The Heart of the Cards! *Edited*

Aix

Is this card realistic and balanced? Can it actually be used?

[b]HEART-EN001 First Edition Ultimate Rare: The Heart of the Cards[/b]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/131642.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore:[/b]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]This card cannot be activated before your third turn of the Duel. You can only activate this card during your Draw Phase while you have 3000 Life Points or less, before you draw a card instead or conducting your normal draw or if you drew this card with your normal draw. Add 1 card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "The Heart of the Cards" per Duel. During the End Phase, you lose the Duel.[/size][/font][/color]

I'm on the fence about this. It's either incredibly bad or incredibly broken. It lets you search your win condition, which is a HUGE no. But then if your opponent has a single response, that's game anyways. To be safe, I'd say this card is not okay. I also don't get why you'd activate this on your first turn. You'd just lose instantly unless you had an FTK set up.

[size=3]Oh, I should've clarified, what I mean is that anything after the "[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]If you activate this card during your Draw Phase, before you draw a card or if you drew this card with your normal draw:" only happens if you activate this card during your Draw Phase, before you draw a card or if you drew this card with your normal draw. The stuff before... that was just a redraw, I suppose I should remove it.[/background][/font][/size]

Well I am inclined to say that this card is balanced; It has a major drawback (you lose at the end of turn) meaning you have to be 100% sure your opponent cannot counter it. If they can, you are pretty much lost anyways.
But on the other hand, you can search ANY card you need. While this is an interesting idea this might be too broken for some decks. (FTK decks that need 1 card to start the chain for example) but all in all this card doesn't guarantee anything while it does at the same time. (making it really hard to rate)

So I'm gonna refrain from rating until you find a way to prevent abuse, else I'm inclined to say: no, this card is too OP.

[quote name='Hydra Iron Man' timestamp='1352217414' post='6062182']
Umm, Kinda Mixture of BROKEN LIKE CRAZY cuz lets you take ANY card from your Deck and add it to your hand and B, CHANCES ARE ON YOUR 1st TURN YOU DONT HAVE 4 EXODIA PIECES. So, who wants lose the duel for 1 card? not me. The picture make 0 sense. 0/10
[/quote]

I don't think he had exodia in mind when he made this card.

Yeah, but it doesn't seem right to directly say the name of a card that this card is supposed to have no relationship with in the lore... I can't think of a way to word a restriction directly for Exodia.

Yes I did think of Exodia, just wanted to wait and see if anyone could think of a suggestion.

But more restrictions added.

The card image would sort of make sense if I put a card there... makes sort of an epic-type background for a card... too lazy to go edit it and put it there...

it seems kinda balanced, maybe if it had another cost, or maybe if your life points were lower than 3000, its good that it stops FTK decks, and you lose by the end of the turn, but you get to search ANY card from your deck... its iffy, it could be OP, but your opponent could negate it or stop whatever you have planned, nice pic btw, i love the name of this card, it makes me wonder why konami hasnt made one with this name.

6/10

[quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1352149877' post='6061487']
Is this card realistic and balanced? Can it actually be used?

[b]HEART-EN001 First Edition Ultimate Rare: The Heart of the Cards[/b]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/131642.jpg[/img]
[b]Lore:[/b]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]This card cannot be activated before your third turn of the Duel. You can only activate this card during your Draw Phase while you have 3000 Life Points or less, before you draw a card instead or conducting your normal draw or if you drew this card with your normal draw. Add 1 card from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "The Heart of the Cards" per Duel. During the End Phase, you lose the Duel.[/size][/font][/color]
[/quote]

The only bad thing about this is the automatic lose.

Hm, what if I pushed back the auto lose to until the end of your opponent's turn? This gives time for kills by traps and whatnot. Because the point of this is that its the ultimate draw! The determining factor of the duel...

Archived