Yu-gi-oh! Zexal: Counting to Infinity [IC Thread]

Admiral_Stalfos19

James frowned, disappointed that he had miscalculated slightly and didn't quite finish his opponent off. [color=#0000CD]"My turn, draw. All I need to do is destroy that set monster and I can attack for game right, well, I'll normal summon this one from my hand, remember him from earlier, my Photon Sabre Tiger. His effect allows me to add the one I returned to my deck earlier with Tour Bus, and then, since I don't like questions about whether I'll win or not, spell activate, Polymerisation fuses together the Photon Sabre Tiger on the field with the new Photon Sabre Tiger in my hand, Fusion Summon, Twin Photon Lizard. Twin lizard attacks the set monster, and if that's successful, Number 15: Gimmick Puppet - Giant Killer will attack for game. If the attack doesn't leave your field open for Giant Killer to finish you off, I'll switch him to defence instead and end my turn."[/color]

Lifepoints: 1000
Hand: 2
Field: Twin Photon Lizard (2400 ATK), Number 15: Gimmick Puppet - Giant Killer (1500 ATK/2500 DEF, One Overlay Unit

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Her name was Nell, and she drowned whilst dueling - nowhere near any water. Since you have the card that brings out real water, youy must have something to do with it. Now get back over there, Spook, it's my turn. I draw."

She looked at the cards in her hand. [i]So, how to take that thing down[/i][i]. I really need to do it soon, but with these cards, the best I can do for now is...[/i]

"I'll place one more card of my own face-down, and with that I'll end this turn. Once again, I regain 1200 life points from the effect of Magical Android, bringing me almost back to where I started." Once again, a shower of light fell over Jane, as her health climbed even higher.

Life Points: 3600
Hand: 1
Monsters: Magical Android (ATK 2400), Serene Psychic Witch (DEF 1200)
Spell/Trap: 2 Face-down
Grave: 6

[color=darkblue]"...Oh?"[/color] Spectral frowned, a look of sadness on his face, as if he actually cared. Did he truly care? Nobody, not even the rather twisted in real-life user writing this very passage, is able to understand his mind. Perhaps he was just mocking the girl Jane, or perhaps he was truly feeling pity... [color=darkblue]"Well. I don't remember, but I probably am the one who did that. Once we're done here, I'll take a little break to pay my respects to this Nell girl. It's the least I can do."[/color]

He did a little polite bow, before flying back over to his original position. And then his wide grin reappeared on his face, as if he had forgotten all about the last sixty seconds.

[color=darkblue]"My turn, draw~!"[/color] He declared, and drew his card. With the effect of Solemn Wishes, his Life Points shot up (LP: 2200 -> 2700). [color=darkblue]"Now then, I activate my very own Forbidden Lance from my hand, decreasing your Magical Android's ATK by uh..."[/color] He took a moment to read it, as if he had never drawn this card before. [color=darkblue]"...800!"[/color]

A lance appeared out of nowhere and stabbed the psychic monster in the back, penetrating through it and forcing unknown green liquids to spill out the other side in a rather gory scene, one that wasn't normally be included in Duel Disk holographics. With that, Magical Android's ATK decreased down to 1600, and the lance disappeared. The hole in its chest remained, however.

[color=darkblue]"Now, Aquel, attack it! [i]Barrier Water![/i]"[/color] He commanded, smiling.

Then the machine turned to the android, and launched out a torrent of water, splashing harmlessly onto the android, but only for a moment. Then the water began to harden, curling in until it appeared as though the android was covered in an orb of water. But it was an android monster, big deal. But here was the fun part; Aquel was increasing the pressure with each passing second, and soon enough Magical Android would be sadistically torn apart by water pressure. The water was already beginning to invade it from the inside, entering through the hole in its stomach. A chunk of green liquid was expelled out, before dissolving into the increasing pressure.

This water would only go away when either its target died, or some kind of magic (effect) saved it. It was truly sadistic, but an ordinary human would've been drowned long before the pressure could reach a point where it twists the body, which would prematurely end Aquel's water barrier attack.

Spectral was unphased at the sight.

Once it was over, either ending in a horrific mess or in Magical Android being saved by something, he did a little spin. Now, if she tried to destroy his Aquel, his set card would stop her from doing that.

[color=darkblue]"Turn end! Go on ahead...uh, hey, I don't have your name yet. Can I have it?"[/color] Spectral asked.

