[Striker] Weekend Contest #1

Nathanael D. Striker

Guest Archbaron Striker

[spoiler=Kvn523]

Creativity: 4/4

Viability: 2.3/3

Balance: 2.2/3

Total: 8.5/10

A Synchro that can be treated as an Xyz at the same time? I haven't heard such a thing. Since it's a Level 7 Synchro, it can take a little work to Summon this thing. I think the payout is a little too much considering it gets a shield for every monster it destroys. Overall, a good job indeed.

[spoiler=Scrooge]

Creativity: 2/4

Viability: 1.2/3

Balance: 1.3/3

Total: 4.5/10

It's slow. It takes at least 2 turns to even use its protection and its last effect is only worth it after the second turn it is on the field. To be quite honest, I wouldn't even consider this card.

[spoiler=Majestic Star Bahamut]

Creativity: 3.8/4

Viability: 2.6/3

Balance: 2.6/3

Total: 9/10

Wind-Up Zemanies immediately comes to mind when I see this. You can prevent its destruction effect by playing this since it can only use its destruction effect DURING the End Phase it detached an Xyz Material. I believe there are other cards that would benefit from this, but that was the first that popped into my head. Good job!

[spoiler=sora1499]

Creativity: 3.3/4

Viability: 2/3

Balance: 1.7/3

Total: 7/10

Don't get me wrong, this is a decent card. There are two concerns. The first is that people would still go with the "walking solemn" before this. If someone did use this, it is begging to be abused. Attack with this and immediately banish it. Then you can wait until their boss monster comes out, spring this out, and immediately destroy their boss monster with the ability to repeat this again. I'm worried about this card and so should you.

[spoiler=newhat]

Creativity: 4/4

Viability: 1.2/3

Balance: 2.8/3

Total: 8/10

Not much to about this. I think it is good design, but I don't see this being used at all save for the occasional tech. It's creativity and apparent balance saves this.

[spoiler=johnhabib25]

Creativity: 2.7/4

Viability: 1.5/3

Balance: 1.8/3

Total: 6/10

I don't see this being used at all. The fact you need to go under 1000 LP for a temporary 3k beater is just silly. Thr other effects are just fillers. Honestly, the other effects are useless. I just don't like this.

[spoiler=exanae]

Creativity: 3.3/4

Balance: 2.7/3

Total: 8/10

I've seen cards like this, but they were usually in Spell/Trap form. I see a decent combo with this and Cyber Dragon to get an easy Rank 5, but I don't think that would be viable in today's meta. It's good since it could bait out certain Spell/Traps cards, but it's a risk.

[spoiler=Thar Ablaze]

Creativity: 2/4

Viability: 2.5/3

Balance: 1/3

Total: 5.5/10

Uh, broken. Synchro Summon with this, instantly bring it back, and do it all again or Xyz Summon. I don't like this since it makes a +0 Synchro Summon with the ability to pull something else immediately after. I just don't see any redeeming factors for this.

[spoiler=~OW~]

Creativity: 3.6/4

Balance: 2.5/3

Total: 8.6/10

I can see this in Frognarchs. SS Treeborn, Equip this, Tribute Treeborn, NS a Monarch, activate the Monarch's and this card's effect (they do have the same timing, right?), and Xyz Summon a Rank 8. Sounds a lot of fun to me and I bet there is more to this.

[spoiler=Mikel]

Creativity: 3.2/4

Viability: 2.8/3

Balance: 2.4/3

Total: 8.4/10

COMBO BREAKER! Sorry, but I had to. I believe that this is the meta's worst nightmare, but being able to see your opponent's hand to banish something is pushing it for a +0. Other than that, I see no problem.

[spoiler=AixDivadis]

Creativity: 2.9/4

Viability: 3/3

Total: 8.7/10

It's simple, but it does its job. That's all I can really say. It's essentially a redraw. Can't say anything else.

[spoiler=Agro]

Creativity: 3.2/4

Viability: 2.8/3

Total: 8.8/10

Houston, Dino Rabbit has a problem. Rabbit is not going to like this at all. On top of that, it prevents people from swarming and even bringing out their big guns in fear of this getting rid of it. That is what I like about this.

[spoiler=Hila I]

Creativity: 3.4/4

Viability: 1.6/3

Balance: 2.4/3

Total: 7.4/10

Level 7 kills this. If it were either a Level 6 or a Level 8, it could see use. As it sits, it has little use except to temporarilly get rid of a boss monster.

[spoiler=-Griffin]

Creativity: 3.7/4

Balance: 2/3

Total: 8.2/10

I smell a slippery slope. I would still choose a Mid-Level monster thst can be easily summoned and keep drawing, especially BLS. I get what you are trying to do, but it can be abused. At least 3 MST and a HS are there to keep this in check, but not much.

[spoiler=Archbaron Thor the Just]

Creativity: 3.4/4

Balance: 3/3

Total: 8.4/10

Walls everywhere! Seriously, this is a monster meant to produce a barrier. I doubt the other monster's ATK will get high enough to be useful. It is more useful than other Rank 3 monsters, but not by much.

[spoiler=Lethal Phoenix]

Creativity: 1/4

Viability: 1/3

Total: 3/10

Well, it works with a Custom Deck. Really can't apply it anywhere else, but it's horrible since Level 12 rarely exists at all.

[spoiler=Hellion083]

Creativity: 1/4

Viability: 1/3

Total: 3/10

A card for a Custom Deck that has some stereotypical effevts for the attributes. Nothing interesting here and Fusions are long gone except Heros, GB, and Gem-Knights.

1. Bahamut

2. Agro

3. AixDivadas

Thank you everyone and yes, it took a couple hours for me to go through all of this. I thank you for your patience and I'll pay out the prizes now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody can spell my name correctly. But don't worry, it's not easy :P

However, I do feel pretty satisfied with my score, looking forward to the next one.

Also, there are Lurkers of all attributes, and a Rank 5 Xyz, this one is the most original though.

And you can bait out things like Solemns, Mirror Forces or Bottomless Trap Holes with this one, so it's a risk you'll just have to take.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived