Yu-Gi-Oh! - The Spirit of Christmas [Accepting/PG-13/IC]

Aix

Ms. Strife dropped to her knees in defeat. Rudolph had finished the other person as well and was walking over. [color=#8b4513]"You're pretty good!" [/color]exclaimed Rudolph. [color=#8b4513]"Well that was easy. Let's get back now. The train should be able to go on without us now. Kaiba Corp only ever sends one team to finish off a train, we should be able to take a break here..."[/color] Rudolph looked at Valerie. [color=#8b4513]"So, Vv, is there anywhere you'd particularly want to..."[/color] Rudolph's cellphone rang (to the tune of Rudolph the Red-Nose Reindeer, of course) and he quickly picked up the call. [color=#8b4513]"Huh? Kurellia? You want us to go there now?"[/color] Rudolph paused to let the other person speak. [color=#8b4513]"Alright. Okay... No, I don't need a helicopter to pick me up, you guys go right on ahead, I'll catch up with you guys. 'Kay, bye."[/color] Rudolph turned back to Valerie. [color=#8b4513]"Dr. Mason wants us to go to Kurellia... How would you like... to actually ride a Reindeer?"[/color] Seeing Valerie's surprised/confused expression, Rudolph smiled. He took out one of his cards and swung it out to the side. [color=#8b4513]"Come Dasher!"[/color] A gate opened up and a large reindeer with a double saddle leaped out. Rudolph climbed on and extended a hand for Valerie to climb on behind him. When she was safely secured behind him, he turned the reindeer so that it faced the south. [color="#8b4513"]"Ready? Hold on tight! Go, Dasher! Full speed ahead!"[/color] The reindeer leaped up impossibly high and began to fly. [color=#8b4513]"ONWARDS!"[/color]
[hr]
[color=#008080]"Dr. Mason does not simply let anyone use the Duel Portal. There is only the people who he really trusts and really trusts not to use the power for evil who get to use it to bring their cards to life,"[/color] said Ellie. [color=#008080]"If you work hard, you'll be able to manifest yours perhaps."[/color] She was going to say more but just then, the invasion started and Grimm appeared in the doorway and they all stood up. Ellie grimaced and said.[color=#008080] "I'll trust you to take care of this one. I don't detect another Duelist nearby, he should be the only one... See you in Kurellia, Mister."[/color] She pulled two cards out of her pocket and called out. [color=#008080]"Mewlfeuille! Messengelato!"[/color] A kitty and a letter boy appeared. [color=#008080]"One Madolche Ticket please! Full speed to Kurellia, thank you very much!"[/color] The boy tipped his hat. "Aye, Madame Kai-" Ellie pushed the kid. [color=#008080]"Just get going!"[/color] A magic carpet appeared. It turned out to be a fancy-looking train ticket. [color=#008080]"Good bye."[/color] Elizabeth Kaizer and her Duel Spirits flew out of the train leaving E alone to deal with Grimm.

E barely had time to respond to the arrogant intrusion of the cloaked man before Ellie had seemingly had enough of the situation and left rather abruptly. He muttered under his breath about her lack of willingness to do her job but secretly reveled in the opportunity to duel someone whose confidence would make him fun to beat, should that happen of course.

[color=#006400]"C'mon now, why wouldn't I wanna play it again? You's really think that you's can have that kinda effect on somebody? Who are you's, ya wise guy? Ya know what, I don't even care that much. All I gots to know is that you'[/color][color=#006400]s ain't s'posed to be in that car there. Prepare to meet your maker, bub." [/color]E's watch transformed into his signature, stark-white duel disk and his gazer popped down from his hat as he grabbed his deck from its holster and inserted it into its slot. He smiled as he turned to the man and said, [color=#006400]"You's think you're ready for me? I'll go first, since you're the big, bad duelist and all. Hahah--" [/color]He stifled his laughter and drew his five cards, then the sixth to signify his starting the duel. The number 4000 flashed above the heads of both players.

E began his turn, [color=#006400]"First, I'm gonna Set 2 cards in my back row. Then, I'll Normal Summon my E-Star H-Squad Soldier. Now, I'll use the effect of E-Star Egg Grenadier in my hand to discard it and add 2 Egg COunters to my Soldier. Next up, I'll activate the quick play spell Egg Surprise! Reinforcements! By removing 2 Egg Counters on my side of the field, I can Special Summon a Level 4 or lower E-Star from my grave and put 1 Egg Counter on it. I guess I have to choose Grenadier in face-up Defense Position. Also, when he gets an Egg Counter placed on him, 200 damage goes to the likes of you's." [/color]The two bestial and cartoonish warriors appeared on the field before the one with the lance launched a blast of energy at the cloaked man, causing his Life Points to decrease slightly.

[color=#006400]"Now I hope you's didn't think I was done yet, cause I ain't. And t' prove it, I'm gonna tune my Soldier with Grenadier to Synchro Summon E-Star Corporal Bigear to the field! He places 1 Egg Counter on all my Monsters when he's Synchro Summoned, meaning he has 2. That makes his attack ring in at 'bout 2100. Next comes my normal spell, Gifted Egg. By paying 1000 Life Points I can add 1 Beast, Beast-Warrior or Winged-Beast Monster from my deck to my hand. On top o' that, if it's an E-Star Monster, I can show you's t' put 2 more Egg Counters on a Monster I control. So take a look at my E-Star Egg-Raider in my hand now. Then, Bigear gets those 2 Egg Counters, making a total o' 4 on 'im and his attack 2300," [/color]
he informed his opponent before finishing, "[color=#006400]Your turn now."[/color]
----------------------------------------------
(Opp?): 4000-->3800

E: 4000-->3000
H: 1
M: 1 Attack (Synchro-4-2300, 4 EggCtr.)
S/T: 2 facedown
G: 4 (2 M, 2 S)
[spoiler='Cards Used']
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/132583.jpg[/img][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/131276.jpg[/img][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/131009.jpg[/img][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/130987.jpg[/img][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/132584.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Grimm was surprised when one of his potential opponents left and to make it even stranger she seemed to fly away on a magic carpet which was the second most out there thing he'd ever seen. During Grimm's opponent's first turn he had actually damaged to burn Grimm but now smirked it was his turn to fight back.
[color=#800080]"I'll start by summoning Grimm Assassin from my hand, because you controlled more monsters then I did she was able to Special Summon herself with her effect, next I'll normal summon Grimm Ghost and with his effect I match his level to my Grimm Assassin, now I'll tune my now level 3 Grimm Ghost with my level 3 Grimm Assassin, Light who has fallen to darkness show yourself and reveal your new form Synchro Summon Grim Dark Angel! Next I'll equip your E-Star Corporal Bigear with the Grimm Siren in my hand and with her effect each time you draw a card he will lose 500 attack, then I'll end things by setting 1 card. Now with Grim Dark Angel's effect I gain 800 life points."[/color]

Life: 4600
Hand: 2
Mon: Grimm Dark Angel(DEF: 2200)
S/T: 1 FD, Grimm Siren(Equipped to E-Star Corporal Bigear)
Grave: 2
[spoiler=Grimm Cards][url="http://yugico.com/user/22045-trimage/card/33550-Grimm"]http://yugico.com/us...ard/33550-Grimm[/url][/spoiler]

The wanderer, they branded him. Slowly trudging through the snow, with a heavy face and pant, he stole a moment to turn back and gaze upon his shoe prints. From the lengthy trail, anyone could guess that he had been traveling, running maybe. This was the mark of a criminal, not this man. This wandering enigma was once known as Simeon Ray. 22 years old, and of average build, he had grown a sad immunity to the cold over his lifetime. He could not bear to look to the past anymore, consumed by his morbid hatred for the people of Spiral City. Spiral City. Nothing more than a bad dream. A fragmented memory.

