The Midnight Crew (MS Paint Adventures)

Lord English

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well.
Well well Equius.
That's a rocking pair of shades ya got there.
Seriously they suit him so well and his expression when Dirk threw thim just KAWAAAAAAAAAAII
The world is now going to end. Equius was called Kawaii. It goes against his being. But seriously
Also I am going to listen to the entire horse song because f*** sleep.

• 3 weeks later...

HE CHANGED THAT JOKE. I CAN'T BELIEVE HE CHANGED IT.

You wouldn't believe how many people got offended by Caucasian. This is what happens when people take Hussie too seriously after 5000 fucking pages like a bunch of babies. He's pulled stuff like this before, why get angry NOW?

deep peachy sigh

I think these updates are scaring me more than when Gamzee went nuts...er.

Tricksters were funny at first, now they're just really creepy.
Sincerely hoping Dirk doesn't become one.

You wouldn't believe how many people got offended by Caucasian. This is what happens when people take Hussie too seriously after 5000 fucking pages like a bunch of babies. He's pulled stuff like this before, why get angry NOW?

deep peachy sigh

Tricksters were funny at first, now they're just really creepy.
Sincerely hoping Dirk doesn't become one.

What is there even to be offended about?

And I have neutral feelings towards the tricksters. But yes, if Dirk became one, that'd be very depressing.

What is there even to be offended about?

And I have neutral feelings towards the tricksters. But yes, if Dirk became one, that'd be very depressing.

Apparently a multitude of things. The three I know the most would be how people find it to be some sort of racist joke, and the second being that it pisses off a lot of people with headcanons about Jane's skin tone being darker. The latter is dumb though because this is the skin tone for her Trickster mode, not her canon self. The third one being that Hussie KNEW about people's headcanons and how people argued about it, especially people on tumblr. He took a jab at the entire Homestuck Fandom's arguments. He's been picking on the fandom on tumblr directly for some time now, so it made people more upset. There was other problems people had, but I can't really be bothered to remember or care.

Personally, I'm cool with Tricksters as a joke. But I would really like to get back to a coherent plot. Act 6 feels like such a jumbled mess now. It's funny, but it doesn't have the epic feel act 5 had. Which is why I'm hoping Dirk is like "fuck this" and snaps them all out of it.

Unfortunatly Dirk is not really that strong, he's capable but Jane has been shown able to take down HORRORTERRORS. Him being even close to a threat is practically laughable.

The Lollipop was stated to basically be equivalent to a invincibility powerup, this means its temporary but unstoppable.

And the key difference is act 5 got thousands of pages to build up, hussie is predominately using new characters here so naturally everything starts at base.

Another thing is that Act 5 is an incredibly hard act to follow (bad pun). Afterall, that act gave us Cascade, one of the most well known flashes of Homestuck, the trolls (some of which who did become one-note, beside the point) and essentially some of the greatest parts in homestuck (in my opinion)

So Act 6 (and its millions of mini acts) has a lot to live up to, and it's sort of buckling as it keeps going and going and going. At some point, something has gotta give way with this act.

The other thing is that Act 5 made a lot of things make sense, Act 6 has just been introducing new things for quite a while, and it's hard to imagine it ending in a way that satisfies many.

On the Tricksters, they seem really innocent when it's just one (aka, Jane) but when they interact with others they are a little scary to me. I was rooting for Roxy getting away and remaining a non-Trickster, was actually rather sad when she didn't and even sadder now that she's back into booze. She was doing so well too.

In the very least, I think Dirk should be able to avoid turning Trickster. After all, as a Heart player there are lots of him, and he splinters. So, he could avoid the Trickster thing. He's also a destroyer of Heart, which could be thought of as this sort of happiness the tricksters have, so maybe he can fix it? I don't know, I just don't like tricksters. It's a nice joke, but really. At this rate the beta kids and trolls will get to the session and just wtf so hard. I dunno.

/rant done

Welp, Dirk's becoming a trickster.

I was also rooting for Roxy to not become a Trickster. Everyone was having problems, but Roxy was down to serious business. Jane and Jake were Tricksterified, Dirk was just on the rooftop dealing with his new sprite, but Roxy was searching for her God Tier bed while invisible.

Act 6 seems to be getting more random to the point where I want to stop reading because it's getting literally nowhere.

Archived