Yu-gi-oh! Zexal: Counting to Infinity [IC Thread]

Admiral_Stalfos19

Jane's hand twitched, as she contemplated activating her set card. [i]No...better keep that for later.[/i] The cartoon version of the famed dragon slammed into her, sending her flying backwards and into a tree, or at least it would see to be the case from the front. In fact, she'd managed to stop just in front of it, and as she slid down to the ground she put her feet down, forcing herself off the tree and back towards the battle.

[i]Well, he doesn't mess around. That could have been nasty, and I've taken a lot of damage already. Still, he's put himself in a precarious position to pull that off, so I may be able to take advantage of the situation.[/i]

"My turn...I draw." [i]I really needed to not draw that, but I guess I'll have to work with it.[/i] "I activate [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Night_Beam"]Night Beam[/url], which allows me to destroy your face-down card without you being able to do anything about it." A beam of light shot out from her duel disk, blasting her opponent's set card apart almost instantly.

(If no response)

"With that done, I activate [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Emergency_Teleport"]Emergency Teleport[/url], letting me call out [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hushed_Psychic_Cleric"]Hushed Psychic Cleric[/url] from my deck." There was a shimmer of light, and a figure dressed in white seemed to appear out of nowhere, holding a staff in front of him (DEF 2100). "To join him, I Flip Summon [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Serene_Psychic_Witch"]Serene Psychic Witch[/url], and Normal Summon [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Esper_Girl"]Esper Girl[/url]." The face-down card flipped up to reveal a pink-haired woman in a matching outfit (ATK 1400), and a portal opened to reveal a small girl, also armed with a staff (ATK 500). "Now I tune my level 3 Hushed Psychic Cleric with my level 2 Esper Girl to call out a stronger monster." The two staff-wielding monsters dissapeared into stars, which exploded into a beam of white light, out of which emerged a female warrior holding a large blade. "I Synchro Summon Magical Android!" (ATK 2400).

"Battle. Serene Psychic Witch will attack Toon Masked Sorcerer." The rose-haired psychic leaped forward, swinging a pair of blades at the comical wizard.

(If no response,)

"Now, Magical Android will attack that blue-eyes." Her other monster leaped at the dragon, in what would appear to be a hopeless attack. "I activate my face-down card, Forbidden Lance, reducing the power of your monster by 800." A lance appeared in the hand of the Magical Android, who hurled it ahead of her at the cartoon dragon.

(Stopping to allow for responses - Jane's turn is still ongoing)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jane's Serene Psychic Witch went forward and successfully cut through the Toon Masked Sorcerer without too much effort. However as the monster was destroyed, instead of Spectral taking damage, his Life Points began to rise (LP: 500 -> 1000). [color=darkblue]"Toon Realm's final effect allows me to gain Life Points whenever my Toon monster battles!"[/color] Spectral explained. [color=darkblue]"Convenient, eh? Also, it seems like you're winning. Congratz. All it takes is one more monster."[/color]

Despite the fact that defeat was blaring at him in the face, he didn't seem to mind. He didn't fear, he didn't worry, he was just cool, and he didn't seem to be hiding anything. His Blue-Eyes was cut down, and as it was, he gained slightly more Life Points (Spectral LP: 1000 -> 1200), as if that could make a difference.

[color=darkblue]"Today's my bad luck day, huh?"[/color] Spectral joked, grinning. [color=darkblue]"Nobody before you got to pull out both Night Beam and Forbidden Lance on the same turn~ usually they use Mystical Space Typhoon too, haha! Continue."[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Given...?"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick asked during the pause, before Zack went on to explain how what he saw happen Neo. Maverick could [i]tell[/i] Zack's honesty through his voice, but at the same time, he couldn't believe what he was hearing. He [i]knew[/i] Neo; Neo wasn't the type of person that would just... roll over and [i]die[/i] like that. Sighing, Maverick turned to James, who was still lying on the bed momentarily unconscious. No doubt [i]James[/i] [/color][color=#000000]would be less willing to hear what came out of Zack than Maverick would.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"First we nearly get roasted alive, and then something actually [i]manages[/i] to kill Neo,"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick muttered to James, before anger started to build inside him, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"DAMN IT!!"[/color]

[color=#000000]He slammed his fist onto the mattress, unaware that he somehow managed to hit the drone that was hiding underneath in the process.[/color]

[color=#000000]...[/color]

[color=#800080]"I'll think about it,"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea stated, before turning her body away, but still looking at Foster over her shoulder, [/color][color=#800080]"I've got my [i]own[/i] answers to find, though. Something [i]brought[/i] me here; to [i]this[/i] timeline, and whoever or [i]whatever[/i] it is brought me here for a reason. That [i]reason [/i]still alludes me..."[/color]

[color=#000000]With that, Aivea turned back to the direction that her body was facing, overlooking New Domino City. She didn't know what was going on in there, and she didn't know why she had been dragged all the way to the future... [i]her[/i] future. She just wanted to go back where she was.[/color]

Bailas and Shadi were simply acting as innocent bystanders and spectators in this energetic discussion of bygone friends. They both hung their head in a moment of silence to honor the fallen neo though they never knew him. They are two people who know the value of life and will of course do everything to honor it. Though it was entertaining to find out about these "Number Hunters" was that the name of the people who used those giant machines to kill off people with Xyz cards? What a quite disturbing thought to think about. As for the the litany of events that happen to be going on around them it was truly a definite training for their senses. Both Shadi and Bailas could hear the random drone that followed them into the hospital ward and they definitely saw it duck under the sheets. It wasn't that hard seeing as their whole purpose of being their was to observe this Maverick character and listen to him. Of course the would notice the sheets mysteriously moving in a concealed room with no strong currents of wind. Bailas and Shadi would have said something but they were interrupted by the faint roar of a dragon outside the hospital. Clearly the duel between the Astrals and the humans was getting a tad heated. Both of them only turned their heads to the window for a quick second.

"Well I guess it would be rude for me not to introduce myself. I am Bailas Gale and I come from a far, far, far away land where news of the Xyz related murders has finally reached. According to Zack Holmes I am also classified as a Number Holder. I currently retain the number 56 Goldrat." he showed his card like Zack did with his number and continued. "I decided that it was time for me to take a proactive role in this killing spree and I flew here. It was fate that I saw the news coverage of your defeat and since the news did not say you died I assumed you would be in the hospital. Fortunately i was right. This is my friend Shadi and he has been an invaluable ally even before I landed." Bailas motioned his hand over to Shadi was was almost blushing at his new friends introduction. "Hello." Shadi simply said and Bailas resumed his speech. "My goal is simple and that is to help in this string of violence and malice. Therefore I would like to offer my assistance, you seem to know what is going on and I don't have a problem with working with those younger than me."

Bailas wanted to comment on the young Maverick's anger and how it clouds one's judgement and mind but like he said before youth don't take well to trauma. Clearly being burned alive and now hearing that his friend died. It clearly wasn't the time to be spouting logical arguments to the lad.

[i]If it wasn't for that spell I'd have had him. Still, those toons are out of the way, which means I won't have to deal with that blue-eyes bypassing my defenses again. [/i]"I'll place one more card face-down, and I'll end my turn there. During my End Phase, Magical Android gives me 600 life points for each of my Psychic monsters, and since I have 2, I gain 1200. You're not the only one who can recover live points." Magical android launched what seemed to be a flare, which slowly decended over Jane as many points of light (LP: 1000<2200). [i]Of course, there's still the problem of more toons, but if he can't get the right ones then I'll be fine for this turn - then I'll need a way to get rid of Toon Realm.[/i]

"Your move, Spectre."

LP: 2200
Hand: 1
Monsters: Magical Android (ATK 2400), Serene Psychic Witch (ATK 1400)
Spell/Traps: 1 Face-down
Graveyard: 5

Both of James' Tigers charged Sephora, but she merely smirked even though she was about to take 2200 points of damage... or was she. The first Tiger destroyed her Humumculus, but before the second Tiger attack,[color=#800080] I activate the effect of my Battle Fader, now your attack is halted, and I can summon a battle Fader to my side of the field.[/color] Now James' Photon Dragon was summoned, and it was Sephora's turn to go on the offensive. [color=#800080]Draw! Now I activate my Trap Card Elemental Absorber, by removing from play one monster in my hand all monsters on your side of the field with the same attribute cannot attack. So I think I'll remove my Element Dragon, how fitting that my Dragon will be stopping your Dragon.[/color] After this was done a large floating disk appeared in front of Sephora making sure no LIGHT attribute monsters could attack her. Though Sephora was not stupid she knew James' could very easily destroy her absorber, that's why she had a back-up plan. [color=#800080]Now I set two cards face-down, and summon Element Soldier.[/color] [color=#800080]Turn End.[/color]

[spoiler='Cardex']http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Fader
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Absorber
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Element_Dragon
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Element_Soldier[/spoiler]

