The Survivors of War

[center][img]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/599/fymvh.jpg[/img][/center]
[center]
Normal Spell Card
If there are no other cards on the field: Target 1 WATER or WIND monster in your Graveyard; add it to your hand.[/center]

[center]They should continue the DT stories.[/center]
[center]Discuss the card.[/center]

Interesting how Konami is telling the DT story through cards. I believe this ocurred during the Verz vs. Constellar Arc, or at the end of it, and I'm glad to see that:
1. Gustos were not completely erradicated by Poisonous Winds.
2. Not all Gishkis were involved in the betrayal and joined the Verz, but only Noelia who always had evil intentions from the beggining. This is also supported by how a Gishki was a victim of the Verz (Gishki Shadow).

Now, about the card: Both a WIND and WATER support, interesting combination. Can we expect a WATER/WIND archetype from Konami?
But a bit difficult to activate, especially because you have to get rid of your opponent's field as well. Maybe after nuking the field with Black Rose or Deadalus? (you would have to get rid of the latter afterwards)

Concidentally, this card activates kind of how I once alleged with a friend that Emergency Call should: Only when you have no cards or monsters on the field, because it is supposed to be an [i]emergency[/i], last resort call.

@Dem: the white girl should be Gishki Advance (is Advance a girl?).

Is the art so good that u did not commonet about the effect or is the effect so bad you commont about the art.

Since wind have many return effect this may at some point be useful, but probably as many other cards the effect was not the main reason to make it.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1352472680' post='6064675']
Interesting how Konami is telling the DT story through cards. I believe this ocurred during the Verz vs. Constellar Arc, or at the end of it, and I'm glad to see that:
1. Gustos were not completely erradicated by Poisonous Winds.
2. Not all Gishkis were involved in the betrayal and joined the Verz, but only Noelia who always had evil intentions from the beggining. This is also supported by how a Gishki was a victim of the Verz (Gishki Shadow).

Now, about the card: Both a WIND and WATER support, interesting combination. Can we expect a WATER/WIND archetype from Konami?
But a bit difficult to activate, especially because you have to get rid of your opponent's field as well. Maybe after nuking the field with Black Rose or Deadalus? (you would have to get rid of the latter afterwards)

Concidentally, this card activates kind of how I once alleged with a friend that Emergency Call should: Only when you have no cards or monsters on the field, because it is supposed to be an [i]emergency[/i], last resort call.

@Dem: the white girl should be Gishki Advance (is Advance a girl?).
[/quote]

Yes its Gishki Advance. I think Advance is a boy, but I could be wrong. I'm just happy Wynn and Eria are ok. Also, why did Sophia bother with Noelia? Wasn't she partially to blame for Sophia needing to press the Reset Button?

I thought the red-haired girl was an older Emilia. But then things get weird because Ariel should be older as well, and in this card she actually looks younger than in her own card. This makes me think that this event was actually before the Verz; maybe during the Steelswarm invasion? Noelia was innocent back then (or so I think).

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1352478953' post='6064769']
I thought the red-haired girl was an older Emilia. But then things get weird because Ariel should be older as well, and in this card she actually looks younger than in her own card. This makes me think that this event was actually before the Verz; maybe during the Steelswarm invasion? Noelia was innocent back then (or so I think).
[/quote]

Eria, Wynn, and Advance could be kneeling. Maybe Noelia is just tall. The other 2 Gusto look unaged, so I think its just the position they're in that is making them look younger.

[quote name='Frex' timestamp='1352478953' post='6064769']
[/quote]
Noellia was never innocent. Learn DT lore.

The Gishki constantly antagonized the Gusto, because Mist Valley, or rather the remnants of it, were sacred ground that could fuel the Gishki Rituals. At that, Noellia was an Ice Barrier who stole the forbidden Gishki Aquamirror when Trish went batshit and froze everything. Gishki are leftover Ice Barriers that were mutated by the mirror's demonic rituals.

[quote name='Pchi' timestamp='1352469913' post='6064640']
So...
When Sophia reset the DT World, she made everyone become a Loli? Niceee...
[/quote]Avance is a boy

[quote name='Dem The Magic Dragon' timestamp='1352472344' post='6064673']
Who's the white-haired girl? I recognize everyone else...
[/quote]AVANCE! HE'S ALIVE! Yesh.

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121105234211/yugioh/images/thumb/3/37/GishkiAvance-DT07-EN-DNPR-DT.png/300px-GishkiAvance-DT07-EN-DNPR-DT.png[/img][quote name='~British Soul~' timestamp='1352482813' post='6064844']
It pretty much is Gishki Advance.
[/quote]Avance would like it if you spelled his name correctly.

Divine Wind + Accelerator on field...
Summon Wind, Return for Bird, SS blast from deck basically, get some Lv3, go into ancient fairy, kill wind and get another, go into BRD and kill field, Use this on accel for shennanigans next turn.
/shrug
It's nice, just...hard to use.

Archived