Simeon finally heaved a turn around and found himself pondering his existence, as per usual. And he drew a blank, as per usual. At that moment, a great monument presented itself in front of him. Exhausted, he pushed himself to the point of running towards this possible opportunity to prove himself. He had come too far to squander this. Simeon had only heard of this place in whispers during his time in the care homes, so he had traveled from Spiral City all the way to Polar Star City by train, then walked the rest after running out of money. He was shunned off of the train, one more example of the ruthless attitude of those around him. This, he felt was the last of a long line of opportunities for a peaceful life.

He could not fail this time round.

Throwing in his last iota of strength into shoving the doors open, he near fainted afterwards, only for the doorman at ChristMas Charity Corp to pick him up and hear his last words before he fainted:

"I... Need... Mr... Mason..."

Exhaustion took over and Simeon's sight slowly clouded into nothingness...

[spoiler='Replying to:'][quote name='S-Jam' timestamp='1353799455' post='6077009']
The wanderer, they branded him. Slowly trudging through the snow, with a heavy face and pant, he stole a moment to turn back and gaze upon his shoe prints. From the lengthy trail, anyone could guess that he had been traveling, running maybe. This was the mark of a criminal, not this man. This wandering enigma was once known as Simeon Ray. 22 years old, and of average build, he had grown a sad immunity to the cold over his lifetime. He could not bear to look to the past anymore, consumed by his morbid hatred for the people of Spiral City. Spiral City. Nothing more than a bad dream. A fragmented memory.

Simeon finally heaved a turn around and found himself pondering his existence, as per usual. And he drew a blank, as per usual. At that moment, a great monument presented itself in front of him. Exhausted, he pushed himself to the point of running towards this possible opportunity to prove himself. He had come too far to squander this. Simeon had only heard of this place in whispers during his time in the care homes, so he had traveled from Spiral City all the way to Polar Star City by train, then walked the rest after running out of money. He was shunned off of the train, one more example of the ruthless attitude of those around him. This, he felt was the last of a long line of opportunities for a peaceful life.

He could not fail this time round.

Throwing in his last iota of strength into shoving the doors open, he near fainted afterwards, only for the doorman at ChristMas Charity Corp to pick him up and hear his last words before he fainted:

"I... Need... Mr... Mason..."

Exhaustion took over and Simeon's sight slowly clouded into nothingness...
[/quote][/spoiler]

(OoC: @S-Jam: Seeing as you took the train, which would take no super-great physical toll, I'll take it that you are starving as well.)

Dr. Christopher Mason's cellphone rang. It was the doorman. He accepted the call. "Hello, Mr. Gates. Is there a problem?" asked Dr. Mason in a patient, reassuring voice. The only time where the doorman called him personally was during emergencies.
"Yes, sir! There's some guy collapsed on the doorstep and he says he's gotta see ya!" cried the doorman.
Dr. Mason paused a moment to take this in. "I see. Well, bring him in. I'll get the doctor."
"Aye aye," said the doorman, hanging up. He heaved the limp body through the door. He was not a young man any more, coming close to his retirement year, but unfortunately, he did not have enough to live comfortably without working. He had no children, his wife died long ago in a car accident when she was pregnant. Dr. Mason had promised him money to retire if he just worked as the doorman, he heartily agreed to this miraculous deal.
[hr]
"So what do we have here?" said Mark Kahuna, stroking his ruffled beard. "A kid, huh? No, a [i]Duelist[/i]. You reckon he's here for employment?"
"That would be the most likely scenario," agreed Dr. Mason, nodding sagely.
"He happens to be suffering from hunger combined with cold and plenty of exhaustion," said the physician sitting beside Simeon. "He should be coming around soon."
Dr. Mason nodded. "Leafa! Go get us some hot chocolate with a warm meal." A blonde little elf flashed into existance and rushed into the hall. The men stayed there in silence, waiting for Simeon to wake up. Mark Kahuna was perhaps the most perspective of them and noticed when Simeon's eyelids fluttered ever so slightly.
"He's waking," cried the old surfer. Sure enough, Simeon moved some more before completely opening his eyes.
"Well hello there," said Dr. Mason. "What is your name?" Leafa returned with a tray, which atop was a small roast and a mug of hot chocolate. "Well, here we are," said Dr. Mason. "Thank you, Leafa. You may return now." The elf nodded and backed away, which then she disappeared. "Here, have something to eat." Mark Kahuna helped the guy up into a sitting position and Dr. Mason passed the tray into Simeon's lap. "Eat first. Then, we can talk."

[spoiler='Replying to:'][quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1353801372' post='6077031']

(OoC: @S-Jam: Seeing as you took the train, which would take no physical toll, I'll take it that you are starving.)

Dr. Christopher Mason's cellphone rang. It was the doorman. He accepted the call. "Hello, Mr. Gates. Is there a problem?" asked Dr. Mason in a patient, reassuring voice. The only time where the doorman called him personally was during emergencies.
"Yes, sir! There's some guy collapsed on the doorstep and he says he's gotta see ya!" cried the doorman.
Dr. Mason paused a moment to take this in. "I see. Well, bring him in. I'll get the doctor."
"Aye aye," said the doorman, hanging up. He heaved the limp body through the door. He was not a young man any more, coming close to his retirement year, but unfortunately, he did not have enough to live comfortably without working. He had no children, his wife died long ago in a car accident when she was pregnant. Dr. Mason had promised him money to retire if he just worked as the doorman, he heartily agreed to this miraculous deal.
[hr]
"So what do we have here?" said Mark Kahuna, stroking his ruffled beard. "A kid, huh? No, a [i]Duelist[/i]. You reckon he's here for employment?"
"That would be the most likely scenario," agreed Dr. Mason, nodding sagely.
"He happens to be suffering from hunger combined with cold and plenty of exhaustion," said the physician sitting beside Simeon. "He should be coming around soon."
Dr. Mason nodded. "Leafa! Go get us some hot chocolate with a warm meal." A blonde little elf flashed into existance and rushed into the hall. The men stayed there in silence, waiting for Simeon to wake up. Mark Kahuna was perhaps the most perspective of them and noticed when Simeon's eyelids fluttered ever so slightly.
"He's waking," cried the old surfer. Sure enough, Simeon moved some more before completely opening his eyes.
"Well hello there," said Dr. Mason. "What is your name?" Leafa returned with a tray, which atop was a small roast and a mug of hot chocolate. "Well, here we are," said Dr. Mason. "Thank you, Leafa. You may return now." The elf nodded and backed away, which then she disappeared. "Here, have something to eat." Mark Kahuna helped the guy up into a sitting position and Dr. Mason passed the tray into Simeon's lap. "Eat first. Then, we can talk."
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Simeon, taken aback by this showing of good grace and kindness, hesitated to act initially. Then he realized just how hungry he felt, and ate with a lack of manners that would make a hobo nearly throw up. He picked up 2 large pieces and literally stuffed them into the right side of his mouth, then chomped down with a force that would snap a bone without any trouble. Just the sight of the food gave him strength enough to lift a 2 ton weight. Seeing the looks of surprise on the faces of the surrounding people in the room, he slowly placed the meat back down on the plate and picked up the knife and fork and ate like a gentleman, all the while fighting back the tears welling up in his eyes. Once he had finished eating, he turned to the eldest in the room, Dr Mason and explained his story:

"My name is Simeon Ray. I'm here from Spiral City, but lets just say I want payback on Kaiba and his men for making me suffer. I have horrible memories of that place..." He continued to sip and eat at regular intervals during the conversation, almost rhythmically. "I'm here for a job as a duelist, but this was just... Thank you. Not many people show me such a kindness."

Tears welled up in his eyes again and one rolled down his cheek. Embarrassed, he dropped the knife and hurriedly wiped his cheek with his sleeve, wet from the melted snow, leaving a smeared mixture of coat fluff and water. Simeon had always been one to hide his emotions, but never like this. He finished off his hot chocolate and placed the tray on the bed, got up and nearly fell over from fatigue. He then straightened himself out.