James frowned when he saw that, the arrival of a card that could completely block off his light monster's attacks. [i]That might be somewhat annoying then, if that thing remains on the field. I'll have to find a way to get rid of it. [/i][color=#0000CD]"My turn, Draw. The only problem with a card like that though, is that I don't use a deck entirely full of light monsters. Normal summon, Tour Guide of the Underworld. His effect then allows me to special summon this one, Tour Bus of the Underworld as well, though that monster can't be used for a synchro summon. I'll overlay Tour Guide and Tour Bus, to Xyz summon this one, Wind-Up Zenmaines in attack position. Zenmaines isn't a Light monster, so he's exempt from the effect of that Elemental Absorber of yours. Zenmaines attacks Element Soldier."[/color] If successful, on James' field a pair of fiends appeared, only to then disappear to summon a mechanical toy robot to his field with a couple of overlay units floating around it. Then, that same robot charged straight towards the golden warrior. If they successfully clash, the robot then uses one of his mechanical claws to grab one of the units floating around him, and turn it into a shield to protect himself. [color=#0000CD]"Normally when two monsters of the same attack battle, both would be destroyed, but Zenmaines has a useful skill. When he would be destroyed, by either battle or card effects, I can detatch an overlay unit to prevent him from being destroyed. Therefore, I'll use that effect, consuming one of his overlay units to prevent him from being destroyed. Also, since the monster I'm detatching is my Tour Bus, it has it's own effect. When Tour Bus is sent to the grave from anywhere, including being detatched as a material, one monster from either graveyard is returned to the deck, so I'll return one of the Photon Sabre Tigers from my grave. Furthermore, during the end phase of the turn I use that effect, I can destroy one card on the field, so that Element Absorber of yours will be going. Turn End"[/color]

Lifepoints: 3400
Hand: 4 cards
Field: Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon (3000 ATK), Wind-Up Zenmaines (1500 ATK, One Overlay Unit), Call of the Haunted (already used), One Set Card

The poor little drone felt its spherical noggin get smacked, and in its disorientation, started swerving about, attempting to correct its bearings. Sadly, the panicked movements of the drone could be heard if it was quiet enough in the room and someone wasn't paying attention to Maverick.

Foster noticed that his robotic companion could be in a spot of trouble, but he proceeded to continue talking to Aivea, trying to form an alliance with the girl. [color=#808000]"It could be the same asset I am attempting to find. Whatever it is that brought you to this time, I can help you locate it. Also, according to my records, you are also displaced from your original time. Neighborhood Watch would most likely be willing to provide a way for you to get back to your home universe if you help me complete my mission."[/color]

Nina was quite satisfied with her catch. She dashed away from the crowd, leaping up and running on people's heads and shoulders, ignoring the "HEY!"s and "WHAT THE HELL!"s of people she stepped on. After taking a long detour through dark alleys and rooftops to throw off pursuit, she arrived at her little apartment. Nina removed her Duel Gazer before entering the proximity, in case anyone recognized her for a Duelist, which was unlikely, as she did a quick background check on many of the people here. These were the lower class of Domino and didn't have money and/or time for the somewhat pricey sport of Dueling.

Nina closed the door behind her before releasing her grim expression. Even around here, she kept the pretence of a scary person you didn't want to mess with and avoided contact with the other unsavory residents of the apartments. After half an hour of messing around with her 10 cats, 3 dogs and 5 parrots, which the landlord very grudgingly allowed her to keep, she decided that she would give the hospital a visit to go see her aunt. There wasn't much to see, June Winterreise was in a coma, but Nina went anyway, just to talk to her and spend time in her company.

As she approached the hospital, she frowned and narrowed her eyes. [i]There were Number Holders nearby.[/i] She scanned the windows. [i]"Many of them. What are they doing here?" [/i]she wondered.[i] "Now's not the time. But I should go have a look at them. I'll take them on one by one after they separate."[/i] She walked down the corridors, going out of her way to catch a glimpse of her prey. There were four people. Nina couldn't be sure they were all Number Holders but she used a small hidden camera to snap a photo of each of them so if some get away, she could find them again by searching them up.

Nina proceeded to her aunt's room and sat down. She didn't have much to talk about, so she softly spoke of the things she did today, the amusing things that her pets did and etc. Now was the time for waiting. She licked her lips nervously, these Duelists didn't seem your run of the mill weaklings. Why were they meeting together?

[color=darkblue]"Go, it's my turn, and IIIIIII draw!"[/color] With that, Spectral drew his card in an unusually epic manner, spinning in the air like some sort of acrobat without support as he added it to his hand. [color=darkblue]"Now then, with the effect of Solemn Wishes, I gain more life points!"[/color] He continued, and his Life Points began to rise, but only by a bit (LP: 1200 -> 1700). Then, all of a sudden, he pointed at Jane, and declared, [color=darkblue]"YOU WON'T EVER BE ABLE TO BEAT ME UNLESS YOU USE AN XYZ!"[/color]

After that sudden declaration, he went forward with his turn.

[color=darkblue]"Now then, thanks to Toon Realm, I can defy the levels and the chances, and bring out a second Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon!"[/color] He went on, and then another toon version of that same legendary monster popped out of nowhere (ATK 3000). Apparently, he owned three copies of the cartoonified dragon. [color=darkblue]"It's not fun, but I can't attack in this turn since I didn't use Toon Realm's effect~"[/color]

He grinned at the human woman, as if he was Gilgamesh and she was Saber.

[color=darkblue]"Turn end."[/color]

LP: 1700
Field: BETD (ATK 3000)
S/T: Toon Realm, Solemn Wishes

Sephora laughed hysterically as the human played right into her hands, [color=#800080]Do you realize what you've done, of course you don't because then you wouldn't have done it! My turn, Draw! [/color][color=#800080]Now I call forth one lies within the worlds of Light and Darkness, by removing the Humunculus the Alchemic Being and Element Soldier from my Graveyard, I summon Chaos Sorcerer.[/color] A large rip was heard as the sorcerer opened a portal of Light and Darkness and stepped in front of his master. <response> [color=#800080]By using its effect I can now remove from play, at the cost of my sorcerer no being able to attack this turn, but that doesn't matter now because I remove your Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon.[/color]<response>[color=#800080] [/color]At that Sephora smirked down at James assuming he allowed all of this to happen, just waiting until she could destroy this Number Holder.

LP: 3800
Hand: 0
Field: Chaos Sorcerer(ATK: 2300)
S/T: 1 set

[spoiler='Cardex'][url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Sorcerer"]http://yugioh.wikia..../Chaos_Sorcerer[/url]
[/spoiler]

James frowned further when his Galaxy-Eyes was banished. [color=#0000CD]"Damn, I don't run many defensive traps in the deck, so this sort of situation is harder to block. Regardless, there is a large difference in hand size, and although that doesn't win a duel on it's own, it sure does help. Draw."[/color] James stopped frowning, and started to smile as he contemplated his hand. [color=#0000CD]"I'll start off with this, since there is a face-up Xyz monster on the field, I can special summon this one to the field in defence, Photon Slayer." [/color]<response>[color=#0000CD] [/color]A glowing, winged warrior appeared out of a portal next to the mechanical toy.[color=#0000CD] "Then, I'll release both him and Zenmains to advance summon this one, Photon Wyvern, whos effect then wipes the field clean of all of your set cards. This only means one dies in this case, but that's still one card I no longer have to deal with."[/color] <response> Both the warrior and his mechanical companion disappeared, turning into spheres that combined and created a large portal. On the field, a bird made out of energy emerged from the portal, and sent waves of energy towards the backrow of his opponent in the process. [color=#0000CD]"Finally, my Wyvern will attack your Chaos Sorcerer, to deal only 200 damage, but to leave both your field and hand empty. Turn End"[/color]

LP: 3400 ATK
Hand: 3
Field: Photon Wyvern (2500 ATK)
S/T: Call of the Haunted, 1 Set Card.

[i]If I summon an Xyz, I'll be playing into his hands. Regardless of what he says, my deck has plenty of cards that can defeat him without relying on the Xyzs.[/i]

"It's my move, and I draw." Jane pulled her next card from her deck, and looked at it. [i]Not useful itself, but it might help me get it..."[/i]

"I activate the Spell [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pot_of_Duality"]Pot of Duality[/url]," she called, placing her card into the duel disk. A pot, half the infamous Pot of Greed and the other the Pot of Benevolence, emerged behind her monsters. "I now reveal the top three cards of my deck, and add 1 of them to my hand. First card...[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mental_Seeker"]Mental Seeker[/url]. Second..[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pandaborg"]Pandaborg[/url]. Third....[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Psychokinesis"]Psychokinesis[/url]." [i]Got it![/i] "I add the last card to my hand, and return both monsters. I activate the Psychokinesis spell I just added. For the low price of 1000 of my life points I can destroy 1 of your cards." [i]The obvious would be that dragon, but...[/i]

"I target your Toon Realm spell."[i] As I recall, those toons are dependent on Toon World to stay around, so taking out that spell will destroy both cards.[/i]

