Chimera Soul [IC/Accepting/PG-13]

Love of Ghibli

Michael just couldn't understand where all these questions were coming from. [color=#006400]GOD DAMN IT!! Its like explaining things to circus imps seriously...[/color]he was cut off while the hulking mass of man known as Le' Crux walked through the door. All of a sudden Michael's eye twitched as this behemoth dared to utter the name of the guild. Luckily he didn't have to do anything as there was already a metal sphere and knife flying towards its face. [color=#006400][i]That's all[/i][/color] he thought sarcastically as that was one of the few times he actually respected the kids for doing something. Of course they could follow up such similar action and finished off themselves that would be nice too, but that wasn't likely to happen. All three brothers and Talon watched as this big man handled the threats and well he wasn't impressed not that any action other than dying would've impressed him. [color=#006400]OH MY GOD! THE FAT KID![/color] Whether this man had big muscles like the hulk or not wasn't the point he was still a fatty. He looked to his father and started complaining. [color=#006400]Seriously do you see this? We still have to eat in this house, how is this allowed to happen?[/color] He looks back at Le'Crux. [color=#006400]"Let me guess your magic is to turn the immediate air around into cake frosting you fat waste of..."[/color] Michael couldn't continue his insult because once again a white band had appeared over his mouth.

[color=#000080]That's enough of that[/color] Simon concluded. [color=#000080]Anywho welcome I'm glad to invite you to Chimera Soul this is my brother Michael,[/color] Simon points to Michael is busy once again flipping everyone off, [color=#000080]and this is Chris,[/color] who is simply putting the top part of his clothes back on and just nods at the boy [color=#000080]and I am Simon and we will become more acquainted in just a minute.[/color] Finally this is our guild master and my father Mr. Talon Bane. As Le'Crux undoubtedly looked at Talon, Talon actually made eye contact with him. There was only death in this exchange as Le'Crux could feel the murderous dark aura that simply oozed out of the guild masters very existence. It was as if Talon had simply walked up to the hulking man ripped out his soul and heart and feasted on it ever so politely. To cut this tension in the air Talon waved his hand ever so politely and said [color=#000000]Hello[/color] like one would imagine Santa Claus.

[color=#000080]But time is of the essence and since you have chosen let us be on our way.[/color] Talon raised his hand and a staticy glowing orb of black lightning grew from it. It was then that Le'Crux got his mark however it manifested on him and the hole guild as it were was teleported the roof. It was then that a dark rift appeared in front of as a massive[url="http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROf-4mo5NP-NFqBMlYf8ejyXniNR9mlXnLt0m1EyXcDfY1w_4aVQ"] ship[/url] came from this black hole and docked next to the mansion.[color=#000080] Well lets get going Simon[/color] said as a small bridge led to the roof and allowed them all to enter. Michael ,with his mouth restraint removed, and Chris gave a slight chuckle when they saw the massive vessel because they knew how they got it. Let's just say a lot of blood was shed over that. As everyone boarded the ship Simon directed everyone to the flight deck where they had a panoramic view of the sky and surroundings. The ship took off and in a matter of moments they were in the sky flying towards their first ever mission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Henry was ecstatic to see this newcomer, unlike everyone else apparently to him this man was such an interesting character. he had a French-esk name, looked like a sumo wrestler, and was oddly flexible. [color=#b22222]COOOOOLL [/color]he shouted as he mysteriously popped up at various space around the man inspecting him and all of his cool items. [color=#b22222]Yay new friend, Le'Crux, I'm Henry glad to meet you and welcome to the family.[/color] Henry was trying to imitate the brothers that welcomed him to the guild in similar fashion. But before he could finish welcoming the new friend he was interrupted by more of Michael's antics. As Michael proceeded to insult the newcomer over and over again Henry tried to be reassuring. [color=#b22222]Yeah he's pretty much like that all the time. I think he secretly likes us though.[/color] He said with a smile. Simon had continued talking and then the group was teleported to the roof. Henry's eyes lit up like the sun when he literally jumped for joy. [color=#b22222]Awesome, awesome, and awesomeness,[/color] he kept gasping as the guild walked inside and looked at the flight deck. The ship took off rather quickly for him and he stood around looking in even more amazement.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Simon let the kids gather round before a mysteriously accurate amount of chairs popped up and a giant round table popped up in the middle of the room. Clearly telling all the kids to have a seat. When they all sat down Simon snapped his fingers and a 3-D image of a [url="http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=castle#/d5cmat3"]castle[/url] appeared. [color=#000080]So children this is our target, in the deeper most regions of this place lies our objective, some officials [/color][url="http://genzoman.deviantart.com/art/Street-Fighter-Makoto-140306446?q=gallery%3AGENZOMAN%20randomize%3A1&qo=1"][color=#000080]daughter [/color][/url][color=#000080].[/color] An image of the daughter appears. [color=#000080]The story goes that she got into a fight at a bar with some of the wrong people. So of course she was kidnapped. The official story is a tad more romantic than that but still this is what happened. Now she is held up prisoner in this foreign land and as many of you surmised this is an excuse for war. Don't why though with the guild strength of Fiore it would be stupid to actually go to war with such a land. Nevertheless this is happening now. Some smart official must have posted this mission to avoid a war, bloodshed, and the like. [/color]

[color=#000080]First you will be air dropped in directly over the castle.[/color] The image shows little mini people falling from a ship on top of the castle landing safely. [color=#000080]From here you will break into three teams.[/color] Red arrows show the group breaking into three different directions. [color=#000080]One group will actually be in charge of disabling the security station located in the uppermost watch tower, another group will actually act as a diversion and stall this wide assortment of [/color][url="http://th06.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2010/315/2/a/theos_quad_tanks_01_by_vulnepro-d32lr6l.jpg"][color=#000080]tanks[/color][/url][color=#000080] [/color][color=#000080]and [/color][url="http://th02.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/i/2010/351/0/4/walker_tanks_by_sttheo-d34zb62.jpg"][color=#000080]mechs[/color][/url][color=#000080] that will undoubtedly fire upon you the second you actually land on the castle roof, and finally the third will group will actually be rescuing the princess.[/color] [color=#000080]Now there are a lot more semantics but I feel this should be sufficient information for all of you.[/color] Arrows light up the paths and destinations for all three groups. [color=#000080]Now as some of you have mentioned a large portion of this is stealth based. Even the diversion squad can't make too much noise as it will notify the surrounding enemy encampments. The ship will be able to scramble all lines of communication but thanks to your guild symbols you can talk to each other as long as you're within a couple 100km of each other and I can talk to you from this ship no matter the distance so I will be guiding you via them. [/color]