"Yeah!" Valerie screamed with joy as soon as she saw that her attacks hit successfully. "Well I guess it's time to continue eat..." Valerie was cut short when Rudolph's phone rang. Apparently they were going to go somewhere else. Valerie was confused when Rudolph said that they need a helicopter, how else would they get there. Her confusion was added on when Rudolph asked about riding a reindeer. It was even more added on when Rudolph actually conjured up an actual reindeer. "How the?" Valerie said as Rudolph got on and extended his hand to help her up. She took his hand and got on without any questions.

When Rudolph mentioned holding on tight Valerie wrapped her arms around his abdomen, and locked her hands together. She also buried her face into Rudolph's back, scared that she might fall. During the first few second of the flight she mumbled to herself "I'm going to die" over and over. After a while she realized what she was doing, hugging Rudolph. Her pale face turned a bright red, luckily for her Rudolph wasn't able to see her. She didn't let go though, as the small fear of falling was still in her. "So...so uhm. How do you have a flying reindeer?" Valerie asked nervously.

[spoiler='Replying to:'][quote name='S-Jam' timestamp='1353802890' post='6077049']
[spoiler='Replying to:']
[/spoiler]

Simeon, taken aback by this showing of good grace and kindness, hesitated to act initially. Then he realized just how hungry he felt, and ate with a lack of manners that would make a hobo nearly throw up. He picked up 2 large pieces and literally stuffed them into the right side of his mouth, then chomped down with a force that would snap a bone without any trouble. Just the sight of the food gave him strength enough to lift a 2 ton weight. Seeing the looks of surprise on the faces of the surrounding people in the room, he slowly placed the meat back down on the plate and picked up the knife and fork and ate like a gentleman, all the while fighting back the tears welling up in his eyes. Once he had finished eating, he turned to the eldest in the room, Dr Mason and explained his story:

"My name is Simeon Ray. I'm here from Spiral City, but lets just say I want payback on Kaiba and his men for making me suffer. I have horrible memories of that place..." He continued to sip and eat at regular intervals during the conversation, almost rhythmically. "I'm here for a job as a duelist, but this was just... Thank you. Not many people show me such a kindness."

Tears welled up in his eyes again and one rolled down his cheek. Embarrassed, he dropped the knife and hurriedly wiped his cheek with his sleeve, wet from the melted snow, leaving a smeared mixture of coat fluff and water. Simeon had always been one to hide his emotions, but never like this. He finished off his hot chocolate and placed the tray on the bed, got up and nearly fell over from fatigue. He then straightened himself out.
[/quote][/spoiler]

Dr. Mason felt warm inside from helping another person in need. Leafa popped back and handed Simeon a handkerchief. [color=#ff0000]"Hm... I've already sent off a wave of supply trains so I can't get you to just go guard those... I don't, unfortunately, have any jobs for you at the moment," [/color]said Dr. Mason.[color=#ff0000] "Don't worry, just hang around for a bit and..." [/color]The ground tremored ever so slightly. Dr. Mason's cellphone rang again, playing his "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" ringtone, and he took it out of his pocket. Seeing the caller ID, he creased his eyebrows. It was the doorman again. [color=#ff0000]"Mr. Gates? Do we have another starved and tired person collapsed at our doorstep?"[/color] asked Dr. Mason with a hint of humor in his voice.
"No sir! But, we happen to have a giant robot at our gate who happens to be screaming your name. It has the Kaiba Corp logo on it. I think this is an attack!" cried the doorman frantically. "What do I do?"
[color=#ff0000]"Mr. Gates, just wait there,"[/color] said Dr. Mason seriously. He turned to the others.[color=#ff0000] "I'll be right back."[/color]
[color=#0000ff]"No, no, no, Chris,"[/color] said Mark Kahuna.[color=#0000ff] "This guy's going for your life here, we can't have you go take care of him." [/color]Mark looked at Simeon. [color=#0000ff]"It's [i]your [/i]time to shine here."[/color]
Dr. Mason pondered this, then nodded. [color=#ff0000]"Well I'll be depending on you. Let's all get out there to see what's happening. I'd like to see this giant robot for myself." [/color]They all got outside to view the commotion. True to Mr. Gates' word, there was a 30 feet tall, gold and white robot with a giant duel disk.
"I've been awaiting for you, Christopher Mason," a sneering voice came out of the loudspeakers on the mech. "Feast your eyes on the Duel Mech!"
Mark pushed Simeon forwards. [color=#0000ff]"Go now, lad."[/color]
The person in the mech seemed confused. "You want me to duel this kid? No way! Mason, I will take you down!" But Dr. Mason did not move and the person in the mech sighed audibly. "Alright, kid, let's see what you've got. You can go first."
[hr]
[spoiler='Replying to:'][quote name='Piercer of the Heavens' timestamp='1353820394' post='6077261']
"Yeah!" Valerie screamed with joy as soon as she saw that her attacks hit successfully. "Well I guess it's time to continue eat..." Valerie was cut short when Rudolph's phone rang. Apparently they were going to go somewhere else. Valerie was confused when Rudolph said that they need a helicopter, how else would they get there. Her confusion was added on when Rudolph asked about riding a reindeer. It was even more added on when Rudolph actually conjured up an actual reindeer. "How the?" Valerie said as Rudolph got on and extended his hand to help her up. She took his hand and got on without any questions.

When Rudolph mentioned holding on tight Valerie wrapped her arms around his abdomen, and locked her hands together. She also buried her face into Rudolph's back, scared that she might fall. During the first few second of the flight she mumbled to herself "I'm going to die" over and over. After a while she realized what she was doing, hugging Rudolph. Her pale face turned a bright red, luckily for her Rudolph wasn't able to see her. She didn't let go though, as the small fear of falling was still in her. "So...so uhm. How do you have a flying reindeer?" Valerie asked nervously.
[/quote][/spoiler]
[color=#8b4513]"Ah, you see this?"[/color] Rudolph extended his hand with the watch. There was a slot for three cards there, even when the Duel Disk was not active. Valerie could see that Rudolph had inserted "Nine Reindeer - Dasher" in one of the slots.[color=#8b4513] "It is a portable manifestation gate. You have to synchronize your cards with the big machine first, but from there on in, you can bring out your Duel Spirits anywhere."[/color] He paused thinking of how to make more conversation. [color=#8b4513]"I'm sorry we didn't really get to finish our meals. I was also going to show you some of the sights around the North. I was born in the ol' Spiral City, not on the Spiral, mind you, though Dr. Mason was... anyway I was born in Spiral City but I like it here better. I know the North like the back of my hand now."[/color] He turned his head to look at Valerie. [color=#8b4513]"So, Vv, where are [i]you[/i] from?"[/color] he asked. They chatted on. Rudolph would often break their conversation point below at towns, cities and landmarks. They were going extremely fast, and the scenery passed in a flash, barely visible. After about an hour, the reindeer slowed down.

