Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, Duelists of all ages. I bring to you a card expanding upon an Archetype not seen for some time. The LV series of Monsters!

While opening 20 legendary Collection 3: Yugi's World boxes, The LV monsters Horus the Black Flame Dragon, Armed Dragon, Silent Magician, and Silent Swordsman gave birth to an idea from a card that my dueling circle tends to hate when the opponent brings out: Dark Paladin. The Silents and him on the field at the same time inspired me to design a Fusion of the Silents: Silent Paladin, and then I gave it the title "LVX" ("Level X") for no real reason other than to sound cool.

LVX Monsters are Fusions of the LV Archetype that make some kind of sense, such as Silent Magician + Silent Swordsman = Silent Paladin LVX or Armed Dragon + Horus the Black Flame Dragon = Armed Horus LVX.

Anyway, enough stalling, it's time for Children's Card Games!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/XxVNH.png[/img][img]http://i.imgur.com/PTbP5.jpg[/img]

[spoiler='Silent Paladin LVX']
[img]http://i.imgur.com/7WxY4.jpg[/img]

[spoiler='Lore']Silent Magician LV8 + Silent Swordsman LV7 The "Silent Magician LV8" Fusion Material used for the Fusion Summon of this card must be on the Field. Discard 1 card to negate the activation and effect of a Spell Card and destroy it. When you draw a card, place one Spell Counter on this card. You may remove any number of Spell Counters from this card to Special Summon a Spellcaster-type monster from your Hand or Deck with ATK is less than or equal to 100x the number of Spell Counters removed. It cannot attack or be used as a Synchro Material or XYZ Material.
[/spoiler]

I constructed the image centerpiece for Silent Paladin myself in 5 layers out of:[list]
[*]Background: A Google Result for "Silence": [url="http://www.odyssice.com/myspace/ODY_Silence_WebBackground.jpg"]http://www.odyssice....bBackground.jpg[/url]
[*][Recolored by me] Silent Paladin and Magic Aura: A Dark Paladin from the anime: [url="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k202/YugiohETCrenders/Yugioh%20Renders/DarkPaladinTV.png"]http://i89.photobuck...rkPaladinTV.png[/url]
[*][3 layers] Overlapping transparent Julia Fractals created by a Paint.NET tool, one Orange one Blue, and one Green
[/list]
I would have preferred a totally original appearance, but absolutely do NOT have the skills or connections to art one in a manner other than what was described above.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler:'Armed Horus LVX']Note: This card is not yet complete, as I have yet to find any decent art for the concept. If you'd like to offer to draw one for me, I'll pay 50 points. Just make it look like Horus LV8 with Armed Dragon LV10's bladed armor/scale things.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/sR92K.jpg[/img]
[spoiler:'Lore']
Horus the Black Flame Dragon LV8 + Armed Dragon LV7
Must be Fusion Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. "Armed Dragon LV10" can substitute for "Armed Dragon LV7" as a Fusion Material for the Fusion Summon of this card. Negate all opponent's Spell cards and destroy them. Once per turn, you may discard 1 card from your hand to destroy 1 card your opponent controls. If this card was Fusion Summoned using "Armed Dragon LV10", when this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, destroy all cards your opponent controls.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Ummmm.... I like the idea.... seen it before but like the idea. Idk how much sense it makes to make a number on a new card that has no number. Ex. Silent Swordsman has 3 different numbers that progress, same for Horus, Armed and Magician. When you fuse them since its a totally new card the number resets. So having Lv X which apparently is higher then Lv 10 Armed means you have a [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Armed Horus LV 3,4,5,7, or 10 or [/background][/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Silent Paladin LV 3,4,5,7, or 10. Plus [/background][/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Armed Horus is so OP and should be toned down.[/background][/b][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='BlackRose0202' timestamp='1351099583' post='6052813']Ummmm.... I like the idea.... seen it before but like the idea. IDK how much sense it makes to make a number on a new card that has no number. Ex. Silent Swordsman has 3 different numbers that progress, same for Horus, Armed and Magician.[/quote]

Uh, yeah, Magician only has two LVs: LV4 and LV8. and they are all separate Monster Cards. Note the Fusion Materials are specifically the Top Level cards from each series. I think you judge too much from the anime, bro, the LV Monsters aren't one card, they're several.

[quote]When you fuse them since its a totally new card the number resets. So having Lv X which apparently is higher then Lv 10 Armed means you have a [color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Armed Horus LV 3,4,5,7, or 10 or [/background][/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Silent Paladin LV 3,4,5,7, or 10.[/quote][/background][/b][/size][/font][/color]

What the [EFF] are you smoking? That made no sense,

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][quote] Plus [/background][/b][/size][/font][/color][color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][b][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Armed Horus is so OP and should be toned down.[/background][/b][/size][/font][/color][/quote]

AH being OP I can see... I'll look into removing something.

[quote name='Chaos Knux' timestamp='1351105589' post='6052894']
Uh, yeah, Magician only has two LVs: LV4 and LV8. and they are all separate Monster Cards. Note the Fusion Materials are specifically the Top Level cards from each series. I think you judge too much from the anime, bro, the LV Monsters aren't one card, they're several.

[/quote] I never watched the anime and they are separate cards but the name in them are the same that's why they are level monsters, its an upgrade. Its like Windows - 99, XP, 7, ect... now if they fused with Mac (Version doesn't matter) they aren't gonna call it Windows 8 because its now a new program so they will call it Kablahblahblah and then Kablahblahblah 2.0 in stead.

• 2 months later...

Ignoring the guy who is reading way too much into the Fusion Materials belonging to the Level Series...
It's an interesting concept. Been done before, but still interesting.
The two top-tier monsters from different Level series fuse into one guy, not part of either series.
Hmmm... perhaps put another condition on Armed Horus nuking the opponent's field? Like discarding a number of cards from your hand? Or having below 3000 Life Points for it to work? With having Armed Dragon 10 as Fusion being the only condition, it seems way OP'd.

[quote name='Deuce Gorgon' timestamp='1356603745' post='6103331']
Ignoring the guy who is reading way too much into the Fusion Materials belonging to the Level Series...
It's an interesting concept. Been done before, but still interesting.
The two top-tier monsters from different Level series fuse into one guy, not part of either series.
Hmmm... perhaps put another condition on Armed Horus nuking the opponent's field? Like discarding a number of cards from your hand? Or having below 3000 Life Points for it to work? With having Armed Dragon 10 as Fusion being the only condition, it seems way OP'd.
[/quote]Hmmm... Note to self, if making a card at 4 AM, be sure to check it over in the awake times before posting, thanks for the Armed Horus note. 3000 LP maximum to use the nuke sounds fair to me. I'll get right to adding that on.

Archived