Revitalizing Junk Destroyer! Xyz card, Junk Fighter!

Sora1499

Junk Destroyer, as a card, is not bad. It kills cards on the field and promotes junk decks. However, junk decks in their current form have trickled down to tier 3, or maybe not even! Why? Their build is unstable! So I made this card to hopefully bring back junk decks, particularly those that rely on junk destroyer, as well as synchro-based decks in general.

[URL=http://yugico.com/user/31887-sora1299/card/30847-Etc_/120952-Junk_Fighter][IMG]http://yugico.com/customcard/120952.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Please rate, review, comment, and give constructive criticism.

Rantmode (on): You are insane sir. Now I only need 2 Quilbolts and Formula Synchron to make Quasar. What are you thinking?!

Randmode (off): Alright, let's look at the card. It's a solid Rank 2 that can be Summoned using 2 Level 2s (Quillbolt and Shineballs come to mind), and is also treated as a Level 5 monster. Basically, it's a Level 5 Xyz monster that takes only 2 Level 2 monsters to Summon, and then on top of that it's treated as 2 Synchro Monsters when used for a Synchro Summon. You nabbed a free level and a free Synchro Monster from 2 measily Level 2 monsters...which is VERY troublesome given Shooting Quasar Dragon exists. It turns a

(Level 5 Synchro = -1 | -1 x 2 = [-2] | Formula is a +0 | +0 + [-2] + [-2 because of using the -2] = -4]

You've turned a -4 Accel Synchro in to a:

(2 Level 2s from the Grave = +1 | +1 + [Formula is a +0] + [-1 for using the +1 monster] = +0]

A +0 monster O-o...yeah I think I'm calling broke on the design because it just facilitates the card to an extreme extent.

I find it a bit disappointing that you cannot xyz summon this using Junk monsters as the lowest level junk monsters are level 3. Other than that, its stats and effects are pretty nice. A new, interesting way to synchro summon.

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1350057059' post='6042953']
Rantmode (on): You are insane sir. Now I only need 2 Quilbolts and Formula Synchron to make Quasar. What are you thinking?!

Randmode (off): Alright, let's look at the card. It's a solid Rank 2 that can be Summoned using 2 Level 2s (Quillbolt and Shineballs come to mind), and is also treated as a Level 5 monster. Basically, it's a Level 5 Xyz monster that takes only 2 Level 2 monsters to Summon, and then on top of that it's treated as 2 Synchro Monsters when used for a Synchro Summon. You nabbed a free level and a free Synchro Monster from 2 measily Level 2 monsters...which is VERY troublesome given Shooting Quasar Dragon exists. It turns a

(Level 5 Synchro = -1 | -1 x 2 = [-2] | Formula is a +0 | +0 + [-2] + [-2 because of using the -2] = -4]

You've turned a -4 Accel Synchro in to a:

(2 Level 2s from the Grave = +1 | +1 + [Formula is a +0] + [-1 for using the +1 monster] = +0]

A +0 monster O-o...yeah I think I'm calling broke on the design because it just facilitates the card to an extreme extent.
[/quote]

Except, this doesn't count as a synchro monster (it would be a non-tuner xyz monster (a synchro material monster isn't the same as a synchro monster)), so you can't use this to sync into Shooting Quasar Dragon.

Secondly, even if it were the case you would need four Quillbolt Hedgehogs as the ones you use to create this doesn't go into the graveyard before you sync again.

My bad for reading the "Synchro Material" incorrectly. If that's the case, this card basically has a few targets from the wording:

Mist Wurm being the current best of them...actually I need sora to tell me exactly what he intended to do because the wording on the card makes it a bit confusing now.

If it is treated as 2 Synchro Materials, does that mean it counts as a Total Level 10? Or does it just stay at 5?

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1350057059' post='6042953']
[/quote]

I'm not THAT stupid!

[quote name='Chance Furlong' timestamp='1350061541' post='6043002']
Mist Wurm being the current best of them...actually I need sora to tell me exactly what he intended to do because the wording on the card makes it a bit confusing now.

If it is treated as 2 Synchro Materials, does that mean it counts as a Total Level 10? Or does it just stay at 5?
[/quote]

I was worried this might happen... To clarify, I put in the card that it WAS treated as 2 synch materials, not IS if it's about to be synched up. This implies that while on the field it IS treated as 1 level 5 monster, i.e. you can synch junk destroyer a lot more easily and use the uppermost extent of its effect. Mist Wurm cannot be synched from using this and a level 4 tuner because it requires synchro materials from the field. If you have any OCG recommendations, please post them. Pretty please.

I'm here to fix your OCG:
2 Level 2 monsters
While this card is face-up on the field: It is also treated as a Level 5 monster. If this card was used as a Synchro Material Monster; it is treated as if it was 2 Synchro Material Monsters.

The wording on the effect might be a bit confusing, but it's fine and understandable, so no need to change it. As for the actual fix, you've missed a few capital letters here and there, not a big deal.

[quote name='exaenae' timestamp='1350747161' post='6048875']
I'm here to fix your OCG:
2 Level 2 monsters
While this card is face-up on the field: It is also treated as a Level 5 monster. If this card was used as a Synchro Material Monster; it is treated as if it was 2 Synchro Material Monsters.

The wording on the effect might be a bit confusing, but it's fine and understandable, so no need to change it. As for the actual fix, you've missed a few capital letters here and there, not a big deal.
[/quote]

That's all fine and dandy, but how is the card itself? Can you give a review?

I don't really know how to feel about the card, I mean, it's use is pretty limited, it does let you get more off of Destroyer's effect, but that's pretty much it. It does have decent ATK, so that's fine, but I don't know how it would fit in Junks, given that it's a Rank 2. It would be better off as a Rank 3 in my opinion.

Archived