YOUR Video Game (even if only related) Stories!

Makο

Here in Cali, one must be 18+ to buy an M rated game without an adult. It's a very good idea, but it works as a roadblock against people like me who rather enjoys M rated games. So, whenever I end up at Gamestop or something, I end up having to pester my Mom just to BE there so I can get a game. A game like...Borderlands 2. However...

So I walk inside. After scrolling through the PS3 section, I go up to the counter and ask for a copy of Borderlands 2. After the usual "Rewards Card" deal, he takes a quick look at me and says "Hmm...you look 18" and proceeds to check the game out. So, I tell him "No, I'm actually not."
"Oh? You pull off 18." And he continues to check the game out.

He obviously didn't get the message. I had to speak up again or myself would kill me.

"I'm 15 and a half."

He half nods and continues working. Money is exchanged, I leave with the game.

I reaaaaally need a new razor.

So yeah. Interesting stories happen all the time, whether in or out of a game. Share 'em! I'd like to hear a good story.

So I was at a con, and there was a game room with all sorts of various games. In one section they've got the N64s, and late one night abunch of guys turn Mario Party 2 into a drinking game. I didn't know the rules since I wasn't participating and only glanced occasionally from afar, but it looked fun as all get out. (But they were drinking, so that sort of goes without saying.)

(Also, during that con I won $64 for placing second in a SSBB tournament, using Ike. Managed to beat Diddy Kong but the Snake player got first.)

I used to forget that I wasn't 17 all the time and have to go, "Uh duh, I forgot I couldn't buy Halo," and return with my mom, who was usually in the grocery store across from the GameStop.

There was this game that I played with my cousins as a kid. WAY back in my memory, so I could only remember vague descriptions of it. So I tried to find out what game it was for a long time. Now recently, Twisted Metal had come out for the PS3. I noticed and dismissed it as something I would never play. It's just some stupid overly-violent action game. Turns out that game I've been trying to find was one of the original Twisted Metal games. I'm a fan of the series and I didn't even know it.

My story is about the game Dokapon Kingdom, and what happens when you mix it with sibling rivalry.

This is the back of the box:
[img]http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/0/939220_103165_back.jpg[/img]

So upon getting the game, I play with my brother and sister. After we inevitably stopped playing, my brother and sister had a falling out for a few months, this game made them hate each other that much (then again, it's not like they were the best of friends to begin with). I've only ever completed it by playing single-player with computers. And even then, since I had them on the hardest difficulty, it was infuriating for me even though I was alone.

Don't get me wrong, it's still an amazing and fun game, it's just infuriating at the same time. My friends and I played a game together for a time, and while we did get pretty angry at each other at times, it was still fun.

Archived