A Look Back At: Tower of Power

I don't remember its exact name, but Tower of Power was the name I learned. It was a deck from Japan, and the only one I knew of that had any success using 60 cards, even though looking at it it would seem very inconsistent.

The Basic Cards:
Il Blud
Zombie Master
Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower
Pyramid Turtle
Goblin Zombie (I think they had it at the time?)
Mystic Tomato
Sangan
Cannon Soldier / [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Little_Swordsman_of_Aile"]The Little Swordsman of Aile[/url]
Giant Rat / Mother Grizzly (For above)
Spirit Reaper
Cockroach Knight
-
Book of Life
Card of Safe Return
Mass Driver
Premature Burial
Call of the Mummy (For FTK)

The basic idea is to use Mass Driver with Zombie Master and Card of Safe Return. Ditch a Zombie Master for a Zombie Master, draw 1 from Safe Return, tribute the first Zombie Master for Mass Driver, then use the effect of the new Zombie Master to summon the Tributed one. You continually loop this until you win the duel. Bone Tower is an alternate win condition by deckout, and because the combo requires you to have monsters, and you need to use a total of 20 monsters to discard for this combo, the deck count is usually higher than 40. You could also play the deck with minimal spells and traps, but it will less consistently OTK. Cockroach Knight can be used for this OTK as well, but of course is a dead draw outside of it.

Have any of you faced this particular deck or its variants back in the day? What do you think about the deck now?

[quote name='newhat' timestamp='1353042025' post='6070874']
This loop could be performed far more simply with 2 Fishborg Blaster.
[/quote]
This was before Synchos were even an idea, but I know what you mean. None of the broken cards in this combo could return. Mass Driver is broken in the convention sense, in that it isn't used for its intended purpose, but instead gives some sort of unfair advantage in gamestate. IE being able to get rid of monsters on the field infinitely to recycle their effects.

Archived