League of Legends

Shrekstasy

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='Spike the Bloody' timestamp='1356386377' post='6101295']
I need a good tank to add to my roster. I thought about Taric, but then I thought eh.

Any suggestions?
[/quote]

Taric is more of a support than anything. He's actually one of the best supports in the game with his hard CC, heal, and passive armor bonus to him and his allies.

For tanks, I'd recommend Leona, Malphite, and Volibear.
Leona because she can take a lot of punishment with her W.
Malphite because of his passive which gets more powerful when you get more health.
And Volibear because of his trolling passive.

Not really Pantheon. His passive shield only kicks in after 4 autoattacks/ability uses, so unless you spam/stack attack speed the passive doesn't kick in as much as you'd like in order to be tanky.

[quote name='Spike the Bloody' timestamp='1356390022' post='6101370']
Aight then, I'm saving up for Rammus.

Too bad you can't buy Skins with IP. I really want that Sherwood Forest Ashe skin DX
[/quote]

I really want the Queen Ashe skin. Looks awesome and gives an appealing regal feel.
Would be fun to see King Tryndamere and Queen Ashe in the same game.

Dat Eternum Nocturne skin though. Oh my god. Do want.
*Has Gentleman Cho'Gath*

[quote name='Spike the Bloody' timestamp='1356390308' post='6101374']
Hmmm...would it be worth it to unlock Brand eventually, or is he not that good? Cus he looks badass and I want.
[/quote]

If you're able to play AP mid and can manage to unload his full combo in an instant, then he's fun.
Otherwise, meh.

I've never played him, to be honest. I only know of him because of people playing him on his free week.

[quote name='Kio-kun' timestamp='1356387575' post='6101322']
[b]Taric sucks. Do a someone like Nautilus or Pantheon[/b] .3. Hell, Shen's pretty good too since he can double as a support and is actually more useful than Taric.

This is all just my opinion though, so yeahhh xD
[/quote]

LOLOLOLOL. Sorry, but Taric does not suck in the least. He's one of the greatest supports and he's a pretty damn good tank. Pantheon is not a tank. He should not be your main tank unless the rest of your team is squishy, in which case good luck with [i]that[/i]. Nautilus sucks. People who play him might not, but as a champ he sucks. His base stats are laughable, and the fact that he's slower than a snail does not help. He just looks like a good tank cuz he's so big. Not saying he isn't a tank or anything. He's just not as good as most others out there, and he's nowhere near as good as Taric.

As for Shen, I've never seen him support, but I doubt he's more useful then Taric. A good Taric is so scary it's not even funny. Besides, Shen would most likely be jungle or top.

[quote name='Remnants' timestamp='1356401340' post='6101438']
LOLOLOLOL. Sorry, but Taric does not suck in the least. He's one of the greatest supports and he's a pretty damn good tank. Pantheon is not a tank. He should not be your main tank unless the rest of your team is squishy, in which case good luck with [i]that[/i]. Nautilus sucks. People who play him might not, but as a champ he sucks. His base stats are laughable, and the fact that he's slower than a snail does not help. He just looks like a good tank cuz he's so big. Not saying he isn't a tank or anything. He's just not as good as most others out there, and he's nowhere near as good as Taric.

As for Shen, I've never seen him support, but I doubt he's more useful then Taric. A good Taric is so scary it's not even funny. Besides, Shen would most likely be jungle or top.
[/quote]

Taric is the go-to support due to hard CC, heal, and armor. That's also why he makes a great tank.

Nautilus isn't bad, but isn't good either. He's a jungler with decent ganks because of his Staggering Blows passive, and the gap closer from his Dredge Line, as well as his CC from Riptide and the Knock-up from his ult.

I've seen Shen supports. They tend to be aggressive, give himself and his carry sustain with Vorpal Blade, and can secure a kill by taunting you while he shields himself. He can be dangerous if paired with an aggressive adc.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I don't know how you play Taric, but all the Taric's [size=3]I[/size]'[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]v[/background][/font][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]e played with or against has been absolute garbage, so that's why I feel he sucks. Pantheon is an amazing tank, you just gotta build him right. Nautilus, yeah, his speeds a major drawback, so I can't really argue there, and I DID say that that was my opinion too. Yeah, Shen's a good support, but I'm not sure how he'd be as jungle, sooo bleh .3.[/font][/background]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]As for unlocking Brand, I personally don't like him, but he's a pretty decent carry, but is garbage if you can't play him.[/font][/background][/font]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]EDIT: Oh yeah Spike, what's your League name? If I have any left over cash later, I might gift you that skin.[/font][/background]

[quote name='Kio-kun' timestamp='1356403068' post='6101447'][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#5A5A5A]Pantheon is an amazing tank, you just gotta build him right.[/color][/font][/background][/font][/font]
[/quote]

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second.

Pantheon can't tank.
He's an[i] assassin[/i].
His passive doesn't make him a tank; just an autoattack to pop his shield, burst, and he's dead.
His passive only blocks auto-attacks/turret shots, by the way. He can still be burst down by AP's.
He can't take much damage unless you use a tank build, which is pointless on him because he's meant to leap in, stun his target, spam skills, and leave/die after taking out said target.

Never understood why Riot gave him such a large shield yet made him unable to take much damage.

[quote name='Shion Kaito' timestamp='1356403674' post='6101453']
Whoa whoa whoa, hold on a second.
Pantheon can't tank.
He's an[i] assassin[/i].
His passive doesn't make him a tank; just an autoattack to pop his shield, burst, and he's dead.
His passive only blocks auto-attacks/turret shots, by the way. He can still be burst down by AP's.
He can't take much damage unless you use a tank build, which is pointless on him because he's meant to leap in, stun his target, spam skills, and leave/die after taking out said target.
Never understood why Riot gave him such a large shield yet made him unable to take much damage.
[/quote]

Close enough, we classify him as a bruiser someone who builds enough health from items like clever to take a hit or two but enough damage to keep him a heavy threat like Darius or Riven who fall under the same category.

[quote name='Rãine' timestamp='1356403892' post='6101456']
Close enough, we classify him as a bruiser someone who builds enough health from items like clever to take a hit or two but enough damage to keep him a heavy threat like Darius or Riven who fall under the same category.
[/quote]

He can be a bruiser, yes.
Not a tank.

[quote name='Shion Kaito' timestamp='1356404184' post='6101459']
He can be a bruiser, yes.
Not a tank.
[/quote]

Yep, why us Panth~ that's what Leona, Shen, Rammus, Amumu, Malphite, Etc. are all for... Don't take that away from them, it's all they have... ITS ALL THEY HAVE!

Archived