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jKj6oKb2i9g]Trauma Team - Determination (Diagnosis)

And here comes the hospitalization music by Hootcake.  Well, whatever hospital this music plays in just for diagnosis must be full of badasses.  That guitar sounds like it came straight out of Pokemon Colosseum/XD, two games whose music I am a huge fan of.  There are even points of falling action that are easily detectable within the music, only for the fast-paced music to come back again.  Really, this is truly amazing music that I would never expect to hear from a Trauma game by Atlus, which is notoriously known for making incredibly hard games.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Track 021]

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Let's see what I am made of

From the bottom of my heart Shradow, I completely thank you for finding this track for me (I probably didn't look hard enough though).  This track makes me feel very hopeful about the characters who I advance in the game.  It is heroic, and it confirms that fecal matter WILL go down when they enter the next battle.  It is also joyous to hear the pinging of having their stats increased.  It makes it SO AWESOME!  Yes, I think it lacks that.  Regardless, I still love the song.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Battle Channel]

[spoiler=Track 001]

Little King's Story - King Durvoc

I'll be honest, I first heard the original piece of classical music from the episode "The River of Evil". Now, to the song itself, it is very upbeat and light at heart, perfect for a game like Little King's Story. I haven't played the game myself, but from the videos I saw and from the story, a classical song given an upbeat remix shines brightly in the game. Not everyone will like it, but I am sure as the inferno that I love it. It is pretty catchy!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 002]

Little King's Story - Final Boss

Yes, it is another Little King's Story Battle Track, but it is the final boss this time. What can we expect here? Well, we get that classical piece of music from that 1 Disney Movie that Rai mentioned. As for me, the opening greatly resembles the Helmaroc King's appearance in the Wind Waker, so I drew parallels there. As for a Final Boss track, it is quite fitting. It fast and action packed, and sounds chaotic between light and dark sounds. Ironically, the chaos is harmonic here, and it makes one raring to defeat the Final Boss of the game. I, for one, give it the Frozen Tentacle Seal of Approval.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 003]

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn - Unstoppable Destiny

Arguably, the theme of many Black Knight-type characters on the internet (like Shradow, who posted this). It sounds explosive and triumphant, like someone creating a huge battle for an important conquest. I never played any of the Fire Emblem games, but music like this makes me pretty interested to experience it for myself. It is a great battle theme, using a good amount trombones and percussion. Is Yuka Tsyjiyoko even known in the VGM Composer community? I need to listen to more of her.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 004]

Shadow Hearts Covenant - The 3 Karma

Requested to you by Thor, this track just sounds incredibly amazing. What I like about it is that it has a good use of bells and organs used in a religious setting, while combined with the Sci-Fi aspect of space. It is a unique combination (One I wouldn't hear of very often) that should be a great way to end the month of September. I haven't played any of the Shadow Hearts games, so I don't know what is the plot behind them. All I got to say is that the track is several levels of speechless awe.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 005]

Armored Core for Answer - Cosmos

Another one by Thor. When I listened to the opening, my mind felt like it was being taken to some distant galaxy. Then, I met something huge that I do not know. Then, when the vocals kick in, we battle. That is the feeling I get from this song very well. The piano in this track is very prominent along with the strained vocals in the song. I just like the vocals alot. It adds a nice eerieness to the setting, kind of like how it is awesome if one can find the balance between sweet and savory in a dessert. Yes, this song compares to the most tastiest dessert ever, just because of the elements it uses.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 006]

Team Fortress 2 - ROBOTS!