[color="#800080"]I was beaten... [/color]the wyvern had destroyed her [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Morphing_Jar"]Morphing Jar[/url], and even though she had been able to draw her five cards, none of it had mattered. The Number had smashed her defenses, and she had lost. Sephora's duel disk disappeared into light as it had come. [color=#800080]You live this time Number Holder, but next time I will kill you. [/color]Beaten Sephora stalked over to Spectral, and would wait for his duel to be over so that they could depart, leaving James with her threat. [color=#800080][i]How could I lose! I am one of the three Meklord Users. A chosen one! I have defeated Number Holders before with no problem, what makes this one so special. [/i][/color]Little did Sephora know this Number Holder unlike the others was plot protected. [color=#800080]Hurry up its not nice to keep your goddess waiting, besides Aquel should be able to crush her quickly, [/color]Sephora said to Spectral, barely even acknoledging Jane.

James smiled as he won, before his field disappeared. Looking at the cards he had drawn, he wa suddenly glad he had managed to finish it this turn as, not one, but two Dimension Wanderers lay in his hand, alongside a Photon Crusher, Galaxy Exploration, and a single Overlay Eater from that Morphing Jar, a hand that would have been one of the most useless combinations of cards possible. "You didn't win this time, what makes you think next time will be any better, though that doesn't matter anyway. Hey girly, hurry up and beat this guy already, if he's anything similar to the one I just dueled, he shouldn't be that strong." James backed away slightly with that, moving to stand against a nearby tree and watch the duel as it continued on

[color=#000000]Salaginto continued to scan James' room in the distance, until another being arrived. He could sense that this being wasn't human, but Sephora and Spectral were just [i]down there[/i], and Salaginto could've [i]sworn[/i] that the enemies of their race no longer had the balls to defy them. This could only mean one thing...[/color]

[i][color=#800000]'A Barian...'[/color][/i][color=#000000] Salaginto decided, before relaying another telekinetic message to Sephora and Spectral, [/color][i][color=#800000]'I'm going to attack the hospital now. If you value your lives, you [b]may[/b] want to stay clear,'[/color][/i]

[color=#800000]"Ignis! I [i]summon[/i] you!"[/color][color=#000000] With that, Ignis took on a corporeal form, and 'pointed' his arm straight for James' room. A sphere of energy started to form, growing larger and larger until it discharged into a beam which would pierce [i]straight through[/i] the wall of the hospital and into the other side, destroying everything in its path.[/color]

[color=#000000]...[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Who are you, and what in the hell are you suggesting?"[/color] [color=#000000]Maverick asked the Barian.[/color]

[color=#000000]In the meantime, Dr. Tsuriche had finished examining the drone, only to shrug her shoulders, open a window and drop it outside to fall into a dumpster full of recycling material. That's when she just happened to look up, and see Ignis just about to fire its laser.[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"Um... guys? I think we better get going..."[/color][color=#000000] Dr. Tsuriche stated, immediately taking James into her arms.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Hmm?"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick swung round, only to see Ignis as well, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Son of a... Alright everyone, let's [i]move[/i]!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Meanwhile, safe from the chaos going on in the hospital, Aivea turned to see 85, who had taken on a corporeal form this time.[/color]

[color=#800080]"Now what was so important that I had shoo someone [i]away[/i] for?"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea asked.[/color]

[color=#000080]"Look into my eyes,"[/color][color=#000000] 85 instructed.[/color]

[color=#800080]"And what good will [i]that[/i] do for you?"[/color][color=#000000] Aivea replied.[/color]

[color=#000080]"You will see why I have chosen you, and you will begin to understand a [i]part[/i] of the forces that threaten this world,"[/color][color=#000000] as 85 said this, Aivea batted her eyes again... and this time it [i]was[/i] [/color][color=#000000]out of confusion. Nonetheless, her left eye's pupil began to shrink again, indicating she was absorbing a memory.[/color]

[color=#800080]"That... doesn't make any sense,"[/color] [color=#000000]Aivea admitted.[/color]

[color=#000080]"It will [i]soon[/i],"[/color] [color=#000000]85 stated, as the memory absorption was complete.[/color]

[color=#000000][spoiler=85's Memory][/color][color=#000080][i]'You see, I [b]know[/b] of your ability to absorb memories, Ms. Kaiba,'[/i][/color][color=#000000] 85 narrated within the memory, [/color][i][color=#000080]'That is why I wanted to show you this memory. It details of my former master's demise, and the mistakes she made that led her straight to it,'[/color][/i]

[color=#000000]Immediately, a blood-stained redhead was seen being shoved away from falling debris of a building. In turn, the girl had taken her saviour's Number card, Number 17: Leviathan Dragon, and fled the scene. This may have looked disrespectful, but in the girl's mind, she had taken it on herself to [i]protect[/i] this Number. Of course, it was highly unlikely that anyone would believe her. After all, who in their right mind would trust what a teenage girl with blood on her hands and in her teeth had to say about [i]anything[/i]? The only logical answer, therefore, was to go on the run.[/color] [color=#000000]However, the flight was short lived, as the girl had unwittingly ran into a dead end, and blocking her way was none other than Salaginto himself. She froze in fear; this was the very being that she was trying to get away from. The whole reason why the girl had became a Number Hunter was so that she could be prepared for someone like Salaginto. And right now, she just... wasn't.[/color]

