Chimera Soul [Fairy Tail RP] [Started/Accepting/PG-13/OOC]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay everyone the[url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/290791-chimera-soul-icacceptingpg-13/"] IC thread [/url]is up! Its not as maical as it could be and I apologize for that there was a slight rush job (Getting forced off a computer is annoying lol). However as the post states you are just now entering the guild so your first post can detail everything from how you feel entering the mansion, the looks of the mansion, the two brothers who greeted you, your room, and feel free to interact with the others of the RP. The only thing, do not reference the number people there. Thanks to my lack of internet (temporary) I can't fully post my own characters app. but I don't want to impede the creativity of others so feel free and initiate.

Finally I was able to post all the accepted apps and your ranks in the first thread if you want to see. Though some of your apps lost the luster and neatness of spoilers (Chinese computers go figure) and appearances but I will fix as soon as possible. If you have any questions PM me or ask here.

SO WELCOME TO CHIMERA SOUL AND LETS BEGIN!

[size=3][spoiler='App'][/size]
[size=3]Username: AixDivadis[/size]
[size=3]Character Name: Dune Solkaz[/size]
[size=3]Gender: Male[/size]
[size=3]Age: 19[/size]
[size=3]Rank: A, he's quite powerful[/size]
[size=3][spoiler='Appearance (I might post a pic later)'][/size]
[font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent]Dune is quite tall and has a lean, muscular build. He has spiky red hair (the same color as Erza) and small orange/amber irises (he’s one of the crazy type like Natsu). He wears a black vest trimmed with silver unzipped, like Natsu’s but it extends into a trench coat type thing, he holds it down with a belt. The belt is black leather and has gourd-shaped containers (like the kind that Gaara from Naruto wears on his back, but a lot smaller) strapped, one on each side. He has black soft-soled shoes. On his neck is a necklace of five large iron balls, 4 smaller ones to the sides and one bigger one in the middle.[/background][/size][/font]
[size=3][/spoiler][/size]
[size=3][spoiler='Personality'][/size]
[font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent]Dune is can be hotheaded and obnoxious and he likes to fight and destroy things. He seems not to give a sh*t about other people, but that is just a guise to make himself look really badass. He actually likes other people and feels really good when he’s with his friends. Most of the time, he makes a bunch of excuses when helping his friends or being with them along the lines “Oh, I was just passing by and felt like doing something random”.[/background][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent]His outward appearance and actions paint him as an ignorant and rather dim guy, the truth is that he is really observant and calculating and can make really creative use of his magical powers.[/background][/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent]When other people are watching, he likes to pull off the flashiest and destructive moves possible, and completely overkill whatever he’s doing. What a showoff. But he can figure out when or when not to waste his energy doing so, when there will be something ahead that might need him to be still at near full strength.[/background][/size][/font]
[size=3][spoiler='History/Bio'][/size]
[background=transparent][font=Arial][size=3]Dune Solkaz is the child of a great magical craftsman and a seamstress. He had a happy childhood growing up in the small town of Caelithton amongst friends and family, but it all shattered when Dune was twelve, nearing thirteen, when his town was utterly destroyed by a Dark wizard. Dune suspects that the wizard had taken his family heirloom, a stone that could transmute ordinary metals to magical nearly invincible steel and other metals with magical properties. He refused to be taken in and fostered at a neighboring village and decided to seek his fate in the great big world of adventure, hoping to eventually come upon the wizard and avenge his town. Dune came upon his job as a bounty hunter and gained lots of fighting experience against magical opponents. With this money earned from bounty, he was able to afford precious metals and craft his magnets. With creativity and determination, Dune honed his skills so that he could hunt higher and higher ranked wizards and eventually perhaps find the wizard who had destroyed his town. After seven years, Dune eventually came to Fiore, which he had started to lose hope on his quest. He became very interested in the guilds and decided to try joining one. [/size][/font][/background][b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Chimera just happens to be Dune’s favorite magical creature. ^_^[/background][/b][/font][/b]
[size=3][spoiler='Magic'][/size]
[font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent][b]Electricity and Magnetism: [/b]The two magics are interconnected. Dune can magnetize metals and control magnets (and metal). The closer they are to him, the better he can control them and the more force he can put into him. He uses his magic in a variety of versatile ways. He also has the ability to use pure electricity, but it is less skilled with it. He carries some powerful magnets around that are far stronger than any he can simply make on the spot and enchantedly heavy.[/background][/size][/font]
[size=3][spoiler='Weapons'][/size]
[size=3]His magnets have to be activated by him, otherwise their magnetic power is sealed.[/size]
[b][font=Arial][background=transparent]- [/background][/font][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]30 small rare earth magnet balls[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent] which he keeps in one of the gourds on his belt. Despite being the size of large marbles, they each weigh 50 pounds, but they are enchanted so when Dune handles them, they only weigh 1/30 of their weight. He pours them out of the gourd and they form a chain/snake and start circling him.[/background][/size][/font]
[b][font=Arial][background=transparent]- [/background][/font][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Liquid magnet, otherwise known as Quicksteel,[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent] that he can solidify at will giving him all sorts of options for turning it into weapons or shields. It is very expensive and Dune only uses it against very powerful opponents.[/background][/size][/font]
[b][font=Arial][background=transparent]- [/background][/font][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]His necklace[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent] is also a weapon, they are simply much heavier versions of the balls, the smaller ones weigh 120 lbs each and the large one weighs 200 lbs, they are also 1/30 of their original weight for Dune.[/background][/size][/font]
[size=3][spoiler='Magnet Magic Moves'][/size]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Magnet Shot:[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent] He holds a magnet between his index finger and thumb, when he lets go, it shoots like a bullet. This alone is enough to take out most wizards. It can be done with any of his magnets.[/background][/size][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Magna Shockwave Cannon:[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent] It is named so because, like a shockwave, it goes in every direction. Dune positions the 30 magnets in a circle then, when he claps his hand, they shoot out like bullets.[/background][/size][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Quicksteel Shell:[/background][/b][/font][font=Arial][background=transparent] [/background][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent]Dune forms a shield with the liquid magnet.[/background][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent][b]Quicksteel Dart:[/b] He makes a small dart with the liquid and fires it.[/background][/size][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Bullseye:[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent] Dune touches you with his finger and a bullseye appears. It attracts magnets so that it is A LOT harder to dodge his magnet shot.[/background][/size][/font]
[size=3][spoiler='Electric Magic Moves'][/size]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Shock Bullet: [/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent]He can do everything in the magnet moves section, except, the magnets now sparkle with electricity.[/background][/size][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Shock Chain:[/background][/b][/font][font=Arial][background=transparent] [/background][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent]The magnets form a line and electricity sparkles between them. He can swing it out like a whip.[/background][/size][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Shock Lance:[/background][/b][/font][font=Arial][background=transparent] [/background][/font][/b][font=Arial][size=3][background=transparent]This is the only pure electricity move you will see him use at the moment. To make a long story short, it is pretty much Chidori from Naruto.[/background][/size][/font]