Sephora knew that she could not let her Chaos Sorcerer be destroyed at the moment it was her best chance at remaining in control of this duel, so before Photon Wyvern was summoned,[color=#800080] That's not happening, face-down activate Forbidden Chalice, [/color]a golden goblet appeared in front of her sorcerer who grasped it out of the air, and gulped it down increasing its attack by 400. If James' were to attack still he find that instead of his wyvern having the 200 point advantage Sephora's sorcerer would.<response>

Now assuming James' also ended his turn Sephora would begin her's, [color=#800080]Draw! [/color]Glancing at the card she smiled, [color=#800080][i]things[/i] [i]are coming into place quite well. [/i]I summon Senju of the Ten Thousand hands! Now I can add one ritual monster card to my hand, and I choose Elemental Mistress Doriado. Human, the pieces of your defeat are slowly falling into place, you could just give up now, and I'll just kill your Number, [/color]see Sephora said Number, because Sunnel had alerted her to Number 15, as it was the only one James had used in the park, [color=#800080]though I would love to kill you to, I just have too little time on my hands, its your choice, [/color]Sephora sneered.

{OoC: Sephora's turn is still ongoing I'm just giving you room for a response, oh tell if I'm blocking your moves too much}

LP: 3800
Field: Chaos Sorcerer (ATK 2300) Senju of the Ten Thousand Hands (ATK 1400)
S/T: 0

[spoiler='Cardex']http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Forbidden_Chalice
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Senju_of_the_Thousand_Hands
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Mistress_Doriado[/spoiler]

[color=#0000CD]"Damn, I won't attack with Wyvern then, and instead keep him alive for now. I don't really want you to take my life down in a single move afterall. Go ahead, you'll need Chaos Sorcerer's effect to remove my Wyvern though, which means you can do a maximum of 1400 damage this turn, and then next turn I can go on the offensive against you. Doriado won't be much use if you can't tribute anything to summon her afterall, which means in order to even get her to the field next turn, you'll need to get either Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands, or Sonic Bird so as you would have something to tribute for her. In other words, you're still in a desparate situation. But go on, see how far it gets you."[/color] James smirked at that, confident even with the probably banishment of his wyvern coming that he could survive to counterattack next turn.

With a zap, Psychokinesis took down the entire toony realm surroundings the two of them, and everything returned back to normal, all the standing-out black outlines disappearing, the trees and the ground and the clouds all returning back to their original for. As it disappeared, Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon distorted for a moment into its original Blue-Eyes White Dragon counterpart, before exploding.

[color=darkblue]"Looks like I have no choice then, since you walked right into my trap!"[/color] Spectral declared suddenly, and burst into laughter. [color=darkblue]"I'm a little sad you didn't summon an Xyz, but I suppose I have nothing to lose...!"[/color] With that, he took a card from his hand, and slammed it onto the field.

[center][color=darkblue][i]Arise from the ocean of infinity, my servant built through despair! I urge you now to drown the universe from destruction! Come now, [b]Number ∞ - Machine Emperor Aquel!!![/b][/i][/color][/center]

These words appeared to have been somehow conveyed telepathically, directly into Jane's mind.

As the Blue-Eyes Toon Dragon exploded, the flames from its destruction somehow underwent a rapid conversion into water currents, which crashed down onto the field and soaked the monsters as well as Jane herself. Something was strange about this, it wasn't just holographic, but it was actually causing her to really be soaked. This was real water.

And then an aqua-themed mechanical soldier - not unlike the Ignis caught on camera - rose up from the currents, before they disappeared. It had the symbol of [i]'Infinity'[/i] on its chest. It had an ominous, living, PHYSICAL aura about it. It was about the same height as a tree, towering over them since it was floating up in the air. Sephora and her opponent would probably be able to see it from where they were. It was defending, by the way. (DEF 2200)

[color=darkblue]"Say hello to Aquel!"[/color] Spectral declared playfully. [color=darkblue]"Aquel and I are quite different from each other. It remembers everything that happens, while I can't even remember my own past,"[/color] he laughed again as he said this, [color=darkblue]"I'd prefer it if my past was multiple choice though...anyway, we're different, but we're comrades, apparently!"[/color]

He paused.

[color=darkblue]"By the way, you really might want to summon your Number right about now."[/color] He suggested, pointing out the 'Number' in its name. And it should be common knowledge that Numbers can only be destroyed by other Numbers.

While speaking of effects, if Jane tried to access Aquel's information, its effect, she would find out that she could not. This left its unknown effect shrouded in darkness and mystery...

