Main Character of Star Wars?

Randomflyingobjects

Main Character of Star Wars?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the main character?

• Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader
    • Luke Skywalker
    • Other

So... they're not going off of the books that depict the story after episode 6?

Oh and it's easily Anakin. The entire story throughout all 6 episodes did focus around him. Luke was more prominent throughout episode 4, but 1-3, 5 and 6 made Anakin to be the focus. Kinda passively in 5 and 6, but still the main character.

George lucas always stated that the Star wars series was about the Tragedy of Vader, the tale of Anakin Skywalker. Luke is an important character, but was never the main character. Main protagonist, at least in the last 3, but never the main character.

As for the new three movies, no matter how good they'll be (And I dont doubt that they'll be good), they're not the traditional Star Wars story; they dont follow that same story of Anakin. They'll be like the extended Universe, just with more money spent on them.

[quote name='YuYuHakusho13' timestamp='1353813868' post='6077176']
anakin [b]becuse technically he's in every film[/b] and plays a major role in each
[/quote]

By that logic, R2D2 and 3CPO should be the main character as well.

Never saw anyone as a main character but rather that it's a group of main characters with their own role.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1353036443' post='6070815']
I guess Anakin, considering the fact they're apparently bringing him back for 7-9.
[/quote]

Is this confirm in any way?

They're not bringing Anakin back for 7-9, Anakin's dead. They might be bringing luke back though.

But that in no-way means that he's the main character; nor does the being in all 6 movies. Anakin isn't the only one to do that; Obi-wan, C-3PO & R2-D2 have all been in all 6. Anakin is the main character because it's the story/Tragedy of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker; Lucas has said himself that it was the story of Anakin, and his death was Lucas' excuse for originally not doing a 7-9.

[quote name='DaWeirdGuy' timestamp='1353844890' post='6077425']
They're not bringing Anakin back for 7-9, Anakin's dead. They might be bringing luke back though.
[/quote]

...But those movies don't count. (Let's see Disney make something decent, shall we?) Anakin's the main character of the 1-6 saga, the ACTUAL saga. 7-9 is probably around the Expanded Universe junk.

[quote name='Randomflyingobjects' timestamp='1353859761' post='6077549']
...But those movies don't count. (Let's see Disney make something decent, shall we?) Anakin's the main character of the 1-6 saga, the ACTUAL saga. 7-9 is probably around the Expanded Universe junk.
[/quote]

You [b]do [/b]realize that Disney are responsible for The Avengers too, right? So if you want to see them make "something decent", you don't have to look very far.

[quote name='Umbra' timestamp='1353860233' post='6077554']
You [b]do [/b]realize that Disney are responsible for The Avengers too, right? So if you want to see them make "something decent", you don't have to look very far.
[/quote] I'm saying that I REALLY don't think they're going to recreate the epicness of Star Wars correctly. Disney does have some good shows, but I honestly don't have much faith in their Star Wars project.

[quote name='Randomflyingobjects' timestamp='1353859761' post='6077549']
7-9 is probably around the Expanded Universe junk.
[/quote]

Actually, they've reported they're not adapting the movies on any Expanded Universe stuff. It's a whole different story.

[url="http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357610/Darth-Vader-to-be-resurrected"]As for Vader coming back[/url]
I really hope they reconsider though. He should stay dead.

[quote name='Fusion X. Denver' timestamp='1353867464' post='6077646']
Actually, they've reported they're not adapting the movies on any Expanded Universe stuff. It's a whole different story.

[url="http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/357610/Darth-Vader-to-be-resurrected"]As for Vader coming back[/url]
I really hope they reconsider though. He should stay dead.
[/quote]

I'm really not buying that story at all, it seems like a load of crap to me.

I think Anakin is the main character for 1-3, but the point of view shifts to Luke for the second half.

[quote name='Coral Blue' timestamp='1353901193' post='6078137']
I'm really not buying that story at all, it seems like a load of crap to me.

I think Anakin is the main character for 1-3, but the point of view shifts to Luke for the second half.
[/quote]

I hope so too, but this is a really big rumor; the entire first page for "darth vader coming back" on Google is all pages reporting the same speculation.

I've always thought it was Obi-Wan, since he is the main character pretty much in Phantom Menace (Anakin is introduced like halfway through) and co-main character throughout 2 and 3. Then he is prominently featured in 4, and in 5 and 6 he comes back as a ghost to help Luke, Han, Leia and Chewy throughout both of the movies. I've never thought of Star Wars as being the story of Anakin's tragic life, more as an account of Obi-Wan's escapades.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived