[b]A card for Synchro Support!!!! Rate please.[/b]

[img]http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6941/dragonkingsynchrolord.jpg[/img]
Lore-

[u][i][b]Dragon King- Synchro Lord[/b][/i][/u]

[b][i]Dragon/Synchro/Effect[/i][/b]

[b][i]Level - 12 (not 10)[/i][/b]

[b][i]ATK- 4500 / DEF- 4500[/i][/b]

[b][i]2 Synchro Tuner monsters + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
This card cannot be Special Summmoned by the effect of "Dragon King- Synchro Lord". The Synchro Summon of this card cannot be negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: Pay 1500 Life Points; Special Summon 1 Synchro monster from your Extra Deck with level equal to or less than this card. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's effect. If this card is removed from the field, all monsters Summoned by this card's effect(in the Field or Graveyard) and this card return to the Extra Deck.[/i][/b]

Effect EDIT-

[b][i]2 Synchro Tuner monsters + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
The Synchro Summon of this card cannot be negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: Pay 1500 Life Points; Special Summon 1 Synchro monster(except "Dragon King- Synchro Lord") from your Extra Deck with level equal to or less than 8. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's effect. If this card is removed from the field, all monsters Summoned by this card's effect(on the Field or in the Graveyard), if any, and this card return to the Extra Deck.[/i][/b]

Changes- Level is restricted to 8. (except "Dragon King- Synchro Lord") is added and the first part is removed. Minor Grammar.

Fun fact: This card is 99% impossible to Summon without cards that mess with Levels such as Star Blast. Formula is Limited, Formula+Wonder Magician leaves you with only 3 Levels to go, and nothing but Turbo Cannon can fill that in (and that's not generic). And the last Synchro Tuner is Life Stream Dragon, which is Level 8 and therefore couldn't be used with this anyway.

Impossibilities aside, this card looks pretty meh (outside of the insanely huge ATK). You exchange your functional Synchros with ones that just punch things in the face, and you could [i]probably[/i] use that for Xyz shenanigans, but it is much more often easier to just get the Levels right the first time. The most this has going for it is the BEUD ATK and the fact that your opponent can't Warning this (which they can just do to one of your other Synchros very easily). Other than that, it's not "OP maybe." It's more like "Some card that should earn you extra points in Tag Force games for pulling off."

This really says all sychros become vanilla's which is sad because you don't really want that of most synchros. Secondly as addressed before its such a choir to get out that even if you did that's 4 out of the 15 slots in your extra deck and you have to burn through other synchro's just to make his effect work. Third I'm not sure on the bonus of being treated as a synchro summon when you strip away their effects. Maybe its that stardust may still get to go off or something. Really the hindrance of the card is its requirements. Change those and there may be hope for it.

OK... I see your point. I'll change the requirements and edit it a little. I'll not be chainging the image, only the written part.

And here is a Synchro Tuner monster for the lack of them. It is in the orange background cuz I could not put the Synchro bg on yugico(which I used because the YCM creator was not working for me).

Rate!
[img]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/831/eoneeyedslime.jpg[/img]

Lore-

[b][i][u]One-Eyed Slime[/u][/i][/b]

[b][i]Fiend/Synchro/Tuner[/i][/b]

[b][i]Level- 5[/i][/b]

[b][i]ATK- 2500 / DEF- 1800[/i][/b]

[b][i]1 LIGHT Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
Each time a Synchro monster is Summoned to the Field, this card's controller gains 500 Life Points. If this card is sent to the Graveyard for the Synchro Summon of a monster, Draw 1 card and gain 500 Life Points.[/i][/b]

The main problem here is, to start off, real high ATK. Then again, given the cost, it DOES deserve power, but honestly, it should lower to something like 4000. Worse, it can easily grab ANY Synchro monster from the deck, with a high cost, but it STAYS on the field, dealing even more damage. Sure, it says that the monster has to have equal to or less than 12 levels, but that doesn't narrow anything at all. You can easily grab a couple hard-to-summon cards, like Shooting Star and Red Nova Dragons, and trample your opponent's Life Points without any trouble. If the other guy's gonna play Mirror Force, and you know it, you're obvious choice it Stardust. There's a handful of Synchros for every situation, and this card brings 'em.

Here's my effect revision for Dragon King - Synchro Lord.

The Synchro Summon of this card cannot be negated. Once per turn, during either player's turn: Pay 1500 Life Points; Special Summon 1 Synchro monster (except "Dragon King - Synchro Lord") from your Extra Deck with level equal to or less than this card, ignoring Summoning conditions. Cards and effects cannot be activated in response to this card's effect. If this card is removed from the field, return all monster(s) Summoned by this card's effect(on the Field or in the Graveyard) and this card return to the Extra Deck.

@Random

There are Lvl 12 monsters with 5000 atk which are easier to summon, with cards which support them heavily like five-headed dragon. Yes, most lvl 12 are 4000, but i think 4500 is ok. It cannot be destroyed by any monster except Light. In DK- SL i [i]reduced[/i] its atk by 500 but gave it some stron(very strong) effect. But now, i changed the effect to reduce power and prevent the bringing of hard cost monsters like Nova. Quasar would not be able to be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon, so its not a problem. Though Shooting Star could be. Yes, the Stardust would be usefu, but its only a one-use deal since, since it was not a Sync Summon, it won't be able to be Summoned back from the Grave.

@Pegasus

May I know what [i]effect [/i]changes you have made? I see only OCG corrections and a few wording changes. And, I did not want it to ignore summoning conditions. It wold make it too powerful.

I suppose it could work without throw " ignore summoning conditions." but you might want to work in "this counts as a synchro summoning". A good example of a simulator effect is Instant Fusion.
[IMG]http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o620/yugiohcardcollector1/YuGiOh%20Ra%20Yellow%20Mega%20Pack%20Collection/DSC00244.jpg[/IMG]

I [i]had[/i] done that before but changed it later. You see, if it is being treated as a Synchro Summon, it would be able to be SSed from the grave. That would make it too powerful. Stardust, if SSed from its effect, would be able to use its effect [i]and[/i] be summoned from the grave to use its effect some more. Read the text written in the image/card. That was the original effect. From suggestions and thought, i have changed it.

• 11 months later...

make it easier to summon, and when its removed from the field, it, and all monsters summoned by it's effect are banished. "this card can't be special summoned while removed from play", or something to that effect.

i think the easyest way to make this card easier to summon would be to switch the req. to "one Tuner syncro monster + 2 non-tuner syncro monsters" that way, formula syncron, plus a lvl 6, and a lvl 4, and boom! you get to waste all of your life points to special summon beatsticks.

Archived