[color=#8b4513]"We're coming close to Kurellia,"[/color] said Rudolph.[color=#8b4513] "Ever been to Kurellia? It's a cool place, with astonishing scenes and ruins, but so sad. It's really just ruins of a great civilisation. People there are poor, poorer than people in Spiral City. They die of hunger all the time and the government don't care. This is the first place we've helped. Some of the people who we've helped went on to become great Duelists and they come back to support their less unfortunate friends and neighbors... that is a seed planted by Dr. Mason. It's like a ripple in a pond. You drop the stone of charity and giving into the middle and the ripple spreads... Eventually, it even comes back... that's what's called karma, I guess."[/color] They both gazed towards the city. It was very big, located mostly in a massive mountain valley, though the town hall, which really just was really a renovated and refurnished palace, was located on a plateau. [color=#8b4513]"There's been someone here getting rid of the people we've been helping. Kidnapping them... Let me let you in on a secret. Ever heard of the Divine Trinities? The Three God Cards? The Sacred Beasts? The Wicked Gods? Yeah, those cards are history, they've disappeared, but there is an ancient evil that has yet to be unearthed. The Sin Three. The Miser, the Tyrant and the Betrayer. Then, when together, they bring out the big guy, the Devourer. But anyway, one of the three is supposed to be hidden in the ruins somewhere. Dr. Mason thinks it's connected because legend says you need the souls of a thousand Duelists to awaken one of the Sins."[/color]

They landed in the middle of a bazaar in the town's main plaza in from of the stairs that lead up to the town hall. People paused what they were doing to look at the scene in astonishment.[color=#8b4513] "Not everyday you see a flying reindeer, huh?" [/color]said Rudolph smiling. He helped Valerie off the reindeer before letting the reindeer dissipated back to it's home plane. [color=#8b4513]"Ellie Kaizer's supposed to be here somewhere. I tried calling her, but her phone's turned off... Hm..." [/color]They walked around. [color=#8b4513]"I suppose we could buy a meal here before we carry on. I have a GPS on my phone, what kind of restaurant do you want to go to?"[/color]

[spoiler='Replying to:'][quote name='AixDivadis' timestamp='1353853832' post='6077484']

Dr. Mason felt warm inside from helping another person in need. Leafa popped back and handed Simeon a handkerchief. [color=#ff0000]"Hm... I've already sent off a wave of supply trains so I can't get you to just go guard those... I don't, unfortunately, have any jobs for you at the moment," [/color]said Dr. Mason.[color=#ff0000] "Don't worry, just hang around for a bit and..." [/color]The ground tremored ever so slightly. Dr. Mason's cellphone rang again, playing his "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" ringtone, and he took it out of his pocket. Seeing the caller ID, he creased his eyebrows. It was the doorman again. [color=#ff0000]"Mr. Gates? Do we have another starved and tired person collapsed at our doorstep?"[/color] asked Dr. Mason with a hint of humor in his voice.
"No sir! But, we happen to have a giant robot at our gate who happens to be screaming your name. It has the Kaiba Corp logo on it. I think this is an attack!" cried the doorman frantically. "What do I do?"
[color=#ff0000]"Mr. Gates, just wait there,"[/color] said Dr. Mason seriously. He turned to the others.[color=#ff0000] "I'll be right back."[/color]
[color=#0000ff]"No, no, no, Chris,"[/color] said Mark Kahuna.[color=#0000ff] "This guy's going for your life here, we can't have you go take care of him." [/color]Mark looked at Simeon. [color=#0000ff]"It's [i]your [/i]time to shine here."[/color]
Dr. Mason pondered this, then nodded. [color=#ff0000]"Well I'll be depending on you. Let's all get out there to see what's happening. I'd like to see this giant robot for myself." [/color]They all got outside to view the commotion. True to Mr. Gates' word, there was a 30 feet tall, gold and white robot with a giant duel disk.
"I've been awaiting for you, Christopher Mason," a sneering voice came out of the loudspeakers on the mech. "Feast your eyes on the Duel Mech!"
Mark pushed Simeon forwards. [color=#0000ff]"Go now, lad."[/color]
The person in the mech seemed confused. "You want me to duel this kid? No way! Mason, I will take you down!" But Dr. Mason did not move and the person in the mech sighed audibly. "Alright, kid, let's see what you've got. You can go first."
[/quote][/spoiler]

Simeon, still slightly drowsy from fatigue, picked up his purple and grey duel disk and attached it to his arm. He looked at his duel disk longingly, before realising he was in a duel for the first time in nearly 6 months. He had carried a duel disk around for nearly 6 months. Nevertheless, he drew his first hand masterfully.

"So I'll start then" He proclaimed as he drew his first card. Simeon froze at the sight of the card he drew. It was the card he was given on his 18th birthday by Monitai Husensu, his deceased adopted father. "I'll set 1 monster, and I'll end my turn. Know now that you will not hurt anyone in this building after this duel. Your fate is already sealed."

Field: 1 set def-position Monster

Hand: 5 cards

E drew a card to begin his turn as normal, which unfortunately meant that Bigear's ATK stat decreased by 500. [color=#006400][i]No worries, [/i][/color]thought Elijah to himself, [color=#006400][i]There are plenty of options to get out of this mess. [/i][/color]After glancing at his hands for a few moments, E grinned as if he had figured something out.

[color=#006400]"All right then, let's do this. I remove three Egg Counters from Bigear to Special Summon my E-Star H-Squad Scout using its own effect. Also, since he got Special Summoned by this effect, you lose 200 Life Points. Then, Scout gets his own Egg Counter when he is summoned, meanin' he's got 600 attack now." [/color]A rabbit-humanoid warrior holding daggers appeared on the field and saluted the higher ranking officer rabbit-warrior next to it. [color=#006400]"Now that I have them both on the field, I'll tune em together t' bring on out E-Star General Luckyfoot!" [/color]This time, a very ornately dressed rabbit-warrior emerged from the spinning helix where Corporal Bigear had just stood and Scout had just transformed into two floating stars. It had dark grey armor that stood as a stark contrast to its white fur. [color=#006400]"Now Luckyfoot's effect kicks in and he gets just as many Egg Counters as his materials, meanin' he has 2, which means 2600 attack. However, your Siren gets summoned t' your side o' the field in face-up Defense Position, am I right? Well Luckyfoot is gonna attack your Grimm Siren, and when he attacks I get to place 1 Egg Counter, but I gotta pick him. Now he has three of 'em, making his attack 2700 before he destroys your Siren." [/color]The rabbit-warrior grew to a slightly larger size in the midst of his charge and swung a blade at the maiden, causing it to dissipate into bits of data. It was only then that E saw the facedown card in his opponent's back row...

(OoC: Response window, Varian.)
-----------------------------------------------
???:4600-->4400

E: 3000
H: 1
M: 1 Attack (Synchro-2400-->2700-{3 EggCtr.})
S/T: 2 facedown
G: 6 (4 M, 2 S)
[spoiler='Cards Used']
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/132582.jpg[/img][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/132587.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Replying to:'][quote name='S-Jam' timestamp='1353862433' post='6077575']
[spoiler='Replying to:'][/spoiler]

Simeon, still slightly drowsy from fatigue, picked up his purple and grey duel disk and attached it to his arm. He looked at his duel disk longingly, before realising he was in a duel for the first time in nearly 6 months. He had carried a duel disk around for nearly 6 months. Nevertheless, he drew his first hand masterfully.

"So I'll start then" He proclaimed as he drew his first card. Simeon froze at the sight of the card he drew. It was the card he was given on his 18th birthday by Monitai Husensu, his deceased adopted father. "I'll set 1 monster, and I'll end my turn. Know now that you will not hurt anyone in this building after this duel. Your fate is already sealed."

Field: 1 set def-position Monster

Hand: 5 cards
[/quote][/spoiler]

The guy in the mech frowned, though no one could see it. He had hoped that his opponent would have a face-up card, but it was no matter. He knew many people started off cautious with a face-down and had a card specially for the purpose of removing the face-downs. "I Summon Ally of Justice Nightstalker!" he cried. A pitch black biped drone fell from the sky and landed perfectly. "Now I activate 'Justice Battlefield', all of your monsters become LIGHT monsters due to the fact that all my monsters are DARK! I now activate Nightstalker's effect and flip your monster face-up. Flip Effects are not activated and your monster is destroyed!" The guy in the mech was grinning now. "Because a LIGHT monster has been sent to your Graveyard, I get to Special Summon 'Ally of Justice Quantum Sniper'. Now, I use them to Synchro Summon 'Ally of Justice Doom Prophet'!" A strange hovering machine appeared. "I activate Doom Prophet's effect! By banishing that LIGHT monster in your Graveyard, I get to send 1 random card from your hand to the Graveyard and Doom Prophet's ATK becomes 2500!" The Doom Prophet glowed with ethereal light, energy drained from the souls of the dead. "Go! Doom Prophet! Attack directly!" Energy beams shot out of the Prophet's halo and from the three gun turrets it had, dealing a massive 2500 damage. "With that, I end my turn!"