While I am among the few that have never played TF2 (*insert BOOing*), I have to say, the music sounds quite industrial. I mean that as a compliment. After all, it sounds like something out of a sci-fi horror movie with that alienesque-stereotypical music combined with that electronic keyboard. The saxophone just adds a nice hint of sexiness to the music, making it quite palletable to the ears. Shradow, you are quite the mad genius for posting TF2 music like this.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 007]

Paper Mario - Huff N. Puff

Out of all the boss songs in the game, this one is definitely my favorite. Yeah, Shradow knows how to pick some good music from the games. Anyways, what I like about this music is that it makes you feel like you are fighting a wind spirit in the clouds, which is what the battle itself if. I definitely like the pan flute-like sound being played in the background, with the organ chord being struck. It gives a darker vibe to the music. I can appreciate darker vibes to the music. It really works. As for the boss himself, I found Huff N. Puff to be the easiest out of the bosses in the game. COME ON PEOPLE! WHY DO YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT HIS DIFFICULTY!?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 008]

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic - Twilight Sparkle Stage

Ok, I recently became a brony. Also, Shadow requested some amazing music, that I will have to put 2 of those requests from the same post on here. Well, this is song #1 that is going on here. I have to say, the beginning is simple, and then goes all out a few seconds later. It definitely sounds like innocent, but really gets quite epic in there. It fits Twilight's studious personality actually. It is quite addicting to listen to. I never thought that I would say that about an Indie Game Soundtrack (Ok, except for maybe Bastion). The Mane 6 definitely did a good job here.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 009]

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic - Rarity Stage

I had a REAAALLL hard time choosing between Applejack's stage and Raritiy's stage. I picked Rarity's stage, because it sounds much more concise than Applejack's stage (doesn't mean that I don't like Applejack's stage any less). This track sounds like a cooperation between David Wise (composer for Rare), Masato Nakamura (Composer for early Sonic games), and Takashi Tateishi (Composer of the Mega Man games). It is just that epic. It first goes into a fabulous intro, and then turns into something you would expect to hear in a space-jewel cave in an action game of some sort. Needless to say, it fits Rarity down to a "T". I just noticed, I put down the unicorns of the Mare 6 as the updates. COINCIDENCE!? I think not.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 010]

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Dark Samus Battle

This time, Mako posted this track. While it isn't my favorite track in the series, it is quite amazing to listen to. It is just dark and sinister, verging on the brink of insanity. Those breathing noises thrown into the music and those synths are just eerie. Retro Studios sure knows how to invoke the atmosphere in their games. It is why they are one of my favorite studios of all time, OF ALL TIME!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 011]

Metroid Prime - Meta Ridley

My favorite battle track from the first Metroid Prime game. This could be considered Ridley's most intimidating appearance for battle. Well, he is a literal Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot Dragon in space, so why not? Also, I believe that this is my favorite Ridley theme as well. It has that intimidation factor to it, and it really fits for the penultimate boss fight between him and Samus. This is just one of the few reasons why Ridley deserves the title of "Best Arch-nemesis". Thank you, Stone Cold Loki.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 012]

Armored Core V - Stain

Thor, this is a wonderful piece of music. After all, this kind of reminds me of a "Calm Before the Storm" situation with the beginning. Then, as it begins to pick up, a piano composition is being played. Then, it just goes all out into rock music with some very impressive vocals. This is a track that has done everything right in its juristictions. It just sounds like one is fighting against fate, but the person has the power of hope on their side. It is so amazing, that it someone oozes it. Because of that, I like this song.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 013]

Star Fox Assault - Boss 3

Mako comes again with these awesome tracks. This one is from Assault, and I definitely hear some shades of the Sled Race from Adventures in this track. That alone makes it awesome, considering that I like that music. Anyways, this is just orchestrated to sound like you are fighting in space. Besides that, however, there isn't much atmosphere. However, if you want to listen to the track for the epicness, here you go. Also, he gave a 30 minute version.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 014]

Runescape - Plane-freezer Lakhrahnaz

Ah such fun times fighting against this boss with a friend...I hated how much Magic Defence it had. Well, good thing I potted for Vengeance Spells. Also, this is my favorite Ice-Floor boss music in Daemonheim (Which I probably forgot to mention). I could see that Shradow is a huge player of Runescape, considering how much of the ost he posts. However, I actually do like Runescape's music, so atmospheric. So yeah, Dungeoneering: fun, but it is just so annoying to navigate through those puzzles and lose health at :(.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 015]