[color=#800000]"Hmph, look at you. [i]Squirming[/i] away into a corner like a rat!"[/color][color=#000000] Salaginto mocked, [/color][color=#800000]"Spineless coward."[/color]

[color=#000000]The Number Hunter gulped in fear. She wasn't ready to be tracked down so soon, and it shown on her face, but she [i]had[/i] to steel herself.[/color]

[color=#800000]"Now hand over your Number and Xyz Monsters," [/color][color=#000000]ordered Salaginto, [/color][color=#800000]"I grow tired of dealing with such pathetic eyesores as yourself,"[/color]

[color=#4b0082]"I has a name!"[/color][color=#000000] the girl snapped, [/color][color=#4b0082]"It'sss Kira Tirano, and you'll do [i]well [/i][/color][color=#4B0082]to remember sat. And I'm [i]not[/i] handing ohser [i]any[/i] os my Numbersss!"[/color]

[color=#800000]"Very well, then we shall have a duel to the death!"[/color][color=#000000] with that, blue flames surrounding both Kira [i]and[/i] Salaginto in a circle, as the two started to draw their five cards.[/color][color=#000000][/spoiler][/color]

Bailas listened as Maverick expressed his shortcomings of information pity seeing as this was the only solid lead he had. Bailas wanted to continue with some sort of calming reply but it seems that events were transpiring rather quickly. First this little machine that Bailas and Shadi had noticed earlier had revealed itself. Bailas immediately shot up an eyebrow at the sight. Machines don't have chakras or need meditation they simply turn on and off usually they have a purpose though what would the purpose of this PIP be though. Maverick then spoke of flashes. Naturally as Bailas' back was facing the door he wouldn't notice a flash completely but Shadi on the other hand noticed multiple flashes as if someone was trying to take pictures of the three number Holders. Shadi did want to alert them that they were being photographed but then another event happened as a new stranger had made his way to Maverick's room. This one was a tad different though he preached of power and showed only one weird playing card which to Bailas and Shadi couldn't figure out the significance of. Its a playing card give it to the man and be on your way was their initial thought but then they just watched.

"Well you are quite the popular person here Mr. Maverick it seems you have so many visitors." Bailas said not taking his eyes off of Odysseus. Shadi then continued "Yeah I noticed what I think was a female taking all of your pictures before this young person decided to show their face. But then again I doubt it is one of the enemies that did this to you. They seem more direct..." It was then that the doctor through the drone out the window and Shadi too saw Ignis in the distance. "...you know like that." Bailas turned around and that is when he saw Ignis and subsequently heard Maverick's command. He instinctively grabbed James from the doctor and tossed the doctor towards Shadi and Shadi carried her. This was the fastest and most chivalrous way everyone was going to get out alive. Naturally they bolted to the nearest exit away from the line of fire.

"I thank you, because you just accelerated my defeat of Aquel. Go, face-down! [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Psychic_Reactor"]Psychic Reactor[/url]!" The newer of Jane's face-down cards lifted to reveal the trap. "With this card, any time one of my Psychic-type ,monsters battles this turn I can banish both of those monsters. Magical Android will still be destroyed, but now your machine king will go with it."

Within the water, Magical Android, now wearing a new helmet with green energy within it, suddenly shot forward, heading for it's attacker. Interestingly, Jane's other monster had an identical helmet, although since the focus was on the other monsters it was unlikely to be noticed.

"Begone!" Jane roared, as then psychic monster reached it's target. The reactor detonated, tearing apart both the android and the space surrounding the two monsters, opening up a void which threatened to swallow the machine emperor whole. (LP: 3600>3000)

[color=darkblue]"Hey, you know I can't allow that!"[/color] Spectral declared with a wide grin, unafraid of anything, and activated his set card without hesitation. [color=darkblue]"Trap card activate, [i]Solemn Judgment![/i] This card allows me to negate your card by paying half of my Life Points~!!!"[/color] Then a familiar card flipped up-

Wait, familiar? No, it looked similar, but it had a different artwork. Suddenly, an hunched spacial ghost-like Astral being wearing a white robe appeared on the field, accompanied by two angelic feminine beings of the same kind. Like the normal Solemn Judgment, the old man thrust its arm forward, and suddenly the Psychic Reactor helmets were dispelled, at the cost of Spectral's Life Points lowering (LP: 2700 -> 1350).