[spoiler='Custom Cards']
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/116411.jpg[/img]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/116414.jpg[/img]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/117753.jpg[/img]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/143404.jpg[/img]
[/spoiler]

Justice Man's Stats
Monsters: Ally of Justice Doom Prophet
Spell/Traps: Justice Battlefield
In Hand: 3 cards

Mayu was upset that her train was running late so she ended up missing her meeting with Mr. Mason . She made it their as the other employes were leaveing. She walked in and quickly got updated andd headed to the train station not waiting around to see if she was working with someone. She noticed that the people she saw leaveing the building. she was happy though that she manged to get a motercycle to ride back to the station she got on her own train car behind the one the group of a boy and a girl in a sundress. She enjoyed the ride but heard a loud boom in the car in front of her and one behind her she decidied the one behind her was the more imporrtant since there was another group in front of her anyways. She got up and headed towards the cart behind her.

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]During Elijah's end phase Grimm activated his face down card.[/size][/color][/font][/background]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#4b0082]"I activate my face down [b]Grimm Bookmark[/b] with it I can Special Summon 2 Grimm monsters who were on my side of the field last turn but aren't there now, I choose Grimm Ghost and Grimm Siren, but their effects are negated. I'll tune my level 1 Grimm Ghost with my level 5 Grimm Siren, Dark maiden who breaks those she loves come forth and spread the pain Synchro Summon Grimm Lilith! Now I'll equip Grimm Lilith with Dark Spear, now when she declares an attack two things happen I can reduce the attack of 1 DARK monster I control to 0 next she gains attack equal to half what my other monster lost so Grimm Lilith gains 1000 attack, now for the second effect when a monster equipped with Dark Spear attacks you don't get to activate any set cards now I'll have her attack your E-Star General Luckyfoot, you only take 300 points of damage from the battle but during the end phase I will gain 800 life points and you'll lose 600, but before that I'll set another card."[/color][/font][/size]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]As Grimm finished his turn explosions rocked the train and it could be seen that the car behind them was slowly moving away and so Grimm began to walk backwards and jumped onto the the car behind them as the two train cars started to part Grimm laughed and showed an evil grin to his former opponent.[/size][/color][/font][/background]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][color=#4b0082][size=3]"It looks like our match is on hold until net time, maybe you'll actually make me bring out a big gun, or maybe I'll just crush you like I would net turn. Oh well we'll see when the time comes."[/size][/color][/background]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]With that said the part of the train Elijah was on sped off without its cargo, even though Grimm's mission was a success he was unhappy about how the duel ended he might have acted like it was nothing but his opponent had disrupted his strategy something Grimm doesn't take likely.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Damage done 3000-300=2700-600=2100[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Life: 5200[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Hand: 1[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Mon: Grimm Dark Angel(DEF: 2200), Grimm Lilith(ATK: 2200[while attacking 3200])[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]S/T: 1 FD[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Grave: 4[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][spoiler=Cards used]Grimm Bookmark[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Normal Trap[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Select up to 2 "Grimm" monsters in your Graveyard who were on your side of the field last turn. Special Summon the selected cards, their effects are negated.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Dark Spear[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Equip Spell[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Equip only to a DARK monster, when a monster equipped with this card declares an attack your Opponent cannot activate set cards. Once per turn: Select 1 DARK monster you cotrol, reduce the selected monsters attack to 0 then increase the attack of the equipped monster by the amount of what the selected monster lost.[/spoiler][/size][/color][/font][/background]

Simeon had underestimated the abilities of this robot. He had not expected this at all. Reeling from that attack, he drew his next card.

"[color=#daa520]Congratulations. You've fallen right into my trap.[/color]" He lied. Then he saw it. "[color=#daa520]First of all, I'll summon my Fabled Raven! Now then, because I have a Fabled monster on my side of the field, I can use the effect of my Fabled Grimro in my hand. By discarding it, I can add to my hand my Fabled Krus! Next, I'll use the effect of my Fabled Raven; By discarding 4 cards to my graveyard, it gains 1600 attack points and gains 4 levels! But that's not all[/color]." He exclaimed emphatically. He was going to make Justice Man pay for banishing Simeons Magical Merchant. "[color=#daa520]Now I can activate the effect of my Fabled Krus in my graveyard, because when it is discarded from my hand to the graveyard, I can choose a level 4 or lower Fabled monster in my graveyard and special summon it[/color]." He said as a small angel with battered wings appeared in front of him and winked at Justice Man. "[color=#daa520]I don't think you've met yet, have you?[/color]" Simeon inquired as Grimro slowly rose from the ground and spreading it's wings. [color=#daa520]"Now I know what you are thinking; He's done, he'll tune into a bigger monster. But not quite yet. Because you see, I didn't just discard 1 Krus,[/color]" He said massively, as he revealed the second Krus in his graveyard. "[color=#daa520]Now I get to summon ANOTHER level 4 or lower Fabled monster from my graveyard![/color]" He was now shouting. He'd not felt this exhilarated for such a long time. Dueling was like a drug to him - addictive, and makes him feel good. A drug with no drawbacks. "[color=#daa520]I summon, my FABLED URUSTOS! Now I tune my level 6 Raven to my level 4 Grimro. Behold the insufferable power when two feeble monsters combine into one. Behold as I Synchro Summon, my Fabled Leviathan![/color]" He stood back and watched his Leviathan rise, and admired his work. Justice Man was emotionless, but everyone else was dumbfounded. "[color=#daa520]Now then, the effect of my Urustos activates. When I have 2 or less cards in my hand, all my face-up Fabled monsters gain 400 ATK points. Yes, now Leviathan, attack his Doom Prophet! Now Urustos, attack him directly![/color]" The ground shook as the massive Leviathan arose from his throne with a piercingly menacing looking on his face. Leviathan fired a massive beam of light that pierced straight through Justice Man's Doom Prophet. The blinding light nearly completely impeded the sight of everyone spectating. Then, shooting through the dust went Urustos, its bony frame clattering quietly as it sped through Justice Man. "[color=#daa520]With that, my good fellow, I end my turn. I told you your fate was sealed[/color]." Now Simeon could back this up.

Simeon's field:
Fabled Leviathan 3000 ATK > 3400 ATK (Urustos)
Fabled Urustos 1500 ATK > 1900 ATK (Urustos)

Grave: 4

Hand: 1

Justice Man frowned again. He was at 700 Life Points, dangerously low. He had to protect himself. "By discarding 'Ally of Justice Seeker Drone' I get to add 1 'Ally of Justice' monster from my Deck to my hand. I add 'Ally of Justice Alien Hybreeder' to my hand. Because I control no monsters and you control a LIGHT monster, I get to Special Summon him in face-up Attack Position!" A strange extraterrestrial in white armor leaped down from a golden portal that opened in the sky. It rasped at the LIGHT monsters before it. "I Attack Urustos with Hybreeder. Because your monster is a LIGHT monster, Hybreeder gains 300 ATK from Justice Battlefield. When Hybreeder destroys a monster by battle, he gets to Special Summon 1 'Ally of Justice Alien Token'. Now, Main Phase 2, I with Hybreeder and the Token, Synchro Summon 'Ally of Justice Light Crusher' in face-up Attack Position!" Justice Man smiled. "With that, I end my turn."

[spoiler='Custom Cards'][img]http://yugico.com/customcard/116413.jpg[/img]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/117759.jpg[/img]
[img]http://yugico.com/customcard/117713.jpg[/img][/spoiler]

Monsters: Ally of Justice Light Crusher
Spells: Justice Battlefield
Hand: 3

Before E could activate either of his face down cards in response to his opponent's moves, explosions uttered from the train cars further back. [color=#006400][i]Oh no, Doc Mason is NOT gonna be happy wit' me.... [/i][/color]Then, to make matters worse, his opponent fled the scene while uttering some nonsensical garbage about destroying Elijah forever or something. His head in his hands, it was all E could do to wait for the train to finally arrive at Kurellia. However, he managed to gather his composure and put back on his hat, which had fallen off in his recent, momentary tantrum. Heading through the front few cars, he arrived at the engine car and grabbed the cargo manifest. E proceeded to check the inventory. As he went through the list, half-heartedly mind you, he noticed all of the regular, expected cargo: duel disks, cards, a few knick-knacks and some food supplies, etc. When he reached the end of the manifest, though, one item on the list caught his eye. Well, it was actually a few items. They were listed as "Manifestation Token ___", with the blank being occupied by a serial number from 0001 to 0009, with 0008 not among the listed items. [color=#006400][i]Oh, crap. Those guys look real important. I ain't lookin' forward t' tellin' boss about this. At all. [/i][/color]The train lights flickered, probably due to some severed wires that occurred during the previous events. Despite this, the train zoomed onward to Kurellia, cargoless.

[quote name='Leagacy of the Kingdom' timestamp='1353897460' post='6078092']
Mayu was upset that her train was running late so she ended up missing her meeting with Mr. Mason . She made it their as the other employees were leaving. She walked in and quickly got updated and headed to the train station not waiting around to see if she was working with someone. She noticed that the people she saw leaving the building. she was happy though that she managed to get a motorcycle to ride back to the station she got on her own train beside the one the group of a boy and a girl in a undress She enjoyed the ride but heard a loud boom in the car in front of her and one behind her she decided the one behind her was the more important since there was another group in front of her anyway. She got up and headed towards the cart behind her.
[/quote]
@Leagacy: I slightly changed yours so to be in a different train (and I corrected spelling mistakes) because we only want 2 people max. per train.

The train rolled on south, headed for Draszera, the capital. It was perhaps one of the most dangerous of the mission. The President had close ties to the Kaiba family and he could use federal resources to squash the mission. Mayu's partner in the mission was an average-looking guy with brown hair and brown eyes. He didn't seem the type to be up to something like this.
The train came to a screeching halt, it was stopped forcefully by some insane force and they all rushed to see what was going on. Outside pushing on the train was a great big, fourty-feet tall blue and silver mech with the shining insigna of the President's personal Imperial Strykers. A special taskforce that answered to the President and the President alone. Mayu's partner widened his eyes in fear, he turned to face his partner and found her ready to take the mech on. The mech's searchlight fell on her and the man inside smiled. "Resistance is futile... I respect your courage, though perhaps it is mere foolhardiness. Duel! You may go first, girl. Let me show you the insane might of the Imperial Strykers!"

Mayu smiled and activated her duel disk and and gazer to show that she was accepting the challenge from the mech. She looked at the guy she was was working with and told him to make sure all the cargo stayed in one piece. she then drew six cards and turned back towards him. she looked at her hand and let out a sigh of relief . She set two cards face down to make sure she had something to try to scare off her opponent. "Now I'm going to activate the field spell A legendary ocean and normal summon Mother Grizzly." She was focused on the duel as a blue grizzle bear appeared in front of her as a underwater temple appeared behind her She felt good with her first move and was ready to see what her opponent was going to do.

Life:4000
Mon:Mother Grizzly (ATK: 1400)
S/T: 2FD 1 feild spell
Grave : 0

[spoiler='Replying to:'][quote name='Varian Emissary' timestamp='1353902004' post='6078148']
[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]During Elijah's end phase Grimm activated his face down card.[/size][/color][/font][/background]
[size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#4b0082]"I activate my face down [b]Grimm Bookmark[/b] with it I can Special Summon 2 Grimm monsters who were on my side of the field last turn but aren't there now, I choose Grimm Ghost and Grimm Siren, but their effects are negated. I'll tune my level 1 Grimm Ghost with my level 5 Grimm Siren, Dark maiden who breaks those she loves come forth and spread the pain Synchro Summon Grimm Lilith! Now I'll equip Grimm Lilith with Dark Spear, now when she declares an attack two things happen I can reduce the attack of 1 DARK monster I control to 0 next she gains attack equal to half what my other monster lost so Grimm Lilith gains 1000 attack, now for the second effect when a monster equipped with Dark Spear attacks you don't get to activate any set cards now I'll have her attack your E-Star General Luckyfoot, you only take 300 points of damage from the battle but during the end phase I will gain 800 life points and you'll lose 600, but before that I'll set another card."[/color][/font][/size]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]As Grimm finished his turn explosions rocked the train and it could be seen that the car behind them was slowly moving away and so Grimm began to walk backwards and jumped onto the the car behind them as the two train cars started to part Grimm laughed and showed an evil grin to his former opponent.[/size][/color][/font][/background]

[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][color=#4b0082][size=3]"It looks like our match is on hold until net time, maybe you'll actually make me bring out a big gun, or maybe I'll just crush you like I would net turn. Oh well we'll see when the time comes."[/size][/color][/background]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]With that said the part of the train Elijah was on sped off without its cargo, even though Grimm's mission was a success he was unhappy about how the duel ended he might have acted like it was nothing but his opponent had disrupted his strategy something Grimm doesn't take likely.[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Damage done 3000-300=2700-600=2100[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Life: 5200[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Hand: 1[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Mon: Grimm Dark Angel(DEF: 2200), Grimm Lilith(ATK: 2200[while attacking 3200])[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]S/T: 1 FD[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Grave: 4[/background][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][spoiler=Cards used]Grimm Bookmark[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Normal Trap[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Select up to 2 "Grimm" monsters in your Graveyard who were on your side of the field last turn. Special Summon the selected cards, their effects are negated.[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Dark Spear[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5A5A5A][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3][background=rgb(251, 253, 254)]Equip Spell[/background][/size][/font][/color]
[background=rgb(251, 253, 254)][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#5a5a5a][size=3]Equip only to a DARK monster, when a monster equipped with this card declares an attack your Opponent cannot activate set cards. Once per turn: Select 1 DARK monster you cotrol, reduce the selected monsters attack to 0 then increase the attack of the equipped monster by the amount of what the selected monster lost.[/spoiler][/size][/color][/font][/background]
[/quote][/spoiler]

The mercenaries all made their way back to Spiral City and the Kaiba Corp HQ. They were made to wait on the opulent second floor lobby, the lobby for employees, until everyone got back. Alas, the last stragglers arrived and the ornate double-doors of the elevator opened up... but it was not Muramasa who stepped out. It was a tall, brilliantly handsome man with neatly combed long white hair that went halfway down his back and also covered his left eye. His visible eye was white as well and anyone who looked into it felt an unmistakable chill down their spine. He was dressed in a similar trenchcoat as Muramasa, though silver, and underneath, all his clothes were black. Everyone knew who this was, they had all seen him on TV and on advertisements throughout the state. This was Gin Kaiba, Heir of the Kaiba Family, Mayor of Spiral City and Governor of the Southeast. This was the second most powerful man in the country. He walked forwards whilst look from side to side, taking in the bunch.
"Failures... failures, many of you," said Gin coldly. "Though, I applaud those of you who have succeeded." He clapped a few times, though the Duelists could not help but feel he was mocking them. The corner of Gin's mouth perked up a bit. "Those of you who have failed... begone, before I order someone to personally remove you." People looked at each other in fear. Some seemed to be about to complain, but thought better of it. Gin smiled. "Begone, now!" They leaped up and quickly filed out of the stairs. After they left, Gin returned to the position to face everyone, in front of the grand elevator. "My baby brother is not here," he said. "I have been so kind to take a bit of my infinitely precious time to come here and talk to you guys, and give you your next missions. Muramasa is in Kurellia, some of you will be sent to aid him." He pointed at Grimm, Adrian and five others. "You may leave now, a jet has been arranged for your voyage." He looked into the eyes of each which he had chosen for the mission. "Do not fail." His tone gave no mistake that if they failed, the consequences would be fatal. It was not a good idea to cross the second most powerful man in a country, he had connections to make you... disappear.
[hr]
The jet was completely, over the top, luxurious, with a spa, a swimming pool, maids, servants and a butler and there was even a Dueling Stage. The five other mercenaries spent their time as if it were a holiday, chilling in the pool, ordering drinks and, for some, flirting with the maids. It was not a particularly long journey, it would take approximately fourty minutes with the extreme speed of the jet. There was even time for a Duel or two.