Perfect Cherry Blossom - Youmu's Theme - Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird

I happen to like Touhou's music Sage, so I happened to choose this one. After all, the title of the music is weird, and weird is good. It definitely reminds me of soaring at high speeds just to shoot a single bird XD, but I digress. What I like about it is that drum sample combined with the electric organ in the background. It is fun, elegant and just all around awesome. So yeah...(Blame Death Label for getting me more into Touhou music).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 016]

Super Mario 3D Land - Final Boss

Yep Shradow, Bowser has some awesome boss music doesn't he? In fact, why is it that the times he is a final boss, he is easier than that permiscuous woman down 14th lane (hehe, society jokes)? Still, I love how the trumpet undulates in the background, showing a premise of power and glory as you fight against the koopa king. Mario has definitely come a long way since 1985, and the fact that Nintendo can easily make orchestrated music onto handhelds is amazing (See NSGP B2/W2 theme).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 017]

Eternal Sonata - Rebuilding Ourselves

Wow Sage, I love this. I played Eternal Sonata (though I never beat it), and I have to say that the orchestration Sakuraba uses is powerfully done. It has pulses of pianos reverberating, while gaining some more momentum with dissonant solos. It almost sounds too chaotic to not be amazing, as though Discord composed it himself? Regardless, this is another one of Sakuraba's great works. Eternal Sonata also happens to be a great game (I am sad that I didn't even go through half of the game yet).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 018]

Pokemon Black 2 White 2 - vs. Neo Team Plasma

To be honest, even though I want to Shradow, I don't think that I will be getting B2/W2. However, that doesn't stop me from appreciating the game for what it is. After all, the stakes have been raised in the sequel, and the new Team Plasma is serious business! Even this theme says so. To sum this theme in a few words, the track is positively electric. That bass and electric guitar makes this already amazing song really sick. This really solidifies that Neo Team Plasma is done playing around and just goes into setting their goals into action.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 019]

Mabinogi - G1 Final Boss

So METAL, Death Label has already introduced me to a sampling of Mabinogi's music, and what he showed me was so buckin' amazing that I had to check this theme out. Regardless, this is also amazing. That whining synth and organ playing in the background of the music with the beat of the drum is just so catchy and addictive. It actually reminds me a little bit of Mega Man X, especially with Infinity Mijinion's stage (whose music I liked, and the stage itself was fairly easy [only when compared to the rest of the game, which is "bust your tests hard"]). Needless to say, love it. Plus, tell Death Label to check the station out ;)

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 020]

Mabinogi - G12 Final Boss ~ Constellation of Falias

Death Label, this is really freaking amazing. I just love how fast-paced the music is, and it just sounds so sinister, as though one were fighting the the gods of darkness themselves. I love how the track just gets into the action, wasting no time with any build-up, because the speed IS the build-up, and the sinister tones of the music is where the action is. Also, the orchestration alongside the synths work so well here. Is Mabinogi F2P by any chance?

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 021]

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Gooper Blooper (You poisoned yourself!)

I haven't played Sticker Star yet Shradow, but this song is just so hilarious. It pretty much takes the 1-1 theme, adds a battle remix and for laughs and giggles adds horns just to symbolize Gooper Blooper's stupidity in allowing himself to get poisoned. It is just so hilarious, and it is fabulous at the same time. I like the melody and how it repeats itself. It makes it so awesome.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 022]

Pokemon Platinum - Frontier Brain Battle

I could not believe that, out of all the songs Shradow suggested from Pokemon, he suggests this one. It's flippin' awesome. So upbeat and so fast, just listening to it makes me want to get out and start an epic brawl. The electric synths with those beats are just making me soooo jumpy. I am typing this to the rhythm. Even though it isn't my favorite track from the series, it definitely trumps the rest of Platinum's soundtrack. So in a way, it is my favorite track from the game.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 023]

