[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/NM0RO.jpg[/IMG]

[spoiler=Lore]The card can only be activated as part of a Chain. Discard 1 Spell Card from your hand to the Graveyard; Select a Spell or Trap card (except Continuous Spell or Trap cards) that is a part of the same Chain as this card, The selected card is treated as a Continuous Spell or Trap card until it is removed from the field by an effect. The selected card's effect can be activated once per turn by its controller by paying 500 Life Points.[/spoiler]

Solemn Wishes breaks this into little pieces, I'm aware.

This one just came to me in a dream after watching WAAAAY too much Original Season 1 and GX. In the dream, Jaden played this card as a chain to his own Polymerization as the plot-device-card of the episode. Of course, being Jaden, he used Poly 10 times with this. WITHOUT LP recovery.

Solemn Wishes doesn't break anything requiring LP payment to pieces; they break themselves by ignoring card presence. (Ultimate Offering, Royal Oppression, Magical Scientist)

The easiest way to break THIS card is Solemn Judgment, but since it's Limited your best bet might be Penalty Game! since your opponent can have any number of cards in hand when you repeat the effect. The card you've stuck to the field is still vulnerable to MST, and you took a -2 to paste it there, so even if this goes infinite with Upstart Goblin the impact is marginal.

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1350784415' post='6049386']
Solemn Wishes doesn't break anything requiring LP payment to pieces; they break themselves by ignoring card presence. (Ultimate Offering, Royal Oppression, Magical Scientist)

The easiest way to break THIS card is Solemn Judgment, but since it's Limited your best bet might be Penalty Game! since your opponent can have any number of cards in hand when you repeat the effect. The card you've stuck to the field is still vulnerable to MST, and you took a -2 to paste it there, so even if this goes infinite with Upstart Goblin the impact is marginal.
[/quote]...While I can do OCG very well... slang still stumps me. Can you repeat that in English please?

Life Point regeneration is not usually relevant to the balance of a card. It does not matter if a card costs Life Points to use if it can instantly win you the game or shut down a significant portion of the game, and not cost you any cards from your hand or field.

Copying Solemn Judgment with this card would result in a quick brutal death for your opponent; you will be near-invincible since you can prevent virtually any play each turn, although Mystical Space Typhoon could destroy the Continuous Solemn Judgment in response to its effect, causing the effect to fizzle and costing you Life Points for nothing.

A good card to copy would be Penalty Game!. Once you've made Penalty Game! Continuous, you can stop your opponent from using Spells and Traps every turn at the cost of 500 Life Points. However, the opponent can, again, respond to the effect with MST and cause it to fizzle.

In order to make the card Continuous, you lose 1 card from your field (Continuation) and 1 card from your hand (the Spell Card) to make a card Continuous, which by itself does not immediately yield you extra cards. If you were to copy a single-use draw card like Upstart Goblin or Jar of Greed, you would be able to quickly make up for the card loss (and more), but the risk of MST makes it too risky a proposition to be an unfair card.

Thank you for translating.

Believe it or not, the Solemn Wishes thing making the Life Point count free was thought overpowered because I forgot that my only time actually playtesting the thing (Yes I playtest these IRL) was another custom card of mine: A Quick-Play Spell that makes every card sent to the user's Graveyard on the turn it was activated return to the hand at the End Phase. Continuationed that card with Infiinite Cards out, Solemn Wishes effectively giving me re-use of EVERY card... and that combination was not part of either's design.

Now that I can read your post and comprehend it, I can see you understand this card's true sinister nature. Some card's just kill the game if made re-useable.

Any R/F you'd like to add?

• 1 month later...

Archived