[i]Aquel?[/i]

The water crashed around Jane, soaking her again. [i]And I was just getting dry. So, this monster is real? [/i]She stared as the mechanical soldier rose above them. [i]Stat-wise, it's not actually that impressive - Magical Android could defeat that, unless there's something more to it, which there has to be...this has to be what took out Nell.[/i]

Jane looked at her duel disk, to check out the effects of Aquel, but was getting only an error. "How is that even possible?" she muttered, "the duel disk system has to know what it does to activate the card, so why are they hidden?"

Spectral once again made a push for her to summon an Xyz monster, this time the number that she wasn't sure she'd even said existed, highlighting the fact that this Aquel was also, technically, a number. [i]So, either I need a number to destroy it, it's going to be able to counter my number if I do summon it, or he's bluffing. [/i][i]Given his dislike of Xyz's, however, I think I can risk that Aquel is specifically anti-Xyz.[/i]

"I don't feel like summoning any number right now," she told him, her voice going flat, "but I'm not stopping. Magical Android will attack Aquel." The Psychic lept forward again, bringing her blade slashing down on the huge machine, but to no avail as the blade bounced away. Magical android returned to her original position.

"Serene Psychic Witch will move to defense positon," she continued, all emotion gone from her voice, "and I end my turn. Once again, I gain 1200 life points through the effect of Magical Android (LP: 1200<2400). I will stop you. I will prevent you doing any more damage, and I will avenge my friend."

LP: 2400
Monsters: Magical Android (ATK 2400), Serene Psychic Witch (DEF 1200)
Spell/Trap: 1 Face-down
Grave: 6

[color=#800080]You're about to learn why its a bad thing to underestimate me you little whelp! Now Chaos Sorcerer get rid of that pesky little wyvern, [/color]a sphere of dark light surrounded the wyvern then condensed and exploded. [color=#800080]Now face judgement in the face of my Senju, [/color]small balls of light materialized in Senju's hands, which all came into one and launched themselves at James.<response>[color=#800080]Your life human will soon come to an end, do you believe me backed into a corner. Why do you even fight against us, you wish the Xyz's gone as well. Join us and you can have all this,[/color] Sephora raised her hand, her pointer finger glowing, which she directed at James. It would show him a vision, created by Sephora and Sunnel to influence him, of his deepest desires full-filled, the Xyz's burning, and him on a throne with all the power he could desire, and then suddenly it was gone, [color=#800080]you could have all that if you just surrendered your Number, and joined us. [/color]

[color=#800080]That's your desicion to make though. Anyway turn end. [/color]It was all a ploy though, if James surrendered none of that would come true, this was just Sephora's trickery shining at its best. Sephora giggled expecting the human like all the others to fall for that vision, they were weak power hungry creatures, but her and her colleagues would show the humans true power. The Meklords were ultimate unrivaled power, and if you thought about, Sephora and her colleagues were doing a good thing, sacrifice a few for the many.

[color=#40e0d0]"Wait, don't hit that...!"[/color][color=#000000] Dr. Tsuriche raised her voice in a panicked matter, but was unable to stop Maverick from slamming his fist, [/color][color=#40e0d0]"...bed."[/color]

[color=#000000]It was then that she'd discovered that whirring sound and, via putting two and two together, lifted the bed-skirt to reveal the drone underneath. Dr. Tsuriche carefully grasped the drone and pulled it out of its hiding place, before proceeding to examine it.[/color]

[color=#40e0d0]"What in Exodia's name [i]is[/i] this thing?"[/color][color=#000000] Dr. Tsuriche asked to no-one in particular.[/color]

[color=#000000]Maverick, meanwhile, sighed and turned to the three others that were there with him.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Well, it's nice meeting you guys, but I'm afraid I can't give you much exposition on what's going on out there,"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick informed in a regretful tone, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Most of what I can remember at the moment was already covered by the news. But I [i]do[/i] have a name for..."[/color]

[color=#000000]He paused, reacting slightly to the flash from a camera nearby, and batting his eyes as he registered it. Maverick was never good with taking his photo shot, but then something came across his mind... was that shot even [i]necessary[/i]? And who could've took the photo? Obviously not the press, 'cause he would've been [i]bombarded[/i] with camera shots, presumably followed by a microphone being shoved in his face. Still, whoever it was could be up to something.