[color=#000080]So now for the fun part, getting to know each other. So as best to make the most optimal pairings and to simply learn about your new family members I want us to each go around and tell everyone your name, magic, and which of the three jobs would you like to do.[/color]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shortly after Talon had raised his hand at Le'Crux, the big man inspected his body in an attempt to find the mark. After some looking, he spotted it as a relatively large mark just underneath his right clavicle and extending down to his lower-mid-pectoral region. The islander liked the design and the placement, nodding subtly at Talon to signify this. All of a sudden the group had been transported to some sort of airship and been asked to sit in a circle and talk like some twisted sort of anonymous rehabilitation meeting. [color=#ff8c00]What is this, A.A? [/color]Le'Crux rhetorically inquired before continuing, [color=#ff8c00]I guess since I'm newest I shall begin the introductions. I'll keep it short. My name is Le'Crux, and I'm an entymancer, someone who manipulates nearby arthropods and insects and can also transform my body to resemble them and/or actually become them using magic. I volunteer as part of the diversion team. My size means stealth is a little more difficult for me. Plus, I love breaking my opponent's toys. Speaking of toys, this weapon here is Termite, and it's capable of dispelling magic seals and barriers depending on the strength of them. That's it for me.[/color]

Dune didn't mind going around and telling everyone about himself. It made him feel more important. [i]"Of course,"[/i] he thought to himself. [i]"I'm always important."[/i] He was about to say something when the newcomer butted in first. He scowled, though still waited for Le'Crux to finish.

[color=#ff0000]"What's the range of your control?"[/color] he asked, as the big guy finished. Such was important information. As big as Le'Crux is, he could still hide with distance as his insects attack. But, he supposed that it didn't matter too much in the present situation, Le'Crux was going to be a diversion, he didn't want stealth.

Dune, afterwards, began to introduce himself. [color=#ff0000]"I am Dune Solkaz," [/color]he began grandly. [color=#ff0000]"My magic involves electricity and magnetism, for any of our lesser minder buddies, I will explain that magnetism is a force that attracts metals and can repel other magnets, electricity is, I suppose, a more controlled lightning. 'Kay?" [/color]He looked around for any confusion.[color=#ff0000] "I can extend my magic out to create a [i]magnetic field[/i], as well as just an area which I can control any metal within. Thus, I was able to control my metal spheres and allow them to move."[/color] A few of his spheres floated around at high speeds.[color=#ff0000] "Magnets also can repel each other. These spheres happen to all be magnets, so with this I can shoot them out by using an extreme amount of repelling and send them beyond the range of easy control." [/color]He shot a magnet past Luna's head, smirking at her, before continuing. [color=#FF0000]"Magnetism and electricity are very related. The forces that govern them are almost the same. Electricity can be used to turn ordinary metals into magnets. I can also use electricity in its purest form, though, these spheres are a lot more efficient. Any questions?"[/color] But he didn't wait. [color=#FF0000]"Anyway, I don't have any great stealth abilities, but I can easily take most opponents out at range, before they see me coming. I'm fine with going with the diversion crew or with the group to take the security out." [/color]When he finished talking, he returned the magnets into the gourd-shaped container on the left side of his belt.

Park retrieved her knife, while Dune and Le'Crux were talking, also quickly leaving the room to grab her equipment as it seemed that they would be leaving on a mission. She also returned to the room as Talon finished introducing himself, and they were then teleported to what seemed like an airship to which Park raised an eyebrow. Simon explained the plan, and Park looked at the picture of the princess, and wondered,[color=#4b0082]this girl looks like she could defend herself, how odd oh well you can't win them all. [/color]Simon continued explaining the plan, which came across the points that Park had already deduced herself. [color="#4b0082"]It seems like a good plan, but how are we to make sure that they don't know that were from Foire, because if they figure out that from here, we may as well have just started a war. By the way I'm Park, I'm not telling you my last name that's dangerous, and my magic revolves around the manipulation of light into several forms of arrows, and explosive butterflies, and I volunteer for the stealth team, but I will go wherever needed. [/color]

Luna bit back a retort as it seemed someone else had joined in the insults as well. This didn't last long as once the introductions where over the entire group was teleported to the roof where a massive airship awaited them. Luna squinted at the sudden sunlight and was grateful as they quickly entered the ship, having left her hooded cloak back in her room. They soon sat down and were briefed on the plan, it seemed basic enough but still had a lot of room for error, though Luna was grateful for the splitting up part of it, the less people she had to put up with the better.

Her bad mood returned however when the suggestion came for them all to introduce themselves one by one like some kind of damn alcholohics meeting. She remained silent as the others began to introduce themselves, sitting in her own chair with her arms folded and her expression remaining dark and moody, barely flinching as one of Dune's metal spheres flew past and merely gave him a threatening look. Eventually though she decided to get it over with.

[b]"Eugh, my name's Luna, yes it's a nickname and no I'm not going to tell you my real name,"[/b] she began, not looking any of them in the eye [b]"I can use dark magic and that's all I'm going to tell you. I can probably take out the security station, my magic tends to cause a heck of a lot of damage so that's a no brainer."[/b]

She then fell silent again, waiting for the rest to finish so that they could finally get on with the mission already.

Kazuya listened to the short introduction given by Simon before ther group was teleported to the roof, seeing the ship there he slowly walked towards it before following the others inside the the room. As he entered the room he noticed chairs seeming to appear along with a table, sitting down in the closest one, noticing the male who had manipulated the metals balls in their previous fight with Michael next to him. Kazuya then watched carefully as he noticed holograms appearing while simon explained the plan, finding it to be easy enough to follow and knowing that the mission of destruction would not be one he would prove useful for.

As the introductions started he sat still watching the others in turn as they began their own, learning the newcomers ability as the manipulation of insects and the ability to transform into them, noticing the man talk of the weapon he had within him and learn it's ability. As Dune stood up Kazuya listened quietly having already guessed from what he had seen it had to do with electricity and the metal balls. He then sat quietly seeming to avoid looking towards the females as they spoke, as if not wanting to pay much attention to them, though listening nonetheless finding one's ability to manipulate light and the others a form of dark magic.

"Kazuya Himori" he then said quietly introducing himself by name, "my magic is Judgement, the creation of Laws and the distribution of punishment for those who disobey them, these being various in forms some uses being the trapping of those who break them inside magical energy or the torture of them with such causing physical pain, due to the less destructive nature of these I guess I should either be on the Distraction team or the team to retrieve the female" he then contued quietly his voice again sounding detached from emotion after he finished his name as if the rest was merely data to be stored rather than something personal seeming to view it as tactical information more than something of his.