[color=darkblue]"So, go on ahead and continue-"[/color]

He turned suddenly to see Sephora having come to watch his duel, and sighed in slight annoyance at this fact.

Sephora, raised and eyebrow at the Barian comment, but all the same floated away,[color=#800080] I'm sure I don't need to tell you Spectral, but we may wish to move away.[/color] Again completely ignoring Jane, as she lazy floated away out of blast radius, [color=#800080][i]Hmm a Barian isn't that what Spectral is part of, oh well best not give my pretty head to much stress thinking about things I don't know. I'll just ask Salaginto later, for now let's just watch the carnage. [/i][/color]Sephora floated until she was above the roof of the hospital, and crossed her legs like she was about to watch a movie, which in her mind it might as well be. She cared nothing for the humans, and in fact wished them all dead, so watching a few get killed would be funny, or at the very least entertaining.

[quote name='Admiral_Stalfos19' timestamp='1352265719' post='6062929']
[color=#000000]Salaginto continued to scan James' room in the distance, until another being arrived. He could sense that this being wasn't human, but Sephora and Spectral were just [i]down there[/i], and Salaginto could've [i]sworn[/i] that the enemies of their race no longer had the balls to defy them. This could only mean one thing...[/color]

[i][color=#800000]'A Barian...'[/color][/i][color=#000000] Salaginto decided, before relaying another telekinetic message to Sephora and Spectral, [/color][i][color=#800000]'I'm going to attack the hospital now. If you value your lives, you [b]may[/b] want to stay clear,'[/color][/i]

[color=#800000]"Ignis! I [i]summon[/i] you!"[/color][color=#000000] With that, Ignis took on a corporeal form, and 'pointed' his arm straight for James' room. A sphere of energy started to form, growing larger and larger until it discharged into a beam which would pierce [i]straight through[/i] the wall of the hospital and into the other side, destroying everything in its path.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Who are you, and what in the hell are you suggesting?"[/color] [color=#000000]Maverick asked the Barian.[/color]

[color=#000000]In the meantime, Dr. Tsuriche had finished examining the drone, only to shrug her shoulders, open a window and drop it outside to fall into a dumpster full of recycling material. That's when she just happened to look up, and see Ignis just about to fire its laser.[/color]

[color=#40E0D0]"Um... guys? I think we better get going..."[/color][color=#000000] Dr. Tsuriche stated, immediately taking James into her arms.[/color]

[color=#FF8C00]"Hmm?"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick swung round, only to see Ignis as well, [/color][color=#FF8C00]"Son of a... Alright everyone, let's [i]move[/i]!"[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#0000CD]"Move?" [/color]Zack questioned, until he saw Ignis like the others. Many thoughts ran through his mind, but one phrase stood out above the rest of them: [color=#0000CD]"Damn..."[/color]

He ran out following Maverick, the doctor, Shadi, and Bailas. He had no idea what he was going to do...or rather what ANY of them were planning to do. [color=#0000CD][i]OK think Holmes, think. Yourself, Maverick, Shadi, and Bailas...that's four against that huge freakin' Machine...what can we do to escape this thing? [/i][/color]he thought, as the group rounded the hallway's corner, trying to escape Ignis. [color=#0000CD]"So, um Maverick...you got experience with something like this..." [/color]Zack chuckled lightly. [color=#0000CD]"What's our plan of action with this??"[/color]

[i]He uses his own version of other cards too? [/i]Jane recovered quickly from the surprise, keeping her face neutral. "So be it," she replied, as her trap was stopped before she could use it. [i]At least it's one less variable to deal with next turn.[/i]

The detonation of Magical Android sent her flying backwards, and as she pulled herself back to her feet she noticed that another being not unlike her opponent had shown up. Before she could say anything, however, the second person had left. She put it out of her mind, and turned back to the duel. [i]Now is probably the best time to strike. His Life Points are down again, and his Aquel is on the offensive, the question is what other effects it might have...no matter, I have to take this chance.[/i]

"My turn, I draw," she called, glancing at the card. She looked back to the other card in her hand, and thought for a moment. Then the corners of her lips curled up into a small smile. "I told you I'd win without an Xyz, and that's just what I'll do. I tribute Serene Psychic Witch to summon [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Overdrive_Teleporter"]Overdrive Teleporter[/url]." Light shot up around the monster, hiding it. When the light faded, she was gone, replaced by a purple-haired figure dressed in white (ATK 2100). "Next, I pay 2000 life points to special summon 2 level 3 Psychics right out of my deck." Even before she finished speaking, two cards had been ejected from her deck, and she instantly played them. "[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Psychic_Commander"]Psychic Commander[/url], [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Hushed_Psychic_Cleric"]Hushed Psychic Cleric[/url]." A military figure riding in a floating turret and another cleric emerged onto the field (ATK 1400, DEF 2100).

"Cleric's effect. I dicard one card-" Jane put her last card into her graveyard, "-and can banish 1 Psychic-Type monster from my Graveyard. I chose...[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Space-Time_Police"]Space-Time Police[/url]." The ghostly image of a figure in blue appeared for a moment, before vanishing into a portal which opened up behind it. "Now I tune Psychic Commander and Hushed Psychic Cleric to Synchro Summon [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Psychic_Nightmare"]Psychic Nightmare[/url]." The newly-summoned monsters left the field again, to be replaced by a demonic-looking being, electrical energy crackling in the air surrounding it (ATK 2400).

"Oh, and since Hushed Psychic Cleric has gone to the graveyard, Space-Time Police is now Special Summoned straight to my field." The psychic in the blue police uniform appeared on her field, branishing a baton (ATK 2300). "Space-Time Police's effect activates. When he's special summoned, I can banish any one of your cards for as long as Space-Time Police remains on the field. I chose Aquel." The officer waved his baton, and a portal opened below the huge emperor, leading to another dimesion.

After hearing Mavericks reply Odysseus was readying his answer when appeared and began to ready its assault, as the others left the room Odysseus teleported away moving out of the Meklords rang and watched as the others were fleeing from the hospital.
[color="#0000ff"]"I knew there was a good chance we were being watched because there was a survivor there but I didn't think they'd just attack out of the blue like that, I thought they wanted to be more subtle in their actions then that."[/color]
​Odysseus knew that his presence was what probably brought on the attack but he felt it would be better not to let anyone know and to prepare a counter attack. Odysseus deiced that it might be a good idea to look for quantity of quality in the duelists he chose if the Meklords were this desperate already.

[color=darkblue]"Oh man, that's a good move. I can't counter that~"[/color] Spectral admitted with a laugh, and his Machine Emperor was sucked into the portal, making it vanish and trapping it into an unknown different dimension until the end of the duel. He took a moment to turn to Sephora. [color=darkblue]"Yo, Sephy. Sorry I lost, she didn't give me a chance to draw [b]that[/b] card, after all. Hahaha!"[/color]

He laughed again, before bowing down to his opponent, Jane, not minding nor fearing nor even minding his defeat at all. In fact, this is probably his first defeat since he started playing the game, yet he didn't care.

[color=darkblue]"This is your win, girl. Take it, you [i]deserve[/i] it for not being so stupid as to summon an Xyz against us and stuff. So, go on and finish me!"[/color] He spun around an acrobat as he said this, before stopping in midair to give a serious look to her. [color=darkblue]"Seriously though, what's your name?"[/color]

Pip fortunately managed to land on some relatively soft cardboard and plastic, and watched as the beam sliced through the hospital like a hot knife through butter. Foster, who was approaching the hospital via bus, witnessed the event in real time via Pip's camera, and quickly ordered the recon drone to escape, which it summarily did, speeding out of the dumpster it had landed in thanks to an old pallet that it used as a ramp, and tried not to be a noticeable target. Similarly, Foster started to prepare for the worst as he accessed the local information network to see a live report, and he watched as the same being that annihilated his teammates wrought even more wanton destruction and injury. He hoped that Maverick and the others made it out safely.

"The name's Jane," she told him, "remember it. For now though, suffer just the smallest part for what you did." She paused. [i]OK, how is it I do this again?...There we go. [/i]Psychic Nightmare attacks you directly." The demonic monster leaped forwards from beside his comrades, and slashed at Spectral. This time, however, Jane's monster was far more solid than the augmented reality system should allow - like Aquel, the monster seemed to be real, and capable of causing real damage.

Her face softened for a moment, and she seemed somewhat sad[i].[/i] "It's a shame really. You might be doing some good, but since you went straight for the 'kill everyone' approach I have to stop you. GIve up this stupidity now and try making your case like a civilised species, or I'll have to find a way to show you what death means." [i]And no, I don't intend to just kill you. I'll dispose of these friends of yours first, to make you understand what it means to survive someone.[/i]

Psychic Nightmare closed in on her opponent, and gave a powerful slash across his front which was spread from shoulder to knee.

[color=darkblue]"Jane, eh? Good name!"[/color] The alien ghost replied with a large, stupid grin.

Then her face suddenly softened, as if sad, for some strange and unknown reason. And then Jane's monster lunged forward, throwing some sort of powerful swing that hit him, forming this deep slash across his front, all the way from shoulder to knee.