Epic Battle Fantasy 3 - Divine Madness

tbh Sage, I wouldn't know where to put this track without that tag, because I don't know much about Epic Battle Fantasy 3. However, this track kicks flank, and you know why. It just has a great beat inside while going into sinister organ tones, as though you are fighting a deity of some kind (a dark deity). It is just amazing how one can take religious influences and make it into such an awesome theme. I approve of this track :D

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 024]

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Final Bowser Battle

...well...I'm not entirely sure to say about this track Shradow. Just by listening to the music, I can tell that Sticker Star is not like other games in the series. The music is just...soooooo quirky. I mean, if one listened to the other Final Boss Tracks from the other games in the series, then one would be able to hear that PM1's Final Boss Theme is intense and slightly dark, PM:TTYD's Theme is dark and very intense, and SPM's theme is just grimdark and intense. This sounds like a fun battle against a fun villain. Even though that is what Bowser essentially is, I didn't expect to hear this as a Paper Mario final boss track. Still, that probably gives more reason to why it would able to be stand out some more.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 025]

Evergrace - Edge of the World

Well Sage, when you said "Have to be in the right mood", you weren't kidding! This song is as freaky as shipping and handling! However, I feel as though I am always in the mood to listen to this song. Why? Because I am eccentric. Therefore, it's strange factor becomes added alliteral appeal to me. First of all, that chorus is just creepy awesome. This just sounds like a festival of spirits, and the protagonist is the guest of honor (and by guest of honor, I mean the target that all the spirits attack). Plus, those snapping sounds playing over and over again just keeps adding that creepy vibe. It's a unique Battle Track, and it even tries at the right amount to do so.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 026]

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Megasparkle Goomba Battle

Shradow, out of the Sticker Star osts you have posted, this has to be my favorite track so far. What I like about this track is the fact that it gives an "Oh sh*t" factor against fighting a...goomba. Yes, the track is actually giving an imposing feel about fighting a goomba. However, this isn't just any goomba, no! Why, this goomba is all sparkly like Edward in the sun *cue people beating me up*, and it is given MEGA POWER!!! On a serious topic, this is probably the first time since Goomboss (SM64DS, not the Paper Mario one) that a goomba posed an actually threatening air.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 027]

Plants vs. Zombies - Brainiac Maniac

First of all, Plants vs. Zombies is addicting to play. Second of all Sage, I haven't really paid attention to the music against the final boss, because I was being swarmed with decaying matter, if you know what I mean. However, this is just amazing. I just like the mood it captures of rising tensions in a night setting. It also has a pop in its step, showing that the boss really knows how to set up an invasion on a suburban home. That is pretty funny how this guy just focuses on 1 house entirely and not other houses around the player's home. Then again, other people are capable of getting the same killer plants (if Crazy Dave got them, then that should be enough of a reason to assume that everyone can).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 028]

Shadow of the Colossus - Revived Power

I have to say Mako, that even though Shadow of the Colossus is filled with passions of design and is unique as a game, I couldn't honestly say that I am into boss-only games too much. However, one thing I love about the game is the music, and the music in where Wander makes the Colossus vulnerable is an amazing track. After trying many different situations to get the Colossus into a vulnerable position, the Colossus finally lets up a bit, and a sunshine of hope comes from this song, saying that the player can do it, and nothing in the world will stop you. It is a very uplifting and positive song in that regard, even if the ending just sucks for Wander.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 029]

Trauma Team: First Response - Pandemic

Well Sage, I'm feeling better, so nothing like writing the description for a good battle theme to help me get back into spirits. Now, this theme really has the urgency of combating a disease, which is fitting considering the nature of the Trauma series. The beats feel real intense, and the strings and horns really come together in a depressing, but energetic fashion that tells that the player has a life at stake, and if he/she fails, then the life is gone. Simple as that. However, knowing that the games are never that simple, the track also covers more of the hardcore section to reflect on the situation. It is pretty nice.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 030]