[color=#ff8c00]"The [i]hell[/i]?"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick muttered, before he got over the impulse of batting his eyes, [color=#ff8c00]"Did any of you guys notice a camera flash, by any chance?"[/color]

[color=#000000]...[/color]

[color=#800080]"Like I said, I'll think about it,"[/color][color=#000000] was all Aivea managed to say before an ethereal Duel Spirit had appeared next to her out of nowhere. It take the shape of an armored velociraptor, with a green mane of sorts, and the number 85 on the plume of its helmet, appearing to have been written in an alien language.[/color]

[i][color=#000080]'Greetings, Ms. Kaiba,'[/color][/i][color=#000000] the Duel Spirit stated in her mind, [i][color=#000080]'I am Number 85: Holyciraptor. There is something you need to know.'[/color][/i]

[i][color=#800080]'Can it wait?'[/color][/i][color=#000000] Aivea asked, telepathically communicating with 85, [/color][i][color=#800080]'There's someone here, and I don't want to look like I'm spacing out,'[/color][/i]

[i][color=#000080]'I suppose, but not for too long,'[/color][/i][color=#000000] 85 told her, [/color][i][color=#000080]'I shall give you the chance to ensure you are alone, if that is what you wish,'[/color][/i][/color][/color][/color]

[color=#800080][i]'Thanks,'[/i][/color][color=#000000][color=#000000] [/color][/color][color=#000000]with that thought, Aivea turned back to Foster,[/color][color=#000000][color=#000000] [/color][/color][color=#800080]"You better get going. If we happen to meet up again by chance, [i]then[/i] we'll talk,"[/color]

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1352145844' post='6061385']
[color=#40E0D0]"Wait, don't hit that...!"[/color][color=#000000] Dr. Tsuriche raised her voice in a panicked matter, but was unable to stop Maverick from slamming his fist, [/color][color=#40E0D0]"...bed."[/color]

[color=#000000]It was then that she'd discovered that whirring sound and, via putting two and two together, lifted the bed-skirt to reveal the drone underneath. Dr. Tsuriche carefully grasped the drone and pulled it out of its hiding place, before proceeding to examine it.[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"What in Exodia's name [i]is[/i] this thing?"[/color][color=#000000] Dr. Tsuriche asked to no-one in particular.[/color]

[color=#000000]Maverick, meanwhile, sighed and turned to the three others that were there with him.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Well, it's nice meeting you guys, but I'm afraid I can't give you much exposition on what's going on out there,"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick informed in a regretful tone, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"Most of what I can remember at the moment was already covered by the news. But I [i]do[/i] have a name for..."[/color]

[color=#000000]He paused, reacting slightly to the flash from a camera nearby, and batting his eyes as he registered it. Maverick was never good with taking his photo shot, but then something came across his mind... was that shot even [i]necessary[/i]? And who could've took the photo? Obviously not the press, 'cause he would've been [i]bombarded[/i] with camera shots, presumably followed by a microphone being shoved in his face. Still, whoever it was could be up to something.

[color=#FF8C00]"The [i]hell[/i]?"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick muttered, before he got over the impulse of batting his eyes, [color=#FF8C00]"Did any of you guys notice a camera flash, by any chance?"[/color][/color][/color]
[/quote]

Zack felt like he was the cause of Maverick's anger, and he had a right to think this way. Hell, the duel disk was his friend's and the fact of him dying didn't make it any better. He didn't say anything, he just felt like his Numbers just told him to come here to face the fact that he couldn't stop someone from getting killed...but at the same time, Zack's heart sparked a flame that told him that this wasn't true.

[i][b][color=#000000][color=#000000][color=#FF8C00]"Did any of you guys notice a camera flash, by any chance?"[/color][/color][/color][/b][/i]

This sentence caused Zack to finally get out of this trance, to turn around and to examine the area around him. [color=#0000CD][i]A camera flash? Hmm, there would only be a couple of certain spots that it could've come from...but where precisely? [/i][/color]he thought, his eyes dragging through the entire area to find where this flash came from.

The window? No, there would've been one of those window cleaner scaffolding outside...but there wasn't.

Outside the hall? Perhaps, but he didn't see anyone that looked shady...

[color=#0000CD]"Not sure where it came from..." [/color]Zack sighed, rubbing the back of his neck.

Odysseus arrived at Mavericks room as they finished their conversation about the flash of light and knocked on the door entering the room soon afterwards.
[color=#0000ff]"I see your still recovering from your battle with a Meklord and was curious whether or not you'd be going for round two after you get out of here, of course as you are you don't stand a chance against them of course not without a little power boost but I don't know if you'd be able to win even if I gave you one."[/color]
When Odysseus mentioned a power boost he pulled out the spell card Rank-up Magic: Barian's Force making sure the people in the room could see the cards name but not its effect, he was confident that Maverick would desire the power he was offering but Odysseus needed to make sure he was strong enough to use it.