From there, red and blue gases began to escape from the gash as if he was some sort of smoke balloon. His body began twitching, and its shape was beginning to distort....every now and then, it looked as though the red and blue parts of his purple body had separated, but then stuck back together as if by some sort of 1:1 coincidence. The two Barian red wings sprouted back out his back, but they were twisting in a way that any wing be it normal or alien SHOULDN'T twist into, and looked as if they were trying to rip themselves off his body, his body itself twitching and jerking.

But Spectral's expression didn't change. He was only slightly confused, yet kept his grin up. To the point of view of an ordinary person, he would look like the typical villain who was arrogant and about to unleash some super-regenerative ability, but he was only grinning because he didn't know. Defect and insane from birth, he was incapable of feeling neither pain nor fear. He had no idea what was happening to his body, he hadn't even noticed.

[color=darkblue]"Hey, Jane, I don't get it. What's there to stop? You want the universe to go to hell? Sure, I mean, I understand if you don't like your life, but there are tons of other people in this existence, of so many worlds - Human, Spirit, Barian, Astral - and none of them would like the universe getting destroyed."[/color] He began, completely unaware of what was happening to him. His voice sounded strained, but his mind didn't recognize that it was straining itself. [color=darkblue]"I don't know what death is like, but other people react strangely whenever it's mentioned. It's like what my friends describe 'fear', only with some sort of...exaggeration. I don't know though, I've never felt this 'fear' thing myself. Anyway,"[/color]

Acting as always, he did a childish spin in the air - to disastrous effects. The two twisting crimson wings around his back had stayed in their position and had now curled- no, constricted around him. Gases were starting to leak further, and the purple color of his radiant spacial skin was beginning to...darken, becoming more and more grayish with each passing moment. His eyes were also flickering from color to a total blackness and back to color again, like dying lamps.

[color=darkblue]"That was a fun duel! Like I said, I'll pay my respects to Nell for ya, okay? Though I am a bit concerned about what you did to me just now."[/color] He looked down at his own body, two wings constricting around his chest, right arm pointing in an angle it shouldn't, and legs jerking heavily. Within the gash, only darkness appeared to be seen. He didn't seem to be worried, though. [color=darkblue]"Meh, it's probably nothing. I think I made a new friend today. Friends are nice."[/color]

Completely unaware that she was kind of trying to kill him. He didn't comprehend the subject of 'trying to kill Spectral', because nobody had ever done that. Not the Barians, not the Astrals, and the humans never got a chance. The closest he ever gets to it is the 'destruction of the universe', which he comprehends will include him, but without any real understanding. He hadn't ever felt pain, he hadn't ever felt fear. This fact gave him a nonchalant innocence unlike any other, because he was unable to feel any negative emotions beyond annoyance and anger, neither of which he had any reason to feel right now.

[color=darkblue]"Sephy, let's go~ we failed today, but that's only because these guys are different from the others. Since we know their strategies now, there's nothing stopping us from beating them the next time."[/color] He said, turning his head to Sephora...rotating it through a disturbing detour. As in, instead of simply turning clockwise, it kept on moving anticlockwise. [color=darkblue]"By the way, I feel a little tingly. Can you find a river, lake, pond or some other body of water to put me into, Sephy? They alwa"[/color]

Then his body fell to the ground after a large amount of blue and red gases had been expelled, now all of a sudden affected by gravity. His constricting wings retreated back into his body, giving it back some of its color, though by now it was almost gray. He looked dead.

Of course, unbeknowst to himself, what he had been referring to was Aquel's ability to 'restore Life Points', that neither of the other two Machine Emperors possessed. If he had gotten one of those instead, he'd have technically been asking for a funeral to disappear within water. He just found water relaxing, it was the easiest thing he could feel with his dulled sense of touch. So by putting him in water, technically that large gash on his chest should quickly heal up, and maybe he'd regain all his lost energy back too.

Until then; looking dead.

[color=#ff8c00]"We should probably split up,"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick suggested, before turning to Dr. Tsuriche, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"What's the fastest way [i]out[/i] [/color][color=#FF8C00]of here, doc?"[/color]

[color=#40e0d0]"Probably that stairwell over there,"[/color][color=#000000] was the reply, as Dr. Tsuriche pointed over to her left.[/color]

[color=#ff8c00]"Right, Balias, Shadi, take the left and head down that stairwell,"[/color][color=#000000] Maverick ordered, [/color][color=#ff8c00]"Zack, [i]you're[/i] with me. Let's go!"[/color]