Advance Wars: Dual Strike - Addler's Theme

Tsundere, you have the honor of having your track be the 30th track in the Battle Station. First of all, I am definitely sensing some Golden Sun boss battle vibes from this song, especially with the higher pitches and the bass. That alone makes the track awesome. In addition, it just sounds so dark and sinister, matching the appearance of Addler. It is only natural that a guy that looks like that gets a crazy awesome theme like this. In addition, I love just how the song paces itself: it is slow, but at the same time, so fast and energetic at the same time. That might be an oxymoron, but who cares? Great music like this shouldn't be unrecognized.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 031]

My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic - Fluttershy Theme

Shradow, luckily for you, I have the direct OST link right here, so you wouldn't need to worry about the vid itself obstructing the music.  The song is different when compared to the other themes in the game, in the sense that it doesn't feel aggressive in the slightest.  In fact, it feels very calm, which does fit Fluttershy's personality and fighting style in the game....until she uses The Stare.  Thought people might feel derailed from this mood, I think that it is a wonderful addition to the game, and it adds a certain element of creativity inside of a fighting game.  That said, Fluttershy is the lethal joke character in the game, calling it!

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 032]

Persona 3 - Mass Destruction

So, first Battle Theme in a long time presented by Shard.  I have to say, I love just how jazzy it sounds.  I happen to be a huge fan of voices that cooperate with the instrumental rather than try to branch out of the concept and stick out like a sore thumb.  The scat here was implemented PERFECTLY!  Yes, I had to say that.  Plus, the sounds are like that of a bustling city street at night.  Needless to say, this gives me a very positive view on the game already, even though I haven't played it yet.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Remix Channel]

[spoiler=Track 001]

Team Fortress 2 - The Calm, remix of The Ecstasy of Gold

I know I said that it must be made by someone who isn't a VGM composer, but Shradow brought an interesting point here by saying that an unknown song was remixed into the game music you hear now. I find it to be quite an interesting point noted, and hence is put on here. I won't do this for more noteable songs though, because then this section would be flooded with them. Besides that, The Calm is quite southwestern to western. It sounds quite nice actually. Please, give this song a listen.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 002]

Rurai Makai City Esoteria, remixed by Sound.Awe

Okay, so here is the 2nd track in the station given by Sage himself. Well, I am personally a sucker for violins and wind instruments, because they add a great atmosphere to any form of music (if done right). This track is no exception. It not only signifies the action and adventure going on, but it also signifies the experience of the action and adventure. For me, atmosphere is like the ability to show in music, rather than just basically "tell". For that, this song is a winner for me. Sound.Awe must be someone amazing to be able to professionally mix the music like this.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 003]

Megaman 2 - Dr. Wily's Castle remix by Luigio

So Forum and Card Games, you have managed to break some new grounds here (get it?). First of all, this doesn't link to YT (it links to Newgrounds. I just gave away the joke), second of all, this if the first time in a while that RR gets a song requested. Finally, this song is amazing to listen to. It manages to keep the nostalgic beat of Dr. Wily's Castle that makes the song so popular, and then it just adds rock synths inside of there, which perfectly compliments the Rockman series of games as well as the track itself. If I didn't think differently, this can be used in a remake of MM2, frsrs! It is just that good.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 004]

Kirby Super Star Ultra - Marx Soul orchestrated by dunnanunna

You really wouldn't need to give me the description of the credit much Sage, especially if the uploader of the video states it in the description. Regardless, it still sounds good in orchestration. I felt that, while I did like the Marx Soul music, I felt that it was missing something. Then, I realized that it was missing an epic beat, which was what this remix gave. I salute the guy who made this remix, because this is going to be one of my higher-up remixes of songs that I felt could have done better.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 005]

Touhou ~ Phantom Ensemble : As played on Mabinogi by Keystar, Cyhira, and Arakawa

Flandre, why does Phantom Ensemble sound SOOOO familiar to me?  I feel like I have heard that song before, but I just can't put my finger on it.  Anyways, players of the game actually playing this track is mighty darn impressive.  While I haven't heard of Phantom Ensemble before (yet, it sounds so familiar for some reason...), the track sounds wonderful.  Keystar, Cyhira and Arakawa have done an amazing job with the cover here.  It is actually very interesting to listen to.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Your Voice Channel]

[Spoiler=Track 001]

9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors - Morphogenetic Shadow

This song is the most fitting music that could be played at this moment. Sadness and hope mixed together to create an unforgetable song. I honestly cried the first time I heard this song during the Incinerator scene in the Safe Ending. 999 is hands down, my favorite Video Game of all time.

[/spoiler]

[Spoiler=Track 002]

Beatmania IIDX 14 RED - Anti Ares/Scorpion Fire

The piano is a very expressive instrument in many different styles of music, but most noticeably in classic music. The utter magnitude of this piece makes it shine through. Mixing in bits of classical songs, like the famous funeral song "Air on the G string" by Bach, makes it feel like it's telling a life story, of happy moments, sad moments… And when it climaxes, it really shines through. As a long, varied and fantastically composed and performed piece, this is my favorite VGM of all time.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 003]

Bastion - Spike in a Rail

I think this game probably has one of the best composed soundtracks out there at the moment. An interesting mix of triphop and acoustic Wild West-style music gets this barren sound that could only be Bastion. The song in question is probably one of the catchier songs on the soundtrack. An irresistible riff and instrumentation basically consisting of ambient electric guitars and harmonicas backed by an edgy beat manages to evoke the feel of wanting to start dueling cowboys. It prances at a shamelessly carefree tempo, being set during what can only be described as a giant floating railway. No build-up, no silly climaxes; just pure game-playing music to get you in the mood for smashing things straight from the first few seconds. An fun thing to note is that the riff is an interpolation of the melody of Build that Wall (Zia's Theme), and is in fact repeated several times throughout the soundtrack as a motif. It's the music of a creative genius, put into the hands of one of the best indie games of 2011.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 004]

Starhawk - Rifter Pride

Starhawk is a game that, despite all of it's awesome, never really took off in popularity, even with free DLC. As a result, it's amazing soundtrack is overlooked quite often. For example, this little piece. Now, admittingly, I couldn't name when you hear this song if I tried. Yet it's a song that has just sort of stuck with me. I don't know whether it's the combination of the instruments that makes it so memorable, or maybe the part in-game where it's heard, but one thing is for certain. It sure as heck conveys what it's trying to. A sense of Pride. It's the sort of song that makes you want to stand up and kick the ever loving crap out of any fool that gets in your way.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 005]

Portal - Still Alive

Think about it, you have just finished Portal, a very strenuous game about solving puzzles using portals. With all the madness of puzzles, turrets, corny jokes, and cake, after you beat the game, the credits turn on. Most people roll their eyes when they hear the words "video game credits", but after listening to this song during the end credits changed my mind. The music is by Jonathan Coulten and is sung by the voice actor for GLaDOS, Ellen McLain. It is more vocal than instrumental, but the sound of the music is so moving and peppy it just makes you want to stop what you are doing and start singing along. The song has so much humor from the game that listening to it brings back memories of those strenuous puzzles. Speaking of Portal, this song showed the gamer that there would be a sequel. This song brings back so many memories for me that just listening to it makes me happy. If that does not make a quality Video Game Song than I don't know whatwill.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 006]

The Binding of Isaac - Emnity of the Dark Lord

It's funny when you think about it, that a composer for indie-games and movies, seems to do a better job then most other big name composers today.

This is it, you have clawed your way through floor after floor, fought boss after boss, even killed your own mother, to get this far, to the one evil that has been plaguing you the entire game, Satan.
The mere fact that you made it this far has pissed of the Dark Lord, to no end, and holy hell does the music does not spare a moment in letting you know that. Essentially giving you the "Do or die" response, not for a second stopping in letting you know that you WILL die horribly if you even slip up for a second..

Dany Baranowsky, the composer, essentially caught the lightning in the bottle with this track, mixing everything from Gregorian chanting, an electric guitarr, synths, and god knows what else to make a highly adrenalin inducing track, starting out highly menacing, and keeping the tone for a good portion of the track to not make you forget who the hell you are up against, and what will happen if you do even the tiniest misstake, as Satan throws nearly EVERY trick the game has in store, at you.