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1349572368' post='6039364']
[size=3][spoiler='App']
Username: AixDivadis
Character Name: Dune Solkaz
[spoiler='Appearance (I might post a pic later)']
[font=Arial][background=transparent]Dune is quite tall and has a lean, muscular build. He has spiky red hair (the same color as Erza) and small orange/amber irises (he’s one of the crazy type like Natsu). He wears a black vest trimmed with silver unzipped, like Natsu’s but it extends into a trench coat type thing, he holds it down with a belt. The belt is black leather and has gourd-shaped containers (like the kind that Gaara from Naruto wears on his back, but a lot smaller) strapped, one on each side. He has black soft-soled shoes. On his neck is a necklace of five large iron balls, 4 smaller ones to the sides and one bigger one in the middle.[/background][/font]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Personality']
[font=Arial][background=transparent]Dune is can be hotheaded and obnoxious and he likes to fight and destroy things. He seems not to give a sh*t about other people, but that is just a guise to make himself look really badass. He actually likes other people and feels really good when he’s with his friends. Most of the time, he makes a bunch of excuses when helping his friends or being with them along the lines “Oh, I was just passing by and felt like doing something random”.[/background][/font]

[font=Arial][background=transparent]His outward appearance and actions paint him as an ignorant and rather dim guy, the truth is that he is really observant and calculating and can make really creative use of his magical powers.[/background][/font]