[color=#000000]Maverick bolted down the [i]right[/i] hallway, not stopping for anything. There was no doubt that Salaginto would have Ignis fire off another beam or two at [/color][color=#000000]James [/color][i]and [/i][color=#000000]Maverick[/color][color=#000000], but at least this way, he wouldn't be able to target both at the same time, and would be forced to prioritize. A second beam and been shot down the stairwell that Balias and Shadi were instructed to go for, obliterating it completely. After the shot was made, Ignis hovered downward slightly and peered inside, trying to locate the two boys that were supposed to be recovering. [i]It[/i] was going to make a thorough attempt to destroy them; even if it turned the hospital into Swiss cheese in the process.[/color]

[i]They're moving.[/i] Nina stood up, gone was her expression of love and care for her aunt, in it's place was an expression that was cold and businesslike. It was time to get going now. She walked out the door, pausing one moment at the doorway to say, "Good bye, aunt." and left. She jogged down the hall towards where the Number Holders were. Nina felt some of them going down the stairway on the left and the other ones going to the right. She was closest to the left staircase and leaped down, but she had to quickly grab onto a railing and flip out of the way when an energy beam shot out beneath her. As the beam was over, she leaped down and caught a glimpse of Ignis. [i]"What [/i]is[i] that?"[/i] she thought. But she had no time to ponder, the Number Holders were still moving, fast. She caught a glimpse of the [b]Indian man[/b] she saw in the room earlier and quickened her pace to catch up. [color=#800080]"Well, hello there,"[/color] she said casually before sounding serious. [color=#800080]"Who are you and... what's going on? I hope you don't mind handing over your Number [i]right now[/i]."[/color]

Bailas and Shadi did as they were ordered and proceeded to run down left side of the hallway. Unfortunately luck was just not on their side as they both halted when they witnessed the destruction of the stairwell. Both of them shocked at the destructive power this creature had. Shadi had peered outward with the doctor and they were only a couple of stories above the ground maybe they would survive a jump. Bailas rolled his eyes as he could tell what Shadi was thinking and he fought the urge to laugh. "Well we can't go back the way we came" Bailas told Shadi know that putting the two boys together would be counter intuitive to the initial plan. So before the giant mechanical monstrosity could peek in for an inspection they simply ran down another hallway and hoped there was a stairwell father down. "Aren't we a little too old to be defying death like this?" Shadi said while running and carrying the doctor at the same time. "Well if we pass out from overexertion its quite fortunate that we are in a hospital." Bailas replied trying to add humor and keep calm in this ever tense situation.

As they were running they both heard a voice Shadi recognized their pursuer as the photographer from earlier though Bailas had no idea what this person was. Odd that the hospital wasn't being fully evacuated seeing as a giant machine just blew up a piece of it but it would make sense that other people would run away so Bailas did not give the girl that much thought. It was then that this young lady asked what was going on. As if he or Shadi knew then she quite blatantly ordered that he hand over his number. Bailas' eyes went from side as he was trying to process this information and the same goes for Shadi. Here they were running for dear life with people in their arms, a giant machine just blew-up a piece of a hospital, and this human is asking for a number. "I...I...I'm not really sure about your priorities young lady, but we happen to be in a dire situation here. I doubt my number will be of use to you now." He said while continuing to run for his very life. "However since you sound as if you won't let up on the matter here its 777-9311." Shadi and Bailas picked up their pace distancing themselves from the young lady and hopefully the giant doom machine that had almost killed them.

Nina growled as the Indian mocked her and pulled away. [color=#800080]"Don't play dumb with me. You have a Number card, I know you do!"[/color] She filed away the man's phone number as useful info for later into her brain, though it was possible the man was lying, and ran faster catch up. She changed to a curious tone of voice. [color=#800080]"What's going on and what is that thing you are running from?"[/color] She decided to stay with these guys, now was not the best time to Duel for their cards as there were laser beams shooting and able to hit them any minute here. [color=#800080]"Could it be... that that thing outside is the thing that's been going around killing Xyz users? You guys... were visiting one of the victims, weren't you..."[/color]

"Oh, I don't intend to let the universe end, but that doesn't mean I have to let you continue killing innocent people to do so. I'll fight you both if I have to - unless you care to take a more civilised approach to the problem."

By this point, Spectral seemed to be in very bad shape, and soon after collaped, now almost entirely drained of colour. Not wanting to give any more time to the 'man', and in truth somewhat tired, Jane turned and walked onwards towards the centre of the park. The other astral being was probably the owner of the other machine emperor, so there likely wasn't much to see...but there was a short man, wearing glasses, leaning against a nearby tree. Jane had the recollection that he might have spoken to her, but at the time her attention had been elsewhere, so she had no idea what it might be.

"Excuse me," she asked him, "did you say something?"

