[Striker] Weekend Contest #2

Nathanael D. Striker

Guest Archbaron Thor the Just

125450.jpg

2 Level 4 monsters

When this card is Xyz Summoned: Place the top card of your deck on the field; It is treated as an Effect Monster (Plant-type/EARTH/Level 4/ATK 0/DEF 1800). If this card is removed from the field: Destroy that card. If that card is removed from the field: Destroy this card. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Activate 1 of the following effects:

•Negate the Special Summon of a monster, then Special Summon 1 Treasure Token with the same stats as the monster.

•Target 1 monster on the field; It gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the detached monster.

Wait, was it the other Weekend Contest I entered the other monster with this gimmick? Wow, a trend.

We missed Return of the Duelist did we Striker? :D

Aw, and Wind is by far the most neglected type. No-one care about Wind. Oh well...

Labyrinth Assassin

EARTH

Warrior/Effect

While you control a face-up 'Labyrinth Wall', all attacks your opponent declares must target Labyrinth Wall. When this card attacks a monster, destroy it (before Damage Calculation).

ATK 1000 / DEF 500

What Bull Blader might have been. :D

Guest Stone Cold Loki

Aw, and Wind is by far the most neglected type. No-one care about Wind. Oh well...

I used WIND all the time when I played Yu-Gi-Oh, and I use wind and fire in roleplays quite often.

Not sure if that means anything, but yeah, wind is pretty nifty.

Guest Archbaron Striker

[spoiler=johnabib25]

Viability: 3.3/5

Balance: 3/4

Creativity: 0.3/1

Total: 6.6/10

Effects for the attributes follow the stereotypical pattern. The easiest way I know of Summoning this is with Photons, but I bet they would use their boss instead of this. The other effects make this UP'd since they take a lot of dedication to use. I'm sorry, but this misses the mark.

[spoiler=Stone Cold Loki]

Viability: 4.4/5

Creativity: 0.6/1

Total: 8/10

Xyz has no Levels! Aside from that, the card looks fine. It's a double edged sword though. The longer this stays on tje field destroying monsters, the more monsters come back when this leaves. A bit scary in that regard. I'm slso a bit worried about the ATK it can gain, but I bet it'll be Summoned with low Level monsters. That'll limit the ATK. Good card, but I do have worries.

[spoiler=AixDivadis]

Viability: 0.5/5

Creativity: 0.5/1

Total: 4/10

Level 12 is a no. The only Level 12 synchro worth summoning is Quasar, and that is rarely used at all along with other synchros. That's all I have to say about this, really.

[spoiler=D.A.__Sigfried]

Viability: 4.7/5

Creativity: 0.8/1

Total: 8.5/10

Toolbox card is nice. Sets up interesting plays with the discarded cards, which is very interesting. This card is still generic enough to cause trouble though. Oh well, that happens with cards like this.

[spoiler=newhat]

Viability: 2.5/5

Creativity: 0/1

Total: 5.5/10

It's dull. It isn't going to make an impact if it is used. I don't think the payout is worth it to summon this.

[spoiler=Hellion083]

Viability: 3/5

Balance: 1/4

Why Rock when it's a Warrior? Besides that, it can bring out 4 Spell/Trap cards. Too much!

[spoiler=AznKvn]

Viability: 3.5/5

Balance: 2.5/4

Total: 6.5/10

TBH, this card is meh. At the end of the day, this card is a restricted +1 in a land where Xyz rules. Restricted as in your opponent lets you pull this out to screw them. I doubt that'll happen.

[spoiler=Agro]

Viability: 4.8/5

Balance: 3.7/4

Creativity: 0.6/1

Total: 9.1/10

Beautiful hand trap! Anti-OTK helps too. That and it can save you from losing the duel while low on Life Points. Excellent card, fulfilling the purpose of a hand trap without going over.

[spoiler=exaenae]

Balance: 1/4

Bad version of its DARK counterpart. EARTH does not need this, sadly. A -2 is not worth it for 200 ATK.

[spoiler=Archbaron Thor the Just]

Viability: 4.1/5

Balance: 3.3/4

Creativity: 1/1

Total: 8.4/10

Good concept, quite creative. Kinda risky though considering the two monsters are interconnected, requiring the detachment of 1 Material to keep these two alive. I like it.

[spoiler=Majestic Star Bahamut]

Balance: 3.5/4

Total: 7/10

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

Looks like I got 2nd in this contest specifically. Guess I'll have to continue on and join the next ones to get my score high enough to get in the top three.

Guest Stone Cold Loki

SO CLOSE TO THIRD!

At least I did better than last time. ^^

But for Xyz's: You say they have no levels...what do the level stars on the cards represent?

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

SO CLOSE TO THIRD!

At least I did better than last time. ^^

But for Xyz's: You say they have no levels...what do the level stars on the cards represent?

Those aren't Level Stars. Those are Rank Stars. So having 3 would make it a Rank 3.

Guest Stone Cold Loki

Those aren't Level Stars. Those are Rank Stars. So having 3 would make it a Rank 3.

the-more-you-know.gif

But how is it that, for all this time that Xyzs have existed here, I just learned that now?

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

the-more-you-know.gif

But how is it that, for all this time that Xyzs have existed here, I just learned that now?

Umm...........I guess you never really looked into it......

Guest Archbaron Striker

What do you mean by my opponent letting me pull this off?

You need your opponent to either forget that this card exists or be desperate enough to allow this to be Summoned.

exaenae, I don't think so. The main use I know for Rock is Rock Stun.

Sorry about not doing my usual closing, phone's keyboard was getting overloaded when I tried inputing Bahamut's scores.

Well, things became interesting. Agro takes 1st overall with a 3 point lead over 2nd overall Bahamut. D.A. snags 3rd overall leaving a tie for 4th overall between Thor and Aixdivadis. It's still anybody's game as round 2 closes. This is Striker and I hope to see you next time.

Guest Stone Cold Loki

Umm...........I guess you never really looked into it......

Yeah, cause i had no interest in them, and now that I understand how they work, I'm making them quite often.

Funny how that works...

Haha, that didn't go well. I thought a card that ignores most monsters would be broken. Wasn't immune to Spells or Traps or being punched by Hyperion, I guess.

Archived