The poor little drone, which was surprisingly light in Dr. Tsuriche's arms, was now in total panic mode. It had clearly been addled from being pounded upon by Maverick, but now the robot was in a total frenzy, its wheels spinning in the air as its spherical eye-like head swiveled about frantically, trying to find a way out. Whatever the drone was, it appeared to have some sort of sensor suite at one end, and an engine at the other, and engraved on the front of its chassis were the words "PIP".

Foster frowned, and started the trek to the hospital where Pip was waiting. Things were not good for the little spy drone. He had been discovered through sheer dumb luck, and was currently not very happy. He hopped a bus and headed towards Pip's last known location, and the place where his other potential allies awaited.

James flinched a bit more when the energy attack hit him, listening to Sephora's words and the vision. [color=#0000CD]"It's a tempting offer but I'm afraid I'm going to have to pass on it. For starters, it was you and your friend who challenged me originally, I would have preferd to pass on it anyway. And also, I don't desire that sort of power, I want the Xyz's gone, but past that, I don't intend to keep this current power I posess anyway. For now though, I may as well finish you off, considering you've managed to hold on for this long, and even manage to to nearly wipe my field clean in the process. Draw."[/color] James smiled at the card he drew, before looking back at his opponent. [color=#0000CD]"I'll start off with the effect of this, the trap card, Return from a Different Dimension. At the cost of half my current lifepoints, I can Special Summon as many banished monsters as possible, and thanks to you, I have exactly 2 I can target. Return to me, Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon, Photon Wyvern."[/color] James' lifepoints dropped quickly, from 2000 down to 1000 instantly, and in the sky behind him, a large rip appeared, out of which his mighty dragon, and it's smaller cousin, emerged. The two powerful photons were then joined by a smaller glowing satellite, which quickly hovered above the wyvern. [color=#0000CD]"I'll join them with this one, Normal Summon, Photon Satellite. Then I'll instantly use his effect, by targetting Photon Wyvern, the levels of both my Wyvern and my Satellite become equal to their total combined level. So both are now level 8. Overlay Wyvern and Satellite, Xyz summon, Number 15: Gimmick Puppet - Giant Killer."[/color] The Satellite and the Wyvern turned into spheres that disappeared into a glowing, galaxy-shaped portal in the ground, before from the portal emerged the same black puppet James had used earlier, and on his hand, 15 showed up. [color=#0000CD]"Number 15's effect, by detatching an overlay unit, I can destroy any monster you control."[/color] From the hole in the puppet's stomache, a pair of chains whipped out, slicing through one of the overlay units as they went, before piercing into the body of Chaos Sorcerer, forcefully dragging both back with the chains till each was sliced up by the hidden blades inside the chest hole. [color=#0000CD]"Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon attacks Senju, and then Number 15 will attakc directly. Turn End, and Galaxy-Eyes returns to being banished."[/color]

Lifepoints: 1000
Hand: 3
Field: Number 15: Gimmick Puppet - Giant Killer (1500 ATK, One Overlay Unit)
S/T: Call of the Haunted

Sephora could only watch in horror as Giant Killer destroyed her sorcerer was swallowed up by the infernal Number monster, and then the Galaxy-Eyes destroyed her Senju and blew her back, then Giant Killer came in with a direct attack, and dropped her Life Points down even further. Thankfully with the end of his turn James' Galaxy-Eyes was once again removed from the field. [color=#800080]I will destroy you, I offered you gifts and you spat in face. Foolish human no-one scoffs at perfection. My turn, Draw! [/color]Sephora smirked at the card she drew it was just the thing to turn the duel around for her, [color=#800080]I will lay a single monster face-down in defense position, and end my turn. [/color]How this duel went all depended on James' next draw, if he drew a monster with 700 or more attack points it was all over for Sephora, but still she kept a confident smirk on her face not willing to allow a human to see was in a desperate situation.

LifePoints: 700
Field: 1 Set monster
S/T: 0

[color=darkblue]"...Your friend? Who?"[/color] Spectral asked curiously, wantting to know what she meant. Before she could reply, however, he continued on with his turn. He drew, and with that, Solemn Wish's effect activated, increasing his Life Points by a mere five hundred (Spectral LP: 1700 -> 2200). Then he added the card to his hand. [color=darkblue]"I set a card and end my turn."[/color] He concluded, and a facedown materialized onto the field.

Suddenly, he left his position in the duel to float over the field and the monster towards Jane, until he was sitting in a cross-legged position above her, but not so close that he would be able to see the cards in her hand. He leaned his head in closer.

[color=darkblue]"Hey, hey, girl. Who's the friend? I wanna know, I wanna know~"[/color] He requested in a childish tone.

LP: 2200
Monsters: Aquel (DEF 2200)
Spell/Trap: 1 FD, Solemn Wishes

Archived