Henry was paying extra attention to make sure he remembered and learned everyone's name along with their abilities. And what cool abilities did these people have, magnetism, light, darkness, judgment, and insect morphing. If he wasn't so simply amazed by the sheer awesomeness of the possible tag team combinations this group could pull off Henry would have been jealous when he compared everyone else's abilities to his own. [color=#b22222]Well yay I get to be last. So hi everyone! He said with a slightly over enthusiastic wave to the crowd. I'm Henry Whitley and magic is well pretty simple I can throw and control playing cards. My magic allows me to tap into a seemingly endless supply of cards to use at my disposal and the cards are very sharp so yeah its not that great but it makes me rather inventive with them I guess. As for which mission I can really be a part of any of them. So I'll go with whoever is by themselves don't want anyone getting lonely.[/color] Henry sat back down with a confident smile on his face like he just committed a good deed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Simon was pleased that everyone deign to introduce themselves in a slightly civil manner pity though that some were a tad more...unpleasant than others but these were all youngins it is okay that they are a tad rude. Besides he could remember when he was that age, surely he wasn't this moody but he wasn't one to talk about his magical prowess either. Simon nodded as he formulated the teams in his mind and he gave a slight smirk. [color=#000080]Okay well that was great I guess we are family and I should introduce myself in an act of fairness. My name is Simon Bane and like some of you I am shy about giving the details of my magic.[/color] Simon crossed his legs in his chair and took off his monocle and proceeded to clean it. [color=#000080]Though I will say this my brother Michael is by far the weakest member of the Bane family and I am echelons above him. He seems to forget this fact in his anger but make no mistake if it is was me instead of my brother that you all had to do combat with..[/color].his voice drops to a somewhat serious uncharacteristic tone[color=#000080]...I would have killed all of you. [/color]He pauses for a second and his tone returns to normal.[color=#000080] But that is not in my nature anymore, I rather love and bond with you all as family instead of actually having to actually spend the 3 and a half seconds it would take to kill you.[/color]

Simon put the monocle back on his face and resumed his smile. Just then the 3-D image showed the ships position and it was now in Roodpart airspace. [color=#000080]Oh great we're here I guess that was quicker than I thought well.[/color] In the middle of his sentence he snapped his fingers and all of the new recruits were seemingly teleported the bottom of the ship. To be more accurate when Simon snapped his fingers everyones vision went black for a millisecond and when it returned they could see the bottom of the ship as they were free-falling from the sky without warning. Simon resumed talking to them in their heads as they were falling through the cloud bank. [color=#000080]So let's go over the teams shall we?[/color] [color=#b22222]Wait!! We're falling![/color] Henry yelled with his voice reverberating through everyone's skulls. [color=#000080]Yes I understand that, I said I would airdrop you though you are right I could have given warning. Well now we know better for next time, but anyway as I was saying here are the teams. [/color]

[color=#000080]Distraction team is going to be Mr. Dune and Mr. Le'Crux though this shouldn't be a surprise one of you is a hulking mass of a man and the other well...your strength doesn't lie in subtlety. The Security Team will actually be both of the young ladies. To be perfectly honest I am saddened by your unwillingness to share with family but I do see what you two do have and that's intelligence. You were both cautious about accepting this mission and you noted how unstealthy your guildmates were. Having said that you two are gifted with the most important task of all. The security room that holds all the cameras and such can only be destroyed from the inside. None of you have the power to simply destroy a barrier like that from the outside...well quietly anyway. That leaves the rescue team to Kazuya and Henry. Well this was pretty simple Kazuya your magic is going to be very...useful once you make your way beneath the castle and Henry well you didn't want to leave anyone by themselves so that's how that happened. [/color]

By the time Simon had finished his little speech the kids were about two thirds of the way to the castle. [color=#000080]Also for this little plan to work you have to make sure that only the diversion team lands on the roof the rest of you can't touch it. This will set off the wide array of sensory magics that are put in place. You also might want to do something about being seen seeing as you all are clearly falling from the sky once you clearly land safely and don't die I will instruct each of you from there good luck.[/color]
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Henry was pretty happy with the pairings it seemed like these couples should get along fine as for making sticking the landing however that shouldn't be too hard either. Henry then proceeded to stick his arms out and two magical arrays formed and from them cards flew out and covered the sky. Henry's voice echoed in everyone' mind using the ability to communicate from his symbol. [color=#b22222]Well one random ability I have is that I can control the design on the back of the playing cards though it never really seemed that useful till now. [/color]The cards made platforms under everyone's feet and the back of the cards looked like the sky so if anyone looked up they would only see the sky. Henry let them down so they would appear to be hovering over the roof of the castle. [color=#b22222]Okay so I guess we should get started then right?[/color] He said with a mighty thumbs up to everyone.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]After Simon had concluded his announcement to the youngsters, the group had to split up and deal with the whole falling-from-airship-height-with-no-parachutes problem. Keeping his calm under the adrenaline-packed situation, Le'Crux grabbed Dune by the torso, leaving his arms and legs free. Once his hold was secure, the big man sprouted four massive, translucent dragonfly wings from his back. Once the pair began their flight pattern toward the highest spire on the roof, Le'Crux shouted to the gourd-wearer, [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#FF8C00][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Ready to blow some stuff up? [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]He then smiled then, differently from the smirk the group had seen so far. This time the grin expressed childish, unadulterated joviality. The islander was apparently either very fond of destruction or aching for success.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Dune couldn't help but smile back at the now-jolly giant, taking equal pleasure in the opportunity. He did not just want to swoop in and go, however, because they needed to attract a lot of attention to give the other teams the most time possible to complete their tasks. That the two could destroy mechanical suits and thwart other wizards on end was never in question, it was a team ordeal, after all. Turning to reply, Dune shouted back over the wind, [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#FF0000][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]How about we fly around a little first and do a little fly-by bombing? That way we get a little more attention, which means more toys for you to break, big guy. [/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Le'Crux simply nodded in return as he swooped an arc in the air to circle around the castle's fortifications prior to landing.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Dune undid his necklace and the five balls began flying around shooting right through buildings and towers in at their architectural weak points causing them to collapse and come smashing down (the spheres fly around like Ultear's ball did). Sometimes, he would allow them to collide, the massive impact causing explosions, the density of the spheres was great enough so that they didn't even dent. His smaller spheres were for close combat and sniping, not for this mass destruction work, but they were useful in taking out the sentries currently on the walls. Dune was careful to let one go to raise the alarm. Eventually, the pair made it to the big central tower.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]After they landed, Dune spoke again. [/background][/size][/font][/color][color=#ff0000]"So, I'll be looking that way, and I'll take out anyone who are dumb shows themselves, I hope you are competent enough to take out any soldier that appears the other way. Tell me if a real mage appears. I mean not some C Rank sh*t, but someone that would be easier to take out if we both attacked."[/color]

Dune sat down on the roof as the first soldiers came out of a doorway. [color=#ff0000]"Worthless trash."[/color] A small sphere flew out in an arc, taking out the footmen in one go. There seemed to be a really low ranked commander, but he was too busy trying to organize his archers to be paying much attention when Dune sniped him. [color=#ff0000]"Someone worth fighting better show up soon, before I get bored and the whole thing comes tumbling down."[/color]

(OoC: I'm not powerplaying with Le'Crux, this was pre-agreed upon in PMs)

While the gourd-wearer was busy making swiss cheese out of the upper structures of the castle, Le'Crux had adapted his mouth to resemble Vespa mandarina japonica, in order that he might spray some acid cocktail down and rot the weaker stones of the structures--maybe even some stray guards, who knows? As it were, they did fly over to the central tower to achieve the advantage of higher ground, turning back only to see their wake of destruction.

[color=#FF8C00]Good thing we weren't on the stealth teams. [/color]This simple observation rang with an air of truth and was followed by a pause before the big man burst into an uncharacteristic fit of laughter. He quickly regained his composure and replied to Dune's slightly condescending but not unnerving remark. [color=#ff8c00]I just hope they let me and my critters break the tanks that the boss mentioned. If I need help, you'll know it. Same goes for you, by the way. [/color]The islander punctuated his last statement with the appearance of a spell ring followed by the phrase "[color=#ff8c00]Enlarge[/color]". Once the spell ring disappeared, a few rumblings occurred, getting gradually louder in volume until two 100-times-larger-than-life millipedes emerged from the castle floor below them, each measuring at least 15 feet in length. All the pair and the Entymancer's "critters" could do was wait for the enemy to arrive.

As the first few soldiers showed up, Le'Crux issued a very basic command to his critters, "[color=#ff8c00]Go[/color]". They went. The first wave of low-ranking henchman were swallowed and torn to bits by the mega-pedes. The big man was waiting for a real challenge from the security ranks because this was surely not the best the opponent had. He impatiently agreed with his partner, [color=#ff8c00]You said it.[/color]

Simon only chuckled as he watched the distraction team do much more than simply distract. [color=#000080]Oh, well I should have expected this[/color]. He then laughed as he commanded the random crew of the ship to begin jamming the communications from the castle. Luckily he acted in time enough so that these actions didn't immediately start a war. Though it was somewhat fun to watch youth in rebellion like that. The plan was for the boys to only divert the attention of the tanks that were in the front of the castle and hopefully avoid large scale explosions, but since that didn't happen and all the neighboring encampments of enemy soldiers can clearly see castle towers exploding then this is going to become quite problematic for the diversion team. Simon simply sipped on some tea as he heard fighter craft prepare take off from neighboring areas. [color=#000080]Oh I love these children. Though I guess its too early for me to move out. Well lets see how they handle everything first.[/color]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Needless to say the distraction team got everyone's attention it was such that all of the men and mages started to mobilize. Within in seconds tanks had come within a safe perimeter to actually and proceeded to launch concussive rounds at the two targets. As they dealt with that, the sound of assault helicopters filled the air and were buzzing their way and surrounded the two young boys.

Meanwhile inside the castle there were three lovely shadows seemingly chilling around till the castle shook from all the impact and they heard all the noise. It was then that these silky silhouettes vanished from the inner reaches of the room. These shadows zigged and zagged down hallways with only one thought in mind. Who is stupid enough to attract this much attention at such a crucial time like this.

Park was not as startled as the other recruits from falling, though a warning would have been nice she was not overly concerned, and almost cracked a smile... almost. She had done this several times before, so by now she had developed a procedure for doing this, though being dropped from this height, and the fact that she couldn't touch the roof of the castle were serious hindrances, but as the saying goes you can't always get what you want. As they descended Park by stretching her arms out Park slowed her descent just enough to move gain control of her body, moved to position herself underneath Luna and yelled [color=#4b0082]Grab hold of me! [/color]Whether she grabbed on or not Park couldn't tell Luna toke hold of her because what Park did next had to take all of her concentration to make sure it didn't explode in her face. Park moved her hands together into a diamond formation and slowly began spreading them out forming the light shield that would protect them when they hit the ground. Hit the ground they did, from the impact Park's shield shatters, and sends her flying back.

Once the introductions where finally over the group seemed have arrived at their destination, a rather short journey all things considered by Luna thought nothing of it, if Talon Bane was powerful enough to strike down an S ranked mage by "sneezing" then it wasn't much of a stretch to imagine he had a ship fast enough to cross vast distance in a matter of minutes. No sooner had they arrived, however, than Simon snapped his fingers and they all found themsleves falling to their destination. Luna's natural reaction was to curse loudly, though it was swallowed up by the wind howling past everybodies ears.

To his credit, Simon was at least kind enough to explain the plan through telepathy. Her and Park's part was relitively simple, get inside the tower and destroy the security center, and to not get caught obviously. On que she grabbed onto Park, wrapping her arms around her middle as she slowed their ascent to the ground. Luna hopped off just before Park's shield sent her flying and landed lightly on the ground, looking up at the tower above them and hearing the distance sounds of fighting as the diversion team began their work.

Reaching out Luna apparently grabbed a shadow from the wall and pulled out a black hooded cloak before wrapping it around her, practically concealing herself in the dark shadows of the tower wall.

[b]"Right, let's get this over with,"[/b] she said.

She took a step back and raised both hands, her eyes turning black once more and dark sparks dancing around her fingers. On cue black rock began to form out of the wall in front of her, growing like a tree and curving slowly upwards, giving them a makeshift ladder to climb to the top.

[b]"You coming?"[/b] She called back to Park as she started to climb up [b]"I can't keep this thing here forever you know."[/b]

Dune saw some magical blasts coming out of the corner of his eye. [color=#FF0000]"Wizards!"[/color] he cried ecstatically. [color=#FF0000]"Finally! Time for some [i]real[/i] action!"[/color] He intercepted the blasts with his spheres, making them explode prematurely. As the smoke cleared, Dune realized they weren't wizards. [color=#FF0000]"Tanks, huh?"[/color] he frowned. They were outside of his general attack range. [color=#FF0000]"Damn things, I better take'em out at close range." [/color]He leaped off the tower. He went 10 meters before giving himself a boost by lifting himself with magnets below his feet.

While he was in mid-air, a sudden stream of magical bullets came at him. Dune's spheres whirled around him to protect him and deflected the shots. [color=#FF0000]"Helicopters, too..." [/color]There was a small fleet of them coming at him. [color=#FF0000]"Goddamnit. I'll take'em out first." [/color]Dune sent a few magnets out, to destroy the weak point where the rotors connected with the helicopters. There was some sort of shield and a single sphere wouldn't cut it.

[color=#ff0000]"Smart bastards,"[/color] Dune muttered. With a big boost from his magnets, he flew at the helicopters. The bullets bounced off his shield. He landed atop the first one and ducked below the powerful spinning rotors. He formed a small spinning mace of spheres and smashed through the helicopter's wards and severed the rotors. The helicopter dropped. Dune used one of his big spheres to smash the rotors of another one.

[color=#FF0000]"At least I get reprieve from the tanks."[/color] No sooner after he said it, A tank blast came at him. He was almost too late to block, the explosion still hit him. [color=#FF0000]"F*** you!" [/color]Dune leaped onto another helicopter and broke the rotor as another tank blast was fired. Dune jumped out of the way and the helicopter behind manoeuvred to dodge as well.