Now, if you excuse me, I need to find someone to have an epic swordfight with while the world crumbles around us, it is THAT epic.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 007]

Minecraft Calm 1

To get this track, I guess you need to have played Minecraft at least once for a decent amount of time. Basically, that track always has a habit of playing when I find some amazing map generation. One time, it played right when I made it to the top of a tall mountain and was looking over the world. The vast sea behind me, a huge forest in front, and more mountains in the distance. It made me want to make the most of the world and not lose everything there. Another time, I had been in a cave that I hadn't labeled so I could find my way out. I was lost in the cave and was running out of supplies in general. Using my last stone and iron pick, both of which were already damaged, I managed to dig my way out. Then I was lost. I wasn't sure where my home was, I had no compass, so I ended up just building a tower to help locate my home. Well, when I did make it home, it was a huge relief. Then this music started playing.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 008]

Thunder Force IV OST

I've always said that the Genesis had some amazing soundtracks. It produces a grimey metal sound particularly evident in games like Thunder Force IV. This track is incredible. To think that it comes from a 1992 game is mind blowing. Your spaceship starts off cruising through ruined electronic wasteland, hence the sinister sounding melody and despairing beat. Then, around the 0:52 mark, a sub boss battle occurs and the music suddenly speeds up with an absolutely ROCKING segment! Just try to image all that if you haven't played the game - great tune either way.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Track 009 (SPOILERS!]

Paper Mario: Sticker Star - Kersti's Power

By this point in the game, I was a little distraught at the story events, so I had a little bit of time to listen to the music before I actually made a move in this stage of the final battle, so there was that silver lining. One thing I immediately noticed was there was a bit of a remix of the Wing Cap theme in there, which was nice. However, my favorite part of the song is the section that plays right after that, all the way through until it loops back to the Wing Cap remix. It really got to me at the time, and listening to it now it still does. It's a great battle song for the situation, and really, the in-game description of the power gives a good idea of the feeling the song gives me: "Sacrifices herself to give Mario all her power, leaving everything to him." I had never wanted to defeat Bowser more (even though in this case it wasn't even wholly him), and the music was great for when you had to give it your all. Overall, an emotional piece to me.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For YV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjNi14fKSow

Morphogenetic Sorrow, 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors

This song is the most fitting music that could be played at this moment. Sadness and hope mixed together to create an unforgetable song. I honestly cried the first time I heard this song during the Incinerator scene in the Safe Ending. 999 is hands down, my favorite Video Game of all time.

[YV] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbP9qRtuMcE

Anti Ares/Scorpion Fire, Beatmania IIDX 14 RED
The piano is a very expressive instrument in many different styles of music, but most noticeably in classic music. The utter magnitude of this piece makes it shine through. Mixing in bits of classical songs, like the famous funeral song "Air on the G string" by Bach, makes it feel like it's telling a life story, of happy moments, sad moments… And when it climaxes, it really shines through. As a long, varied and fantastically composed and performed piece, this is my favorite VGM of all time.