[font=Arial][background=transparent]When other people are watching, he likes to pull off the flashiest and destructive moves possible, and completely overkill whatever he’s doing. What a showoff. But he can figure out when or when not to waste his energy doing so, when there will be something ahead that might need him to be still at near full strength.[/background][/font]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='History/Bio']
[font=Arial][background=transparent]Dune Solkaz, at the age of 12, witnessed the destruction of his town by a single Dark wizard. He didn’t catch a good look at him, because he was outside the town at the time and escaped his doom. He suspects that the Dark wizard was there for the artifact that his dad had, it had the ability to transmute ordinary metals into some indestructible substance. He wandered the world afterwards, searching for information and doing whatever he wants, eventually reaching Fiore. Dune Solkaz learned his magic from his dad, who was a magical craftsman. [/background][/font][b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Chimera happens to be Dune’s favorite magical creature. ^_^[/background][/b][/font][/b]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Magic']
[font=Arial][background=transparent][b]Electricity and Magnetism: [/b]The two magics are interconnected. Dune can magnetize metals and control magnets (and metal). The closer they are to him, the better he can control them and the more force he can put into him. He uses his magic in a variety of versatile ways. He also has the ability to use pure electricity, but it is less skilled with it. He carries some powerful magnets around that are far stronger than any he can simply make on the spot and enchantedly heavy.[/background][/font]
[spoiler='Weapons']
[b][font=Arial][background=transparent]- [/background][/font][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]30 small rare earth magnet balls[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent] which he keeps in one of the gourds on his belt. Despite being the size of large marbles, they each weigh 50 pounds, but they are enchanted so when Dune handles them, they only weigh 1/30 of their weight. He pours them out of the gourd and they form a chain/snake and start circling him.[/background][/font]
[b][font=Arial][background=transparent]- [/background][/font][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Liquid magnet, otherwise known as Quicksteel,[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent] that he can solidify at will giving him all sorts of options for turning it into weapons or shields. It is very expensive and Dune only uses it against very powerful opponents.[/background][/font]
[b][font=Arial][background=transparent]- [/background][/font][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]His necklace[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent] is also a weapon, they are simply much heavier versions of the balls, the smaller ones weigh 120 lbs each and the large one weighs 200 lbs, they are also 1/30 of their original weight for Dune.[/background][/font]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Magnet Magic Moves']
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Magnet Shot:[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent] He holds a magnet between his index finger and thumb, when he lets go, it shoots like a bullet. This alone is enough to take out most wizards. It can be done with any of his magnets.[/background][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Magna Shockwave Cannon:[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent] It is named so because, like a shockwave, it goes in every direction. Dune positions the 30 magnets in a circle then, when he claps his hand, they shoot out like bullets.[/background][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Quicksteel Shell:[/background][/b][/font][font=Arial][background=transparent] [/background][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent]Dune forms a shield with the liquid magnet.[/background][/font]
[font=Arial][background=transparent][b]Quicksteel Dart:[/b] He makes a small dart with the liquid and fires it.[/background][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Bullseye:[/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent] Dune touches you with his finger and a bullseye appears. It attracts magnets so that it is A LOT harder to dodge his magnet shot.[/background][/font]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Electric Magic Moves']
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Shock Bullet: [/background][/b][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent]He can do everything in the magnet moves section, except, the magnets now sparkle with electricity.[/background][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Shock Chain:[/background][/b][/font][font=Arial][background=transparent] [/background][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent]The magnets form a line and electricity sparkles between them. He can swing it out like a whip.[/background][/font]
[b][font=Arial][b][background=transparent]Shock Lance:[/background][/b][/font][font=Arial][background=transparent] [/background][/font][/b][font=Arial][background=transparent]This is the only pure electricity move you will see him use at the moment. To make a long story short, it is pretty much Chidori from Naruto.[/background][/font]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler][/size]
[/quote]

I would simply like some more detail in this before its accepted. For example his bio is simply one random event. Does he even have a mother? What was this town of his like? If he's 19 witnessed destruction at the age of 12 and had to learn magic somehow before then why is he so blantantly powerful. Also he magic while I won't bother to compare it to Laxus because that would be too easy. I will say that his abilities sound like that of a Claimer from Rave Master...which is fine sense both Rave Master and Fairy Tail are written by the same person. Having said all that I wouldn't mind giving someone this...manic the rank A position because that would perfectly balance out the symmetrical neat freak who also has the rank A. But I would like that History part to be expounded upon first.

Also love that I have Black Star and Death the Kidd from Soul Eater practically in this RP. That and the guild is with 2 pessimist, the balance nut, a sun dragon, and soon to be some others. I think I should change my character around a little lol.

ha, i really laughed (well I smiled humorously) when I saw the symmetry guy and also instantly thought of death the kid
alright i'll lengthen the history

i think we need more cheerful characters if we want an atmosphere more like fairy tail rather than sabertooth
tho it would be good for plot if we somehow win over the pessimists and make them into slightly more cheerful ppl

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1349607030' post='6039519']
ha, i really laughed (well I smiled humorously) when I saw the symmetry guy and also instantly thought of death the kid
[/quote]

was throwing around ideas in my head and seemed a good idea to make it interesting x3, now keeping in mind how symmetrical he wants/needs stuff look at my magic xD

Ugh I hate this lack of internet it hinders my productivity so much. Having said that Duke is accepted with the A Rankness, I guess not every app can be some essay length history of a 19 yr. old. So you may begin posting.