[color=#FF0000]"So they're not afraid they'll hit each other." [/color]He sent the spheres to spin faster than before. They formed a complete ball around him. High amounts of electricity crackled between them. [color=#FF0000]"RAAAWGH!" [/color]The spheres around him uniformly but very quickly widened their orbits. The ball around Dune got exponentially bigger and smashed anything it touched. The remaining ten helicopters in the fleet were destroyed. There were more fleets coming, but Dune decided that it was time the tanks got their due. He flew at a group of tanks, dodging the blasts as they came.

He landed on a tank and with the momentum of his fall behind him, he smashed it to in half, straight down the middle, with a spinning mace of spheres. The halves flew and landed on two other tanks, temporarily immobilizing them, but not damaging them at all. A tank was about to fire at him. He sent one of the bigger spheres and exploded the tank shot while still in the barrel. Dune was disappointed that the shots weren't magical gunpowder shells, that would have detonated, but simply a powerful lacrima. Still, the tank won't be able to fire again.

Dune raised his arms, all of his spheres began spinning above him, and glowing with electricity (kinda like Goku and the Spirit Bomb). He brought it down on a tank. It was crushed under the humongous force. The ball of spheres separated into two. Dune spun it around and brought it down on another tank. He was about to crush another one when he realized a bigger tank was pointing its cannon at him. [color=#ff0000]"SH*T!!!!"[/color]

[size=4]It fired.[/size]

The blast was massive, and literally blew the worthless tank husks away. Dune used all his spheres to block and they spun, trying to redirect the force. Dune was pushed back. Eventually, his magic gave way and he was hit. Fortunately, he had managed to block the majority of it. But he was still burnt quite a bit. [color=#ff0000]"What the hell is that!"[/color] Dune snarled.

He leaped at it. But a few smaller tanks fired and he had to move out of the way to dodge. He landed in front of one of the tanks. In his adrenaline rush, he grabbed the main turret and lifted the entire tank up before smashing it down on its fellows. Dune huffed. He was tired and rather hurt. He swallowed his pride (well some of it) and called out.[b] [color=#ff0000]"COME AND HELP ME, FATTY!"[/color][/b]

Park grunted a response to Luna and lifted herself onto her feet, and moved towards Luna's make shift ladder, and raised an eyebrow at the girl's magic, [color=#4b0082]Impressive, very impressive. [/color]Park also noticed that the distraction team was doing quite well for itself, though Dune seemed to be having a little trouble with the tanks, and as much as Park would have loved to help, actually no she wouldn't have, it was her and Luna's job to stay concealed, and out of the fray. Once Park reached the top of Luna's ladder, she used the telepathic power of the tattoo to contact Simon, [i][color="#4b0082"]We need to know where to go next preferably someplace very out of the way of the enemy, and then a way to take out this generator without causing to much of a commotion. [/color][/i]

Where there previously was nothing, there was now a space seemingly filled to the brim with all sorts of enemy assault units. [color=#ff8c00]Now we're talkin'! [/color]Le'Crux was excited. Then, helicopters descended on him and his smile slowly performed a 180 degree rotation. As he rode on the back of the bigger one of his critters, he conjured spinnerets on his left hand and launched strong webbing in order to entangle the rotors. However, the webbing merely collected itself into a pile on top of a spherical boundary around the aircraft before falling on top of and crushing an unfortunately located guard. [color=#ff8c00]Barrier wards, hunh? Old-fashioned way it is then. [/color]Immediately the big islander ordered his critters to keep the tanks busy while he took his trusty Termite and leapt at the nearest copter, bringing his hammer down with fury on the aircraft, dispelling the shield and smashing the vehicle in one fell swoop.

Unfortunately for the big man, he was now hurtling down toward the castle roof. Fortunately, he just so happened to remember how to fly as voluptuous, translucent wings sprouted once again from his back. Those same wings carried him onward through the duration of his smashing spree as he and Termite unforgivingly demolished magical barriers and metal cockpits nearly ten more times. Just as he finished his bull-in-a-china-shop-esque rampage, the big man turned to see one of his beloved critters fall from a stray tank shot. Shortly after, the other fell as well, at which point both of them returned to normal size before passing.

A dark expression came over the islander's normally inexpressive, smirking face as he uttered in a guttural tone,[color=#FF8C00] You should NOT have done that. [/color]For the next four minutes, Le'Crux did not make a single noise as he exacted his cruel revenge upon the tank forces. He didn't merely smash the tanks like he had the helicopters, that was too nice and far too easy an end for them. No, instead, the Entymancer used magic to adapt scorpion pincers on his hands and would clamp the barrels of the tanks shut before hopping off to the next target. Then, when the tanks would fire on their foe, the shell would explode at the pinched point, blowing up the tank and everything and everyone inside of the blast's radius.

Eventually, he was snapped out of his state of vengefulness by two sounds. The first was the creaking of large gears, and the second was the yell of his mission-companion. Upon turning toward the two noises, he saw an enormous tank with a physics-defying cannon firing at Dune. [color=#ff8c00]Holy hell! Oh, right. Be there in a jiffy, bub. [/color]Taking a moment to step back and think, he reached out with his magic to get in touch with nearby arthropods that could help balance the playing field. Then, there it was, exactly what the big man needed. The largest non-magical insect in the known world, the Consumer Weta, was currently being enlarged and coaxed into battle by Le'Crux and his magic. This bug's name comes from its reputation as having a jaw strength making it capable of eating anything and acidic saliva that helps it digest its meals. The big man flew over to his guildmate's aide and smashed a few tanks in his path before the giga-tank fired once more. Le'Crux quickly adapted the carapace of the Ironclad Beetle to help protect him from damage and alerted his companion.

In the aftermath of the last explosion, the castle rooftop lay in ruins, literally. Tank and helicopter carcasses dotted the stony landscape and the two wizards who were primarily responsible were just trying to rise to their feet as the barrel of the giga-tank once again pointed at them and began to charge its Ethernano Firing Core. [color=#ff8c00]Well, crap. [/color]The last shot had broken even Ironclad adaptation. Just as the big man was about to run for cover, a vociferous thud echoed out from the hull of the tank. An absolutely massive white and orange-colored cricket-esque insect loomed over the tank, saliva dripping from its mouth and melting the barrel. The ant-like mandibles of Le'Crux's critter ripped the top half of the tank off before chopping into bit-size (for it, anyway) pieces and swallowing them. The men inside shrieked and ran as the enlarged Consumer Weta devoured even the Lacrima Core. Curiously though, the presence of such a high concentration of Ethernano shrunk the critter down to its normal size, counteracting Le'Crux's spell.

The big man laughed as this threat had ended, at least for now. In response to his partner's confused expression, the big man explained, [color=#ff8c00]He said that was tasty and can I make him big again. I said yes. He told me he wants one of our marks, then, if he was gonna join. Think about that: a bug with a guild tattoo?[/color] The islander burst into laughter again as the pair waited for whatever happened next.

Simon was clearly impressed with the fact that the distraction team was able to take out a fraction of the castle's defenses relatively easily. the big one had a magic barrier breaking weapon so it was somewhat interesting to see him deal with the helicopters. Though unfortunately those were the castle's immediate defenses not the actual force that was coming to deal with them. The sky seemed to be filled with a whistling noise as anyone who looked up would notice that there was a seemingly endless supply of crows that decided to come and attack the guild but these weren't crows they were more helicopters and they were clearly picking their formation. Simon wanted to intervene seeing as it would be an easy matter for him, but if he did the kids wouldn't learn anything about doing what is told. [color=#000080]Oh this must be what if feels like to be a parent, well I am a parent though but that is besides the point.[/color] Simon then closed his eyes in thought as he was trying to figure out why the kids were able to survive the first assault so relatively unscathed.[color=#000080] Hmm those helicopters should have been able to do more damage than that. Oh right I know what those are.[/color] It was time to talk to the boys.

Simon's voice echoed inside Le'Crux and Dune's head. [color=#000080]Congratulations boy's! I'm so proud of you and your commitment unfortunately I have bad news. The entire army is converging on your location I guess with your assault and my jamming the communications they assume such massive destruction must have been caused from some army by Fiore and not two young mages. Go figure right. So you most likely will have to hold out until the other teams are done with their missions. Second the helicopters you destroyed good job with that by the way are...well lets just say its a trap. Yeah I can't explain it better than that.[/color] As Simon's voice registers in the young one's heads three magical arrays form out of seemingly thin air and the chunks of metal from all of their destruction combine in this array. [color=#000080]What was form was simply some kind of [/color][url="http://browse.deviantart.com/?q=helicopter+mech#/d5akfc6"][color=#000080]mechanized warrior[/color][/url][color=#000080] and while that wasn't the most impressive feat of this monstrosity Simon continued to speak to the boys as the giant behemoth locked on to the boys. Yeah soo its seems that Roodpart was pretty much a trap for the armies of Fiore, well I guess it's fortunate that we sprang this trap first instead some incapable guild that couldn't handle the work. Anywho that beast is protected with a sixteen layered Amateratsu barrier so you won't be able to just simply smack away at it and its made to assimilate all of the surrounding metal, unfortunately that would include all the tanks and us destroyed and the ones coming. So good luck with that and know this I believe in you.[/color] The giant mech beast took flight and simply and proceeded to unleash a barrage of gatling gun bullets on the young boys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Simon heard the young girls and their plea for further instruction. The problem was that thank to the diversions team overzealousness the castle towers that held bridges and easy transport to the security station no longer existed. Luckily one of the tanks did misfire and create small hole for the girls to jump through. [color=#000080]Hello ladies, it seems like the distraction team has sealed of nay eliminated the optimum route for you all to take. Sad I know but fear not once you make it inside that little hole in front of you all you have to do is make run up the revolving staircase that leads directly to the security center. Of course now that everyone thinks this is the first act of war you may be able to still sneak up on the before they can properly signal help.[/color]

Dune caught his breath and stopped huffing. He brushed himself off before saying. [color=#ff0000]"Alright, let's finish off the rest of them. This army, what a joke. It can't even take on two guys."[/color] Suddenly, Simon's voice popped into their heads, telling them about the forces real strength. As Simon spoke, the wreckage, as well as the unwrecked machinery, flew up and began smashing together. Dune realized they were forming some sort of giant monster. [color=#ff0000]"What the hell?!"[/color] he cried. He put his magnetic power at full throttle, trying to tug the metal back to prevent the monster from forming. It didn't work, the tanks slowed down, but they were still moving. Dune let go. The beast formed, it was a quarter the size of the castle itself. It had wings, though Dune wasn't sure how such a heavy thing could fly. But fly it did and as it reached a considerable height, it shot a huge barrage. Dune dove out of the way.

[color=#ff0000]"Trying to just shoot us down from a safe distance? Not happening,"[/color] said Dune. He jumped and a magnet flew under each of his feet. He shot forwards towards the mech, but had to go in a wide zigzag to avoid the storms of bullets. He flew right up to the beast and gathered some spheres and smashed down on it. An arcane circle appeared below the spheres and they bounced off it. He didn't get time to marvel as the machine swung its massive arm. Dune dove away. He gathered all of his spheres. [color=#ff0000]"Max... REPEL!"[/color] What looked like a meteorite smashed into the mech. It knocked the mech back, but it didn't seem to do any real damage to it. Dune separated the meteor into two, one for each of his arms, and he began raining blows on the mech. It backed away from him. Dune realized for a start that it had a big gun coming out of its chest. It was from the mega tank earlier. Dune barely dove out of the way as a massive pure white beam of energy, big enough to even swallow the mech, was fired.

[color=#ff0000]"Hey, fatty, you keep fighting. Stall him for a bit! I'm gonna go prepare something."[/color] Dune let himself fall down, though stopped his fall right before he would have it the ground. Dune crouched down and put his hands to the earth. Dual red magic circles appeared, one at each of his hands. The ground rumbled and bits of something came out. [color=#ff0000]"Iron is the fourth most common element found in the earth, "[/color] he muttered. Then, he smiled and raised his hands while standing up. Three pillars of iron literally burst out of the ground, they took the form of dragon heads. [b][color=#ff0000]"FATTY! COME DRAW HIM DOWN, SOMEHOW! IT'LL BE EASIER, FOR BOTH OF US, TO FIGHT HIM ON THE GROUND!!!"[/color][/b]

(OoC: the pillars are hollow, but still very powerful nevertheless)

As soon as the wreckage began to assimilate itself, Le'Crux sent his critter far from where they were. [color=#ff8c00]I knew that was too easy.. D*mn. [/color]As Dune, rushed upward to attempt to take down the now airborne Mechalith (play on words-Mechanical and Megalith, you like?), the big man flew even further up on his translucent wings. When the magnet-wielder yelled to him to bring the giant back down to earth, Le'Crux's infamous smirk returned as he thought, [color=#ff8c00][i]Why did you think I was flying higher up than it? What goes up must come down after all[/i]. [/color]And with that, the gourd-wearer descended and the islander made Termite as light as he could before throwing it as hard as possible, even utilizing adapted ant legs for added strength. Le'Crux knew that the hammer-axe's power alone was not enough to break the shield ward of the Mechalith, but with a little help he might be able to force it to bend, as it were. The islander manipulated the magic of the weapon, causing it to increase at an exponential rate, gaining both velocity due to gravity and momentum due to mass increase.

This throwing tactic would not be enough to really put much of a dent in the shield. Le'Crux knew that because of the analytical abilities of the Arcane Mantis eye he used as his suspender emblem. No, the big man didn't want to break the shield; he just wanted to knock the giant down two hundred feet or so with the sheer force Termite's impact could generate. Even so, Le'Crux calculated his next move in both the scenarios of success and failure as the mystical weapon hurtled toward the Amaterasu barrier...

(OoC: Is this a little better, Beginning?)

[OOC: sorry for lack of posting havent had internet >< back now]

Kazuya was slightly surprised as after Henry told of his power the group seemed to be in midair, falling quickly as he looked around about to use one of his laws to provide temporary assistance to himself before noticing Henry's giant cards, landing on the one that formed below him as they were lowered before jumping off. Aiming himself towards a window arches to enter through it, drawing his dagger to take care of any immediately in front of him who would notice his entry before he heard what seemed to be explosions, looking back out the window as he noticed Dune and Le'Crux making a large amount of destruction outside.

Kazuya watched for a few seconds before turning and walking forwards, hoping no guards had decided to stay inside before he heard more destruction from further inside the structure, hoping they would keep it held together enough that he could at least get the kidnapped female before they brought the place down. Kazuya then looked back for Henry to see if he had followed him, not wanting to simply leave the boy with no clue where to go, along with his ability providing use in these areas to hide them or help take out any guards remaining inside.

The giant Mechalith (I love) was busy combating the boys but what the boys didn't know is that thing is being remote controlled. As for LeCrux's hammer play it wasn't as successful as he had hoped a 16 layer Amateratsu barrier is a relatively innovative and new technique. When the antibarrier weapon came close the the beast 16 magical arrays surrounded the creature and the Termite made a dent in one of those arrays. then the termite seeming fell back to the ground. Before LeCrux could fully react to the ineffectiveness of his efforts, the Mechalith had gained thrusters and shot its way over to the giant man mage with remarkably incredible speed. Simon who was busy watching the first from the ship was even surprised by that speed surely none of the tanks had that kind of speed and only the helicopters were used as a conduit for the weapon they shouldn't have been so special. Nevertheless he could only watch as the Mechalith swatted Le Crux down with its sword arm straight into Dune. It then proceeded to shoot down the two mages causing a massive upheaval of smoke and debris luckily for the two mages whoever is controlling this monstrosity is doing so in an area in which he or she cannot see so the beast flies down to check the bodies of his victims. In a seemingly somewhat related coincidence the Mechalith is now standing in the center of this iron pillar formation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately Henry and Kazuya are the furthest behind when its come to who is getting their mission done. After their rendezvous they were both running down the castle hallways trying to find this captured girl. They should both have remembered that Simon and his 3-D image said that the girl was somewhere in the depths of the castle so all they had to do was get lower and lower in the castle. They both bobbed and weaved down passageways trying to find staircases that lead downward. Simon decided it was best to give these boys an informational. [color=#000080]Okay boys I have some good news and some bad news. Bad news is, thanks to the...zealous work of the diversion team the entire army is on their way. Hopefully the diversion team can hold out while you all finish this job. Second all the easy pathways that you could have taken to get to the deepest part of the castle have pretty muched caved in. Henry starts to pout slightly as this bad news keeps pouring in. On the plus side though a lot of the booby traps that were set up on you most convenient routes have been disabled mainly because they too were destroyed. [/color]

[color=#000080]So here is what will happen you Henry you're going to have to bodyguard Kazuya till I say so. Based on the complex magics the enemy is using it seems that this mission is just getting harder and harder. Luckily that rule making magic will be perfect for things to come[/color]. [color=#b22222]Cool I can keep us safe[/color] Henry thought with a smile on his face as the rescue team darted around the castle. [color=#b22222]But wait how do you know all this stuff? Isn't this a sensitive war situation?[/color] [color=#000080]Oh that's simple we used to live here and all of the mages you are most likely fighting mages we know.[/color] [color=#B22222]What?[/color][color=#000080] Don't worry about it just make sure Kazuya gets to the girl.[/color] [color=#b22222]Okay...I'm on it! [/color]While they were running Henry went in front of Kazuya and gave him a thumbs up.

For the next ten minutes it would be be described as card assassinations as Henry and Kazuya were getting play by play directions on where to go Henry was gracefully throwing cards around and knocking people out from behind. Mages were being incapacitated and machines were being seamlessly cut in half with the utmost combination of stealth, grace, and theatricality. Eventually the two found their way to some form of poorly lit crypt and Henry still acting as bodyguard insisted he go first. He was slightly out of breath but he still had a job to do and with that he stepped forward. As soon as his foot touched the floor he felt a sharp wound in his side. Almost like someone had pinched it. He looked down to see an arrow was stuck in his side. As he let out the beginning breath to wince in pain he Henry moved card he hand in his hand to his upper right shoulder and he flew back like he blocked a blade. Then he finally grunted and he could hear whistling noises and he Instinctively put up a wall of cards. Just then loud bangings and clanks could be heard bouncing off this wall as Henry got down on one knee to pull the arrow out. Then after about ten seconds of constant noise. This poorly lit hallway was quiet again.

Kazuya followed Henry through the halls watching as he took down guards and Machines quietly, the mission seeming to be going rather easy despite the 'easy paths' having been destroyed by the damage to the castle. As they moved into a poorly lit hall Kazuya heard a noise like something being struck watching Henry forced backwards and noticing the arrow in his side which he pulled out. As Kazuya noticed the hall go silent again he looked at the room quietly. Kazuya then cut a perfect circle out of the middle of his suit, putting it against Henry's wound.

"Hold that there it should help.. do you think you can survive here alone.. I've got an idea to get across and I'll see if I can get rid of the trap from over there.. just make sure you touch my writing whenever I'm caught in energy and say Release.. As soon as i get rid of the trap I'll help you If i can, or If I'm over and you think you can move and this works you'll be able to use my Judgement magic to make your way across.." he said quietly as he quickly moved his finger through the air, golden letters forming into a law as he wrote. [i]No-one can allow an object within 2 cm of their body if it would cause them harm for it to move as such[/i] the law read, he then began to walk forwards past Henry. If the trap was sprung again which Kazuya though quite possible the arrow moving towards him would cause judgement magic to affect him the black orb of energy would then seem to expand from his skin, stopping the arrow in spot and trapping Kazuya as whatever else had afterwards knocked Henry back would also strike the barrier, Kazuya turning sideways in an attempt to minimize chance of being hit if the second item broke the barrier.

[OOC: the law works purely on the thing Kazuya isn't trying to stop the arrows approach himself without the law and therefore is Allowing it to move towards him thus any action to block as would most likely be instinct would cause such magic not to activate, so no it isn't weapon immunity and barrier breaking stuff could probably break the magical container if strong enough anyway and Kazuya is at the mercy of whoever touches his law first.. thought i Should leave an explanation for if it seemed a bit OP]

Luna paused partway up the makeshift ladder as Park took the opportunity to contact Simon for directions. She could see the chaos created by the distraction team quite clearly from where she was and they seemed to be doing their job a little too well, looking up Luna spotted a large formation of helicoptors coming closer, no doubt assuming that the communications jam was the start of a full on invasion. If either of the two died though Luna likely wasn't going to shed a tear over it.