(OoC: @Varian and Azphrael: hint, hint, wink, wink)

[spoiler='Replying to:']
[quote name='Leagacy of the Kingdom' timestamp='1353988019' post='6078949']
Mayu smiled and activated her duel disk and and gazer to show that she was accepting the challenge from the mech. She looked at the guy she was was working with and told him to make sure all the cargo stayed in one piece. she then drew six cards and turned back towards him. she looked at her hand and let out a sigh of relief . She set two cards face down to make sure she had something to try to scare off her opponent. "Now I'm going to activate the field spell A legendary ocean and normal summon Mother Grizzly." She was focused on the duel as a blue grizzle bear appeared in front of her as a underwater temple appeared behind her She felt good with her first move and was ready to see what her opponent was going to do.

Life:4000
Mon:Mother Grizzly (ATK: 1400)
S/T: 2FD 1 feild spell
Grave : 0
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

The mech extended an arm and a massive Duel Disk dramatically unfolded. "Alright," said the man in the mech. "I Activate the Continuous Spell Card Wind-Up Factory and Normal Summon Wind-Up Rabbit." A cute red robot bunny appeared in front of a structure that seemed to be constructing more toys. "I activate Rabbit's effect and banish him from the field, which triggers the effect of Factory, which adds 1 Wind-Up monster from my Deck to my hand. I add Wind-Up Shark to my hand! With that, I end my turn."

(No custom cards, these cards are real)

Field: Wind-Up Factory
Banished: Wind-Up Rabbit
Hand: Five cards

"Really. You think I can get one?" Valerie asked Rudolph about the whole monster manifestation. That's when he asked her about where she is from. "Me?" Valerie responded. "Oh well I was born here in Polar Star City, but moved at a young age to Spiral City. About year ago I moved back here." Valerie purposely avoided mentioning that she was alone, that those that were close to her were no longer here.

Once they were arriving Valerie saw the view, it was both beautiful and pitiful. She didn't know how to feel, so she just kept the smile that she always had. "No, I've never been here. I really have never heard of it." Valerie blushed and put her head down a little do to embarrassment.

"Sins?" Valerie mumbled with confusion. "I've never herd of those either. I guess I just ain't that smart." She giggled a little. With that they landed and Valerie was asked what she wanted to eat. "I feel like eating..." she paused for a little, putting her right index finer on her lower lip. "I know!" She screamed as her face lit up. "Lets go eat shrimp." Valerie grabbed Rudolph's wrist and began walking, and pulling him with her, in a random direction. She really did not know where she was going.

Simeon drew a card, knowing he was on the brink of losing. Then he saw the card he'd drawn. And he smiled to himself, for he was finally happy with life; even if only for one sparing moment. "I'll attack your Ally of Justice Light Crusher with my Fabled Leviathan now." He caught a glimpse of the worried faces surrounding him, so he turned around and winked at them. "Look at my hand; I have one card left. Guess what that card is? A little known card called Honest. You see, when a Light monster on my side of the field battles with a monster on your side of the field, my monster gains attack equal to your monsters attack! GO LEVIATHAN! WIPE OUT HIS LIFE POINTS!" He shouted as Leviathan created a large ball of blinding light and then launched it at Light Crusher. Justice Man's life points had been reduced to 0, but when the smoke had cleared, Justice Man had disappeared.

Mayu was shocked by the fact the giant mech had left himself almost completely open. She was in a hurry top make sure to get ride of him and to continue the mission she really felt like he was taking it to easy on her and that would be his down fall. She drew another card and this time an actual smile came to her face as she looked at her hand. Sh looked back across at her opponent and summoned deep sea diva in attack mode. " when this lovely lady is successfully normal summoned i can special summon a level three or lower sea serpent from my deck and I chose my atlantean marksman." A mermaid and a fish man holding a cross bow joined her grizzle bear on the field. " that's not all now i'm going to activate aqua jet to boost my deep sea divas attack by 1000. Now i shall attack you directly with all my monsters." as she said this all the monsters rushed up and and attacked the mech. "Oh one more thing when marksman inflicts battle damage i can special summon an Atlantean from my deck but that dosn't matter because you have lost.

OPP 4000=> 0

[spoiler='Replying to:'][quote name='Leagacy of the Kingdom' timestamp='1354054636' post='6079481']
Mayu was shocked by the fact the giant mech had left himself almost completely open. She was in a hurry top make sure to get ride of him and to continue the mission she really felt like he was taking it to easy on her and that would be his down fall. She drew another card and this time an actual smile came to her face as she looked at her hand. Sh looked back across at her opponent and summoned deep sea diva in attack mode. " when this lovely lady is successfully normal summoned i can special summon a level three or lower sea serpent from my deck and I chose my atlantean marksman." A mermaid and a fish man holding a cross bow joined her grizzle bear on the field. " that's not all now i'm going to activate aqua jet to boost my deep sea divas attack by 1000. Now i shall attack you directly with all my monsters." as she said this all the monsters rushed up and and attacked the mech. "Oh one more thing when marksman inflicts battle damage i can special summon an Atlantean from my deck but that dosn't matter because you have lost.

OPP 4000=> 0
[/quote][/spoiler]
The Duel Mech staggered back after it's stunning defeat. He had not expected to be defeated so quickly. The Mech began to spark and crackle as it was being detonated. "Evacuation!" cried that man in the Duel Mech, he was ejected out of the Mech and sent flying into the distance. Mayu could see a parachute expand and the eject pod's descent slowed down immediately. The train continued, unmolested, to Draszera.

An hour after she got there, Mayu's cellphone rang. [color=#0000ff]"Heyyy! It's meee! Mark Kahuuuna! You're expected in Kurellia, please take a plane there, sooooon!"[/color] said Mark on the phone. [color=#0000ff]"Goooodbye!"[/color] He hung up without giving Mayu a chance to reply.

[spoiler='Replying to:'][quote name='S-Jam' timestamp='1354047120' post='6079354']
Simeon drew a card, knowing he was on the brink of losing. Then he saw the card he'd drawn. And he smiled to himself, for he was finally happy with life; even if only for one sparing moment. "I'll attack your Ally of Justice Light Crusher with my Fabled Leviathan now." He caught a glimpse of the worried faces surrounding him, so he turned around and winked at them. "Look at my hand; I have one card left. Guess what that card is? A little known card called Honest. You see, when a Light monster on my side of the field battles with a monster on your side of the field, my monster gains attack equal to your monsters attack! GO LEVIATHAN! WIPE OUT HIS LIFE POINTS!" He shouted as Leviathan created a large ball of blinding light and then launched it at Light Crusher. Justice Man's life points had been reduced to 0, but when the smoke had cleared, Justice Man had disappeared.
[/quote][/spoiler]
Dr. Mason and Mark applauded Simeon's performance. [color=#ff0000]"Very good,"[/color] said the CEO of ChristMas Corp. He glanced at his watch.[color=#ff0000] "Well, it seems about time to go now. Come with us, Simeon. Have you been to Kurellia?"[/color] He looked around. [color=#ff0000]"Well, Rudolph isn't here... I'll have to drive, but I'm a little rusty... Mark you can drive, right?"[/color] The old surfer nodded. [color=#0000ff]"Aye, I can."[/color]

