[Striker] Weekend Contest #1

Nathanael D. Striker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not particularly powerful, but can be useful for filling up the 40 cards. Also useful in a Mystic Piper Deck.

HOPE-EN001 Ultimate Rare - Second Chance

117099.jpg

Lore: If this card is added to your hand from your Deck to your hand: You can reveal it; return it to the bottom of your Deck and draw a card.

Meh, haven't competed in a contest in a while. And the last one was Striker's so...

Earthquake Paladin Ji-Shin

EARTH / Level 4

[ Rock / Effect ]

This card cannot be Special Summoned. While this card remains face-up on the field, each player can only Special Summon 2 monsters per turn. When a monster is Special Summoned: You can tribute this card; banish, face-down, 1 Special Summoned monster on the field.

ATK / 1900 DEF / 800

|Realm of the Titans|

|Field Spell|

|If this card is activated Field Spell Cards cannot be activated and this card is unaffected by card effects until your next Standby Phase. Once per turn, during either player's turn, each player can select 1 monster they control. Until the next Standby Phase, that monster cannot be removed from the field by their opponent's card effects and if it destroys a monster as a result of battle, they can draw 1 card during the End Phase.|

Rulings:

* The first effect does not activate. Chaining MST to "Realm of the Titans" (and targeting it) will waste MST.

* If a monster destroys multiple cards as a result of battle, a player can still only draw 1 card.

* Destroying tokens, or other monsters which are not sent to the Graveyard, still triggers the draw.

* The second effect is a Spell Speed 2 effect which either player can activate, has no cost, and targets 1 monster they control.

* One player can activate the effect of "Realm of the Titans" in response to their opponent activating "Realm of the Titans" - both effects will resolve normally.

* If a player's selected monster has the same ATK as its target, it still destroyed a monster as a result of battle and the controller still can draw a card.

Idea:

Most boss monsters seem undervalued - they take a fair bit of dedication and get blown away by 1-4-1 removal and don't give enough pay-off for risking a negated Summon. People prefer to spam 2-3 mid-tier monsters instead, most of the time. This card allows you to highly value a single boss, giving it protection from 1-4-1 removal that can often make a big card feel worthless, and increases the pay-off of big monsters by giving you that nice draw.

The first-turn protection is because, in 3 MST format, relying on a field/continuous to increase the value of your boss is inconsistent at best.

Rulings are based off of the wording of the card.

If you want a card to be ruled a certain way, then write it as such.

Don't list rulings. That's part of the card design. :\

I believed that was the correct interpretation of the card anyway.

yeah but it would malefics and earthborn immortals overpowered

Malefics, maybe. It's certainly a great field for them, but I really don't think EBIs would be tier 1 with it.

Guest Archbaron Thor the Just

I'm up for this.

39963.jpg

2 Level 1 Monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: Place the top card of your deck on your side of the field; It is treated as an Effect Monster (Psychic-type/LIGHT/Level 3/ATK ?/DEF 0). It cannot be used for a Summon. When it leaves the field: Shuffle it into your deck. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Increase the ATK of a monster Special Summoned by this card's effect by the ATK of the detached monster.

I love it when people argue for everybody to see, especially when it really isn't that important.

I'm arguing that something other than the card in question could affect how you judge a card. In a card design contest, I find that to be very important. :\

Guest Archbaron Striker

I'm arguing that something other than the card in question could affect how you judge a card. In a card design contest, I find that to be very important. :\

I agree with what you are saying. The rulings weren't needed since I could already infer them by the Card Grammar.

Card accepted.

I'll join

JekG8.jpg

Lore: 1 "Burning Plain" + 1 "Aqua Plain" + 1 "Earthy Plain" + 1 "Holy Plain" + 1 "Unholy Plain" monsters. Tribute 1 FIRE Attribute monster inflict 500 points of Damage. Tribute 1 WATER Attribute and negate the Attack of a monster . Tribute 1 EARTH Attribute monster and add 1 Spell of Trap Card from your Deck to your Hand. Tribute 1 LIGHT Attribute monster and increase your Life Point by 500. Tribute 1 DARK Attribute monster and remove from play 1 Card on your opponents side of the field.

Archived