Following Simon's directions she hopped through the hole in the wall made by a stray missile and waited for Park to follow her through, dissolving the rock once they were both inside and leaving no trace of it behind. Finding herself in the spiral staircase Luna quickly made her way upwards. There wasn't a lot of room for cover here and it was far too cramped to engage in a fight if they encountered anyone, nevertheless she braced herself anyway. No doubt the security room itself would be guarded as well.

She soon heard muffled voices ahead and they came upon a thick wooden door. Luna pressed herself up against it, listening to the voices on the other side. She turned back to park.

[b]"Okay, I'm going to blow this door down, soon as I do fire whatever the hell you have through here at the guys inside,"[/b] she instructed, without her stave she was in no position for accurate shooting and was best suited for mindless destruction [b]"You might want to stand back by the way."[/b]

Chanelling her powers through her hands she unleashed them at the door, blasting them aside like rice paper and quickly ducking out of the way to give Park a better line of sight.

Henry was a little confused by the plan mainly because he had just be shot at so his head wasn't exactly in the right spot. He kept trying to process Kazuya's plan in his head. Surely yes this backhanded use of his magic would stop one arrow from approaching him but Henry's card wall seemed to stop multiple things. He waited as he slowly moved his wall with Kazuya and then made a partisan so the young mage could go through. Interesting though with the aid of the card wall Kazuya made it one third of the way there unfortunately that the second he took his first step past Henry's card wall whistling noises could be heard again and this time Kazuya's body was being covered head to toe in multiple black orbs as there were plenty of arrows making their way within two centimeters of his person. Of course like he planned he was able to instinctively block some arrows and his magic acted as some defending, but these arrows were coming as if they being launched from a machine gun. Henry did as he was told or at least what he thought he was supposed to do and touched the judgement wall while shouting [color=#b22222]Release![/color] As he thought Kazuya was free from his own magic and did make it two feet. The arrows stopped coming though.

The hall was quiet again for one eerily long second as they continued to come again and this time they shot past Kazuya and we're going straight for Henry. As his eyes widened he put up a wall of cards and that was able to cut the arrows and keep him safe. Unfortunately as Kazuya undoubtedly watched the optimistic card slinger defend himself he would only watch in horror as Henry was slashed across the chest by some invisible force. It looked as if Henry was going to fall lifelessly to the ground then the body that was seemingly Henry's dissolved into playing cards. Seconds later the floor Kazuya was standing on lifted floated into tiny squares revealing that they too were playing cards. These cards swirled around Kazuya and right from behind him seemingly popping out of nowhere was Henry. He smiled slightly as he encased the both of them in a tower of playing cards.

While inside this tower Henry put his finger over his mouth and proceeded to talk to him through his symbol[i]. [color=#b22222]I love my cards they're so versatile. Anywho somethings not right here I thought if you went ahead as a distraction I could sneak past you and disable whatever that was,[/color][/i][color=#b22222] [/color]he pouts at the thought of using his teammate who he was supposed to protect as a distraction,[color=#b22222] [i]but I could barely move with my head against the wall. Though I did notice one funny thing...do you hear anything? Henry paused to let Kazuya think of his answer. No seriously think about it. An army is attacking this place because of our friends and I can't hear any of it or feel any ground shaking at all since we got down here. Isn't that a bit odd?[/i][/color]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Luna launches her black lightning at the door with all of its staticy goodness a Magical array pops up and completely absorbs the blast. This array which started out white then turned black and then turned white again. Coincidentally a second after it turned white black lightning rained down upon the girls. Whether they dodged or not is up to them. Just then the girls could hear slight chuckle in their heads. [color=#000080]Oh would you look at that, they've added extra defenses for war time preparations. Well at least they're taking this somewhat seriously.[/color] After Simon's words rang throughout the two ladies heads the array vanished and it was replaced with ROODPART!! written in giant letters and arrows pointing to that word. Simon for some odd reason saw this display and started to laugh hysterically and as his laughter rang inside the girls head he quickly caught his breath. [color=#000080]Oh man...this is...funny. Okay ladies it looks like you have a riddle in front of you I would suggest you solve it too. I can tell the boys are in a bit of a pickle right now they may need you to hurry up and do something about all of this security[/color] he adds a chuckle to his statement. The sound of helicopters can be heard drawing near and there is an oddly placed window with a small terrace that the girls can see the militia flying in the distance.

Kazuya stopped as his judgement magic affected him, trapping him inside the orb like structure it produced around him as the arrows struck, none making it through the barrier. As Kazuya landed he stayed still for a few seconds waiting for more before noticing them shooting past him turning to see Henry stop them with his cards, seeming somewhat relieved before noticing the invisible force slash Henry, Kazuya's expression faltering from it's usual neutral look to one somewhat similar to horror as Henry fell before the body fell as a pile of cards.

As the cards rose up around Kazuya and revealed Henry he seemed relieved, looking at him as he signaled for Kazuya to remain Quiet before talking through the symbol. As Henry asked about whether Kazuya could hear anything he noticed the eery silence that the room seemed to hold despite the destruction he though would be going on above. [i][color=#000000]Absolute silence from the outside, we're isolated... I would guess that would mean this whole room, perhaps more rooms that we passed safely are traps sprung as we got to a certain point. Whether magical or more mechanical in nature with some way to soundproof us to the outside is something I don't know though the arrows seem to be a mechanical trap. do you think the thing that got the fake you was a person, or merely another form of trap.. if they are people I could stop them, if otherwise we should just have to wait for the girls, they were sent to take out security weren't they, that should get rid of the traps in place if they remove the control station and deactivate the traps.[/color][/i] Kazuya then said through his symbol communicating with Henry about their situation wondering whether the slashes were coming from people themselves disguised somehow or whether they were from some sort of magical trap.

Henry scratching his head through his fedora was pondering in thought of course being connected by the symbol of Chimera Soul that thought is now audible. [color=#b22222][i]Hmm I'm pretty sure its something of flesh and blood out there trying to cut me and it not a trap per say. [/i][/color]He scratches his head comically and proceeded to think of a plausible solution to this problem though he couldn't hide his smile as this was some good family bonding. [i][color=#b22222]Well let's see it we never passed any point that I couldn't handle and I don't think its much further. I have pretty wide control range for my cards and I think we're a third of the way to the end of this hall. Its a bonus for having no magical talent other than throwing them and cutting things. Back to point the soundproofing has to have a purpose. I mean its a war zone outside and it's dark down here who builds a hallway in which you can't see or hear anything? That's not functional. [/color][/i]Then Henry had an interesting thought. [color=#b22222][i]Remember what Simon told us? About how Dune and the big man blew up all of the easy ways to get to where they are keeping the hostage. What if those same ways were how the enemy gets around in this creepy place and this is the only route left. If they thought this was some cool attack by an army they would most likely guard this one route if it was the last one standing right? So that means this is just a retaliation for the diversion teams efforts. Well at least this gives us a good story to tell.[/i][/color] He chuckles.

Archived