Since I don't have interwebz I will wait at least one more day (not a full 24 hrs just whenever I get interwebz) for TitanKing to post. Until then feel free to interact with each other...or not. Up to your characters.

Okay all I have interwebz again lol

Anywho So lets get the ball rolling. First Congratulations you have now been introduced to the entire Bane family (well somewhat) and you now have the opportunity to interact with each other and the family. This means you can talk, flirt, insult, or even fight if you want to. No actions will be frowned upon Talon likes spunky people, however inaction (from a posting point of view) is frowned upon lol. Anywho you have a lot of information to derive a decent post from so have fun once everyone gets a good post or dialogue going I can set up and introduce the mission boards lol

Also I have added Dune Solkaz and my own optimistic Fred Astaire based character Henry Whitley to the guild members. So lets have fun with this

my character is finished dinner/lunch whatever meal it is and is up for a fight, unless the guildmaster says that its not allowed or doesn't have time for it, so... anyone up for a short bout?
i suppose, when everyone is done eating, it can be stopped so that the guildmaster can [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]set up and introduce the mission boards[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Actually it's sort of brunch lol the thought was that you would get enough time to complete a mission or two (depending if you want to RP going to sleep or other nighttime shenanigans)

Also after reading your post I realise this was an excellent opportunity for us to have a practice boss battle...so here we are consider this like the tutorial of videogame lol lets get the fine tuning out of the way so your actual missions can flow smoothly.

Now if you review the insanely brief combat and posting section its quite simple you do something and deem what happens after that. This should be fun...or at least I hope so lol

oh.. forgot to read combat brief before that post ^^", moving within two tables distance and writing a law in the air should be a small enough thing to deem it as one move right? [if interrupted Ic via anyone bumping him or him being hit in IC time before he would have fionished writing the law would be negated as itr would be incomplete, thus my move is interruptable, adding the fact that michael has the see the law before it's effect will begin to get him it should be balance enough for one move shouldnt it?]

[quote name='ClearAngel' timestamp='1349903235' post='6041760'][color=#4B0082][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Mr. Bane, I say this with the utmost respect for you and your family, but I have question about your son, Micheal. I believe his anger comes from a lack of a sexual outlet, I do believe the term is he needs more of his womans. Have you considered this?[/background][/size][/font][/color][/quote]
O_o ...isn't this PG-13?

i'm wondering, are there generic NPCs in the guild? or is there only the player characters plus the bane family in the guild right now?
and i'm considering having another character, a minor but interesting and sometimes comedic one. he will have what might be a lost magic, though i'm having a hard time coming up with a name for it. he isn't very good at it and it isn't purely combat based. It creates bubble dimensions that can be compressed, though at no harm to people/items inside and when the bubble is released, if it was compressed, the stuff inside instantly expands and becomes normal sized. it can be used to trap opponents or create pressure bombs (as in making explosions by the sudden expanding of the stuff inside. how he traps stuff inside is by breathing bubbles (like bubblebeam) at whatever he wants to include in the bubble, the bubbles connect and form a big bubble. these bubbles are hard to pop, though the user can pop them at will. it [i]is[/i] possible to pop them from the inside, just very hard to and as the user gets better, the bubbles become stronger.
no matter what's inside the bubbles are always weightless.

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1349911576' post='6041852']
i'm wondering, are there generic NPCs in the guild? or is there only the player characters plus the bane family in the guild right now?
[/quote]

Those come later as you complete missions right now just the bane family and you all.

[quote name='ClearAngel' timestamp='1349908728' post='6041833']
Alright now that I consider it I will edit it. Very sorry, like really, really sorry.
[/quote]

Thank you

Now for everyone else Michael just whooped some behind and two people are out of the fight Park and Henry...so those two characters can post being in the "infirmary" where there is a T.V. for watching the fight. Second, the remaining combatants you have a little control over Michael in your next post as in if you want to engaged in close range combat you can do so. That way its not just special attack spammfest. Any questions?

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1349917482' post='6041911']
would the above mentioned magic be lost magic?
[/quote]

What above mentioned magic?

Okay so I'm glad we did this training boss battle so we could get issues like these solved rather quickly. No one can end a Boss Battle other than me unless I state otherwise (as in I allow you to drive your own subplot/mission). Also you definitely don't get control over people who are not involved with the current battle. Now [b]ALL[/b] are to [b]IGNORE[/b] the post that states Dune gets to end the fight until it is edited into something acceptable.

Once again this is the beauty of practice rounds because if this was an actual mission (especially a plot important one) I would be mad lol

Archived