[color=#800080]At least you got your Meklord out, I didn't even get to draw mine. If any of us ever draw that card, these humans will be cowering at our feet,[/color] Sephora smirked at her comrade's comment, sharing a small inside joke. [color=#800080]You should come up here, and enjoy the show its quite funny watching Salaginto make swiss cheese out of this human building.[/color] Sephora was only barely paying attention to the finishing duel until Spectral got a huge gash at his chest, the enormity of it made Sephora grab her own chest in a reflex even though she knew it wasn't her who had just been attacked. As the mists poured out of Spectral she could only wonder if this was happening due to fact that he was part Barian.

Sunnel compelled her to go to her ally, moving with more conviction than she had in her entire life, and could only hope that the psychic link Salaginto had to them went both ways. [i][color="#800080"]A human woman has harmed Spectral... badly we are in a dire situation. [/color][/i] Even the soulless Sephora knew that she had to save Spectral, or this plan of Salaginto's would fail. With that Sephora returned her attention to Spectral who had begun convulsing, but was still conversing with the human woman seemingly unfazed by the large gash that traced down his chest. Sephora tried to help, but didn't know if she might harm Spectral even farther if she tried to touch him while his wings were pulsing sporadically and he was having what the humans would call a seizure Spectral had soon started to stop convulsing, but Sephora didn't want to get close until she knew he had stopped.

Sephora turned to the human woman, [color="#800080"]Are you proud human? From a certain view point Spectral is only doing what is necessary for the universe to survive. You human's should glorify us as gods, we are doing good it is no wonder that I want to wipe you out. Humans that I have viewed are nothing more than self centered selfish things, you are arrogant, and flaunt false power. I at least am able to serve a higher purpose than myself, and even I know the consequences of these Xyz monsters, I'm not saying that I'm virtuous, which I am not, but at least I'm intellegent, you humans are idiots. What is the human phrase, oh right sacrifice the few for the many so what are a few hundred lives for the universe, that's nothing more than a statistic get over it. Me and my colleagues are only doing what's logical. You lost your friend over this, well to bad if you like I can send you to hell right with her. Besides she got what she deserved, she was a selfish Number Holder just like the rest of you.[/color]

Spectral had finally stopped convulsing, and said something about water, so Sephora tried the psychic link again hoping Salaginto heard what she was saying, We will meet at the nearest water source, and hopefully by then Spectral would be saved. Sephora shot off hovering just above the ground, like most of her kind she was unaffected by gravity. Sephora glanced at Spectral in her arms, and for the first time noticed that the color had drained out of his body. The buildings flew by, and Sephora approached what seemed to be a forest, maybe a river or something would be in there. Sephora turned into the forest with a sharp jerk to the right, and sure enough a river was there as if it had been waiting for their arrival. Sephora slowed until she was just above the river and gently laid Spectral in it, [i][color=#800080]this better work.[/color] [/i]

Bailas and Shadi still running down random corridors of the hospital trying to escape death, hold on to some people, and placate this random human who keeps getting in the way asking questions. Its logical though seeing as one would be naturally confused in a time like this. "Your powers of observation are quite interesting." Shadi replied to the young lady. "I agree, with simple glances and knowledge of current events you seem to have quickly gathered as much as we've gathered. Yet you still ask questions." Bailas followed up. Then he actually remembered what a number card was seeing as he's never called Goldrat that before. "As for my card that you keep wanting I'm going to decline so that should stop that string of questioning and we can return to fearing for our lives." Shadi looked down another hall and saw and emergency fire escape on the side of the building. "Hey Bailas do you think you can make it down the ladder with the boy?" Shadi inquired seeing as he could easily just let the doctor who was still conscious climb down herself but Bailas had an unconscious boy to take care of. "I shall be fine we must proceed." This other girl sort of became background noise at this moment seeing as Bailas now had a life in his hand with a young lad who was unable to defend himself.

The group immediately ran for the fire escape with the order being Shadi, the Doctor, then Bailas and James. They scaled down the building rather quickly as Bailas asked James unconscious body for forgiveness because Bailas gave him the over the shoulder treatment when going down the stairs. They seemingly made it out of the hospital in one piece, but it wouldn't be fair to say they were totally safe yet the giant machine of doom could still try to fire death lasers. Both Bailas and Shadi looked around and wondered if Maverick and Zack escaped the assault in one piece.

[color=#0000CD]"Not really, just some small manner of trivial encouragement to win against him, nothing particularly important."[/color] James smiled at the young lady walking towards him, before continuing with, [color=#0000CD]"My name is James, one of the number holders, with Number 15 in my posession. The other of those spectral beings was dueling me until a couple of moments ago, but with both of them losing to us, that should at least shake their confidence somewhat."[/color] Taking off his glasses briefly, he grabbed out a cleaning cloth to wipe them clean of the moisture that had appeared on them due to Aquel's appearance.

Archived