Soon enough, they were off in Mark's Ferrari to the Pole Star Airport. As they drove through the city streets, they found that everywhere had been decorated with banners of all sorts preparing for the Midwinter Festival which was only two weeks away. It was a three week holiday that lasted up past Midwinter. [color=#ff0000]"We're planning a Tournament for Midwinter,"[/color] said Dr. Mason. [color=#ff0000]"Are you going to enter?"[/color]

The plane ride to Kurellia passed with no difficulties. Dr. Mason was quiet during that time, contemplating something. He was lost in his thoughts and Mark knew not to disturb his friend. Dr. Mason was remembering his wife, who had died of cancer. He could never get her out of his head, for a while, he had even been screeching about resurrection though eventually, one day, he had suddenly became quiet about it. Mark had always assumed that he simply got over it, but Dr. Mason would still often daydream of days long gone.
[hr]
The members of ChristMas Charity Corp that were sent to Kurellia congregated at this seafood restaurant that Valeria had found the day before as they wandered through the poverty stricken streets seeking decent food. It was a four and a half star restaurant, a place for fine dining, something rare in Kurellia as the majority of the population was extremely poor and could not afford dining in any restaurant at all. They reserved a very large meeting room for themselves. There was ten of them marked as Charity workers: Dr. Mason, Mark Kahuna, Simeon, E, Mayu, Mayu's useless partner, Rudolph, Valerie, Ellie and a person that was new to the newer members of the Charity Corp. He was thin man in an ugly-looking dark red superhero suit and bug-eye goggles, at his side was a strange-looking gun. However, there were five other people who seemed to be relatively ordinary-looking, and a bit anxious-looking, Duelists.

[color=#ff0000]"Allow me to introduce you to Dextor Inza, a native of Kurellia, and our coordinator here,"[/color] said Dr. Mason beaming at everyone and gesturing at the weird guy. [color=#ff0000]"He knows most about the strange situation here, more than I do, so I will allow him to explain what is going on and what we know right now."[/color] Dr. Mason sat down, and leaned back comfortably into his chair.

Dextor stood up, looking rather uncomfortable, and cleared his throat before speaking. [color=#b22222]"So, if you do not know already, there have been disappearances happening here in Kurellia. Kurellia is a poverty stricken city and few people are Duelists... until Dr. Mason came along."[/color] The people around the table clapped. [color=#b22222]"As a citizen of Kurellia, I thank you."[/color] Dextor bowed to Dr. Mason, who simply nodded, accepting the thanks. [color=#b22222]"The disappearances have been exclusively new young aspiring Duelists who were enabled to become Duelists due to Dr. Mason's efforts. This concerns us deeply. Why are people disappearing and what does it have to do with Duelists?"[/color] The man paused for dramatic effect and for his words to sink in. [color=#b22222]"I have figured out a rather abstract pattern and these seven here are likely to be the next targets for the kidnappers. You are here to guard these people, understand? Well, let's enjoy the rest of our meal. Thank you very much."[/color] The man seemed rather awkward and not exactly used to public speaking of any sort, nor was he good at making speeches, but nevertheless, the targeted Duelists seemed very much relieved. They all sat down and grabbed a menu to order their food.

(OoC: You players will all be divided to guard a person, get to know them, return to their residence and live with them for a few days, this should take 1 post to live in, but a longish one.)

Adrian leaned back in his chair a little. First mission in a while, and he even got to spend the first part of it on a comfortable plane. Working for Gin Kaiba, no less.

The plane was no less than luxurious. It was retrofitted with things one would be more likely to find in a mansion than a plane, but he and the other six mercenaries were nowhere near complaining.

Adrian took a sip from the beer he had been offered upon arrival and looked around the poolside area of the plane. The other people hired for the mission of helping Muramasa were doing much the same as him, lounging around or in the pool, enjoying the tens-of-thousand-feet-high sun.

Sitting around was nice, but inactivity wore on one's nerves after a while, especially if that one was used to do-or-die infiltration missions. He got up off his chair, stretched for a bit, and asked the closest person, "You up for a duel?"

The guy had shoulder-length grey hair and blue eyes that glowed as he said...

{{OoC: Varian, that's you.}}

Simeon had been partnered with Barney Jones, a 18 year old who was shy and introverted person with a medium sized apartment. Barney led Simeon in, then while Barney scuttled off into his room, Simeon familiarized himself with his new surroundings. It was warm, warmer than his past locations anyhow. And with a nice view. "Well I've seen worse." Simeon said under his breath.
"Make yourself at home if you want." The suddenness of his words almost made Simeon jump. "I've got a guest room here. Down the corridor, to the left." He said shyly, avoiding eye contact. "Sorry if I scared you." He left to the bathroom as Simeon moved for the guest room.
"Thanks. I really mean it." Simeon said through the door when he walked past. As he walked past, he saw Barney's room. Small, compact and untidy, it at least smelled okay. But Simeon was flabbergasted at the guest room. He opened the door to find a much bigger room with a bed completely spotless. The walls were freshly painted dark green, giving the fresh smell of emulsion that filled the room. The light entering the room was blinding and beautiful, with an old fashioned plus-sign window. It was everything Simeon wanted.

Later that day, after Simeon had settled in, Barney made lunch for them both. Pasta with lamb mince sauce. It had been so long since Simeon had eaten such a meal. [i]This Barney guy might not be much of a duelist, but he could become a chef[/i], Simeon thought. "So, Barney is it?" No response. "Have you dueled much in the past then?" Simeon was attempting to talk to Barney to no avail. Barney was completely opaque to Simeon, no response, not even acknowledgement. Simeon was getting impatient. He dropped his fork and said: "Look Barney, I've been assigned to protect you. I can't help you if you don't help me, so it would be nice to know who I'm protecting, huh?"
"Alright then, let's see here." Simeon had finally gotten him to talk. Finally. "I was kicked out of school for low exam results, I am unemployed, my Dad died and left me a lot of cash which pays for this place, my Mom went off somewhere with a rich guy and will probably divorce him for a massive settlement, I am an only child, no friends and no duel skills. People that meet me say that I am lucky to be alive, since I have no one. All I have is money, which is about as desirable as a hamburger. It's just paper and I can't buy myself happiness." Simeon now wished he didn't talk to him. That was a real shock to him.
"I... I'm sorry about that. That's really tough." Simeon said empathetically. He knew what Barney had gone through, but still hadn't gotten over it himself.
"Well?" Barney said.
"Well what?"
"What's your story?"
Simeon decided on the truth. It's the only thing he could talk about anyhow. "Ok then, I was born in Kalrim City, off the shore of Japan. My parents were middle class, and even though my Dad had been an ass, things were going fine. Then my Mom got cancer and died when I was 10 years old. Kalrim is like an Alsatian, good to you if you like it enough, but when you stop even for 1 second it could tear your throat out. And that's what Kalrim City did after my dad booted me out of the house. So I stowed away on the first boat to a new beginning; Spiral City. I went from care home to care home, and was bullied out of each. I nearly took my life, but I was stopped by a man named Monitai Husensu. He took me in as his own and trained me to become the duelist I am today." A smile broke out on Simeon's face as he gestured to his bag, where he keeps his deck. "Monitai gave me a home and a deck, but I realised quickly that good things never last."
"What happened?" Barney was now looking as if to say 'This is horrible'. He saw this as a good horror movie; you don't want to watch, but you are compelled to.
"He was led down a dark alley and murdered for the 'paper' in his wallet. I was 15 years old." Simeon was looking incredibly mournful now, and so was Barney. "I appealed to the Kaibas - I don't know what I was thinking or expecting. They were as savage to me as Seto was to Joey back in the day, and I was on the streets for a long time. The last couple of years were a blur, up until the train ride out I don't recall much."

Time passed, and their mournful expressions faded as Simeon recalled his funny moments in his life. "And when I got to ChristMas Corp, I woke up from unconsciousness to duel a robot!" They both laughed raucously, so much so that they got a shout from next door.
"Shut down that racket!" Shouted some old lady next door. This had an adverse effect, and the two of them just laughed louder.

Archived