Your link to Jord's song is incorrect since it leads to [i]We Are Finally Cowboys[/i]. I'd suggest fixing that.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQWAcgefsQQ][b][u][YV] Bastion - Spike in a Rail[/u][/b][/url]
I think this game probably has one of the best composed soundtracks out there at the moment. An interesting mix of triphop and acoustic Wild West-style music gets this barren sound that could only be Bastion. The song in question is probably one of the catchier songs on the soundtrack. An irresistible riff and instrumentation basically consisting of ambient electric guitars and harmonicas backed by an edgy beat manages to evoke the feel of wanting to start dueling cowboys. It prances at a shamelessly carefree tempo, being set during what can only be described as a giant floating railway. No build-up, no silly climaxes; just pure game-playing music to get you in the mood for smashing things straight from the first few seconds. An fun thing to note is that the riff is an interpolation of the melody of [i]Build that Wall (Zia's Theme)[/i], and is in fact repeated several times throughout the soundtrack as a motif. It's the music of a creative genius, put into the hands of one of the best indie games of 2011.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JILsZeof8m4&list=SP141DA50DC03DB408&index=21&feature=plpp_video][b][GEN] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Skyloft[/b][/url] > Simply because it's dreamy and relaxing :3
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJeNabEJ4HU&feature=related][b][BAT] Little King's Story - King Duvroc[/b][/url] > For those not aware, the entire Little King's Story soundtrack is basically remixed Classical pieces. Using the Habenera was genius for this, considering the boss is a drunken beer-belly king that's surprisingly difficult as a boss.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfveLDsuaUE&feature=relmfu][b][BAT] Little King's Story - Final Boss[/b][/url] > i.e. that Classical piece from that Disney movie.

[b][GEN][/b]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xD1FAOJI84"]The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Groose's Theme[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKYTl7rVnbs"]The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Grooseland[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxFKCblWxFw"]The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Dejected Groose[/url]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvQDiUHYE1U]The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Heroic Groose[/url]

Me groosta.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1348539668' post='6031568']
[b][GEN][/b]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xD1FAOJI84"]The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Groose's Theme[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKYTl7rVnbs"]The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Grooseland[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxFKCblWxFw"]The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Dejected Groose[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvQDiUHYE1U"]The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - Heroic Groose[/url]

Me groosta.
[/quote]

Sadly, I could only take 2 of these for GEN, so I am taking Groose's theme and Dejected Groose.
[quote name='METALMAXIMAL' timestamp='1348543068' post='6031606']
Finally this returns so to celebrate XD:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZOWkdtCZ_4[/media]

And this game is awesome :)
[/quote]

This. Music. Is. Amazing. Definitely going to GEN (unless if it is one of those Strategy games).

[quote name='Tentalus Therapist' timestamp='1348573008' post='6031749']
Sadly, I could only take 2 of these for GEN, so I am taking Groose's theme and Dejected Groose.
[/quote]

Well, those 2 were my favorite of them all anyways. :D

And now that Groose has made this thread way better, time for my favorite video game song ever:

[b][BAT][/b]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzBmvp3P2o[/media]

Also Shradow, I put the Groose's Themes in Nonstandard Gameplay rather than General, since you aren't really playing the game when it is going on (This counts for those VGMs that even though you can play, you aren't really playing, like Sorrowful Tazmily).

[quote name='Tentalus Therapist' timestamp='1348573008' post='6031749']

This. Music. Is. Amazing. Definitely going to GEN (unless if it is one of those Strategy games).
[/quote]
The games is called [size=5][b]Maplestory[/b][/size] for PC a MMO

[quote name='Tentalus Therapist' timestamp='1348262894' post='6029353'][center]Is Yuka Tsyjiyoko even known in the VGM Composer community? I need to listen to more of him.[/center][/quote]

Well, apparently not well known enough for you to know she's female (seems obvious from the name, really).

Though she hasn't done much, mostly FE and Paper Mario.

[quote name='Shradow' timestamp='1348703949' post='6032919']
Well, apparently not well known enough for you to know she's female (seems obvious from the name, really).

Though she hasn't done much, mostly FE and Paper Mario.
[/quote]

Yeah, when it comes to japanese naming, I don't know which names are male or female. Embarassing really :/...

Will fix that error.

[quote name='Archbaron Thor the Just' timestamp='1348832397' post='6033756']
You should add a Halloween/Disturbing section.
Anyway, onto business:
[BAT][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYiwMd5y78E[/media]
[BAT][media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQkLO-j-8as[/media]
Because I really felt like some strange vocals today.
[/quote]

Adding an entire section to that would be hard, considering that most of that music would already fall under other stations. Fortunately for you, in October would be disturbing VGM month: Anyone who posts scary/disturbing VGMs will get a rep. How about that?

Anyways, going to update today.

Archived